Why Being A Teen In Dubai Sux...

Topic locked
Why Being a teen In Dubai Sux... Jul 31, 2008
Trust me being a teen in Dubai is not all that great...We have not much to do for our recreation . Let me List out to you where & what actually goes wrong.

+ The F**king heat :- I wouldn't be surprised if you get evaporated in this bad ass heat.No wonder we have to think twice before a game of ball.

+ Lack of Place to play :- More the construction Less free space to play . Go to gardens municipality chases you . Go to the neighbor hood , The dog Nathur chases you . We hardly have space to play .

+ Transport System is Handicapped :- You have to wait 20-30 Minutes in the f**king heat before you can get a bus . If you want to hire a cab . First try catching one. The demand is way more than supply when it comes to cabs.I ve had my mates waiting hours for a Taxi.

+ Earn Your Pocket money :- Even after the law was passed that we teens can work , I hardly find any employers who are willing to hire us . How often have you seen an advertise in Gulf news saying " Wanted Teens for Job " ?

+ Driving License :- Only 18+ are allowed to drive . It takes almost a year to 6 months before you are actually given a license . The Exhaustive and Biased Driving test make Driving License a Prized Possession . This Sucks !

+ Clubbing Only for 21+ :- C'mon all over the world 18+ crowd are allowed to club , why not here?

There has to be change , A lot of change ! Even we need some space to breath don't we ?

Visit Us at www.dxbunderground.com/blog

dude91
Dubai Forum Visitor

Jul 31, 2008
Dude91, I can totally sympathise with you. There is very little for young people to do here apart from wander the shopping malls.

Back in the day when I was a youngster, about 200 years ago, we had youth clubs in designated places where all the young people could come and take part in activities etc.

With regards to the clubbing thing, in the US it's 21+ and it's not the age to get into the club, it's the fact that they sell alcohol that is the issue.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jul 31, 2008
feels good when some one understands you....
dude91
Dubai Forum Visitor

Aug 01, 2008
Hey, not to be a jerk, but it probably beats the hell out of being a teenager in Iraq.
AL7273

Aug 02, 2008
I don't deny that.....
dude91x
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Aug 14, 2008
how is it for younger kids....

thinking of bringing my 2yo boy and 3mo girl out here
greatexpectations
Dubai Forum User

Aug 22, 2008
ye fr kids its kewl.....no problemo :D
dude91x
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Aug 24, 2008
Dubai is great for kids and married people. For teens and even people in the early 20s it's really boring.
Salamov
Dubai Forum Visitor

Aug 26, 2008
do you think there's anything that could make life in Dubai fun for teens?
shaazthegreat
Dubai Forum Guest

Aug 26, 2008
I don't think so. First because it's a Muslim country so clubs are only for adults and the minimum age to get in is 21. Secondly there is not much places for teens and the ones that are available are overpriced and since teens can get a part time job they cannot afford activities they want.

In western countries you can see teens working part-time in the shops, fast food and some other jobs that don't require many skills, while in Dubai they ask for CV and experience if you want to get a job in McDonalds.

There was a good article in the newspaper that youth unemployment costs region 99bln Dhs. Coz if they will recruit teens part time they will not have to open them visas, providea coomodation and so on. Here's the article http://www.thenational.ae/article/20080 ... 4/-1/SPORT
Salamov
Dubai Forum Visitor

Aug 27, 2008
I so agree with you dude ! I hope they change the recruitment procedure out here !

I had another nasty experience when tired my luck for the gitex !

http://dxbunderground.com/blog/blog1.ph ... ew-part-ii

check it out ! and do comment !
dude91x
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Aug 27, 2008
Typical Dubai. They always ask for experience. How do people get one after graduation. What's the point of having all those universities here of nobody will hire you after that?

It's not only for teens, even graduates have this problem, and not only fireigners but also the locals.
Salamov
Dubai Forum Visitor

Aug 27, 2008
Go to any other place or become a couch potato ! H**p ur galfriends.... i guess thats leagal !
Papparazzzi
Dubai Forums Member

Aug 27, 2008
hi all
I stayed there for 8 months....
dubai for me is a place wer money can be earned and spent quickly...
good for ppl who hv settled der business..
good as a tourist place..
prettygal
Dubai Forums Frequenter

MTV'S TRUE LIFE: I LIVE IN DUBAI CASTING CALL Aug 27, 2008
TRUE LIFE: I LIVE IN DUBAI

Are you a foreign student studying in Dubai at either an American or local institution, or teaching abroad in Dubai? Are you a local who finds the ever increasing foreign presence in the city a threat to your traditional customs? Are you an expatriate who does not identify with the mostly Arabic customs and laws? Are you or a family member relocating to Dubai for business and feeling unsure about calling Dubai your new home? Or are you simply planning an exciting vacation to Dubai to take part in one of its many festivals, celebrations, or tourist attractions? If you currently live in or will be visiting Dubai, and you believe your experience there is or will be unique culturally, MTV wants to hear from you.

If you appear to be between the ages of 16 and 28, and you think that you have an interesting story to tell the world about your experiences as either a native, local or visitor to Dubai, email us at Dubai@mtvn.com with all of the details. Please be sure to include your name, location, phone number and a photo, if possible.
MTVCasting
Dubai Forum Guest

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat