British Pupils Learn Hatred Of Jews At School

Topic locked
British pupils learn hatred of Jews at school Nov 23, 2010
Ooooh - the mooslims and their media propaganda machines, spreading libel and lies about Jews and Christians. Just a short step away from believing Muslims drink the blood of Christian babies and want to take over the world because of hidden messages Guru Bob has uncovered in the Quran! Scary stuff - but perhaps just a hang-over from Halloween?

I wonder if this could be construed as racism, since hatred of an ethnic group must be racism, dontchya know?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11799713

In a book for 14-year-olds, Sharia law and its punishment for theft are explained, including detailed diagrams about how hands and feet of thieves are amputated.

At least students are learning topics they can use in the real world.

One of the text books asks children to list the "reprehensible" qualities of Jewish people. A text for younger children asks what happens to someone who dies who is not a believer in Islam - the answer given in the text book is "hellfire".

Hellfire is indeed where non-believers go.

As for 'reprehensible' qualities of the Jewish people, well..... http://infad.usim.edu.my/modules.php?op ... e&sid=4450

The use of these materials in Britain comes three years after a BBC investigation found a Saudi-funded school in west London was using texts that referred to Jewish people and Christians in derogatory terms. That prompted assurances at the highest diplomatic levels that the materials would be removed.

Panorama has also found evidence of extreme views on some private, full-time Muslim school websites, including messages that state: "Our children are exposed to a culture that is in opposition to almost everything Islam stands for" and "We need to defend our children from the forces of evil".

Bah, more snippets taken out-of-context. Of course, the fuller meaning from these statements was that Jews and Christians were not pigs and monkeys or whatever derogatory term that was used to describe non-Muslims.

You know, like the Jews and Christians are *not* the worst of Allah's creatures.

event horizon
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: British pupils learn hatred of Jews at school Nov 23, 2010
can i get a popcorn and pepsi, for take awy?

and keep the change while you at it!
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: British pupils learn hatred of Jews at school Nov 23, 2010
You know that if this story took place in Israel, ten articles by opinion elites would have been posted on this forum.

But since it involves adherents to the religion of peace, the typical responses of 'taken out of context', 'snippets', 'exaggeration' and cries of 'Islamophobia' will be issued.

Oh, can't we all just get along (and any 'inconvenient stories regarding Islam or Muslims quietly swept under the rug)?
event horizon
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: British Pupils Learn Hatred Of Jews At School Nov 23, 2010
Thanks eh - this is indeed a cause for concern - children shouldn't indeed be taught hateful, distorted views.

Thanks too for quoting the bbc article - I can only say I agree with the Imam who has the last word, and the MP who points out that these particular schools aren't representative of the very good Muslim schools that also exist in the UK.

Saudi funded Wahabbi schools and mosques are indeed a global issue that should be monitored and exposed where-ever possible.

MP Barry Sheerman, former Labour chairman of the Children, Schools and Families parliamentary committee, said politicians had avoided the issue of controversial teachings in some Muslim schools.

"There are some very good Muslim schools but there are some Muslim schools that give me great cause for concern that is often around the ethos of the schools, the focus of the school and the kind of ideology that is concerning."

Dr Usama Hasan, an Islamic scholar and part-time imam in east London, warned of the dangers of segregating young Muslims in Britain, particularly the seminaries where the next generation of imams are being educated.

"They don't interact with people who are not Muslim... they don't learn the ingredients of the western world, so it's very easy for them to read the medieval texts which were written at a time when Islam was under attack and say non-believers are our enemies and we have to fight them."

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: British Pupils Learn Hatred Of Jews At School Nov 26, 2010
Fully agree Shafique. Its definitely not indicative of educated muslim teachings but unfortunately even when you look outside mosques that one could definitively say were Wahabi funded the lack of actual education on the part of the religious leaders that preside over the large majority of mosques mean that the younger generation are often given lead astray. Many of my UK muslim friends tell me that mosques often have teachings that are biased on based on the religious leaders view/interpretation of the koran which is often incorrect. Ie - many prescribe to the belief that cigarettes are "haram" - but others do not and I don't believe the koran states that they are.

But I fully agree that the distortion and hatred of the wahabi funded islamic culture is probably the greatest future threat for peace between muslims and other religions particularly jews. There was an article in the Times about 2 years ago where a school in London was found to have distributed versions of the koran that had specific lines inserted about jewish people being evil and others of tolerance, etc removed. Very sad.
JoeTGF
Dubai forums Addict

Re: British Pupils Learn Hatred Of Jews At School Nov 26, 2010
I finally watched the Panorama programme a few days ago.

It is definitely only a minority of schools - and indeed the issue was really primarily about some part-time after-school clubs which use Saudi curriculum books in Arabic. The majority of Muslims in the UK aren't Arabic speakers - most are from the Indian subcontinent. So these school books are only being used by kids who speak Arabic - most likely Arab kids.

The show featured the a Muslim school, Al Furqan, and showed that they go and visit synagogues, teach tolerance etc.

The stats in the programme said that only 5% of pupils go to Muslim schools and that the vast majority of these aren't a problem. So the problem is a minority of a minority - and the problem of the books is one where Saudi school books are used.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk