Renting Car For Short Stay - 2 Weeks Roughly

Topic locked
Renting car for short stay - 2 weeks roughly Nov 21, 2010
We rented a Suzuki SX4 1.6 L DOHC I4 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suzuki_SX4) for 7 days for, prices in AED and is per day

100 for the car
10 (could be 20, but I can't remember) for sat nav.
Total: 770.
and the deposit of 1000, which I think is forfeit because of the amount of speeding fines we perhaps racked up.

Was this a bargain? Next time, I'm thinking of getting a luxury car with a bigger engine. We were quoted 200 AED per day for a Volkswagen Passat, is it possible to get it cheaper, or does this sound about right? We rented it from Omar Bin Khattab Road, off Al Muteena road. It's where all the car rental places are located in Dubai. Thank you, Taxi Man, for taking us there.

brucebanner
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: Renting car for short stay - 2 weeks roughly Nov 21, 2010
A VW Passat is hardly a luxury car! LOL! If you want any street cred round here you need to drive a BM, Audi, Merc, or Range Rover. Anything else won't cut it with those local lasses you're lusting after. You either have to lower your sights or up your budget. Good luck.
Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Renting Car For Short Stay - 2 Weeks Roughly Nov 21, 2010
Luxury and Passat ? Dude you need a ride in a real car
desertdudeshj

Rickshaws are awesome!
Bethsmum

The was mildly assuming. [sarcasm]I'm after mall-cred, so the car isn't important.[/sarcasm]

Anyhow, how much am I looking to pay for a luxury card. It'd helpful if the exact car details are also listed. Thank you in advance.
Bethsmum wrote:A VW Passat is hardly a luxury car! LOL! If you want any street cred round here you need to drive a BM, Audi, Merc, or Range Rover. Anything else won't cut it with those local lasses you're lusting after. You either have to lower your sights or up your budget. Good luck.
brucebanner
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Mall cred WTF ? So is that all the questioning on about to pick up a local chick all about ?
desertdudeshj

What's Mall-cred? If you turn up at mall Of The Emirates in a rickshaw, you're gonna get a rickshaw type of girl. If you want an Emirati you need to up your game. Cheap skate doesn't cut it with these girls.
Bethsmum

Bethsmum wrote:What's Mall-cred? If you turn up at mall Of The Emirates in a rickshaw, you're gonna get a rickshaw type of girl. If you want an Emirati you need to up your game. Cheap skate doesn't cut it with these girls.

Are you speaking from experience or is this pure conjecture?

PS. Picking up girls isn't the intention of the luxury car.
brucebanner
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Experience.
Bethsmum

Thats from an point of view of a gold digger mate. One of my friends is going out with an Emarti lady who is a daughter of a well know colonel here and drives a 91 Honda Coupe !, another one is married to one and he didn't even have a driving license when he met her let alone a car.

But then again this goes for all gold diggers of all nationalities and not just Emaratis

desertdudeshj

Gold digger? LOL. BM doesn't have to rely on any man for money, she does it all by herself! BTW, I don't do rent.
Bethsmum

posting in Dubai AutoForum Rules

Return to Dubai Auto