Getting Muscly Instead Of Losing Weight

Topic locked
Re: Getting muscly instead of losing weight Aug 27, 2010
Red Chief wrote:I am 40 y.o. and 187 cm in height. So I'm much younger, taller and broader in shoulders

Women are ya'll listening? Raidah, Chocoholic, RudeBoy....... :wink:

Red Chief wrote:As for worry about weight it's not about age but rather the girl you walk with. :wink:

Oy chiefster, you going the Mel Gibson way or what? Seems like you've found ur Oksana man :D

But seriously RC it does seem like you've built yourself a fit bod.... Keep up the good work!

Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

"You are only as old as the women you feel..."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Misery Called Life wrote: Seems like you've found ur Oksana man :D

He-he She looks rather like Ozawa. :oops: $hit, it seems I caught something like yellow fever too. :lol:

But seriously RC it does seem like you've built yourself a fit bod.... Keep up the good work!

You read my post w/o attention. Now I'm thinking about abs. Chocks advised pilates. I guess I should try it. What do you think?
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Re: Getting muscly instead of losing weight Aug 28, 2010
Hahaha I love swimming it's such great exercise, BUT the downside is it makes me ravenous! So it's a mission not to stuff my face after swimming 30 lengths.

Sounds like you're doing well RC.

DK - hahaha typical!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Getting muscly instead of losing weight Aug 30, 2010
As I remember my younger brother, he was a professional boxer in the past, used a skipping rope for losing weight before important fights.
As load on feet in this kind of a training is pure dynamic the muscles will not be visible at all.
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Red Chief wrote:As I remember my younger brother, he was a professional boxer in the past, used a skipping rope for losing weight before important fights.
As load on feet in this kind of a training is pure dynamic the muscles will not be visible at all.

Skipping is an amazing workout - it's one of the staple workouts of boxers and fighters.

Ever tried a workout on a trampoline? Works miracles!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocoholic wrote:
Skipping is an amazing workout - it's one of the staple workouts of boxers and fighters.

Ever tried a workout on a trampoline? Works miracles!

Agreed:
Ambassador
Dubai chat master

Red Chief wrote:You read my post w/o attention. Now I'm thinking about abs. Chocks advised pilates. I guess I should try it. What do you think?

I think Yeaa, you should go for it!!! Pilate focuses on the core, and that will tone not just the torso region but strengthen ur back too. So all you need now is a good instructor.

-- Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:53 pm --

Dubai Knight wrote:"You are only as old as the women you feel..."

Knight

Should we substitute Hefner with DK? 8) 8)
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

so this is what i do. i eat only raw food for a few weeks, vegetables, salads, fruits and a bit of fish here. i actually have a lot of energy, i dont miss warm cooked food as much as i thought i would. this detox cleans out the boddy really well and though i cant tell i have lost weight, the clothes started to fit better.
raidah
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Misery Called Life wrote:

Should we substitute Hefner with DK? 8) 8)

Heff often calls me for advice!

We have been warned many times about the health dangers of older men dating gorgeous young nymphettes. We also both agree that if she dies, she dies!

Knight
Dubai Knight

Re: Getting muscly instead of losing weight Aug 31, 2010
chocoholic you should learn to read, as i've said earlier women do not get "MUSCLY" because they tend to have very low testosterone. the least that could happen if you do 5x5 is become lean and lose all the fat while maintaining real strength. and real strength is good because stronger people are usually harder to kill.

now go to any gym and see the fat people training daily on the treadmill, then go and see the people training with the heavy weights and you will see the which training produces actual results.

now if your purpose is to be fit in a fight or in emergency situations, it does not require your body to be exerted at 150% for 120 minutes but rather 40 seconds or less. this means doing exercises that mimics power such as the snatch, clean and jerk, etc... honestly if you were to drown in a flood will you be swimming for 40 hours? no, you will be finding the nearest tree log for 20 seconds.

it seems you are a cross-fit nazi, if raidah wants to be thin, lanky, and weak then go ahead and teach her your 40k 2 hours marathon fat loss technique :lol:
xero_
Dubai forums Addict

xero, clearly you don't read! As I have said before, I used to do alot of competitive sport, I AM a woman and I guarantee you that I bulk up if I go for heavy weights. Now button it!

I have worked on numerous fitness programmes, I have 3 mates who are personal trainers, so I think I know what I'm talkin about. Whereas you don't consider anything else but heavy lifting!

Now toddle off, because you clearly didn't read what Raidah was asking for.

-- Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:20 am --

raidah wrote:so this is what i do. i eat only raw food for a few weeks, vegetables, salads, fruits and a bit of fish here. i actually have a lot of energy, i dont miss warm cooked food as much as i thought i would. this detox cleans out the boddy really well and though i cant tell i have lost weight, the clothes started to fit better.

Good for you Raidah, keep it up.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

xero_ wrote:now go to any gym and see the fat people training daily on the treadmill, then go and see the people training with the heavy weights and you will see the which training produces actual results.

Heavy weight produces real result on your spine. I have so many people around me who are suffering with back after 45, including surgery on spine.

On the other hand heavy weight makes muscles static.
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Red Chief wrote:
xero_ wrote:now go to any gym and see the fat people training daily on the treadmill, then go and see the people training with the heavy weights and you will see the which training produces actual results.

Heavy weight produces real result on your spine. I have so many people around me who are suffering with back after 45, including surgery on spine.

On the other hand heavy weight makes muscles static.

That's because sadly RC, the majority of people I see working with weights don't lift them correctly - they use their backs instead of their legs! You should never ever bend your back when lifting weights, or flex your torse to give leverage to lift the weights, this is extremely damaging.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocoholic wrote:That's because sadly RC, the majority of people I see working with weights don't lift them correctly - they use their backs instead of their legs! You should never ever bend your back when lifting weights, or flex your torse to give leverage to lift the weights, this is extremely damaging.

I don't think that it's the only problem. I for one use only my own body as a load. Swimming is the perfect training for people who have problem with spine but it looks that more than 70% of them have such a problem after 45 y.o.
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Red Chief wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:That's because sadly RC, the majority of people I see working with weights don't lift them correctly - they use their backs instead of their legs! You should never ever bend your back when lifting weights, or flex your torse to give leverage to lift the weights, this is extremely damaging.

I don't think that it's the only problem. I for one use only my own body as a load. Swimming is the perfect training for people who have problem with spine but it looks that more than 70% of them have such a problem after 45 y.o.

I agree swimming is fantastic, also anything that will strengthen the core muscles to support the spine. I have compression and errosion of my lower 4 vertabrae, a fractured S3 and many other spinal issues, so anything that can strengthen it is good, but I can't lift heavy weights anymore.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocoholic wrote:I can't lift heavy weights anymore.

Fortunately I can. On the other hand she is not very heavy, only 46Kg. :oops:
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Re: Getting Muscly Instead Of Losing Weight Aug 31, 2010
Has anybody else noticed that Chief sounds very attractive in this thread? :angel4:
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

melika969 wrote:Has anybody else noticed that Chief sounds very attractive in this thread? :angel4:

LOL can we get a photo do you think :D
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Can we Chief???
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

I thought his avatar WAS his picture :oops:
Ambassador
Dubai chat master

Ambassador wrote:I thought his avatar WAS his picture :oops:

We don't know - but is it the face we're really interested in? lol
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Ambassador wrote:I thought his avatar WAS his picture :oops:

yaa maybe, but it doesnt show any of the features he s bragging abt here! :D

We need a new clear pic! :roll:

Chief???
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

He-he, I used to think that it's a man job to ask lady about her phoograph in bikini. :oops:
Attachments
2.JPG
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

xero_ wrote:chocoholic you should learn to read, as i've said earlier women do not get "MUSCLY" because they tend to have very low testosterone. the least that could happen if you do 5x5 is become lean and lose all the fat while maintaining real strength. and real strength is good because stronger people are usually harder to kill.

now go to any gym and see the fat people training daily on the treadmill, then go and see the people training with the heavy weights and you will see the which training produces actual results.

now if your purpose is to be fit in a fight or in emergency situations, it does not require your body to be exerted at 150% for 120 minutes but rather 40 seconds or less. this means doing exercises that mimics power such as the snatch, clean and jerk, etc... honestly if you were to drown in a flood will you be swimming for 40 hours? no, you will be finding the nearest tree log for 20 seconds.

it seems you are a cross-fit nazi, if raidah wants to be thin, lanky, and weak then go ahead and teach her your 40k 2 hours marathon fat loss technique :lol:

Hmm this makes sense habibi. But depending on individual genes I reckon estrogen argument notwithstanding women do bulk up! So while I agree that workouts need to progressively get harder I'm more in favor of body-weight exercises or resistance bands as opposed to weights.
But I don't see what's wrong with a little muscle. It's $exy as hell!

An excerpt from Women. An Intimate Geography "Women need muscle, as much as they can muster. They need muscle to shield their light bones, and they need muscle to weather illness… And being strong in a blunt way, a muscleheaded way, is easier than being skilled at a sport. It is a democratic option, open to the klutzes and the latecomers, and women should seize the chance to become cheaply, fowzily strong, because the chance exists, and let’s be honest, we don’t have many. Being strong won’t make you happy or fulfilled, but it’s better to be sullen and strong than sullen and weak.

-- Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:38 pm --

raidah wrote:so this is what i do. i eat only raw food for a few weeks, vegetables, salads, fruits and a bit of fish here. i actually have a lot of energy, i dont miss warm cooked food as much as i thought i would. this detox cleans out the boddy really well and though i cant tell i have lost weight, the clothes started to fit better.

Detox diet? Pourquoi? Well I guess once in a while like once every 6 months a 3 week detox diet routine would be beneficial. So keep us posted!
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Red Chief wrote:He-he, I used to think that it's a man job to ask lady about her phoograph in bikini. :oops:

well this is not the pic we were asking for, but good start anyways! :wink:
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

melika969 wrote:
Red Chief wrote:He-he, I used to think that it's a man job to ask lady about her phoograph in bikini. :oops:

DON'T ask for one of him in a bikini!!!

:pukeleft: :pukeleft: :pukeleft:

Knight
Dubai Knight

melika969 wrote:

He-he,
What's the problem, darling? When you arrive to Dubai next time I will show you whatever you want in T-shirt and blue jeans of cause.
8) 8) 8)

-- Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:19 pm --

Dubai Knight wrote:
melika969 wrote:

DON'T ask for one of him in a bikini!!!

:pukeleft: :pukeleft: :pukeleft:

Knight

Envy silently, bald clown.
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Re: Getting muscly instead of losing weight Sep 02, 2010
Red Chief wrote:
melika969 wrote:

He-he,
What's the problem, darling? When you arrive to Dubai next time I will show you whatever you want in T-shirt and blue jeans of cause.
8) 8) 8)

Deal! :lol:
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Re: Getting Muscly Instead Of Losing Weight Sep 02, 2010
squat and lunges, very very VERY important

body weight exercises

eat breakfast like a king, lunch as a prince, and dinner as poor man

its as simple as that
general_A
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules