Hillclimb BMW E36 - Judd V8 - 10.000 RPM

Topic locked
Hillclimb BMW E36 - Judd V8 - 10.000 RPM Mar 20, 2010
I think the BMW E36 3-series is a timeless model. Great looks, not too curvy, mascular lines and raceworthy.

Check these videos for instance. A favourite still, Judd V8, 10k RPM, and that howlllll - Owll Auowlll :wink: :lol:

Enjoy!

edit: E36 M3 Turbo - US edition http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1nPPC5wZwI&feature=fvw

RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Hillclimb BMW E36 - Judd V8 - 10.000 RPM Mar 20, 2010
listen to it roars ....

me likey
BabyDoll
Dubai chat master

Calling that a BMW is like saying these two are the same

desertdudeshj

I like my BMW's better. Sorry mate.
RobbyG

Its not a BMW. Just as this is not a BMW

desertdudeshj

I wonder where you get that silly knowledge from.

BMW Sauber F1 team worked together for four years. Engine is top of the line hand made by BMW Motorsport division. In fact, their new topline car models (E92 M3, S65 V8 4.0 liter and E60 M5, S85 V10 5.0 liter) are based on F1 techniques developed in their M division in Munich.

V10 F1 engine 2005 (old engine): http://www.mwerks.com/artman/publish/fe ... _982.shtml

E92 M3, S65 V8 4.0 liter:

E60 M5, S85 V10 5.0 liter:

You wish your workshop was as smooth as the M-shop in Munich:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcvD_VaJ ... re=related
RobbyG

:roll:
desertdudeshj

Re: Hillclimb BMW E36 - Judd V8 - 10.000 RPM Mar 21, 2010
desertdudeshj wrote::roll:

Just so you know. :wink:

DD, check this out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1EZmkWhLwE&NR=1

Also my fav. exhaust system. Ganz Geil jah!

3. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcKUPNNb ... re=related

Aber jawohl :mrgreen:
RobbyG

Dude I almost get as excited about BMW's as I get about watching paint dry. Worthless pieces of crap.

F.Y.I : I did have a couple of 3 series in the past, one late 80's and one mid 90's coupes, So I speak from experience not just intenet knowledge.

It's surprising how many people fall these marketing gimmicks from car manufactueres. Somehow believe that their car is excatly the same as they one they saw at the F1 races they other day or the touring car championships. And that is why they manufactuerers spend huge amounts of money in these things.

When in reality they share very little in common in some cases nothing but the badge and bodyshell. Like I have this other friend who beileves his Mistsu Pajero is the exact same thing as the Paris to Dakar rally wining Pajero. When in fact other than the logo on the grill there in nothing common.

If you want to look at event car's vs what you can pick of the showroom floor, there isn't a better example than the Camel Trophy Challenge Vehicles. Even then the car had some modifications but nothing in the power, drivetrain and suspension. These were basically all stock

A person could pick up the a car which was 95% the same thing he saw being used in the Camel Trophy Challenge.

If people realised this fact that their 318 or even the " mighty " V10 M5 is not the same or doesn't even have the same motor, suspension or any of the bits found on the F1 or the Toca car and stoped buying into this bull. All of a sudden most major manufactuers would pull out of these comps.

Anywho, enjoy scooting along in your "race bred" Beemer
desertdudeshj

LOL. Somebody is frustrated. :lol:
RobbyG

Me, never. Just putting it right.
desertdudeshj

desertdudeshj wrote:Me, never. Just putting it right.

But wrong you are. Go back to your guzzling American and stop whining about my timeless E36 model.
RobbyG

See again in your arrogance and ignorance you fail to see the point I was trying to make. The point being although an impressive machine by any standards it has nothing to do or similar to the cars out on the road, a very common misconception among the general public

These are highly tuned, modified cars with almost zero parts in common with the commerical oad going versions.

Just as the pikes peak Vitara has nothing in common with teh commerically available XL-7 vitara other than the name neither does the Judd V8 so when you call it a 3 series, in reality its not a 3 series at all even the shell and rolling chassis is not. Any maybe some will put in a similar motor in your the case the BMW V10 but it will be highly detuned to meet emissions and not to stress the drive train.

If you would have just said the Plasa V8 is an awesome machine there would'nt have been any debate but when you call it a BMW 3 series thats where you go wrong. Do you think your 3 series is anything like that. or you can get 1/10th of the performance of that ? Name me 10 things which the regular 3 series have in common with that thing other than the badge, grill and lights ?

Hope your clogs arn't too thight and blocking circulation to your brains for you to understand such a simple point.

Cheers
desertdudeshj

desertdudeshj wrote:See again in your arrogance and ignorance you fail to see the point I was trying to make. The point being although an impressive machine by any standards it has nothing to do or similar to the cars out on the road, a very common misconception among the general public

These are highly tuned, modified cars with almost zero parts in common with the commerical oad going versions.

Just as the pikes peak Vitara has nothing in common with teh commerically available XL-7 vitara other than the name neither does the Judd V8 so when you call it a 3 series, in reality its not a 3 series at all even the shell and rolling chassis is not. Any maybe some will put in a similar motor in your the case the BMW V10 but it will be highly detuned to meet emissions and not to stress the drive train.

If you would have just said the Plasa V8 is an awesome machine there would'nt have been any debate but when you call it a BMW 3 series thats where you go wrong. Do you think your 3 series is anything like that. or you can get 1/10th of the performance of that ? Name me 10 things which the regular 3 series have in common with that thing other than the badge, grill and lights ?

Hope your clogs arn't too thight and blocking circulation to your brains for you to understand such a simple point.

Cheers

DD, I know you hate me, have grudges et all, but be reasonable.

I never said that its the same car as my roadgoing E36. I merely said its a TIMELESS model series (forget the spoiler and widing arches) and its raceworthy!

In fact, their new topline car models (E92 M3, S65 V8 4.0 liter and E60 M5, S85 V10 5.0 liter) are based on F1 techniques developed in their M division in Munich.

Techniques derived from F1 technology. I didn't make it up.

The die-cast, over-eutectic aluminium-silicon engine block is sourced from BMW's Landshut F1 foundry, while aluminium cylinder heads come from Hydro-Aluminium in Austria. Other notable features of the engine include lightweight iron-coated aluminium pistons, steel-magnesium connecting rods, forged steel crankshaft and eight throttle butterflies.

S65 engine with the top plastic air plenum removed to reveal the 8 individual throttle bodies.
An updated version of the Siemens MS S65 ECU (used in the S85 V10) is fitted to the V8. Claimed to be capable of more than 200 million calculations per second, the new ECU (known as the MS S60) comfortably exceeds the 25 million calculations of which the S54's ECU was capable.[1]
The resulting engine weighs 202 kg (445 lb): 15 kg (33 lb) lighter than the straight-6 engine it replaces, while also being shorter.[3]
The firing order for the S65 engine is 1-5-4-8-7-2-6-3, which is different from the typical BMW V8 firing order of 1-5-4-8-6-3-7-2 [1]

This is just a snippet. There are so much more lessons learned by participating in F1 and the M-division uses these advantages in their M-cars, logically, after consideration of durability and efficiency requirements. Its not pure F1 tech. so don't think you can try that card on me. I aint born yesterday. :D

You do pay a price for it. But then you get something for it in exchange. Just look at the International engine awards. Thats truly top class engineering.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internatio ... f_the_Year
RobbyG

First of all. NO I don't hate you. But that doesn't mean you don't act like an idiot most of the time. I've been on the interwebz and many forums long enough to know that it is really stupid to form opionions about anyone you know from just online. As many a time I've met with many people in real life and they have tuned to be the exact opposites of their online persona's and many are still good friends

Back to the point. I never denied there is tech being developed in motorsports which trickles down to the average consumer but lets not call a modified to the teeth vehicle by its commerical name ( Thats what they want you to think though that your Toyota prius is the same thing as their F1 bullet )

But I personally think there would be more advances if all the money wasted on boring motorsports like F1 was spent on making better cars.

Look at BMW their bulid quality is absolutely shyte. The 80's merc and beamers are of much superior quality that of today. I would like to see what shape a 2010 3 series is in 25 years time from now. I'll bet all the bells and whistles would be cracked and it would be sitting in a pile of rust.

P.S : YES I HATE BMW's , But the 2010's are starting to look decent again, a welcome change from the gay californian designs of the 2000's
desertdudeshj

desertdudeshj wrote:First of all. NO I don't hate you.

Thats a relief. Seriously :mrgreen:

Look at BMW their bulid quality is absolutely shyte. The 80's merc and beamers are of much superior quality that of today. I would like to see what shape a 2010 3 series is in 25 years time from now. I'll bet all the bells and whistles would be cracked and it would be sitting in a pile of rust.

Even my 14 year old E36 320i Coupé still hasn't got a spot of rust below the bonnet. O wait, I changed a rusted bolt some year ago. Its brandnew again, sort of...

But indeed, there's much to be said about the use of aluminium and other lightweight plastic crap. Not limited to BMW though.

P.S : YES I HATE BMW's , But the 2010's are starting to look decent again, a welcome change from the gay californian designs of the 2000's

I agree, but I'm biased. When a model looks good, and when the technology is even better, then I close a little eye on it. But indeed, latest releases are more business/sporty. The E36 model lines are coming back!! No outer space curvatures anymore.

The real cars are coming back. Classic lines. :alien:
RobbyG

Have to confirm that most BMW (Black Man's Wheels) are in fact complete sh1te! In fact I will expand that to include a vast majority of Nazi automobilia! Having owned, de-flowered, dis-assembled, re-assembled, driven to the edge, broken, destroyed, tinkered with, breathed upon and ultimately trashed pretty much all the older race bred machinery out there from every continent, I can confirm there is but one contender today for the title of 'Most fun you can have with your clothes on for not much more than a cup of sake in Tokyo' and that is the Subaru Imprezza Turbo! the last decent Bavarian output was the 2002 (model, not year!) and there has been nothing falling out of the Mercedes workshop worth a light since the D3 sports prototype, and that was never a road car anyway! Audi still make the incredible Quattro Quattro in limited, order only, numbers in a corner of their workshop and these are totally hand built items because the discerning owners are willing to pay a wheelbarrow full of Euros to have the best they ever produced. Everything since then is pants. VW haven't churned out anything worth sitting in since the Kubelwagen and if you have ever had the misfortune to strip down an old Beetle, you will know why Hitler got as powerful as he did!
In the UK, you can pick up a 10 year old Imprezza, sometimes even the officially upgraded Prodrive versions, for less than the price of a new Nissan Tiida. This is a 2 litre, flat 4, turbo charged rocket ship with 4 wheel drive and is stickier than flypaper on the road. 0-100 in under 5 seconds. Looks mean, drives keen.
You want to go hillclimbing? Buy a Caterham. Better still, buy a Brabham!

Sitting in his X wing listening to the bleeps and bloops from R2...
:D :D :D

Knight
Dubai Knight

I'd have to agree the Subarus are some serious kick ass best bang fo the buck. And kick those "M"'s which cost the same as a small island in the caribean to kingdom come just to have an M added. And makes you go 0.00025 sec faster to 100kph for that money.

If one was to spend enough money to buy the QE2 might aswell spend 1/4th of that and get the new Skyline 8) even the cheap as chips ( compared to others ) Z is moe capable than those tech loaded europeans.

Which BTW way means your cars will be spending more time at the stealers because you multi directional xenon lights malfunctioned and don't turn into the corner and the ECU went into hissy fit and locked the car down. So you had to flatbed it to the dealer.

All these sissy electronics really dont take well to the heat and dust.
desertdudeshj

The Skyline would be my weapon of choice too...now where did I put that cylinder of nitrogen to pump up the tyres?

:D :D :D

Knight
Dubai Knight

Another ex owner of a E38 750iL confirms that Beemers are complete and utter crap. My A8 that replaced it put the BMW to shame.

Now a proud owner of a DB9 :D
arniegang

Two, no three raw savages here messing up my topic devoted to Engineering Excellence. :D

Move along, nothing but Excellence to see here. Plastic Japs at the other side of the pond ;)
RobbyG

arniegang wrote:Another ex owner of a E38 750iL confirms that Beemers are complete and utter crap. My A8 that replaced it put the BMW to shame.

Now a proud owner of a DB9 :D

Sounds tasteful, that DB9 part aye! You must have done really good flippin' condo's in Dubai mate. :lol:
RobbyG

RobbyG wrote:Two, no three raw savages here messing up my topic devoted to Engineering Excellence. :D

So why are you talking BMWs then ? The two don't belong toghter even in the same sentence ?
desertdudeshj

desertdudeshj wrote:
RobbyG wrote:Two, no three raw savages here messing up my topic devoted to Engineering Excellence. :D

So why are you talking BMWs then ? The two don't belong toghter even in the same sentence ?

Because its truly the Best over all the Rest. Hands down. (personal opinion)

RobbyG

Robby

the only people who harp on and on about how good Beemers are:

a/ Drug Dealers

b/ Pimps

c/ boy racers

d/ Chavs

everyone else buys one and comes to the conclusion it will be their last one.

If you want to go on about car engineering excellence Robby, you have to be able to afford it to buy it, clearly you arn't so you cant.
arniegang

I hope I wasn't harping. Just defending my case. ;)

You forgot option e) Passioned drivers devoted to harmony

Sorry if that option made me look older than you. :D
RobbyG

RobbyG wrote:I hope I wasn't harping. Just defending my case. ;)

Heres a tip Robby. Age is of no relevance when you own and drive a car that has its own section on Top Gear's Cool Wall.
arniegang

arniegang wrote:
RobbyG wrote:I hope I wasn't harping. Just defending my case. ;)

Heres a tip Robby. Age is of no relevance when you own and drive a car that has its own section on Top Gear's Cool Wall.

You have a point there. Same goes for passion. Its a harmonious feeling, you can't describe it. :wink:
RobbyG

arniegang wrote:Robby

the only people who harp on and on about how good Beemers are:

a/ Drug Dealers

b/ Pimps

c/ boy racers

d/ Chavs

e) Labanese and palesteninas with gutra wrapped headrests on their 85 3 series.

Now here is a proper BMW if I ever saw one

desertdudeshj

^^^DD on his late '80s and mid '90's coupe. :mrgreen:

Way the go DD. Moves you around reliably. 8)
RobbyG

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat