Hillclimb BMW E36 - Judd V8 - 10.000 RPM

Topic locked
Re: Hillclimb BMW E36 - Judd V8 - 10.000 RPM Mar 22, 2010
LMAO!

Why do BMW's have small steering wheels?
So the drug dealers can still drive them wearing handcuffs!

:D :D :D

Knight

Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

RobbyG wrote:^^^RG in his coupe convertible. :mrgreen:

There I corected it for you.

Top of the line too, and best perfomance figures of any BMW ever invented. 1 AP ( Ass power ) 0-100 never ! Turns on a dime, stops in a heartbeat. Unheard of fuel consumption, and the most eniviromently friendly vehicle ever.
desertdudeshj

desertdudeshj wrote:
RobbyG wrote:^^^RG in his coupe convertible. :mrgreen:

There I corected it for you.

Top of the line too, and best perfomance figures of any BMW ever invented. 1 AP ( Ass power ) 0-100 never ! Turns on a dime, stops in a heartbeat. Unheard of fuel consumption, and the most eniviromently friendly vehicle ever.

:lol:

Try to be original next time. You're stealing my jokes here. :mrgreen:
RobbyG

Sorry mate that was an orginal DD production
desertdudeshj

Re: Hillclimb BMW E36 - Judd V8 - 10.000 RPM Apr 02, 2010
Always fun to see kids arguing over cars...
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Re: Hillclimb BMW E36 - Judd V8 - 10.000 RPM Apr 02, 2010
gtmash wrote:Always fun to see kids arguing over cars...

I agree. Especially when the bully kid is driving American buggies. Grunt style. :D
Zee Germans are Art. A blessing in disquise. Automotive Perfection. Engineering Excellence.

Hope I didn't drewl just now, but I'm quite sure DD (pssst: the bully) will, soon after me... :mrgreen:
RobbyG

Re: Hillclimb BMW E36 - Judd V8 - 10.000 RPM Apr 03, 2010
RobbyG wrote: Automotive Perfection. Engineering Excellence.

Automotive IM-perfection. Over-engineered, Over priced, Over sold, over here.

The German policy is "Let us zell zee gullible idiots a wheel nut and zen charge zem a fortune for everyzink else as an optional extra!"

Trust me, they are no better than any other car, just more expensive!

:? :? :?

Knight
Dubai Knight

Waaaay more expensive. Last half as long, cost twice as much to keep on road.

Overpriced tincans on wheels ;)

And the above goes 10 fold for Porsche
desertdudeshj

I have friends who have stupidly expensive Porsches...they sit there all day jabbering about how cool they sound and how fast they can go around Autodrome.

But both of them drive Japanese 4x4's on the road as their 'race cars' cannot handle the speed bumps, potholes, parking turning circles or everyday wear and tear of Dubai roads!

Both had faces like slapped ar*es the other day too as they had been crapped all over on the track by an unmodified Nissan GTR that cost half the price of their VW campervans and driven by a novice!

Serves them right!

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight

Ooooo. The GTR now thats something to drool about ! Take out right out the box and smoke 95% of the competetion straight away
desertdudeshj

Sigh grunt savages... Its soooo not (all) about speed. :D

Its the total package of interior harmony (everything driver optimized), the engine, chassis, performance and most importantly, the driving experience. Of course, this is just my personal opinion. ;)

Take the new BMW's for instance. The twin turbo models. Those engines are perfection. No turbo lag, top performance, extremely low carbon emissions. Ahhh, the 335i shivers down my spine again. Ain't it a beauty.

http://www.bmwblog.com/wp-content/uploa ... ef1d_o.jpg
RobbyG

RobbyG wrote:Its the total package of interior harmony (everything driver optimized), the engine, chassis, performance and most importantly, the driving experience.

Yes correct thats why the Nissan GTR was mentioned.And not over priced ugly wheel barrows resting on their laurels. Instead of fanboi worship of a badge, which yonkers ago produced a few decent cars now its just plain fugly.

Don't blame you for the fanboi worship though, you probally never seen or experienced proper cars ;)

I know you own a 3 series which here is the almost the exclusive territory of the smug new arrivals from Jordan, Syria nd lebanon. basically pricks :D
desertdudeshj

The GTR is a beauty. Never said it wasn't. But that doesn't necessarily mean its any better than an allrounder like BMW.

But hey, start to respect someones opinion, and you'll be a wiser man. There are plenty of other beautiful cars out there, some even that I would like to drive one day. ;)

The perfect package, however, is personal. I tell you, its BMW. :D

When will you grow up and respect an opinion, little DD? :lol:
RobbyG

Never, because I am always right ;)
desertdudeshj

desertdudeshj wrote:Never, because I am always right ;)

Your words, not mine. :lol:
RobbyG

Yes they are and yes I am. 8)
desertdudeshj

desertdudeshj wrote:Yes they are and yes I am. 8)

You're not so humble now huh? 8)

Boy, do I make a good appearance here. :mrgreen:
Thanks DD. :wink:
RobbyG

Is the only one though !
desertdudeshj

You may like your 'ergonomically' designed money pit, however Lancia sorted out the turbo lag problem back in the 1980's with the Delta Integrale and very few turbine assisted cars these days suffer from it. There are really only 2 ways to get instant power from an engine: Supercharge or NO2. Combine the two and you can get a serious amount of power right through the bands.

Its not about speed. In the words of Patrick Head: "Anyone can make a car go fast in a straight line, the secret is to make it fast around corners!" He designed and built the Maclaren F1 and chose a BMW power unit for it, but that had to be severely modified to make it reliable enough.

If you want ultimate ergonomics, buy a Toyota Previa people carrier!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Rob's "heavily modified engineering perfection in motion" :D

desertdudeshj

Dubai Knight wrote:You may like your 'ergonomically' designed money pit, however Lancia sorted out the turbo lag problem back in the 1980's with the Delta Integrale and very few turbine assisted cars these days suffer from it. There are really only 2 ways to get instant power from an engine: Supercharge or NO2. Combine the two and you can get a serious amount of power right through the bands.

Its not about speed. In the words of Patrick Head: "Anyone can make a car go fast in a straight line, the secret is to make it fast around corners!" He designed and built the Maclaren F1 and chose a BMW power unit for it, but that had to be severely modified to make it reliable enough.

Knight

Knight, get your facts right. :P

Engine selection Mclaren F1:
History

The McLaren F1's engine compartment contains the mid-mounted BMW S70/2 engine and uses gold foil as a heat shield in the exhaust compartment.
Gordon Murray insisted that the engine for this car be naturally aspirated to increase reliability and driver control. Turbochargers and superchargers increase power but they increase complexity and can decrease reliability as well as introducing an additional aspect of latency and loss of feedback, the ability of the driver to maintain maximum control of the engine is thus decreased.

Murray initially approached Honda for a powerplant with 550 bhp (410 kW; 560 PS), 600 mm (23.6 in) block length and a total weight of 250 kg (551 lb), it should be derived from the Formula One powerplant in the then-dominating McLaren/Honda cars.
When Honda refused, Isuzu, then planning an entry into Formula One, had a 3.5 V12 engine being tested in a Lotus chassis. The company was very interested in having the engine fitted into the F1. However, the designers wanted an engine with a proven design and a racing pedigree.

Specifications
In the end BMW took an interest, and the motorsport division BMW M headed by engine expert Paul Rosche[5] designed and built Murray a custom 6.1 L (6064 cc) 60-degree V12 engine called the BMW S70/2.[6] At 627 hp (468 kW; 636 PS) and 266 kg (586 lb) the BMW engine ended up 14% more powerful and 16 kg (35 lb) heavier than Gordon Murray's original specifications, with the same block length.

You know mate, BMW never used turbo's in their petrol engines to avoid the lag issues and further developed the naturally aspirated engines for a very long time (except for turbo's in diesel engines). This ensued until BMW decided that the naturally aspirated development was reaching its maximum potential with 3 liter straight sixes. Of course, turbo engines are quicker, but not always more responsive. The powerband problem. Until that also changed.

Since the 335i, BMW introduced the twin scroll turbo concept in the petrol engine. First petrol turbo engine since the 1973 Turbo 2002 model. Back then, BMW was the first who implemented the turbo in a production series car.

Now that they optimized it for fuel efficiency with piezo injection, the powerband is near perfect, mileage is superb, low carbon emissions compared to competitors and reliable as f@ck.

Do I need to assert more evidence. Like a powerband profile? hm hm hm? :wink:
RobbyG

Re: Hillclimb BMW E36 - Judd V8 - 10.000 RPM Apr 04, 2010
Y is it that old men and women like to drive mercs and beemer!!! :D
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Hillclimb BMW E36 - Judd V8 - 10.000 RPM Apr 04, 2010
LOL, its a maturity thingy. :D

You wouldn't know anything about tha, ya :wink:
RobbyG