Nexus One Vs IPhone - Available In UAE

Topic locked
Nexus One vs iPhone - Available in UAE Jan 11, 2010
Hello Friends..

Google has released its long awaited mobile gadget - The Nexus One, running on the Android OS. The best part about Nexus One is that you can purchase its unlocked version. This is good news for all the UAEns as you would be able to use it on either Etisalat or Du network. Guess what some people are actually selling the device on Souq.com...check out this link

http://iwep.blogspot.com/2010/01/nexus- ... phone.html

Cheers
Immo

immortal01
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Re: Nexus One vs iPhone - Available in UAE Jan 11, 2010
The reason why the iPhone is the most popular touch screen phone in the world, is because apps are open source and plentiful. When you compare the iPhones 127,000 apps to Nexus One's 16,000, you begin to understand why it has such a long way to go.
Dr Strangeglove
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Nexus One vs iPhone - Available in UAE Jan 22, 2010
besides souq does anyone know stores in dubai where you can buy the nexus one and the price?
im sure they will be charging atleast 3000dhs
cheap_Deal
Dubai forums Addict

iphone is literually CRAP piece of phoo to come out of China.

Hardware specs are nothing compared to HTC or the new Google Phone. But yes it only gets many hits because of so many applicatons. But give some time and see how many apps there will be on HTC and Google phone.

iphone processor is much slower then HTC or google phone. I had the iphone and gave it up after a few weeks because it literually started hanging.

Its made in CHINA and DESIGNED in CHINA not USA.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

I just recently got mine 2 days ago. There are good things to it and bad things. Reception on these devices is just not like a Nokia or Motorola. On the other hand the screen on it is just simply amazing. Application wise many of them are not available for those outside of the US. I know because I have tried downloading some applications. Also most of those applications on there are not all compatible with the new Android 2.1

The bad part to this phone is the speakerphone and earphone sound quality. Don't expect anything better than the Iphone. The party on the other side of the phone though will hear you better than on the Iphone so the microphone on this is for sure better than the one the Iphone came with. Battery wise, you better buy an extra one because one day is pretty much max that you will see.
Stylinexpat
Dubai forums Addict

where/how did you get yours from? price?
is the call quality bad? can both parties hear each other without shouting? do you get reception inside buildings etc?
cheap_Deal
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Nexus One vs iPhone - Available in UAE Jan 26, 2010
Guys..

Thanks a lot for the feedback.. Can we hear more from who have brought the phone here in UAE...any other feedback plz..

Cheers
Immo
immortal01
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Re: Nexus One vs iPhone - Available in UAE Feb 08, 2010
immortal01 wrote:Hello Friends..

Google has released its long awaited mobile gadget - The Nexus One, running on the Android OS. The best part about Nexus One is that you can purchase its unlocked version. This is good news for all the UAEns as you would be able to use it on either Etisalat or Du network. Guess what some people are actually selling the device on Souq.com...check out this link

http://iwep.blogspot.com/2010/01/nexus- ... phone.html

Cheers
Immo

One of the best feature in Nexus One that it is thinner than the Internet Phone and can be easily synchronized with all Google applications,such as Gmail, Google Contacts and Google Calendar.

Regards,
Arnold
Dubai Forums Member

Re: Nexus One vs iPhone - Available in UAE Feb 20, 2010
anyone using 3g with the nexus one here in dubai? i heard its not possible to use it
cheap_Deal
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai high tech talkForum Rules

Return to Dubai high tech talk