Help! ITunes Will Not Talk To My IPhone.

Topic locked
Help! iTunes will not talk to my iPhone. Dec 24, 2010
Well, I consider myself IT and Computer literate, to a degree! but I’m stumped on this one!

For some time now, I have been unable to regularly Synch either my iPhone 3G or iPod Touch with iTunes, whenever I dock either of the two, Windows (Vista Business SP2) recognises the device but sadly, iTunes refuses to do so, I have exhausted all suggestions and advice from the Apple help pages and forums regarding the problem and the only positive results I have had is when I uninstall and re-install iTunes and the Bonjour Service, iTunes will only sometimes, recognise my devices for a short period of time then suddenly and unexpectedly stop.

From iTunes, Edit->Preferences -> Sharing; I get the following error message, ‘The Bonjour Service has been disabled. Bonjour is required to share music with others. Please re-enable the service to use this feature.’

But yet, when I interrogate Windows Control Panel -> Administrative tools -> Services -> Bonjour Service -> Properties, reports that the Bonjour Service is running!

From iTunes, Help -> Run Diagnostics -> Network Connectivity Tests; I get the following error message, ‘Secure link to iTunes Store Failed.’

But yet, I am able to browse and make purchases from the iTunes store!

From iTunes Help -> Run Diagnostics -> Device Connectivity Tests ->; I get the following error message, ‘No iPod, iPhone or iPad Found.’

iTunes and the Bonjour Service are registered as exceptions in my Firewall settings.

Any suggestions would be appreciated and most welcome.

Regards

:cry:

Dillon
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Re: Help! iTunes will not talk to my iPhone. Dec 24, 2010
I had the same problem - Installed iTunes 8 - Bonjour starts then stops with a error 4294901759 (in event viewer). Annoying!! I did some research on permissions etc but the problem seems to lie with the actual service.

Good news is I have found a solution to this - and it works for me in Vista Business...

In here: C:\Program Files\Bonjour

there is a file mDNSResponder.exe which is 233 KB (238,888 bytes) (on disk)

I renamed this file to mDNSResponder.NEW

I then took a copy of the mDNSResponder.exe from an older version bundled with iTunes (7.7 I think) - the file size is 224 KB (229,376 bytes) (on disk) and put it in the same directory.

Now you start the service and it stays running. When you launch iTunes the option at the bottom it visible to send your audio to your AirPort Express.

Hey Presto - we now have our tunes going out to the AirPort Express again

Not ideal but hopefully this will be addressed in a future version.

Let us know if you can't get an older version and I'll upload it somewhere.

Andre

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jsp ... ID=1702293

This is the only work around available for Vista Business, Try this
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

Thanks for your help Zubber, but I've already tried this fix for mDNSResponder.exe file versions as far back as v7 with no success whatsoever. Any more suggestions would be welcome.

Regards
Dillon
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

have you tried disabling your av and firewall together ? and then seeing whether you are able to do the transfers ? Itunes is known to have trouble with specific firewall/av softs ?

or have u tried this ?

The Fix (& It's NOT Your Firewall)

A. Symptoms

When you try to connect to the iTunes Store you may receive the alert message "We could not complete your iTunes Store request. An unknown error occured (-9808). There was an error in the iTunes Store. Please try again later."

B. Resolution

Check your computer's date, time, and time zone. Set the correct date, time, and time zone if needed. If your computer's date, time, and time zone are all correct and you still see this alert message, this issue can be resolved by modifying certain settings in the Internet Options control panel:

1) Go to the Start menu and choose Control Panel.

2) Select Internet Options.

Note: If you are using Windows Vista you may need to select Classic View on the left before you can see Internet Options.
Note: If you are using WIndows 7 you may need to change "View by" to either Large icons or Small icons before you can see Internet Options.

3) Click the Advanced tab.

4) In the Settings box, scroll down to the Security section.

5) Deselect the option to "Check for server certificate revocation (requires restart)."

6) Select the options for "SSL 3.0" and "TLS 1.0."

7) Apply the changes and restart your computer.

Disclaimers
Important: Information about products not manufactured by Apple is provided for information purposes only and does not constitute Apple’s recommendation or endorsement. Please contact the vendor for additional information.

Article source: http://support.apple.com/kb/TS2753

http://discussions.apple.com/message.js ... D=10798074

It could be an OS issue, I use windows 7 , never had sync issues
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

posting in Dubai high tech talkForum Rules

Return to Dubai high tech talk