Sheik Essa Aquitted.

Topic locked
Sheik Essa Aquitted. Jan 11, 2010
After reading this article from Gulf News, I can't help wonder: do they really think that anyone buys this crap?? The conspiracy that he was slipped 66 meds -- hello!!! If that were so, he would have been dead long before that incident. Shame on everyone involved in this!!!

http://gulfnews.com/news/gulf/uae/crime ... e-1.566093

Al Ain: Shaikh Eisa Bin Zayed Al Nahyan has been acquitted of assaulting an Afghan merchant after the Al Ain Court of First Instance found him not responsible for his actions which were videotaped and put on the internet last year.

The court also cleared Shaikh Eisa of endangering the life of the Afghan merchant, M.S., and of sexually abusing him with a stick.

The jury also granted M.S. Dh10,000 in temporary compensation against libel damages which he claimed he incurred after two American brothers posted the videotape on the internet.

The merchant had sued the American brothers, G.N. and B.N., for libel and claimed Dh100,000 in temporary compensation.

The brothers were sentenced to five years in jail each after the court convicted them of possessing drugs to carry out a criminal act, endangering the life of Shaikh Eisa (they mixed the drug with his drink and served it to him), defamed and insulted Shaikh Eisa by broadcasting what the bill of charges termed as "slanderous videotape".

“We are pleased with the judgment… because my client's acquittal shows that he was a victim of a conspiracy," Dr Habib Al Mulla, the lawyer of Shaikh Eisa, told Gulf News.

The court imprisoned a 40-year-old Syrian, identified as Y.K., one year after he was incriminated of assaulting and abusing the merchant.

Meanwhile, F.I., a Palestinian, and N.M., an Indian, who are both at large, were sentenced in absentia to three years in jail each. The court found them guilty of sexually molesting and abusing the Afghan and assaulting him as well.

In an earlier hearing, a doctor from Abu Dhabi's Forensic Laboratory testified before the Al Ain Court that the medication given to Shaikh Eisa at the time when he allegedly assaulted the merchant may lead to loss of memory and uncontrollable behaviour.

Dr Al Mulla handed the jury reports from Tawam Hospital confirming that the medication given to Shaikh Eisa has severe side effects on the nervous system and may lead to aggressiveness, uncontrolled behaviour and loss of memory.

Dr Al Mulla protested his client's innocence and presented to the jury medical reports confirming that the medicines given to Shaikh Eisa caused him to lose his free will.

Shaikh Eisa pleaded not guilty to the charges of assault and endangering the Afghan's life.

Dr Al Mulla defended: "B.N. and G.N. plotted the whole incident. They gave my client nearly 66 medicines, some of which contained drugs and mind-affecting substances, over a long period."

The UAE's interpretation of JUSTICE - It JUST-IS because we say so.

Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Re: Sheik Essa Aquitted. Jan 11, 2010
Bora, how dare you besmirch the reputation of our beloved Sheikh Eisa. When he's not busy helping old ladies cross the road, you can usually find him at the Al Ain Hospital for Poorly kittens where he regularly changes bandages and straighens bent whiskers.

The sensationally lovely Sheikh Eisa is the victim of a clandestine conspiracy, put together by the Sunday Times newspaper, McCauley Culkin and that midget bloke from the Austin Powers movies. Their attempts to frame our perishably delightful Sheikh Eisa have at last been found out by the sharp minds at the UAE justice department.

I mean sure, in the video footage, you can see the Sheikh beating the evil Afghani merchant, using a cattle prod, a stick embedded with nails, and even his own 4x4. You can hear the Sheikh talking in a clear, albeit excited tone of voice that might not sound drugged to the uneducated mind. By like most things, it's all in how you look at the videotape.

For instance, if you play it backwards, you see Sheikh Eisa pick the man up off the ground and help him on his way. I rest my case.
Dr Strangeglove
Dubai forums Addict

Im curious about this drug that makes you gay! lol
Roadtester
Dubai forums Addict

Bora is right....A shameful episode especially with some of the trivial things that get people imprisoned in this country!

But I will say again: Not surprising.
smoggie
Dubai Expat Helper

Roadtester wrote:Im curious about this drug that makes you gay! lol

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaa :D
smoggie
Dubai Expat Helper

Shameful.

I'm interested in hearing what the Dubai/UAE defenders have to say here.

UAE baby-goat (UAE Kid) and Mr. Parrot (Sage) have to say.

I can guess.
XPT
Dubai forums Addict

Dr Strangeglove wrote:Bora, how dare you besmirch the reputation of our beloved Sheikh Eisa. When he's not busy helping old ladies cross the road, you can usually find him at the Al Ain Hospital for Poorly kittens where he regularly changes bandages and straighens bent whiskers.

The sensationally lovely Sheikh Eisa is the victim of a clandestine conspiracy, put together by the Sunday Times newspaper, McCauley Culkin and that midget bloke from the Austin Powers movies. Their attempts to frame our perishably delightful Sheikh Eisa have at last been found out by the sharp minds at the UAE justice department.

I mean sure, in the video footage, you can see the Sheikh beating the evil Afghani merchant, using a cattle prod, a stick embedded with nails, and even his own 4x4. You can hear the Sheikh talking in a clear, albeit excited tone of voice that might not sound drugged to the uneducated mind. By like most things, it's all in how you look at the videotape.

For instance, if you play it backwards, you see Sheikh Eisa pick the man up off the ground and help him on his way. I rest my case.

OMG, you're a lawyer!!!! :lol:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Dr Strangeglove wrote:Bora, how dare you besmirch the reputation of our beloved Sheikh Eisa. When he's not busy helping old ladies cross the road, you can usually find him at the Al Ain Hospital for Poorly kittens where he regularly changes bandages and straighens bent whiskers.

If I ever need defense counsel you are hired!
XPT
Dubai forums Addict

Knock, knock, come out, come out wherever you are!!!!

It appears that it wasn't one. It was a combination of 66 drugs.

Just easier if you turn the knob on the closet and step out I would think. 8)
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

this drug must be the new product of US,they have it in Iran's jails too, some military people have been affected, poor Basijis. And it's not just "gay drug", it makes them to hurt and beat and do some cruel things that they will never do normally as Dr Strange explained...
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

I would not be suprised if soon they arrest the Afghan man and charge him with drug dealing. The charge will be that the supplied the drugs to the Sheikh. Stay tuned.
XPT
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Sheik Essa Aquitted. Jan 12, 2010
What a mess.

This only made it to court to try and prove that no-one is above the law in the UAE.
benwj
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

ok guys get your heart beat down a bit.

To me it is a +1 to my government wither you like it or not for 2 reasons:
1- they did not allow the 2 lebnonies to blackmail them.
2- a royal family member in court !! that is a woow.

The Afghany guy is a drug dealer who got a test of his won medicine as you all saw, he experienced first hand what is the effect of things he sell to the public so yaa he did deserve the beating he got and more and I understand why you are siding with a drug dealer since the other party is a UAE royal family. Well actually I don't..

Eisa is guilty head to toe for his act and deserves how the royal family is treating him not now but long time a go for sending such a shameful image to my beloved Abu Dhabi.

Bora Bora, you have to look at the case without looking at eisa as a royal member! if he is freed it's bcz he got good lawyers who found a a medical excuse for his behavior ,thats what lawyers do. and it did not start here and you do know that triales gets a diff turn if a person is found under the influence of any narcotics or any sort of insanity. wither we like it or not ,it is a law that has to be considered in any court. a US diplomat attended the session for some reason to make sure every thing is in order..
uaekid

XPT wrote:I would not be suprised if soon they arrest the Afghan man and charge him with drug dealing. The charge will be that the supplied the drugs to the Sheikh. Stay tuned.

uaekid wrote:The Afghany guy is a drug dealer who got a test of his won medicine as you all saw, he experienced first hand what is the effect of things he sell to the public so yaa he did deserve the beating he got and more and I understand why you are siding with a drug dealer since the other party is a UAE royal family

I told you :lol:
XPT
Dubai forums Addict

wooow the bright brain you got .. :lol:
uaekid

The Court would not care less if the US Diplomat was there to check that everything was in order, but he will only report (quietly) that the Court was corrupt.
The proof is in the ruling of the court itself: He did it, but he is not guilty because....
If he did it , he is guilty, period, there was not insanity plea.
mitigating factors comes later...after the guilt has been established, when a more lenient sentence can be considered.
He was found not guilty because he said he had been involuntarily intoxicated with medicines. Involuntary intoxication never grants for a not guilty verdict and rather brings a lesser sentence as the responsibility if not complete, is partial.
As anyone can see on the tape, Sheikh Issa knew exactly what he was doing, where to hit, pick something to hit better, where and how to stuff sand in his mouth, very precisely. He shows judgement, choice and decision. This is in total contradiction with someone under the influence of drugs, who shows erratic movements, like a drunk so to speak. Furthermore, I have witnessed during my professional experience the effects of mind affecting drugs, an individual who has received such drugs shows signs of total obedience but acts more like a "Zombie", he responds and follows simple orders, in total submission, but never acts on his own or give orders to others like Sheikh Issa is seen doing on the tape.
The drug defense was a cheap lie that could only be swallowed by a corrupt court and not because he had a good lawyer. He was innocent until proven innocent, in palace arrest. The decision of the court had been decided before the trial, a common trend in the UAE. In the west the prosecution would have beaten up this poor excuse of involuntary intoxication with counter expertises. This is a travesty of Justice that will continue to discredit the UAE Justice system.
www.escapefromdubai.com
herve
Dubai Forums Veteran

so you thing the beating was for fun ?
uaekid

Absolutely disgusting and shameful. That 'filth' as that's the only decent word to describe him, should be locked up for life.

Kid, your excuses are pathetic!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocoholic wrote:Absolutely disgusting and shameful. That 'filth' as that's the only decent word to describe him, should be locked up for life.

my excuses ? not mine dear it the lawyers hon. but anyway you mean ? the guy is not a drug dealer or what part you think is pathetic? and if you read my reply carfuly you will see I'm not excusing anyone my dear choc.
uaekid

Chocoholic wrote:Absolutely disgusting and shameful. That 'filth' as that's the only decent word to describe him, should be locked up for life.

Second that!

Yeah kid he is free because he has good lawyers!!!
I'm happy that I didnt get a job in UAE, This would never happen in Iran, we have cleriks but we don't have animal royal family! pppffff! what a shame! I could not believe that I even stepped in that cuontry, they rape 23 year girl and say she deserved it cause she was drunk! they torture poor people and say they are drug dealers and we have good lawyers! just wow!
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

uaekid wrote:

my excuses ? not mine dear it the lawyers hon. but anyway you mean ? the guy is not a drug dealer or what part you think is pathetic? and if you read my reply carfuly you will see I'm not excusing anyone my dear choc.

Annnnnd the fact that he was a drug dealer is no excuse for torturing someone, the authorities should have dealth with him. It was not upto 'scumbag' to take matters into his own hands, his actions made him far far lower than the other guy. Hideous people!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Choc, we all know by now that anything uaekid writes is either for shock value or just to start an argument. He's actually quite amusing in a "ahhh look at the kid in the corner dribbling over himself" way.

You should know better ;)
Dr Strangeglove
Dubai forums Addict

Chocoholic wrote:
uaekid wrote:

Annnnnd the fact that he was a drug dealer is no excuse for torturing someone, the authorities should have dealth with him. It was not upto 'scumbag' to take matters into his own hands, his actions made him far far lower than the other guy. Hideous people!

hon regardless of your hate to everything that belong to us but your words are true ,however you can't give an advice to some one under the influence of drugs, they don't seem to follow up but again it is the law ones narcotics or drugs are in your system.

You can ignore it and be the shallow person you are alone with many here but you can not deny it, here let me educated you a bit since I got nothing to do but to lough at your non sense :

this is our and the US laws that was applied :

"Those found to have been not guilty by reason of insanity are generally then required to undergo psychiatric treatment; except in the case of temporary insanity Defendants found not guilty by reason of insanity are generally placed in a mental institution. Unlike defendants who are found guilty of a crime, they are not institutionalized for a fixed period, but rather they are held within the institution until authorities determine that they are no longer a threat. Authorities making this decision tend to be cautious."

no one is saying he has an excuse to do so but you have to look at the issue regardless of the ppl ranks involved in. and if you can't then that's your problem, no one heart beat and pressure is going up but you dear..
uaekid

Oh well then if he was under the influence of illegal substances, should he not at least be looking at four years for drug taking.

BS answer once again Kid.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Dr Strangeglove wrote:Choc, we all know by now that anything uaekid writes is either for shock value or just to start an argument. He's actually quite amusing in a "ahhh look at the kid in the corner dribbling over himself" way.

You should know better ;)

LOL I do actually get amused seeing you hopeless like this got ,got no replies but insults ,punching madly at your keyboards, going out side the office for a stressed out smoke and not being able to concentrate at the work in your hand bcz of me pissing you off…. Fun isn't it ?
uaekid

no one heart beat and pressure is going up but you dear..

Yeah ur heart beat won't go up becasue u dont have heart DEAR!
especially in this case you have to consider people's ranks! what is the police man doing in that scene if the criminal was not from a royal family? and the kind of excuses for his being under drug effect is not applicable for anyone but a person from his rank!!
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Chocoholic wrote:Oh well then if he was under the influence of illegal substances, should he not at least be looking at four years for drug taking.

BS answer once again Kid.

wear your classes and read the law above.
uaekid

uaekid wrote:
LOL I do actually get amused seeing you hopeless like this got ,got no replies but insults ,punching madly at your keyboards, going out side the office for a stressed out smoke and not being able to concentrate at the work in your hand bcz of me pissing you off…. Fun isn't it ?

You flatter yourself, it's only because of the absolutely volume of nonsense that you write, that someone, somewhere is eventually bound to get offended. The rest of us view you with pity, because you have no idea what a bad example you set for your countrymen. People from all over the world visit this site to learn about Dubai, and what they read from your contribution as a local is infantile, and to be frank, embarrassingly poorly thought out.

Feel free to think that you're some kind of 'lone protector of Dubai', but at least understand that most of couldn't care less if you never visited this site again. So why not make an effort to contribute positively and teach us something other than how childish you are. Because we're bored of it and pretty soon you'll just be ignored.
Dr Strangeglove
Dubai forums Addict

Dr Strangeglove wrote:
uaekid wrote:

You flatter yourself, it's only because of the absolutely volume of nonsense that you write, that someone, somewhere is eventually bound to get offended. The rest of us view you with pity, because you have no idea what a bad example you set for your countrymen. People from all over the world visit this site to learn about Dubai, and what they read from your contribution as a local is infantile, and to be frank, embarrassingly poorly thought out.

Feel free to think that you're some kind of 'lone protector of Dubai', but at least understand that most of couldn't care less if you never visited this site again. So why not make an effort to contribute positively and teach us something other than how childish you are. Because we're bored of it and pretty soon you'll just be ignored.

I second that. The butt kissing is OTT.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

I saw part of the video and I can say that it looked like he knew exactly what he was doing. He didn't look intoxicated by tons of different drugs. (Was there a blood test done to confirm that he was intoxicated?) He looked like a brutal human animal, displaying behaviour that can be seen by those who think they are so powerful that they have the right to do anything to other human beings. It is disgusting that he could be acquitted for his crimes. Seeing this in the news, and this one makes me feel so glad to leave Dubai in the dust. Human rights from back in the dark ages...
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat