Sheik Essa Aquitted.

Topic locked
Re: Sheik Essa Aquitted. Jan 12, 2010
Dr Strangeglove wrote:
uaekid wrote:
LOL I do actually get amused seeing you hopeless like this got ,got no replies but insults ,punching madly at your keyboards, going out side the office for a stressed out smoke and not being able to concentrate at the work in your hand bcz of me pissing you off…. Fun isn't it ?

You flatter yourself, it's only because of the absolutely volume of nonsense that you write, that someone, somewhere is eventually bound to get offended. The rest of us view you with pity, because you have no idea what a bad example you set for your countrymen. People from all over the world visit this site to learn about Dubai, and what they read from your contribution as a local is infantile, and to be frank, embarrassingly poorly thought out.

Feel free to think that you're some kind of 'lone protector of Dubai', but at least understand that most of couldn't care less if you never visited this site again. So why not make an effort to contribute positively and teach us something other than how childish you are. Because we're bored of it and pretty soon you'll just be ignored.

I have to use this attitude with ppl like you, you were raised to behave in a specific way and I’m just going down to your level to make you understand my point, when your replies are always with insults , so can I . I hate Dubai for bringing .................. ppl like you, with no manners and no use to it's land so no I won’t defent it but I’m putting some sense in to your thoughts. my country does not need any positive contribution , it's accomplishments is enough and big you are fighting it so hard which as you can see is not working …. and finally I'm not here to make friends and when ppl like you ignores me I call that a blessing.

now be gone.

uaekid
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

uaekid wrote:
Dr Strangeglove wrote:
uaekid wrote:
LOL I do actually get amused seeing you hopeless like this got ,got no replies but insults ,punching madly at your keyboards, going out side the office for a stressed out smoke and not being able to concentrate at the work in your hand bcz of me pissing you off…. Fun isn't it ?

You flatter yourself, it's only because of the absolutely volume of nonsense that you write, that someone, somewhere is eventually bound to get offended. The rest of us view you with pity, because you have no idea what a bad example you set for your countrymen. People from all over the world visit this site to learn about Dubai, and what they read from your contribution as a local is infantile, and to be frank, embarrassingly poorly thought out.

Feel free to think that you're some kind of 'lone protector of Dubai', but at least understand that most of couldn't care less if you never visited this site again. So why not make an effort to contribute positively and teach us something other than how childish you are. Because we're bored of it and pretty soon you'll just be ignored.

I have to use this attitude with ppl like you, you were raised to behave in a specific way and I’m just going down to your level to make you understand my point, when your replies are always with insults , so can I . I hate Dubai for bringing .................. ppl like you, with no manners and no use to it's land so no I won’t defent it but I’m putting some sense in to your thoughts. my country does not need any positive contribution , it's accomplishments is enough and big you are fighting it so hard which as you can see is not working …. and finally I'm not here to make friends and when ppl like you ignores me I call that a blessing.

now be gone.

Ouch! Please elaborate kid because if we are now speaking generically you and you could be in for a bit of a pounding! I personally was brought up by my parents, Not by a maid.
smoggie
Dubai Expat Helper

Dr Strangeglove wrote:Because we're bored of it and pretty soon you'll just be ignored.

:wink:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Dr Strangeglove wrote:Bora, how dare you besmirch the reputation of our beloved Sheikh Eisa. When he's not busy helping old ladies cross the road, you can usually find him at the Al Ain Hospital for Poorly kittens where he regularly changes bandages and straighens bent whiskers.

The sensationally lovely Sheikh Eisa is the victim of a clandestine conspiracy, put together by the Sunday Times newspaper, McCauley Culkin and that midget bloke from the Austin Powers movies. Their attempts to frame our perishably delightful Sheikh Eisa have at last been found out by the sharp minds at the UAE justice department.

I mean sure, in the video footage, you can see the Sheikh beating the evil Afghani merchant, using a cattle prod, a stick embedded with nails, and even his own 4x4. You can hear the Sheikh talking in a clear, albeit excited tone of voice that might not sound drugged to the uneducated mind. By like most things, it's all in how you look at the videotape.

For instance, if you play it backwards, you see Sheikh Eisa pick the man up off the ground and help him on his way. I rest my case

Very true..
:laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5:
Stylinexpat
Dubai forums Addict

herve wrote:The Court would not care less if the US Diplomat was there to check that everything was in order, but he will only report (quietly) that the Court was corrupt.
The proof is in the ruling of the court itself: He did it, but he is not guilty because....
If he did it , he is guilty, period, there was not insanity plea.
mitigating factors comes later...after the guilt has been established, when a more lenient sentence can be considered.
He was found not guilty because he said he had been involuntarily intoxicated with medicines. Involuntary intoxication never grants for a not guilty verdict and rather brings a lesser sentence as the responsibility if not complete, is partial.
As anyone can see on the tape, Sheikh Issa knew exactly what he was doing, where to hit, pick something to hit better, where and how to stuff sand in his mouth, very precisely. He shows judgement, choice and decision. This is in total contradiction with someone under the influence of drugs, who shows erratic movements, like a drunk so to speak. Furthermore, I have witnessed during my professional experience the effects of mind affecting drugs, an individual who has received such drugs shows signs of total obedience but acts more like a "Zombie", he responds and follows simple orders, in total submission, but never acts on his own or give orders to others like Sheikh Issa is seen doing on the tape.
The drug defense was a cheap lie that could only be swallowed by a corrupt court and not because he had a good lawyer. He was innocent until proven innocent, in palace arrest. The decision of the court had been decided before the trial, a common trend in the UAE. In the west the prosecution would have beaten up this poor excuse of involuntary intoxication with counter expertises. This is a travesty of Justice that will continue to discredit the UAE Justice system.
http://www.escapefromdubai.com

He was only found not guilty because the judge would probably get the same beating had he found the sheikh guilty lol... Had this sheikh been tried in any western court he would have been found guilty as the devil but these are our children and children make mistakes. lol...
Stylinexpat
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Sheik Essa Aquitted. Jan 13, 2010
kanelli wrote:. Seeing this in the news, and this one makes me feel so glad to leave Dubai in the dust. Human rights from back in the dark ages...

There is trojan in your link (at 7days).
ORK
Dubai Forum Visitor

I never been more glad to be out of this digusting place. Its interesting that Mr. Parrot has nothing to say to defend it.

Barack Obama criticised for nuclear deal with UAE Tim Reid in Washington Recommend? A senior Democratic congressman has demanded that President Obama delay a nuclear deal with the United Arab Emirates after a member of its Royal Family was acquitted despite a videotape showing him subjecting another man to torture.

Jim McGovern, who heads the US House of Representatives Human Rights Committee, expressed outrage over the not guilty verdict and decried Washington’s decision to press ahead with the nuclear deal despite what he called a laughable court ruling.

But the Obama Administration showed little sign it was prepared to risk its relationship with a key regional ally, gently rebuking the UAE but going no farther. P. J. Crowley, a State Department spokesman, said the decision would not affect the $41billion (£25billion) nuclear deal, a move that has dismayed human rights groups.

The case of Sheikh Issa bin Zayed al-Nahyan, one of 22 royal brothers of the UAE President and Abu Dhabi Crown Prince, drew international condemnation when the 45-minute videotape was made public in May last year.

In the film Sheikh Issa can be seen repeatedly beating a man with a cattle prod and a nailed board, burning his genitals and driving his Mercedes over him several times. At the time Mr McGovern said that it was “one of the most horrific things I have ever seen”.

Under US pressure the UAE — a close American ally and the world’s third-largest oil exporter — eventually agreed to put Sheikh Issa on trial.

Sheikh Issa was exonerated on Sunday of charges including rape and endangering a life. The judge said that he agreed with Sheikh Issa’s defence: that at the time of the torture he had been not responsible for his actions because he had been impaired by a combination of drugs, including medicines for heart and back conditions.

“It’s an abomination, it’s an awful verdict, it’s a travesty of justice,” Mr McGovern told The Times. “I have seen the tape. He was very much under control. This whole cockamamie excuse that he was under the influence of drugs — the UAE does not take human rights seriously.

“If human rights matter, if it’s part of our foreign policy, we should at least slow this nuclear deal down,” Mr McGovern said. “Otherwise this guy will have got away with it and will continue to get away with it. This sheikh is a torturer and deserves to be behind bars.”

Yet Mr McGovern’s concerns about human rights appear to have been trumped in Washington by the Obama Administration’s focus on the geopolitical importance of the UAE, a key ally in a region where the US has many adversaries.

Under the deal the UAE will buy fuel and materials for its civilian nuclear power plants from the US.

In return the UAE pledges to abide by the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty and not to reprocess its spent nuclear fuel.
K-Dog
Dubai Expat Helper

K-Dog wrote:I never been more glad to be out of this digusting place. Its interesting that Mr. Parrot has nothing to say to defend it.

Barack Obama criticised for nuclear deal with UAE Tim Reid in Washington Recommend? A senior Democratic congressman has demanded that President Obama delay a nuclear deal with the United Arab Emirates after a member of its Royal Family was acquitted despite a videotape showing him subjecting another man to torture.

Jim McGovern, who heads the US House of Representatives Human Rights Committee, expressed outrage over the not guilty verdict and decried Washington’s decision to press ahead with the nuclear deal despite what he called a laughable court ruling.

But the Obama Administration showed little sign it was prepared to risk its relationship with a key regional ally, gently rebuking the UAE but going no farther. P. J. Crowley, a State Department spokesman, said the decision would not affect the $41billion (£25billion) nuclear deal, a move that has dismayed human rights groups.

The case of Sheikh Issa bin Zayed al-Nahyan, one of 22 royal brothers of the UAE President and Abu Dhabi Crown Prince, drew international condemnation when the 45-minute videotape was made public in May last year.

In the film Sheikh Issa can be seen repeatedly beating a man with a cattle prod and a nailed board, burning his genitals and driving his Mercedes over him several times. At the time Mr McGovern said that it was “one of the most horrific things I have ever seen”.

Under US pressure the UAE — a close American ally and the world’s third-largest oil exporter — eventually agreed to put Sheikh Issa on trial.

Sheikh Issa was exonerated on Sunday of charges including rape and endangering a life. The judge said that he agreed with Sheikh Issa’s defence: that at the time of the torture he had been not responsible for his actions because he had been impaired by a combination of drugs, including medicines for heart and back conditions.

“It’s an abomination, it’s an awful verdict, it’s a travesty of justice,” Mr McGovern told The Times. “I have seen the tape. He was very much under control. This whole cockamamie excuse that he was under the influence of drugs — the UAE does not take human rights seriously.

“If human rights matter, if it’s part of our foreign policy, we should at least slow this nuclear deal down,” Mr McGovern said. “Otherwise this guy will have got away with it and will continue to get away with it. This sheikh is a torturer and deserves to be behind bars.”

Yet Mr McGovern’s concerns about human rights appear to have been trumped in Washington by the Obama Administration’s focus on the geopolitical importance of the UAE, a key ally in a region where the US has many adversaries.

Under the deal the UAE will buy fuel and materials for its civilian nuclear power plants from the US.

In return the UAE pledges to abide by the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty and not to reprocess its spent nuclear fuel.

LOL and why are you highlighting your gladness of leaving k-dog ? it's not like we declared a sadness day upon you leaving our country.

p.s: you didn't leave ,you got laid off..
:lol:
uaekid

If you think about the publicity that the "Sex on the beach" case got and the defendants actually spent time in prison, I believe. This guy gets away with this sort of brutality and there is little more than a media whimper!!! Puts things in perspective really!

I hope the US and UK never go on about human rights/Torture/abuse again!
smoggie
Dubai Expat Helper

Kid, once again you spout absolute rubbish. The UAE needs alot of positivity right now, it's being dragged through the mud. And sorry to burst your bubble but YOU haven't achieved anything! This place has been built and it's achievements brought about by the hard work, blood, sweat and tears by it's imported work force.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocoholic wrote:Kid, once again you spout absolute rubbish. The UAE needs alot of positivity right now, it's being dragged through the mud. And sorry to burst your bubble but YOU haven't achieved anything! This place has been built and it's achievements brought about by the hard work, blood, sweat and tears by it's imported work force.

Dragged through the mud !! LOL what are you ? a British journalist LOL
uaekid

Lets all team up and take this Sheikh Essa to the desert then beat him senseless. When confronted by authorities we'll simply claim that he spiked a punch bowl at our party with 66 different types of medicine that put us out of our minds caused us to perform insane acts. We'll say he did it for the lulz. Bulletproof defense.
TeddyBear
Dubai Forums Member

well if the court saya he not guilty ..then he is not ..

for us we dont know what happened in the court ..maybe he brought new evidenc proving he was under drug ..but how,when or what type of drugs we dont know yet ..

Lets not anticipate events and wait for more clarification
naruto
Dubai Expat Helper

naruto wrote:well if the court saya he not guilty ..then he is not ..

for us we dont know what happened in the court ..maybe he brought new evidenc proving he was under drug ..but how,when or what type of drugs we dont know yet ..

Naruto, if it was you, or uaekid, or any other local, do you really believe that you would get the same treatment?? Do you really believe that the fact that he's from the Royal Family doesn't factor in??? Unfortunately justice isn't served when one man decides the innocence or guilt of another.

I can understand you and uaekid defending the UAE. What he did was criminal and barbaric and unfortunately it became an international scandal for the UAE and the Royal Family. You are no different than me defending the US, or a Brit defending the UK, or an Indian defending India when something negative happens that has an impact on the country and everyone else jumps on board to add to the embarrassment that we feel for our country.

But it is so obvious that he was guilty and that his "defense" was fabricated. There is no doubt that special treatment would be given to the offspring of any country's President, Ruler, Dictator, King, Sultan, or whatever. But should the common man be found to have done the same crime, the court would do everything to see that he (or she) receives the maximum punishment allowable by law.

You need to take a step back and look at the bigger picture and see it for what is it. The case was nothing short of being a public exercise to show that the crime was addressed through a trial and based on the "evidence", which goes beyond being even remotely believeable, the accused is excused and not held accountable for his actions, but everyone else who was there has been rightfully punished. Justice served. You know how justice is spelled here: JUST-IS. Which means that regardless of what you think of the outcome it JUST-IS, because one man, a judge, said so.

This "trial" was to appease the international community, but all it did was to bring further embarrassment on the country, and unfortunately for the Royal Family. It has created a question of credibility on them on an international level. Actually, it is insulting that they would actually think that any fairly intelligent person would believe that story, never mind the international community.

On the other hand, I wouldn't be surprised if your dialogue is quite different when sitting around with the boys and discussing this.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Re: Sheik Essa Aquitted. Jan 14, 2010
Bora Bora wrote:

Naruto, if it was you, or uaekid, or any other local, do you really believe that you would get the same treatment?? Do you really believe that the fact that he's from the Royal Family doesn't factor in??? Unfortunately justice isn't served when one man decides the innocence or guilt of another.

I can understand you and uaekid defending the UAE. What he did was criminal and barbaric and unfortunately it became an international scandal for the UAE and the Royal Family. You are no different than me defending the US, or a Brit defending the UK, or an Indian defending India when something negative happens that has an impact on the country and everyone else jumps on board to add to the embarrassment that we feel for our country.

But it is so obvious that he was guilty and that his "defense" was fabricated. There is no doubt that special treatment would be given to the offspring of any country's President, Ruler, Dictator, King, Sultan, or whatever. But should the common man be found to have done the same crime, the court would do everything to see that he (or she) receives the maximum punishment allowable by law.

You need to take a step back and look at the bigger picture and see it for what is it. The case was nothing short of being a public exercise to show that the crime was addressed through a trial and based on the "evidence", which goes beyond being even remotely believeable, the accused is excused and not held accountable for his actions, but everyone else who was there has been rightfully punished. Justice served. You know how justice is spelled here: JUST-IS. Which means that regardless of what you think of the outcome it JUST-IS, because one man, a judge, said so.

This "trial" was to appease the international community, but all it did was to bring further embarrassment on the country, and unfortunately for the Royal Family. It has created a question of credibility on them on an international level. Actually, it is insulting that they would actually think that any fairly intelligent person would believe that story, never mind the international community.

On the other hand, I wouldn't be surprised if your dialogue is quite different when sitting around with the boys and discussing this.

bora how you doin..

let please elaborate more ..if you read my previous statement i didn't say he is not guilty ..the court said so.

Again i repeat we dont know the evidence which were brought up by th lawyers.

but if you want my personal statement about the vid .. i would say he must be punished but im no judge nor a a lawyer to say so ..

General speaking lets go to Iraq for a moment .Bush and tony killed so many innocent people in Iraq claiming that Saddam will use WOMD against them..now have they found these weapons ..no

Did any one suggest that we need to send those who killed the innocent under false accusation to court. no

at least here in UAE we did put a member of the royal family under trail but whether he is guilty or not this is what the court will decide based the evidence and proofs .

yes there no justice in the world ..people with power will remain unharmed and untouched not only here but every where in the world ..
naruto
Dubai Expat Helper

Bora Bora wrote:

Evencually we will look at this case as a spical one considering the ppl involve in it. now I didn't defend ESSA ! you probably did not read my earlier post but ,what I'm against is how you want him to be convicted regardless !! This will also show how weak the court is if they do so. court laws does not judge based on feeling dear.

now, as you know, this case got an international attention and the court verdict cleared him bcz of narcotics in his system, however many are monitoring the event and the court system should get those test results from an independent party if they don't wana be questionable and if not then I'm sure this will harm them badly ,also everything has to be cleared to the public if the royal family wants it's reputation untouched.

I agree that was a barbaric act nothing less and did cause an embarrassment to the country no question about it, and should be handled very well, I believe everyone understands that, we just have to wait for the rest of the case to be reveled and again for some reason the US officials are involve so even if we wont hear it from here we will get the news for the US.

finally we will be able to tell if his "defense" was fabricated. when the hall thing is showmen to the public. I careless about him in person really bora bora, but I'm not with treating ppl differently bcz of there ranks ether positively or negatively here or any where else ..
uaekid

Kid, if he is acquitted because he had drugs in his system, then everyone who is in jail should be acquitted for any crime that they may have committed while under the influence of drugs. What you do care about is the UAE, as you very well should. But the laws here are a bit slanted. But, having said that, in the states the time you serve and where you serve it really comes down to your ability to pay for a good lawyer. There really is no such thing as the punishment should fit the crime. It comes down to who you are, who you know, and who you can afford to represent you.

The mere fact that such a fairytale was published in the papers is an insult to everyone who read it and to the UAE!! It just isn't believeable. And you know what, the truth will never come out. If it wasn't for that video for people to actually see what he was doing, then maybe there could be some doubts - not many, but some. You know what they say: a picture is worth a thousand words. That video speaks for itself.

And if he was such an upstanding citizen, if the Afghani was a drug smuggler, or dealer, why didn't he turn him over to the police and let them take care of it? You see, he knows he's above the law and thinks he is the law, so he took it into his own hands. He even directed the police as to what to do in that video. Let's do a for instance: if that whole scenerio played out in the US or the UK, do you think anyone would buy that story?? I'd rather read Herve's book, which seems very plausible next to this story.

So the UAE has a black mark against it, but to make it bigger by coming up with an unbelieveable story? Clearly someone didn't think this one through.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

naruto wrote:General speaking lets go to Iraq for a moment .Bush and tony killed so many innocent people in Iraq claiming that Saddam will use WOMD against them..now have they found these weapons ..no

Did any one suggest that we need to send those who killed the innocent under false accusation to court. no

Actually you're wrong on this. There has been a large swell of opinion in the UK and Europe (both before, during and after the invasion) due to the blatent lack of geniune intelligence to support the WMDs claim. As I write this, there is an independant enquiry being conducted in the UK to reassess the path that led to the invasion, and based on its conclusions, there could very well be criminal charges for those involved (Blair being the prime candidate).

The republicans in the US were ostensibly voted out of office because of the quagmire in Iraq, however, if anyone deserves to face war crimes charges, it is George W Bush.

This all belies the point however, that the invasion in Iraq was instigated because of a belief that it would help stabilise the Middle East and prevent a spread of terrorism (so much for the experts, huh), whereas the verdict in Abu Dhabi is just a shameless perversion of justice, done because of the guilty party's family ties.
Dr Strangeglove
Dubai forums Addict

Dr Strangeglove wrote:
naruto wrote:General speaking lets go to Iraq for a moment .Bush and tony killed so many innocent people in Iraq claiming that Saddam will use WOMD against them..now have they found these weapons ..no

Actually you're wrong on this. There has been a large swell of opinion in the UK and Europe (both before, during and after the invasion) due to the blatent lack of geniune intelligence to support the WMDs claim. As I write this, there is an independant enquiry being conducted in the UK to reassess the path that led to the invasion, and based on its conclusions, there could very well be criminal charges for those involved (Blair being the prime candidate).

The republicans in the US were ostensibly voted out of office because of the quagmire in Iraq, however, if anyone deserves to face war crimes charges, it is George W Bush.

This all belies the point however, that the invasion in Iraq was instigated because of a belief that it would help stabilise the Middle East and prevent a spread of terrorism (so much for the experts, huh), whereas the verdict in Abu Dhabi is just a shameless perversion of justice, done because of the guilty party's family ties.

Let's not forget Rummy Rumsfeld and Condosleezea Rice. Oh, and the man who served his Vice Presidency living in a cave - Cheney - who was the mastermind behind the whole fiasco!!!!
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Bora Bora wrote:Kid, if he is acquitted because he had drugs in his system, then everyone who is in jail should be acquitted for any crime that they may have committed while under the influence of drugs. What you do care about is the UAE, as you very well should. But the laws here are a bit slanted. But, having said that, in the states the time you serve and where you serve it really comes down to your ability to pay for a good lawyer. There really is no such thing as the punishment should fit the crime. It comes down to who you are, who you know, and who you can afford to represent you.

The mere fact that such a fairytale was published in the papers is an insult to everyone who read it and to the UAE!! It just isn't believeable. And you know what, the truth will never come out. If it wasn't for that video for people to actually see what he was doing, then maybe there could be some doubts - not many, but some. You know what they say: a picture is worth a thousand words. That video speaks for itself.

And if he was such an upstanding citizen, if the Afghani was a drug smuggler, or dealer, why didn't he turn him over to the police and let them take care of it? You see, he knows he's above the law and thinks he is the law, so he took it into his own hands. He even directed the police as to what to do in that video. Let's do a for instance: if that whole scenerio played out in the US or the UK, do you think anyone would buy that story?? I'd rather read Herve's book, which seems very plausible next to this story.

So the UAE has a black mark against it, but to make it bigger by coming up with an unbelieveable story? Clearly someone didn't think this one through.

thats what I'm saying hon, if they didn't provide any evidence to the public then no one will ever forget this incident and will be part of AD history and if I know AD guys then they wont allow such a thing even from their brother. him thinking he is above the law was wrong and he will live in shame for the rest of his life especially in UAE.

but as long as the law goes which I provided earlier in this thread is the same law the USA uses and it's up to the lawyers or how good they are to make that law apply in their case to get their guy off the hook. but again the evidence has to be more than words from the court especially with all the media being so thirsty to bash UAE it is a big risk if they don't do so.

And I’m not saying anyone should believe the story, I sure don’t but as you may know laws are laws and cant be overlooked bcz of ranking dear. And trust me he is not the first or last person to get off the hook with lawyers up using a cretin law to their client benefits.
uaekid

Nothing like a trial by jury...
Stylinexpat
Dubai forums Addict

:lol: :lol: Reading this thread I have to laugh at the way it's progressed. A classic case of a blind man leading the other.
This thread has nothing to do with Bush or Blair who is now a ME emissary and walks in and out of the ME with absolute impunity, neither is it about pointing fingers at other administrations around the world.
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Sheik Essa Aquitted. Jan 15, 2010
Misery Called Life wrote::lol: :lol: Reading this thread I have to laugh at the way it's progressed. A classic case of a blind man leading the other.
This thread has nothing to do with Bush or Blair who is now a ME emissary and walks in and out of the ME with absolute impunity, neither is it about pointing fingers at other administrations around the world.

So true, a classic case of "Thread Hijacking"
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Sheik Essa Aquitted. Jan 15, 2010
Misery Called Life wrote::lol: :lol: Reading this thread I have to laugh at the way it's progressed. A classic case of a blind man leading the other.

cant agree more :D
naruto
Dubai Expat Helper

Re: Sheik Essa Aquitted. Jan 19, 2010
Chocoholic wrote:Kid, once again you spout absolute rubbish. The UAE needs alot of positivity right now, it's being dragged through the mud. And sorry to burst your bubble but YOU haven't achieved anything! This place has been built and it's achievements brought about by the hard work, blood, sweat and tears by it's imported work force.

I have to second choc here. There are double standards and expats put up with it because of their circumstances. But before the 'achievements' are touted one has to remember that not a SINGLE ONE has been put together solely by the natives. Before the expats are criticised pls ask yourselves who cleans your streets, who waters those gardens, who lays the bricks for the monuments, who does your housework... Pls do not disrespect the expats for with out them ... for starters thered be only 11 percent of the population left !! Wonder whod want to stay in the PALM then and what the property market would look like. It is a parasitic relationship whether you like it or not. Expats have built this country and respect is due
olivertwisted
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Re: Sheik Essa Aquitted. Jan 19, 2010
Edited.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat