Child Prices @ Wild Wadi

Topic locked
Child Prices @ Wild Wadi Feb 18, 2006
Gordon Bennet what a rip off.

Adult 150 Child 120

Wife goes in with 11 year old today, man at ticket office says "he is an adult" :shock:

There is a sign next, saying children over 1.1 mtr pays adult price.

Now my son who is just 11 is not even average for his size, in fact most clothes i buy him are in the 9-10 range.

So i reckon for his height, the child price equates in all reality to children under 7/8.

Just venting off.

:evil: :evil:

arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Feb 18, 2006
Arnie- they should charge all entry by height-NOT-that would mean my family is at a distinct disadvantage! We would be paying through the nose!! It is a bit like when we first arrived my daughter 11 wanted to join her siblings in the ball crawl/ fun maze - sorry too tall.....but maids were in there with kids???? Hmmmm...odd!! :shock: She is tall and will be taller and she is already being penalised and being denied kiddie fun! :roll: I understand the height allowance on rides that have specific weight/height allowances due to safety but then there is just idiocy.
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

Feb 18, 2006
I can see the logic in the ball/fun room Gabs, for height being of a health and safety issue, in very tall older kids mixing with small 2/3 year olds.

My point is about at what price does it constitute being a child. Put this way for example, Airlines charge child prices up to age 11. The height or weight of the child has no relevance in the pricing structure.

Therefore i cannot see the logic in what the height has to do with Wild Wadi charging the "entrance fee" by the height of the child. This has nothing to do with the fact that when inside there are "minimum" heights for rides etc, again this is a safety issue not a pricing issue.

Grrrrrrrrrrrr
arniegang

Feb 18, 2006
If you're a dwarf of an adult then, does that mean you can get in for the child price? Fair's fair!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Feb 19, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:If you're a dwarf of an adult then, does that mean you can get in for the child price? Fair's fair!

Fair point choco

So what we need to suggest is any child under say under 12, who is above 1.1m they go in on their knees

And all dwarfs get child rates obviously.

:lol:
arniegang

Feb 19, 2006
I agree that height and weight should not determine price. Also it would be interesting to note-how many rides was he excluded from for being too short?? It wouldn't surprise me if he was!!
(Also though safety is a problem here it does not follow logic. Arnie she was literally 5mm over the line-all the maids(also taller than my daughter) were in there sitting in the balls chatting oblivious to where their kids had gone, so it doesn't really make sense. The stupid thing about these crawl type things is the younger you are the more dangerous they are-my six year old rescued a 3 year old who got his head jammed between ropes and was being strangled. There is no logic at all.)
I suggest yo go to the other water park and visit Baracuda on the way home!! It is cheap and great fun-my youngest could go on so many rides, apparently at WW you are limited.
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

Feb 19, 2006
Yep same happened to us at the weekend, we also got charged full price on our 11 year old, but I must say that there are a good few Wadi promotion offers in the magazines at the moment.

So you can take advantage of buy one get one free tickets if you look around.
Alyapal
Dubai Forums Member

Mar 01, 2006
Its all because of the safity ... they didnt have it b4 in WW , but there were complaints thats why they started to measure children's height .
Explain : if a child is shorter than 1.1 ( even 1 cm ) he/she will not be allowed to use almost all the rides . Only those like lazy and action rivers , family master blaster , wave pool and some child slides yahhhhh ... very simple ! :roll:
malak
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Mar 01, 2006
I think you missed the point-there are height restrictions, yes, but to charge according to height is daft-age yes, height no! :roll:
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat