Jobs In Dubai

Topic locked
Jobs in Dubai Jan 30, 2006
Hi

I come to Dubai last year for just holiday & eventhough it was middle of June and the weather was out of this world...I mean it was toooo HOT!!!!!!! but, still I have fallen inlove with Dubai lifestyle & I really want come back. So, I want find out is it easy to get a JOB in Dubai? lets say that if I am Secretary is there a good chance to find a job? what if I am IT Technician? any more chance for me?what is the Salaries like?....I will really appreciate if you guys give me some tips .......

Thanks in Advance :)

Infoseek
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Jan 31, 2006
Oh!

I just cant believe it! how friendly are you all?

33 person look at my post & no one care to reply? com'on guys....and I heard people from Dubai are so friendly & helpful :shock:

Can any one just tell me it is easy to get a Job there? or you guys love to make money so much, so you will rather work than talk?....well, have a nice day...... :x

:arrow:
Infoseek
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Feb 01, 2006
2 issues here my friend

1. you seem to be confused as too what job you do ie Secretary / IT Tech

2. this topic is very well covered within the forums, there is a "search facility". If you care to use it all the answers to your questions will be there.

Do some homework yourself, then come back and ask some more specific questions
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Feb 15, 2006
Hi arniegang

Atlast some one h've noticed my post & decided to help thanks :)

I did study A+,MCSE's in IT & worked as technician but, I dont have much experience :( then I decided I dont like IT any more I might rather work as a Secretery which I just recieved my Secreterial diploma & It was easy since I am IT expert but, again I dont have much experience :(.so, I guest what I was traying to say is..CAN I GET A JOB in Dubai without much experience?...........some one told me if you dont have kind of degree from University then dont bother to apply a job in Dubai?.....is that true? and others told me it has nothing to do with ur qualification/experience in Dubai it has everything to do who you know & where you come from? is that True?.....if it is that isthe case it is sad really...........what a backward country? :shock:

basicly I am confuse & feeling dont bother to go there ....just for holiday maybe............

C U all & Thanks
Infoseek
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Feb 15, 2006
For a good job a degree is almost a pre-requisite. Also IT is faily shot out now as Indians will work for far less money for the same skill levels, and a sectretary i would guess the same applies.

I am no expert but others here will be able to advise with more depth and knowledge.
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Feb 16, 2006
arnie is right, the it industry is very over subscribed at the moment. due to dubai's proximity to the asian sub-continent there is a massive influx of it personal from india, sri lanka and the phillipines.

now, firstly note that i am not saying that they are cheap unexperienced labour. to put things in context india has a population of almost 1 billion people, the only way that they can carve out a decent living for themselves is to work hard and study hard. limited positions in schools and universities results in only survival of the fittest. most IT positions in india (for example) are poorly paid due to the shear number of people in the industry; when they come to work in dubai they are prepared not only to work a 12 hour (plus) day, but when you factor in the exchange rate they can be employed (comfortably) for about a quarter of the salary of a western expat.

as an example, if you earned 1000 pounds in the uk, just to match your salary you would have to earn about 6,000 dirhams (excuse me if the exchange rate is a little out). 1,000 gbp equates to about 76,000 Indian rupees! the average rate for an indian employed in the IT industry in Dubai as a "techie" is about 2,000 AED or about 300 pounds!!!!

the rule regarding qualifications is based on the country where the qualifiaction was obtained. if you were brought up and studied in the uk, australia or the states a secondary school quailifcation is the minimum. if you come from india, pakistan or sri lanka you need to hold the equivalent of a 3 year university degree (for non -labour catagories)
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Feb 17, 2006
dbxsoul wrote:
the rule regarding qualifications is based on the country where the qualifiaction was obtained. if you were brought up and studied in the uk, australia or the states a secondary school quailifcation is the minimum. if you come from india, pakistan or sri lanka you need to hold the equivalent of a 3 year university degree (for non -labour catagories)

dbxsoul

Thank you for the info & long explaination, now I get the whole picture :) hey you said your above quote.....If you are Uk/US citizen then all you need to have is high school qualification? is that what you saying? & if you are Indian you must have degree?.......if that is the case then it is really hard core discrimination :shock: how can the Arabs be that ignorent? anyways I am Uk citizen & I should feel lucky to be treated diffrently than.. .mmmmh lets say educated Indians or not UK citizens?....I dont think so :twisted:

Forget dubai & those Arab racist....I'll rather stay my sweet London & with my open minded english folks :coffee:

arnaegang

Even though you are not encouraging, you are rearlistic I guess.......so thanks for your information..............I hate DUBAI NOW..........Bye 4EVER

:arrow:
Infoseek
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Feb 18, 2006
to be quiet honest, racism is pretty rife in this area of the world, although i have found that in dubai people tend to be a lot more tolerant of each other...

the rule regarding the qualifications was originally introduced due to the inequality in some of the educational intitutions in some sub-continent countries. some have a very high academic standing, whereas others you simply pay for your qualification.
dbxsoul
Honored Member

posting in Dubai Job WantedForum Rules

Return to Dubai Job Wanted