Body Found In Jumeirah Hotel.

Topic locked
Sep 21, 2009
Red Chief wrote:Another rerun of boring show " Great British and Dumb American". Is there any connection with Dubai? Jumeirah, probably?

I just wonder why someone hasn't shown its beatiful middle finger in direction of the Land of Arrogance yet.

I guess the only show you enjoy is Drunken Russia and Great British? Do you really think that show was stimulating or of any interest? Two men having a pissing contest?

Rarely do you discuss Dubai. FYI It was Jumeriah Essex Hotel.

Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Sep 21, 2009
sage & onion wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:erm I think you'll find that's the population of the UK not England!

erm, if you google England, United Kingdom pops up. Could they be one in the same?

Er no the United Kingdom is made up of 4 countries BB, that would be England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland, did you never do geography at school! You couldn't physically fit 61 million people in England!

I can't get u-tube here, but I think this video says it all;

http://search.yahoo.com/search?fr=yfp-t ... ns%20video

Here's for you and Chocs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONCrE4Io ... re=channel
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Sep 21, 2009
Sorry for intervention. :)

Enjoy, dear.
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Sep 21, 2009
Bora Bora wrote:
sage & onion wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:erm I think you'll find that's the population of the UK not England!

erm, if you google England, United Kingdom pops up. Could they be one in the same?

Er no the United Kingdom is made up of 4 countries BB, that would be England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland, did you never do geography at school! You couldn't physically fit 61 million people in England!

http://search.yahoo.com/search?fr=yfp-t ... ns%20video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONCrE4Io ... re=channel

As I have already said, can't view u-tube in China, will have to wait until I returm.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Sep 21, 2009
Bora all of the above is actually incredibly boring also. The OP was a death in a hotel with an arrested suspect, not crime on the streets of any city anywhere. The damned woman was probably in an other of these ridiculous Middle Eastern love triangles. Nothing was stolen from the room and it is a good hotel. How off topic can you, Sage and the Fat Controller get? I always said when Red Chief attacked the UK all I did was defend each time against the ridiculous comments. Now you use that same excuse to have a catfight with Fat Controller (as you have before, 'I am just defending), who also used that as an excuse to rant and swear hugely at me a while back in another thread. Talk about two faced behaviour!
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 21, 2009
Speedhump wrote:Bora all of the above is actually incredibly boring also. The OP was a death in a hotel with an arrested suspect, not crime on the streets of any city anywhere. The damned woman was probably in an other of these ridiculous Middle Eastern love triangles. Nothing was stolen from the room and it is a good hotel. How off topic can you, Sage and the Fat Controller get? I always said when Red Chief attacked the UK all I did was defend each time against the ridiculous comments. Now you use that same excuse to have a catfight with Fat Controller (as you have before, 'I am just defending), who also used that as an excuse to rant and swear hugely at me a while back in another thread. Talk about two faced behaviour!

SH, go to the very top where the Fat Controller opened the door and took the topic into another direction when she opened her fat mouth. No where did I say I was "defending", nor did I do any bashing. Is it safe to assume that the behavior are you referring to as being two-faced is directed at the Fat Controller? If there is a right to "defend" ridiculous comments, I didn't know that was an exclusive to any one individual.

Pardon me for saying, but you have gone "off topic" on many a thread when the Commie baited you and you bit.

Where on earth did you get the idea it was "another ridiculous Middle Eastern love triangle"? What is that about? They arrested a hotel worker for the murder!!

I can hardly believe that you actually wrote that post.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Sep 21, 2009
sage & onion wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:
sage & onion wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:

As I have already said, can't view u-tube in China, will have to wait until I returm.

China? What, time to buy another wife already?
Ballbraker
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Sep 21, 2009
Bora Bora wrote:
Speedhump wrote:Bora all of the above is actually incredibly boring also. The OP was a death in a hotel with an arrested suspect, not crime on the streets of any city anywhere. The damned woman was probably in an other of these ridiculous Middle Eastern love triangles. Nothing was stolen from the room and it is a good hotel. How off topic can you, Sage and the Fat Controller get? I always said when Red Chief attacked the UK all I did was defend each time against the ridiculous comments. Now you use that same excuse to have a catfight with Fat Controller (as you have before, 'I am just defending), who also used that as an excuse to rant and swear hugely at me a while back in another thread. Talk about two faced behaviour!

SH, go to the very top where the Fat Controller opened the door and took the topic into another direction when she opened her fat mouth. No where did I say I was "defending", nor did I do any bashing. Is it safe to assume that the behavior are you referring to as being two-faced is directed at the Fat Controller? If there is a right to "defend" ridiculous comments, I didn't know that was an exclusive to any one individual.

Pardon me for saying, but you have gone "off topic" on many a thread when the Commie baited you and you bit.

Where on earth did you get the idea it was "another ridiculous Middle Eastern love triangle"? What is that about? They arrested a hotel worker for the murder!!

OK time for some straightening!

I am the king of going off topic, Notorious B.I.G, who would deny it :D? What I complain about is someone who does it themselves and complains at me, that wasnt directed at you.

But your comment concering how boring Chief's and my arguments were (WERE) are a little rich though, when you insist on doing the same with FController. A catfight is no more attractive to outsiders than a pissing contest, I hope you get my meaning. Also a lot of people on the forums are of British nationality, if you need to vent some spite at the FController I suggest you could find another way to do it than just pour out invention about little boys being murdered (or something) in the UK, because I see that at least one poster here was upset by it apart from your intended target. Just a little more though applied before the steam would be great ;)

No bad feeing here hun, hope you are the same.

The article I read had no details about the person arrested, so I am quite within my rights to say what I want, and qualify it with ' probably', I hope.
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 21, 2009
Speedhump wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:

OK time for some straightening!

I am the king of going off topic, Notorious B.I.G, who would deny it :D? What I complain about is someone who does it themselves and complains at me, that wasnt directed at you.

But your comment concering how boring Chief's and my arguments were (WERE) are a little rich though, when you insist on doing the same with FController. A catfight is no more attractive to outsiders than a pissing contest, I hope you get my meaning. Also a lot of people on the forums are of British nationality, if you need to vent some spite at the FController I suggest you could find another way to do it than just pour out invention about little boys being murdered (or something) in the UK, because I see that at least one poster here was upset by it apart from your intended target. Just a little more though applied before the steam would be great ;)

No bad feeing here hun, hope you are the same.

The article I read had no details about the person arrested, so I am quite within my rights to say what I want, and qualify it with ' probably', I hope.

SH, read my posts in the context that they are meant. You, better than anyone, knows how I express myself!! The person who was "upset" thought I was referring to something other than murder. He was questioning my wording and asked if I was referring to murder or pedophilia. Again, if you followed the posts you would see how things evolved. My comment was not a figment of my imagination.

Your suggestion that I find another way to "vent" because of the large number of Brits on the forum is not on. That's like telling me I have to tiptoe around and be careful that I might offend the sensibilities of a certain nationality. One member should not suggest that another member censor their own posts for the sake of the majority of members. Where does that leave the minority? The majority can have open field day with the minority and the minority should wait for the opportunity to react and not initiate? If you are suggesting that care be taken when it comes to comments about Brits or Britain, then that advice should be served up to everyone about every nationality.

Again, I was not bashing Brits or Britain, but I think you, like the FC, takes every inference as an poke. I take offense to the FC for the mere fact that she DOES bash Americans or America every chance she gets. Its a well known fact that she doesn't have much use for most of the world, other than the little one that she lives in, but I, like you, tend to take the bait. My comment about the back-and-forth between you and Chief - I was referring to how constant and ongoing it was and had crossed multiple threads; they were not confined to one or two, but many. I admit that there was ONE thread where the FC and I went on for about 6 pages, but at least it had some entertainment value!

As for the article, the fact that nothing was said as to "motive" your assumption was sooooooooooooo far off base. Yes, you are quite within your rights to say what you want, as can I and everyone else here for that matter.

FYI: when I do a peepee, I do it to leave a mark. :lol:

Of course there are no hard feelings. Unlike some, you and I know that we are not going to agree on everything and can have a difference, discuss it, bury it (and not each other) and move on.

So, I'm moving on now.

You know I still wuv you hon. :wink:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Sep 21, 2009
Ok let's leave it! And for the record I feel strongly that pokes about all nationalities are sensitive areas and should be used carefully, as that's how most of the flame wars here start (I know I was no saint and nor was the Chief, and he's still banging on about arrogance even in this thread, amazing...) ;)
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 21, 2009
Speedhump wrote:Ok let's leave it! And for the record I feel strongly that pokes about all nationalities are sensitive areas and should be used carefully, as that's how most of the flame wars here start (I know I was no saint and nor was the Chief, and he's still banging on about arrogance even in this thread, amazing...) ;)

What's wrong with flame outs anyway :D
Ballbraker
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Sep 21, 2009
I just wonder who is baiting whom. :)
Be fair it wasn't Bora who started that racist stuff in tenth once. Then you are right, she converted it to the regular catfight, the only thing she probably wants from DF.
On the other hand I was here before Bora and you and at that time bashing Americans for instance were the favorite game in this British sandpit. So everybody was happy.
The situation with sandpit has been changed but someone cannot hold its crap inside and contunue speaking about dumb Americans or useless Pakistan.
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Sep 21, 2009
I see. Thanks for the info on DF pre-history. I am all for keeping it fair and stopping the stupid ' I hate xxxxx country' comments. ;)
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 21, 2009
Ballbraker wrote:
Speedhump wrote:Ok let's leave it! And for the record I feel strongly that pokes about all nationalities are sensitive areas and should be used carefully, as that's how most of the flame wars here start (I know I was no saint and nor was the Chief, and he's still banging on about arrogance even in this thread, amazing...) ;)

I don't mind a good fight, but when it's irredeemably racist and/or xenophobic I find it ignorant and tasteless.
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 21, 2009
Bull$cr@p, Bull$cr@p, Bull$cr@p :lol:

Here's my take on it:-

Thou art not great because of ur nationality, thou are inspite of it! :D

Unless ur the Queen of England, Kennedy of USA, Casiraghi of Monaco or Zardari of Pakiland etc etc.
For the rest of us trust you me our countries and policymakers are as different from us as potatoes are to apples!
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 21, 2009
Speedhump wrote:
dresden wrote:NYC is a great place to be if you are from out of town. Next week I'm heading down to visit my cousin who has a pad in Manhattan, on the rim of central park. Should be cool.

If you are a resident of NYC, you will soon realize that the true place to be is actually 'upstate' NY. Although, it's a pretty tight knit community... sometime's money isn't enough :)

Hey where u been boy? Think you can just flounce in here in your frilly nightie, make a few posts and then ballerina off again????

We're here puttin' in the hours and the posts man, come back to us :D

:lol:
Eloquent indeed mate
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 21, 2009
Speedhump wrote:
Ballbraker wrote:

I don't mind a good fight, but when it's irredeemably racist and/or xenophobic I find it ignorant and tasteless.

Fair enough. I was gettign worried this place was full of over sensitive winnies.
Ballbraker
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Sep 21, 2009
It appears the murdered victim is a businesswoman from Dubai. Her name is Andree Bejjani (probably Iranian or of Iranian origin, from the name). She was found naked from the waist down.

Raped then killed? Victim of a love triangle? Who knows?

Here is the NY Times article link to this development:

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/21/nyreg ... rah&st=cse

:!: :?: :?:
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

Sep 22, 2009
Ballbraker wrote:
sage & onion wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:
sage & onion wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:

China? What, time to buy another wife already?

Shut up fool, you don't know me.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Sep 22, 2009
Actually BB if you go back to the first page, it was YOU and Ballbreaker who took it off topic!

Now off you tottle and pick a fight with someone else.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Sep 22, 2009
Ballbraker wrote:
Speedhump wrote:
Ballbraker wrote:

Fair enough. I was gettign worried this place was full of over sensitive winnies.

There are quite a few, they sometimes get burned to a crisp.
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 22, 2009
Tom Jones wrote:It appears the murdered victim is a businesswoman from Dubai. Her name is Andree Bejjani (probably Iranian or of Iranian origin, from the name). She was found naked from the waist down.

Raped then killed? Victim of a love triangle? Who knows?

Here is the NY Times article link to this development:

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/21/nyreg ... rah&st=cse

:!: :?: :?:

As Bora pointed out to me, she was stabbed by a hotel worker who used his key card to enter her room. Nothing was stolen according to another report I read. Seems he was a very quiet guy with a wife and kids. I guess the guy was a pressure cooker just waiting to go off. A sad thing, rather than an example of a crime ridden city.
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 22, 2009
judging by the NYPost article, she (the victim) was not only attractive but also a well connected and respected business woman, who was strangled by an obviously mentally unstable monster. Questions is : how come that after 10 years working there nobody in this posh hotel noticed this and permitted him access to all apartments? Obviously there has to be a better system
in place in checking out those potential killers and mental freaks, when they occupy jobs where trust is required.
macjul
Dubai Forums Member

New Dubai.... Sep 22, 2009
[b] Dubai is really doing well in their economy growth as many people can see and prove. Like having many expensive hotels and largest mall in the world and don't forget the beautiful scenery of their beaches, as well.
And I bet, for the people of Dubai they deserve to know my two (2) new sites I made just for all of the people, most especially with the FOREX enthusiasts and the "wanna be" and who's interested.
forexme
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Sep 22, 2009
Red Chief wrote:I just wonder who is baiting whom. :)
Be fair it wasn't Bora who started that racist stuff in tenth once. Then you are right, she converted it to the regular catfight, the only thing she probably wants from DF.
On the other hand I was here before Bora and you and at that time bashing Americans for instance were the favorite game in this British sandpit. So everybody was happy.
The situation with sandpit has been changed but someone cannot hold its crap inside and contunue speaking about dumb Americans or useless Pakistan.

Ooops.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Sep 22, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:Actually BB if you go back to the first page, it was YOU and Ballbreaker who took it off topic!

Post No. 3 by you: Hey what's new in New York. Daily occurance surely!

I would say that's where it all started (with poor spelling, as usual). And just as a side note - it was New York CITY.

Pick a fight? Chocs, you live for that. It's you way of venting all your negative enery, which we all understand.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Sep 22, 2009
And your point is? Moot as usual! It was a statement and a fact! Point the finger at yourself for a change.

And so what I have issues typing - picking on someone's weak points is sooo big of you!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Sep 22, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:And your point is? Moot as usual! It was a statement and a fact! Point the finger at yourself for a change.

And so what I have issues typing - picking on someone's weak points is sooo big of you!

A statement that I responded to. But we all know where you are coming from FC. You don't make "statements" just to make them, they usually have an underlying purpose, which is your general hatred for everything that exists outside your little world.

That's not the only issue you have. As for the finger, take it out of your nose.

This could all lead to another catfight, and I won't go there. So, to that I say: SHADDUP.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Sep 22, 2009
Why is this topic even being discussed? And yet the grandmother and her 3 grandchildren who died in a fire in Sharjah get zip, nothing, nadda!

Who cares about this?
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Sep 22, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:Actually BB if you go back to the first page, it was YOU and Ballbreaker who took it off topic!

er, no. I simply posted a news story and all of the sudden it turned into a "new york is the worse for crime, etc. etc." and some of us posters noted that neither the stats nor the facts back it up. Just look back.
Ballbraker
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat