In New York.

Ballbraker
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Sep 20, 2009
Can you give us a link to this???
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Sep 20, 2009
Hey what's new in New York. Daily occurance surely!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Sep 20, 2009
Bora Bora wrote:Can you give us a link to this???

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local-be ... 05022.html

There is no name but I hope she is not somebody from your friends or acquaintances.
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Sep 20, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:Hey what's new in New York. Daily occurance surely!

More like hourly
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Sep 20, 2009
Lol

Dear its New Youk, Where killing some1 is rape is very common

New York Crime Rates 1960 - 2008 bellow

http://www.disastercenter.com/crime/nycrime.htm
wishmaster
Dubai Forums Talker

Sep 20, 2009
I bet each of you ^^^ would love to live in New York but cant get a work visa. I would and make no apologies for it.

New York also has 11 million people so per capita it is law crime.
Ballbraker
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Sep 20, 2009
Red Chief wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:Can you give us a link to this???

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local-be ... 05022.html

There is no name but I hope she is not somebody from your friends or acquaintances.

Well if she is Russian, you can count on me not knowing her. And if she is, possible relative of yours?
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Sep 20, 2009

And I'm sure you can name a place where it's not a daily occurrence. Let me guess, the UK? Oh, I'm sorry, they only do little boys there.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Sep 20, 2009
Ballbraker wrote:I bet each of you ^^^ would love to live in New York but cant get a work visa. I would and make no apologies for it.

A slight correction: any kind of visa!!

I love my hometown and so do alot of tourists.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Sep 20, 2009
Bora Bora wrote:Well if she is Russian, you can count on me not knowing her. And if she is, possible relative of yours?

:shock:
I don't get it. Never mind. And Yes, If it happened in Moscow I would be anxious.

Eid Mubarak!
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Sep 20, 2009
Bora Bora wrote:

And I'm sure you can name a place where it's not a daily occurrence. Let me guess, the UK? Oh, I'm sorry, they only do little boys there.

You really are a nasty little piece of work aint ya :x
busa
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 20, 2009
busa wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:

Nasty is as nasty gets. London probably has just as much crime as does New York. :roll: This is someone who takes a swipe at Americans or America every change she gets. For every action, there is a reaction.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Sep 20, 2009
Red Chief wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:Well if she is Russian, you can count on me not knowing her. And if she is, possible relative of yours?

:shock:
I don't get it. Never mind. And Yes, If it happened in Moscow I would be anxious.

Eid Mubarak!

I'm sure you did get it.

Eid Mubarak to you as well.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Sep 20, 2009
Bora Bora wrote:
busa wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:

Nasty is as nasty gets. London probably has just as much crime as does New York. :roll: This is someone who takes a swipe at Americans or America every change she gets. For every action, there is a reaction.

I must confess that i find it hard to believe that London and new york would have the same kinda crime figures purely based on gun ownership,but i aint been to London for years and have never set foot in america so i cant really comment,what gives me the hump is your assumption that paedo crime is rife in the UK or were you implying that only young boys get murderd there ?
busa
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 20, 2009
busa wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:
busa wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:

I must confess that i find it hard to believe that London and new york would have the same kinda crime figures purely based on gun ownership,but i aint been to London for years and have never set foot in america so i cant really comment,what gives me the hump is your assumption that paedo crime is rife in the UK or were you implying that only young boys get murderd there ?

What you may not know is Choc's history when it comes to her bashing America/Americans. If you were aware of it you would understand where my response was coming from, rather than calling me a "nasty piece of work". Maybe my response was harsh, but it was meant for her and her high and mighty attitude that the UK is pristine and a wonderland. FYI I was referring to boys being murdered, which I am sure you are well aware of and was also the point of the thread - about a murder. There was no assumption or implication in my response, just a swat back at her. If you took offense, I apologize. But before you start slinging insults you should get a bigger picture of the people involved.

Forget crime numbers - where isn't there crime?? As for paedo crimes, that has no borders.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Sep 20, 2009
Ballbraker wrote:I bet each of you ^^^ would love to live in New York but cant get a work visa. I would and make no apologies for it.

Sorry to disappoint you but I don’t wanna live anywhere else then Dubai
wishmaster
Dubai Forums Talker

Sep 20, 2009
BB, that's quite laughable considering half my family are American! Didn't know that now did you?! And in many States. And to the other douche - yeah I cn get a visa actually! But not my kinda place so have no intention of wanting to live there.

Been to New York, not my kinda place. Not a big city fan unfortunately.

Er and name a place where this doesn't happen on a daily basis - oh er let me think - anywhere in the UAE!

Unfortunately in places where weapons are freely available, violent crime is pretty much common place and this is true of many major cities around the globe.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Sep 20, 2009
Anyway we can about this story because....... oh it's a Jumeirah hotel, but in NY, so who cares. Doesz it affect us here, er nope.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Sep 20, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:Er and name a place where this doesn't happen on a daily basis - oh er let me think - anywhere in the UAE!

Yeah but every one picks on New York. Somehow I don't believe your bit about not wanting to live in New York - just a hunch. Getting the visa is easy since you seem to be from the UK. Getting a job (and keeping it) my be a another story.
Ballbraker
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Sep 20, 2009
Actually no it's not easy to get a green card if you're British, in fact it's alot harder than many nationalities.

Nope, I've spent alot of time in the US and it's never really appealed to me in the slightest. Big cities freak me out, I'm a small village country girl. The big smoke is defo not for me.

And noooooo people don't always pick on NY at all. There are far worse places.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Sep 20, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:BB, that's quite laughable considering half my family are American! Didn't know that now did you?! And in many States. And to the other douche - yeah I cn get a visa actually! But not my kinda place so have no intention of wanting to live there.

Er and name a place where this doesn't happen on a daily basis - oh er let me think - anywhere in the UAE!

Unfortunately in places where weapons are freely available, violent crime is pretty much common place and this is true of many major cities around the globe.

As fou your "American" side of the family, you made that point a few times.

New York State is vast. New York City is the "central" area. The beauty is that you can live in the country or suburbia and be in the city in no time. I'm sure that's the same as in the UK.

In the US, weapons are NOT freely available. For the legal purchase of a fire arm a background check is done on each person prior to the purchase as well as there being a waiting period is involved. Upon approval and the sale the individual and his/her details are entered into a government registry as a weapons owner. And like any other city, they are also sold from the boot of a car.

I don't live in the city for the mere fact that it is way too expensive. Even if I could afford to live in the city, I would still chose to live outside as it would allow me to "enjoy" all that the city has to offer when I want.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Sep 20, 2009
Bora Bora wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:BB, that's quite laughable considering half my family are American! Didn't know that now did you?! And in many States. And to the other douche - yeah I cn get a visa actually! But not my kinda place so have no intention of wanting to live there.

As for your "American" side of the family, you made that point a few times.

New York State is vast. New York City is the "central" area. The beauty is that you can live in the country or suburbia and be in the city in no time. I'm sure that's the same as in the UK.

In the US, weapons are NOT freely available. For the legal purchase of a fire arm a background check is done on each person prior to the purchase as well as there being a waiting period involved. Upon approval and the sale the individual and his/her details are entered into a government registry as a weapons owner. The NRA has made it very difficult for tighter restrictions to be put on the purchase of firearms. (Half of them are rednecks anyway!!) And like any other city, they are also sold from the boot of a car.

I don't live in the city for the mere fact that it is way too expensive. Even if I could afford to live in the city, I would still chose to live outside as it would allow me to "enjoy" all that the city has to offer when I want.[
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Sep 20, 2009
NYC crime is way down compared to the eighties. Homicides is less than
1000 p.a. now. Its better than many third world mega cities, but cant beat
European Cities in terms of safety.
Fire arms are strictly prohibited within the city limits, even permits for private persons to own a gun is very difficult to get.
Anyone who wants to live there should forget about car ownership and the luxury of having big apartments. Instead you have to deal with the MTA,
cabs and rather smallish apartments, but on the other hand you have world class institutions for education, culture and business within a few miles radius.
macjul
Dubai Forums Member

Sep 20, 2009
Actually London is far worse than New York.

^Guiliani and his zero tolerance made New York as safe palce to live and work.
viking-warrior
Dubai Expat Helper

Sep 20, 2009
Guns don't kill people. People do.
G to tha T
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 20, 2009

I'm with Bora on this one. You must stop your venom against the US. The truth is you were born and raised in Saudi Arabia, have spent all your life in the Middle East. There is absolutely nothing wrong with it. You probably can't even survive in your country, England.
K-Dog
Dubai Expat Helper

Sep 21, 2009
viking-warrior wrote:Actually London is far worse than New York.

^Guiliani and his zero tolerance made New York as safe palce to live and work.

Manhattan has become very safe. Not so sure about Queens, Bronx, projects are projects.

White Plains and most other outer suburbs are just like always, pretty peaceful. I visited Manhattan and White Plains end of last year. No worries at all.

NY State, like Greater London, is BIG, there isn't one brush to paint it all with. Get a grip people.

And yes, no need for a car in Manhattan, everyone walks or Subways, try taking taxis a few times and check the traffic. You'll get fit living on the Island :)
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 21, 2009
Bora Bora wrote:

In the US, weapons are NOT freely available. For the legal purchase of a fire arm a background check is done on each person prior to the purchase as well as there being a waiting period is involved. Upon approval and the sale the individual and his/her details are entered into a government registry as a weapons owner. And like any other city, they are also sold from the boot of a car.

I don't live in the city for the mere fact that it is way too expensive. Even if I could afford to live in the city, I would still chose to live outside as it would allow me to "enjoy" all that the city has to offer when I want.

NYC is a great place to be if you are from out of town. Next week I'm heading down to visit my cousin who has a pad in Manhattan, on the rim of central park. Should be cool.

If you are a resident of NYC, you will soon realize that the true place to be is actually 'upstate' NY. Although, it's a pretty tight knit community... sometime's money isn't enough :)
dresden
Dubai chat master

Sep 21, 2009
dresden wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:

NYC is a great place to be if you are from out of town. Next week I'm heading down to visit my cousin who has a pad in Manhattan, on the rim of central park. Should be cool.

If you are a resident of NYC, you will soon realize that the true place to be is actually 'upstate' NY. Although, it's a pretty tight knit community... sometime's money isn't enough :)

I'm not from upstate Dres, but from Brooklyn. You are going at a really nice time of year. Enjoy!!
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat