Residency Permits Before We Move????

Topic locked
Residency Permits before we Move???? Feb 11, 2006
I plan to buy "freehold" property in Dubai on behalf of my husband/I and I would like to know if its at all possible to obtain his residency WITHIN Dubai. I plan to travel alone and handle the entire real estate purchase on my own along with obtaining residency based on purchasing property. We've seen on several websites that once property is purchased we can apply for residency permits based on our purchase alone. Is it at all possible for me to take care of both our residency permits while I'm still in Dubai???? We'd like to cut costs(ie. travel expenses) and assumed that maybe all relevant permits can be taken care of while I'm still in Dubai. At least I can make sure that residency permits are finalized before my husband decides to travel. I mean we'd sure hate to think that we've purchased property and turns out we cant live in it let alone obtain residency. We'd like to make sure that we have residency permits before making the final move to Dubai. If I can have his pp stamped or a letter stating we have a residency permit we will be well assured that we can start our moving process.

We'd appreciate any helpful tips or advice please contact us at your earliest convenience.

MossyOakMudslinger
Dubai Forum Visitor

Feb 11, 2006
buying a house has nothin 2 do with " immegration n residenct minestry"

consult ur local real estate agent be4 u enter the country b/c if u dont have it . they wount let u in, n it all depends wat country u came from, etc

its not a easy process.

good luck

AD___REP
AD__REP
Dubai Forum Visitor

Feb 11, 2006
I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

If you are buying property on behalf of your husband on an investors residency Visa - you cannot obtain residency for him. Only you can obtain the residency. Even if the propery is in joint names, the male has to apply for residency.
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Feb 11, 2006
and

no it is not possible to obtain residency outside of the country. If you are buying through Emaar, the process takes around 3 weeks.
arniegang

re Feb 12, 2006
That just bites the dust...BIG TIME

I was on the nakheel website and what strikes me as odd is the fact that they state both my husband/myself and any dependents under the age of 18 qualify for a residency permit. But, then again its specifically states "his wife/his dependents" and not worded any differently. Thats so disheartening to hear that only because I was really hoping that we could cut some costs on travel until everything was finalized.
:cry:

Thats just fine because once we do purchase our property we're gonna charge rent up the wazoo. :twisted:
MossyOakMudslinger
Dubai Forum Visitor

Feb 12, 2006
............................Thanks Arnie :D
MossyOakMudslinger
Dubai Forum Visitor

Feb 12, 2006
Sorry to point it out, but best you find out now init.

also Nakheel not got nothing avail till end 2007, thats when my 2 properties are scheduled for completion

Where are/were you thinking of buying?
arniegang

Feb 12, 2006
We're still in the initial stages of looking for "the dream home" considering theres alot of properties to choose from. We've decided to stick with Emaar/Nakheel only because they're the biggest developers in the real estate biz. We dont wanna go to the small fish fry to buy our property. We'll stick to the big whales when it comes to buying something worthwhile. Its hard to actually size up whats the hottest ticket on the block when the websites are so limited. What do u recommend??? Maybe you can share some of your buying tips with us since you've gone thru the process.
MossyOakMudslinger
Dubai Forum Visitor

Feb 12, 2006
I have 2 properties on the Palm Jumeira ( Nakheel ) waiting for completion late 2007 and have completed on 1 Emaar property. If you search on my ID via profile, you will see i have posted much advise.

If you need to ask anything specific, i will be glad to offer my opinion or advice.
arniegang

Feb 12, 2006
will do Arnie....thanks a bunch
MossyOakMudslinger
Dubai Forum Visitor

Feb 12, 2006
your most welcome and good luck
arniegang

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum