Working In Dubai & Supporting Family Back In UK.

Topic locked
Working in Dubai & supporting family back in UK. Aug 31, 2009
Is there anyone on here in this position, its looking like all that glitters isn’t gold. I was over there last week for an interview and now been offered the job, but package is not up to my expectations. It would fund my and families requirements back in UK, but not generate enough cash for savings or even a pension fund for later life.

I know the package would give me & my family a good lifestyle in Dubai and it’s my choice not to take my family over. The reason is due to youngest child still having a couple of year’s education left. Don’t want to take him out when so close to final exams.

Anyone in a similar position?

expatwanabe
Dubai Forums Member

Working Environments in Dubai Sep 04, 2009
Working in Dubai will mean exposure to great working environments and modern, futuristic, spacious, and comfortable office. There are many dining places and the public transportation system is well organized for easy movement in the city.
Dubai offers more entertainment than any city in the world, weather you love shopping or dinning out is your thing Dubai is the place for you. After a hard days work you can take advantage of the buzzing nightlife, sports, fitness and other activities that Dubai is well known for. For the ladies Dubai offers the worlds best at spa’s and saloons and more.
Health care in Dubai is one of the best in the world, people travel from far and wide to take advantage of the medical perfection of doctors in Dubai. With strict licensing by the ‘Ministry of Health‘ Dubai offers many services that are unique to the core like ex: An online portal ‘Doctor-Dubai.com’ it has complete information about all the doctors in Dubai and more.
Thanks
ahmed45
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Sep 04, 2009
Thanks for the reply, but if I did travel over alone at first giving that accomadation including utilities and car was included in package, what sort of money a month would you expect I would need to put aside for food and living expense?
expatwanabe
Dubai Forums Member

Sep 05, 2009
expatwanabe wrote:Thanks for the reply, but if I did travel over alone at first giving that accomadation including utilities and car was included in package, what sort of money a month would you expect I would need to put aside for food and living expense?

Accommodation is the biggest cost in Dubai. If that and your car are included. You should only need to spend 3-4000 dhs per month and you would be living comfortably.
dee7o
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 05, 2009
Thanks again for the info, so you reckon under £1,000 will see me through a month for shopping and genral expense. That's great news, makes the maths work better for a move over.
expatwanabe
Dubai Forums Member

Sep 05, 2009
expatwanabe wrote:Thanks again for the info, so you reckon under £1,000 will see me through a month for shopping and genral expense. That's great news, makes the maths work better for a move over.

Yeah 1000 gbp should be enough if you are sensible with your money.
dee7o
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Working in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Working in Dubai