For Rudeboy - Taking The Quran Out Of 'context'

Topic locked
For rudeboy - taking the Quran out of 'context' Aug 11, 2009
On another thread, 'rudeboy' alleged I took a number of the violent and militant passages in the Koran, the ones which say to attack unbelievers and unbelief, out of context.

So, skipping the introduction, I'll go straight to the violent/militant Quranic passages (with chapter and verse numbers) and try to see what surrounding passages I must have missed that supposedly places the violent/militant passages in their proper 'context'.

Verse 61.009 of the Koran, says that Muhammad's religion will one day conquer other religions:

PICKTHAL: He it is Who hath sent His messenger with the guidance and the religion of truth, that He may make it conqueror of all religion however much idolaters may be averse.

Surah 61 is a short chapter - only 14 verses, so let's start with that one and go from there.

I cannot see which verse in that chapter places the ninth verse into its proper context (whatever that means) other than to come to the conclusion from its straight forward meaning that Muslims are to conquer other religions.

Once rudeboy points out these mystery verses, then I can move onto the next violent verse in the Koran.

freefromrats
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Aug 11, 2009
Expect a call from Catalyst. :roll:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Aug 11, 2009
I just want to know what you want to prove :roll:
catalyst
Dubai chat master

Aug 11, 2009
could you explain more what you are doing ?
catalyst
Dubai chat master

Aug 11, 2009
catalyst wrote:could you explain more what you are doing ?

Good question. Rudeboy asserted that I had taken the Koran's passages, which call for warfare against unbelievers, out of context.

but why dont u paste the whole of the passage instead of just pasting bits from here and there

To my knowledge, I had posted the Koranic passages in their whole, however, rudeboy seems to indicate that I have only partially pasted the violent verses and that the remaining verse actually does not promote what the plain meaning of the verses seem to command.

I have yet to see rudeboy respond in this thread, so the ball is really in his court now.

And as far as I can tell, the surrounding verses from the passage I quoted from (context) do not provide any different interpretation either. It would be interesting to note whether or not Islam and the Koran teach Muslims to wage wars and carry out terrorist attacks (3:151) or if Islam is really the religion of peace and I've simply read bad translations of the Koran.
freefromrats
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Aug 11, 2009
Hey body .. this does not work ..
catalyst
Dubai chat master

Aug 11, 2009
freefromrats wrote:
catalyst wrote:could you explain more what you are doing ?

Good question. Rudeboy asserted that I had taken the Koran's passages, which call for warfare against unbelievers, out of context.

but why dont u paste the whole of the passage instead of just pasting bits from here and there

To my knowledge, I had posted the Koranic passages in their whole, however, rudeboy seems to indicate that I have only partially pasted the violent verses and that the remaining verse actually does not promote what the plain meaning of the verses seem to command.

I have yet to see rudeboy respond in this thread, so the ball is really in his court now.

And as far as I can tell, the surrounding verses from the passage I quoted from (context) do not provide any different interpretation either. It would be interesting to note whether or not Islam and the Koran teach Muslims to wage wars and carry out terrorist attacks (3:151) or if Islam is really the religion of peace and I've simply read bad translations of the Koran.

Freefromrats, if your concious is pure and clean and you do not have a anti-islam agenda, I suggest you read the Quran yourself and then you read the correct translations of the Quran.

I would luv to sit here and proove you wrong. But honestly speaking I dont have the time and in my opinion ppl who have already made their mind up that they will hate Islam from day one, are not willing to learn about Islam. In fact they want to come on the forum and just spread hate and anger towards islam.

If you truely want to learn and understand Islam you should read the whole Quran from the first chapter rather then reading it from here and there.

In short Islam is the religion of peace. In the Middle East, Christians, Hindus, Etc live Peacefully amongst Muslims. If Islam was all about Jihad then dont you think christians minorities would have been wiped out from countries such as lebanon, jordan, syria, kuwait, Iraq etc?

Even in the western world you have muslims living amongst ppl of other religions. Do you see Muslims killing hindus or Christians on the roads of London or New York? If Islam was all about Jihad, dont you think UK would be in a bloodbath right now?

Like I said read the Quran and read its true translations. You have visited some websites which are anti-islam and you have posted their translations.

If you want to learn about Islam and the Quran, I will be more then willing to help you. But this is only if from day one your mind and your hearth is pure & clean and you dont have any other agendas.

so the ball is in your court now ;)
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 11, 2009
I totally agree to what rudeboy just said . Please don't be like those guys whose logic is the same as the Dutch lawmaker Geert Wilders (the maker of the movie Fitna). They assume prophet muhammad was a terrorist and quran is like Hitler's book Mein Kampf and from that point onward, all the activities they see of islam, they find a terrorist or Hitler has done the same thing, confirming their first premise. Needless to say, with that logic others have called Jesus Christ a homosexual, Moses a murderer, Nelson Mandela a terrorist leader, and Gandhi a peace breaker. As time progresses, the truth unravels, but for a human being it is easy to live an entire life period being immersed in falsehood. :roll:
catalyst
Dubai chat master

Aug 11, 2009
rudeboy wrote:If Islam was all about Jihad then dont you think christians minorities would have been wiped out from countries such as lebanon, jordan, syria, kuwait, Iraq etc?

Really? Christian minorities are diminishing fast in Arab/Muslim countries. Mohammed started this ethnic cleansing with making the Arabian Peninsula Judenrein (or did Mohammed also misinterpret the Quran?). After 1948 Jews were practically ethnically cleansed from all Arab countries. Now it seems in a lot Arab countries its the Christians turn. But still, its all the evul Djoos fault, right? The world would be a better place if Hitler finished his job, right Rudeboy???
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 11, 2009
Play the game, Ruddy. Stop lame excuses about incorrect translation, speaking in general etc.
Ball is still on your side, you know that.
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Aug 11, 2009
Flying Dutchman wrote:
rudeboy wrote:If Islam was all about Jihad then dont you think christians minorities would have been wiped out from countries such as lebanon, jordan, syria, kuwait, Iraq etc?

Really? Christian minorities are diminishing fast in Arab/Muslim countries. Mohammed started this ethnic cleansing with making the Arabian Peninsula Judenrein. After 1948 Jews were practically ethnically cleansed from all Arab countries. Now it seems in a lot Arab countries its the Christians turn. But still, its all the evul Djoos fault, right? The world would be a better place if Hitler finished his job, right Rudeboy???

Christian minorities are diminishing fast in arab/muslim countries. and do you have facts and figures to back your argument. if so please paste the link so that everyone can read it.

2ndly I can say the same about how Palestinian Muslims and Christians are being wiped out from Palestine by the jews ;). I can also go on and say how the muslims are being treated in China ;). I can go on and on about how Muslims are being wiped out from states of India such as Gujarat and how muslim women and girls are raped and killed by the hands of Indian forces in Jammu Kashmir. I can go on and on how muslims are being cleansed in Chechyneya and how they were cleansed in countries such as Kosovo. and how late USA was to react to it and how they brought to trial some serbian leaders for their crimes against muslims.

I Can go on. but i am not here to play the blame game and this post is not about the blame game either, in fact its about Islam and the Quran. so FD post another thread and start your own buddy ;)
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 11, 2009
Flying Dutchman wrote: The world would be a better place if Hitler finished his job, right Rudeboy???

not a huge difference between Hitler, Bush, Blair or even your new American president. They all were good at sweet talking so that they could get votes and get into powerful positions. And they all were responsible for killing many ppl. So I dont think it would have mattered if the world would have been a better place if Hitler finished his job, because still today, on earth there are millions of ppl suffering from death, war, crime, shortage of food and now the new disease called swine flu ;)
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 11, 2009
rudeboy wrote: I can go on and on how muslims are being cleansed in Chechyney.

:roll: :roll: :roll:
Pls. give a little more details from this place. You hardly find a single Christian there nowadays.
Did you lay one more egg? :wink:
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Aug 11, 2009
Rats here is the translation of surah 61:9

(61:9) He it is Who has sent forth the Messenger with the Guidance and the True Religion that He may make it prevail over all religion, however those that associate aught with Allah in His Divinity might dislike this.

instead of making it easier for all of you and tell you what this means and what this implies too. I will ask RATS to do abit research and see what he comes up with, (guessing it will be some anti-islam crap since he doesnt know where to look ;) ).
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 11, 2009
There are two things people will never agree on: politics and religion.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Aug 11, 2009
Bora Bora wrote:There are two things people will never agree on: politics and religion.

i agree but I think that if a person wants to learn about some religion he should have a clear mind and heart.

I also think that religion and politics and sports should not be mixed :D
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 11, 2009
rudeboy wrote:in fact its about Islam and the Quran.

Show me one Islamic scolar, Imaam, Shaikh, mullah whatever who says that the goal of Islam isn´t world hegemoney, that Islam shouldn´t conquer the world?

Mohammed and his successors were engaged in Holy offensive Jihad. The Ottoman Empire was all about Holy offensive Jihad. Were they bad Muslims? Did they misinterpret the Quran and the Sunnah?
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 11, 2009
No one says that goal of Islam is world hegemoney except you . There is no such offensive Jihad my friend . Define Jihad first . Study Jihad goals . Then compare it with others did - you know what I mean - .
catalyst
Dubai chat master

Aug 11, 2009
rudeboy wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:There are two things people will never agree on: politics and religion.

i agree but I think that if a person wants to learn about some religion he should have a clear mind and heart.

A clear mind and heart doesn't mean they have to agree with what they are being told. Religion is a matter of interpretation. The three holy books that are generally referred to: the Quran, the Holy Bible, the Torah, were all written and delivered in a different time. Much of what they contain suited the times they were in. Much of what they contain is outdated for the times we live in now. What was acceptable then, without question, is not acceptable now, which has been questioned because we as people have evolved. If you take the best from each holy book, you would find there are many similarities in all of them, and those similarities are what mankind should practice, and it would be by far a better world that we live in.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Aug 11, 2009
catalyst wrote:No one says that goal of Islam is world hegemoney except you .

So, you couldn´t come up with one Islamic scolar hey? Just say so instead of trying to obfuscate.

catalyst wrote: There is no such offensive Jihad my friend . Define Jihad first . Study Jihad goals

Ok, I looked up fard al-kifaya.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 11, 2009
@BB
Amen but I don't think that that soup will be eatable.
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Aug 11, 2009
Bora Bora wrote:
rudeboy wrote:

A clear mind and heart doesn't mean they have to agree with what they are being told. Religion is a matter of interpretation. The three holy books that are generally referred to: the Quran, the Holy Bible, the Torah, were all written and delivered in a different time. Much of what they contain suited the times they were in. Much of what they contain is outdated for the times we live in now. What was acceptable then, without question, is not acceptable now, which has been questioned because we as people have evolved. If you take the best from each holy book, you would find there are many similarities in all of them, and those similarities are what mankind should practice, and it would be by far a better world that we live in.

Hey Bora , It is stated clearly in Holy Quran - if you read - that it was sent for all human kinds muslims and non-muslims for all times including our time . You have to have clear mind and heart to in order not to verify your pre-judgment about anything . You just have to be fair . :wink:
catalyst
Dubai chat master

Aug 11, 2009
Hey BB you could watch that documentry on google vid called Children of Abraham. Shot in Palestine, it's preminitions are startling, in a good way. Check it out, if you have the time. It's really long. I only managed to finish a part 1 and a lil of part 2.
Well I don't knw about other religions, but the original dead sea scrolls based on which The Bible was written are open to public. For increased coverage these scrolls are online too. The very original scrolls.
So there is absolutely no room for mis intrerpratation.
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 11, 2009
Flying Dutchman wrote:
rudeboy wrote:in fact its about Islam and the Quran.

Show me one Islamic scolar, Imaam, Shaikh, mullah whatever who says that the goal of Islam isn´t world hegemoney, that Islam shouldn´t conquer the world?

Mohammed and his successors were engaged in Holy offensive Jihad. The Ottoman Empire was all about Holy offensive Jihad. Were they bad Muslims? Did they misinterpret the Quran and the Sunnah?

the goal of Islam is not world take over by FORCE. It is a religion of peace. you have to read the Quran from the first chapter to understand the laws of life. As a non-muslim you will find some of the Sharia laws strange but thats because you havent read the Quran. If you start to read a book from the middle or near the end, you will only confuse yourself since you dont know what happened in the earlier chapters.

Thats why I suggest to read the Quran yourself rather then copying and pasting things from websites that cant be trusted.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 11, 2009
catalyst wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:
rudeboy wrote:

Hey Bora , It is stated clearly in Holy Quran - if you read - that it was sent for all human kinds muslims and non-muslims for all times including our time . You have to have clear mind and heart to in order not to verify your pre-judgment about anything . You just have to be fair . :wink:

Well you and Rudeboy are determined to prove your positions on Islam. Telling other people to have a clear mind and heart to see it your way is a bit of a contradiction wouldn't you say?

And as I said, those books suited the times. They were written for the now and then. None of those who wrote the holy books were visionaries. If they were, they would have seen the future and something different would have been written.

Why should I focus on the dark side of a religion when there is so much to be said on the good side? You, like I can, can have our own interpretation of what we read. I doubt that you live and breath by the book.

Maybe you think it's OK to strap a bomb on a girl that is mentally unequipped to understand what is being done to her in the name of Islam, with the purpose of killing innocent people, but I don't. Those people who do such things are doing it in the name of Islam, because that is the interpretation of the Quran that was indoctrinated in them by someone or people who are full of hate. We all know the difference between good and bad, but it is only the weak mind of a weak person that can be convinced that such actions are justified.

I really don't need for you to keep telling me how I should perceive what is written. I have seen enough hypocrites from all religions, but the most hypocracy I have seen is here in the UAE. Ramadan is coming and they come out in full force.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Aug 11, 2009
Bora Bora wrote:
catalyst wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:
rudeboy wrote:

Well you and Rudeboy are determined to prove your positions on Islam. Telling other people to have a clear mind and heart to see it your way is a bit of a contradiction wouldn't you say?

And as I said, those books suited the times. They were written for the now and then. None of those who wrote the holy books were visionaries. If they were, they would have seen the future and something different would have been written.

Why should I focus on the dark side of a religion when there is so much to be said on the good side? You, like I can, can have our own interpretation of what we read. I doubt that you live and breath by the book.

Maybe you think it's OK to strap a bomb on a girl that is mentally unequipped to understand what is being done to her in the name of Islam, with the purpose of killing innocent people, but I don't. Those people who do such things are doing it in the name of Islam, because that is the interpretation of the Quran that was indoctrinated in them by someone or people who are full of hate. We all know the difference between good and bad, but it is only the weak mind of a weak person that can be convinced that such actions are justified.

I really don't need for you to keep telling me how I should perceive what is written. I have seen enough hypocrites from all religions, but the most hypocracy I have seen is here in the UAE. Ramadan is coming and they come out in full force.

The problem with you guys you don't ever read . Don't just read what other thinks about Quran and Islam . You need to read the Quran yourself and think with your own mind . Read the Quran as unity . Don't just read what you like or dislike .Then you can make judgment that based on sight .
Bora , from that comment , I can tell that you didn't ever read Quarn . Quran come from Allah , not just written by human beings . Ramdhan is coming and you should know that the first verse in Quran was in Ramdhan . :roll:
catalyst
Dubai chat master

Aug 11, 2009
Bora Bora wrote:
catalyst wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:
rudeboy wrote:

The problem with you guys you don't ever read . Don't just read what other thinks about Quran and Islam . You need to read the Quran yourself and think with your own mind . Read the Quran as unity . Don't just read what you like or dislike .Then you can make judgment that based on sight .
Bora , from that comment , I can tell that you didn't ever read Quarn . Quran come from Allah , not just written by human beings . Ramdhan is coming and you should know that the first verse in Quran was in Ramdhan and it says " READ ! ". :roll:
catalyst
Dubai chat master

Aug 11, 2009
catalyst wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:
catalyst wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:
rudeboy wrote:

Bora , from that comment , I can tell that you didn't ever read Quarn . Quran come from Allah , not just written by human beings . Ramdhan is coming and you should know that the first verse in Quran was in Ramdhan and it says " READ ! ". :roll:

Stop preaching Catalyst. You don't know what I have read or haven't read. I use free thinking in forming my opinions. You should try it someday. The Quran was delivered to Prophet Mohammed (PMUH), who in turn wrote the messages he received, or is it that don't you understand that part or are you telling me something that someone else put in your head.

The difference between me and you is that I converted to Islam, you on the other hand were born into it. Do you think I made that decision blindly? Greater is the choice. If I interpreted Islam the way you do, I probably would have never gone in that direction.

I have had enough of this discussion with you. To continue will only cause friction, which I would like to avoid. But, just a little advice, when you push something down someone's throat, they always spit it out and it leaves a sour taste! Stop pushing your views, and stop critizing those who don't share them.

End of discussion.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Aug 11, 2009
Bora Bora wrote:The Quran was delivered to Prophet Mohammed (PMUH), who in turn wrote the messages he received

Mohammed was illiterate, he never wrote anything down, let alone the Quran.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 11, 2009
Bora Bora wrote:
catalyst wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:
catalyst wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:
rudeboy wrote:

Stop preaching Catalyst. You don't know what I have read or haven't read. I use free thinking in forming my opinions. You should try it someday. The Quran was delivered to Prophet Mohammed (PMUH), who in turn wrote the messages he received, or is it that don't you understand that part or are you telling me something that someone else put in your head.

The difference between me and you is that I converted to Islam, you on the other hand were born into it. Do you think I made that decision blindly? Greater is the choice. If I interpreted Islam the way you do, I probably would have never gone in that direction.

I have had enough of this discussion with you. To continue will only cause friction, which I would like to avoid. But, just a little advice, when you push something down someone's throat, they always spit it out and it leaves a sour taste! Stop pushing your views, and stop critizing those who don't share them.

End of discussion.

Its OK . I don't want to discuss with you anymore .. :roll:
catalyst
Dubai chat master

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk