Salary Expectations

Topic locked
Salary expectations Feb 02, 2006
Hello,

I'm looking into relocating to Dubai.
What would be an average salary for a marketing director with 10years international experience, Master in Marketing and MBA graduate?

Any other tips on life in Dubai compared to London are welcome!
Many thanks!

Bubbles

bubbles
Dubai Forum Guest

Feb 04, 2006
Marketing in what field? Hotels, advertising etc?

Plus salary can very much be based on nationality too.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Feb 04, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:Plus salary can very much be based on nationality too.

While this might have been true 5 years ago, i think its less of a practice right now. Especially at multinationals.
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

thanks! Feb 06, 2006
I'm a belgian national, so EU citizen. I have a broad marketing experience in airlines/tourism, the car industry and the entertainment industry.

I would be lookign for a marketing position in the entertainment sector; tv, film, music and publishing.

many thanks!!!
bubbles
Dubai Forum Guest

Feb 16, 2006
Actually experience taught me that here they do not believe in professional marketing(i am a marketing MBA also). You need to choose one among those industries and focus on them or prepare 3 or 4 CVs outlining each industry seperately and then send the CV accordingly. They still are in the marketing What phase and not to whom. Its industry/product oriented and not consumer oriented target marketing.

So a cv for the automobile industry category, another for entertainment, another for tourism and so on.
Thebigmo
Dubai Forum Visitor

to the bigmo Feb 16, 2006
Thanks for the tip!

Can you also advise on salary expectations?

many thanks!
bubbles
Dubai Forum Guest

posting in Dubai Job WantedForum Rules

Return to Dubai Job Wanted