Basic Human Dignity ?

Topic locked
Jul 21, 2009
Red Chief wrote:Double post
Can't describe how sorry I am!

Leda
Dubai Forums Talker

Jul 21, 2009
silent wrote:poor she,,, she sounds new to the country and mayb didnt think it will go that bad.

wat is the situation f she was raped will the police belive this?? or they will tell her that she should told them in the same mint??

If she was raped it is a completely different situation and the police will deal with it accordingly.

Like I said, it is a sad case - there's no denying it, but unfortunately she did break the law.

I am still wondering why and how she kept this quiet for 9 months. That could explain a lot.
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 21, 2009
bushra21 wrote:
Leda wrote:Bushra, read some books on the subject of imagination: helps narrow minded. Millions die because of ones like u, who struggle to understand that there is one God and those are religions that devide us. How convinient it is not to question the circumstances and yourself, just to follow the instructions, not even guidelines: no responsibilities beard. Very comfortable for hypocrites and cowards.

First off, I am anything but narrow minded.
Sweetheart, I admit you are much better educated than I am, not even feeling ashamed of that. As we say, education doesn't make you smarter, it just broadens your horisons. Just want to mention one little thing: I DO NOT kick fallen ones, even Hindus, or whoever they are. Sorry, do not have more time to waste for brainwashed teenagers as I have to leave for work - the work I love and which, I hope makes some people, educated and not, "of the book" and not, happy.
P.S.: No idea what the books are on the imagination subject - never needed them. Use google.
Leda
Dubai Forums Talker

Jul 21, 2009
I think this post will go to the "religious section" soon.

To Leda: Don't read my words literaly. IMHO having kids is a natural right of every woman.

There could be a different situation in life. I know a woman who is almost 40 and so it's probably the last time for her to have a healthy baby. For some reason nobody wants to marry her.
I don't think that any law stops her from having a baby even out of marriage.
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Jul 21, 2009
Leda wrote:Sweetheart, I admit you are much better educated than I am, not even feeling ashamed of that. As we say, education doesn't make you smarter, it just broadens your horisons. Just want to mention one little thing: I DO NOT kick fallen ones, even Hindus, or whoever they are. Sorry, do not have more time to waste for brainwashed teenagers as I have to leave for work - the work I love and which, I hope makes some people, educated and not, "of the book" and not, happy.
P.S.: No idea what the books are on the imagination subject - never needed them. Use google.

I'm not a teenager and have no idea where you got that idea from(perhaps you yourself are one and are simply projecting your own feelings of self-hatred and inadequacy onto me) -- nor am I brainwashed or any of the other remarks you continue to make concerning my personality, beliefs, or knowledge.

It is apparent that I am better educated than you since only someone of your caliber could comprehend my posts in the manner you have.

As for the rest of your post and kicking fallen ones and what not, well, I have no idea what you are trying to say. Just out of curiosity, of all the religions you could have chosen to reference, why Hinduism - is there something you'd like to say?
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 21, 2009
)))))))Hahaha, swap it fr Buddhism, if it makes u feel better. Chiao! Running away. sorry.
Leda
Dubai Forums Talker

Jul 21, 2009
Leda wrote:
bushra21 wrote:
If she wants to have the baby, by all means let her - but it's still against the law here for an unmarried woman to give birth outside special circumstances.

If she followed her God, she would be following her religion and as far as I'm aware most religions are against relations outside of marriage - and again, it's still against the law here to have a child out of wedlock.
Bushra, read some books on the subject of imagination: helps narrow minded. Millions die because of ones like u, who struggle to understand that there is one God and those are religions that devide us. How convinient it is not to question the circumstances and yourself, just to follow the instructions, not even guidelines: no responsibilities beard. Very comfortable for hypocrites and cowards.

@ Leda- so the way you're discussing the topic makes open-minded and creative???

There's a person here who can be your perfect match. Misery Called Life. You two will make a perfect couple. You both share the same miserable insecure personality.
Metaphor79
Dubai Expat Helper

Jul 21, 2009
Leda wrote:)))))))Hahaha, swap it fr Buddhism, if it makes u feel better. Chiao! Running away. sorry.

In order for me to feel better I'd have had to feel bad in the first place - sorry to burst your bubble, but your posts don't affect me much. I'm just amazed at your continually decreasing level of incompetence...
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 21, 2009
interesting discussion that I have been following as I was lurking. However, couldnt resist taking part. I was born into a muslim family too; what leda means by 'brainwashing' is when you are sort of bombarded from all sides by one version i.e that of Islam being the ONLY and ONLY right path to follow as you go through life. You sort of start to really believe that might be true. But it isnt of course. There was a time before Islam. There are other realities to the one we have been brought up to believe is cast in stone. The important thing is to understand the importance of upholding human dignity and decency. That should be the overriding principle. Throughout the world millions of children are being born to unmarried women, and nobody bats an eyelid. In a muslim country, it becomes a criminal offence.
zonker
BANNED

Jul 21, 2009
zonker wrote:interesting discussion that I have been following as I was lurking. However, couldnt resist taking part. I was born into a muslim family too; what leda means by 'brainwashing' is when you are sort of bombarded from all sides by one version i.e that of Islam being the ONLY and ONLY right path to follow as you go through life. You sort of start to really believe that might be true. But it isnt of course. There was a time before Islam. There are other realities to the one we have been brought up to believe is cast in stone. The important thing is to understand the importance of upholding human dignity and decency. That should be the overriding principle. Throughout the world millions of children are being born to unmarried women, and nobody bats an eyelid. In a muslim country, it becomes a criminal offence.

Because as you said dear, it is a Muslim country meaning it follows the Islamic law (shariaa) which clearly forbids unmarried women to bear children.

I understood what she was referring to in regards to me being 'brainwashed'. I think I have proven my point otherwise - just because I believe/practice a certain religion or do not contest certain (unpopular as they may be) laws of a country does not make me brainwashed.

I do, however, feel extremely sorry for those who are unable to make decisions on such things on their own and even a little disgusted by those who relentlessly enforce their beliefs on others without allowing them other options.

Just because we may not like or agree with what happened in this case, I feel I have to repeat for what may be the millionth time THIS IS THE LAW OF THIS COUNTRY, SHE BROKE THE LAW AND IN TURN IS RESPONSIBLE FOR WHAT IS TO COME.

Added:

The law and religion hold that relations before marriage and consequently an unmarried woman to not bear a child for that very reason: to maintain her dignity. While it may seem absurd to many of us, especially in these times, that a woman as well as a man's dignity is somehow linked to their virtue, that is what the case is here. We may not like it, we may not agree with it, but that is what it is.

Everyone has, and is entitled to their own beliefs and opinions, what is right or wrong, or what they want to do - but in the end of the day they also have to follow the laws of the country that they reside in if they want to fulfill a less, i guess you could say problematic life.
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 21, 2009
Metaphor79 wrote:
Misery Called Life wrote:Metaphor, you are fast becoming the community clown. Quit rambling!
And no that's not anger, it's simply me mocking you!

Your vocabulary seems alrit on the surface, but most of the words you spit out are absolutely out of context.

I apologize for the inappropriate use of vocabulary.

So in the comfort of your home or office away from any personal or face to face encounter, you’re the strong guy on the forum; you mock, attack and insult others. You feel confident and really someone to be feared. Can’t blame you, after all you’re in charge in here, nobody can mess with you. Man! that must feel real good, right? Please tell me more about it.

Do you live in a dollhouse, with a babysitter? You call this aggression? What if someone were to come after you in a LandCruiser with tinted windows? What if you were confronted by 10 goons? The panzy in you would yelp like a girl. And you talk about a face to face encounter. HA!

Listen you imbecile, I'm reasoning with you. That incorporates the use of words and intellect. Now it's evident that mindless blabbering and whining your good at, Reasoning and intellect is definitely not your forte.
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 21, 2009
Metaphor79 wrote:@ Leda- so the way you're discussing the topic makes open-minded and creative???

There's a person here who can be your perfect match. Misery Called Life. You two will make a perfect couple. You both share the same miserable insecure personality.

If your not capable of constructive argument, do refrain from commenting!
Oh wait that was a cheap low blow!
First you crib about others making useless insulting arguments, but you seem no different. Hypocrite!
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 21, 2009
I think before passing judgement people need to understand the socio-political demographics of society in the Middle East and UAE in particular.

At times no matter how liberal everything may seem, we need to abide by the laws of the land. UAE is a relatively nascent society. Give it time and it will evolve. People will eventually realize it's faster to build buildings than for social-political demographics to evolve.
As expats it's in our best interests that we understand that.

Bushra thought's are those of reason and logic. A sign of changing times.

Personally I feel that children and marriage need not be cohesive.
A women can only give birth until a certain age. There are biological limitations. Marriage can always come later!
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 21, 2009
Bushra, I understand what you are saying; of course it is the law of the land, and must be followed, but it can be followed in a way as to uphold human dignity. Imagine the child born to the woman, what kind of a future does it have in an islamic country?
Moreover, these things are happening with increasing regularity in muslim societies..
zonker
BANNED

Jul 21, 2009
zonker wrote:Bushra, I understand what you are saying; of course it is the law of the land, and must be followed, but it can be followed in a way as to uphold human dignity. Imagine the child born to the woman, what kind of a future does it have in an islamic country?
Moreover, these things are happening with increasing regularity in muslim societies..

The law and religion hold that relations before marriage and consequently an unmarried woman to not bear a child for that very reason: to maintain her dignity. While it may seem absurd to many of us, especially in these times, that a woman as well as a man's dignity is somehow linked to their virtue, that is what the case is here. We may not like it, we may not agree with it, but that is what it is.
:)
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 21, 2009
Well, its my bedtime here in Vancouver, so I must bid you good night! And of course you are right there Bushra, only I was a little perturbed at the behavior of the police, but I hasten to add I have seen a lot worse than this....
zonker
BANNED

Jul 21, 2009
Misery Called Life wrote:
Metaphor79 wrote:
Misery Called Life wrote:Metaphor, you are fast becoming the community clown. Quit rambling!

Your vocabulary seems alrit on the surface, but most of the words you spit out are absolutely out of context.

So in the comfort of your home or office away from any personal or face to face encounter, you’re the strong guy on the forum; you mock, attack and insult others. You feel confident and really someone to be feared. Can’t blame you, after all you’re in charge in here, nobody can mess with you. Man! that must feel real good, right? Please tell me more about it.

Do you live in a dollhouse, with a babysitter? You call this aggression? What if someone were to come after you in a LandCruiser with tinted windows? What if you were confronted by 10 goons? The panzy in you would yelp like a girl. And you talk about a face to face encounter. HA!.

Alright this is getting very interesting. So tell me dude, how was it like for your in school, were you bullied, molested, even raped? I'm serious here, you're gonna be a part of my thesis.
Metaphor79
Dubai Expat Helper

Jul 21, 2009
Metaphor79 wrote:
Alright this is getting very interesting. So tell me dude, how was it like for your in school, were you bullied, molested, even raped? I'm serious here, you're gonna be a part of my thesis.

Ok sorry to intervene but those things are not a joke, even though you say you are being serious you use it in a condescending tone and it is extremely disrespectful not only to those who have gone through that but to the people who know individuals that experienced this as well.

If you have a problem with him I suggest you both act like adults and take this off the public forums.

It's extremely disgusting when I see individuals who are capable of expressing themselves in better ways choose to stoop so low... :x

Cut it out!

If you have no further remarks on the discussion pertaining to the OP then stop commenting here.
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 21, 2009
bushra21 wrote:
Metaphor79 wrote:

Ok sorry to intervene but those things are not a joke, even though you say you are being serious you use it in a condescending tone and it is extremely disrespectful not only to those who have gone through that but to the people who know individuals that experienced this as well.

If you have a problem with him I suggest you both act like adults and take this off the public forums.

It's extremely disgusting when I see individuals who are capable of expressing themselves in better ways choose to stoop so low... :x

Cut it out!

If you have no further remarks on the discussion pertaining to the OP then stop commenting here.

@Bushra- That wasn't a joke. I'm really serious. I'm trying to figure out why he behaves in that way. Pretending to be mature and sophisticated but once provoked, his real personality surfaces. He's really a part of my thesis now.
Metaphor79
Dubai Expat Helper

Jul 21, 2009
Metaphor79 wrote:
Metaphor79 wrote:

Do you live in a dollhouse, with a babysitter? You call this aggression? What if someone were to come after you in a LandCruiser with tinted windows? What if you were confronted by 10 goons? The panzy in you would yelp like a girl. And you talk about a face to face encounter. HA!.

So, the incoherence on your part continues. And to assume such crimes exist in society would lead me to two assumptions, 1) you have as much imagination as a hollywood movie, gossip magazine, 2) you may have come from such a tormented society. Considering your disoriented frame of mind, it would come as no surprise.

Thesis and you? what a waste of time and money. I'm sure you've probably just hijacked the word thesis and dumped in your sentances.
BTW Which university in UAE offers Phds?

So do you pick all your case studies over a couple of lines on an internet forum? Liar!
Sorry to dissapoint you, but it's your personality that's surfacing. Sly and Condascending and Oh so fake!
On the other hand I'm an open book!
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 21, 2009
Metaphor79 wrote:
Metaphor79 wrote:

So, the incoherence on your part continues. And to assume such crimes exist in society would lead me to two assumptions, 1) you have as much imagination as a hollywood movie, gossip magazine, 2) you may have come from such a tormented society. Considering your disoriented frame of mind, it would come as no surprise.

Thesis and you what a waste of time and money. I'm sure you've probably just hijacked the word thesis and dumped in your sentances.
BTW Which university in UAE offers Phds?

Dude, I'm damn serious, your behavior is very interesting. You know what, your username caught my attention in the first place. You can email me, I promise you complete privacy. I don’t wanna even know who you are, just let me find out how you ended up like this.
Metaphor79
Dubai Expat Helper

Jul 21, 2009
Metaphor79 wrote:
@Bushra- That wasn't a joke. I'm really serious. I'm trying to figure out why he behaves in that way. Pretending to be mature and sophisticated but once provoked, his real personality surfaces. He's really a part of my thesis now.

STOP IT! ENOUGH! IF YOU CANNOT HAVE A CIVILIZED DEBATE WITH HIM PERTAINING TO THE OP THEN DON'T POST. YOUR COMMENTS WERE EXTREMELY DISTASTEFUL AND UNCALLED FOR.

IF YOU WANT TO GET TO KNOW HIM THEN DO IT VIA PM'ING AND NOT ON THE PUBLIC FORUM, STOP HIJACKING THREADS, AND STOP USING FALSE ARGUMENTS TO SUPPORT YOUR TACTLESS POST.

If you were truly conducting a thesis on this subject you wouldn't have approached him in the manner you did! Do not insult my intelligence by offering some rebuttal and just cut it out!
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 21, 2009
Metaphor79 wrote:
bushra21 wrote:
Metaphor79 wrote:

Cut it out!

:lol: :lol: Whadya think Bushra was born yesterday? Case study comprising few lines of an internet forum. HA! Which world do you think we live in? And who on earth would buy such a haphazard case study?
Seriously do you even know the meaning of the word thesis?
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 21, 2009
@Misery Called Life- Can I send you a very short questionnaire? Again I promise you complete privacy. PROMISE!
Metaphor79
Dubai Expat Helper

Jul 21, 2009
Metaphor79 wrote:Dude, I'm damn serious, your behavior is very interesting. You know what, your username caught my attention in the first place. You can email me, I promise you complete privacy. I don’t wanna even know who you are, just let me find out how you ended up like this.

Oh it's my username that got to you eh? :lol:
Well it's tailor made to incite a reaction from shallow people like you. :lol:

Oh plz send in your questionnaire. This should be fun. Answered offcourse, it's a two way street.
So which university and for what is your case study?

I'll be waiting for your questionnaire!
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 21, 2009
I think there is some job for Sage now.

It's a pity because the post has attracted big audience.
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Jul 21, 2009
bushra21 wrote:
Metaphor79 wrote:

STOP IT! ENOUGH! IF YOU CANNOT HAVE A CIVILIZED DEBATE WITH HIM PERTAINING TO THE OP THEN DON'T POST. YOUR COMMENTS WERE EXTREMELY DISTASTEFUL AND UNCALLED FOR.

IF YOU WANT TO GET TO KNOW HIM THEN DO IT VIA PM'ING AND NOT ON THE PUBLIC FORUM, STOP HIJACKING THREADS, AND STOP USING FALSE ARGUMENTS TO SUPPORT YOUR TACTLESS POST.

If you were truly conducting a thesis on this subject you wouldn't have approached him in the manner you did! Do not insult my intelligence by offering some rebuttal and just cut it out!

I apprecaite your comments. It started in a different way.
Metaphor79
Dubai Expat Helper

Jul 21, 2009
Red Chief wrote:I think there is some job for Sage now.

It's a pity because the post has attracted big audience.

Hopefully he can just delete the posts in question rather than moving it :x
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 21, 2009
Metaphor79 wrote:Dude, I'm damn serious, your behavior is very interesting. You know what, your username caught my attention in the first place. You can email me, I promise you complete privacy. I don’t wanna even know who you are, just let me find out how you ended up like this.

Oh it's my username that got to you eh? :lol:
Well it's tailor made to incite a reaction from shallow people like you. :lol:

Oh plz send in your questionnaire. This should be fun. Answered offcourse, it's a two way street.
So which university and for what is your case study?

I'll be waiting for your questionnaire!

Thank you :) . I'll PM you that
Metaphor79
Dubai Expat Helper

Jul 21, 2009
It's a shame that the OP's point has been buried under this mess of acrimony! :D

UaeKid, you should read again and note that it was not even close to being a UAE bashing post, it puts the actions of the hospital in a good humanitarian light (and they do have to operate within the laws of the country), but does question the statements of the police.

The OP highlighted the fact the the police said the woman should have been turned away from the hospital without care. If the quote is true, this demand surely was contrary to the most basic of human rights and no hospital should comply. Forget the law for just a second. Whatever crime someone has committed (and having a child outside wedlock IS a crime in the UAE, whatever one's views on it) isn't that person entitled to receive basic life saving care? As a forward looking nation I can't believe that the rulers of the UAE would stand behind this statement of the police?

Even murderers/drunk drivers are admitted to hospital for care, aren't they?
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat