Daily Traffic Madness - Let's Ducument Our Road Rages

Topic locked
Re: Fresh out Jul 11, 2009
Do you, guys, have shift work to jump on me?

Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Jul 11, 2009
^^^Always the victim. boo hoo hoo :sad10:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Jul 11, 2009
LOL cant believe ppl are actually writing about their road rage experience.

Seriously ppl, I dont think everyone is interested in knowing how you swear more before you get to work than most gangsta rappers do all day. or because there was lack of a more effective weapon, you find yourself threatening other drivers with the cigarette lighter. or you bloody stopped wearing pants in the car to make it easier to moon tailgaters :D

sheesh get on with ur life ppl.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 12, 2009
Any suggestion what2write abt ?

My concern is why people can’t understand that they are not gonna gaining anything by aggressive attitude N risk less driving. Life is precious after all N there is no way back if ever u click the wrong side of the life
:roll:
love4peace
Dubai Forum User

Jul 12, 2009
Bora Bora wrote:
Captain Australia wrote:Hey, I saw my first live accident today. Guess what? It was caused by an idiot driver who thought they were invincible.

I was on SZR towards dubai almost into Dubai when this idiot tries to sneak through a gap between my car and the car in front and the next lane to me. He obviously misjudged it and when he realised there was no gap he ended up smashing into the car in front of me.

We were doing probably 120-130 and he was probably going 160+. He did end up hitting the car fairly square on so luckily the car he hit was able to just stop safely. But the idiot in the other car swerved back into the fast lane and started fishtailing very close to the barrier. It was a miracle he didn't hit it. There was not much traffic so he manage to stop safely too.

Here is a diagram :-)

If could just image if he had tried for the gap and taken out the front of my car and the back corner of the other one.

What an idiot. I hope he gets charged with reckless driving. I gave the guy he hit my phone number in case he needs a witness or anything.

Not many people would stop to give a number and volunteer to make a statement. I saw a car go through a red light and hit a taxi and you can see that the taxi driver thought it was all over for him. I went back to where to accident happened, waited with taxi driver for about 1/2 hour, no police, so gave him my number with the driver who caused the accident standing near us and told the driver to make sure he told the truth because the taxi driver could call me as a witness.

Thumbs up to you Capt and BoraBora. Not many people do that in this part of the world.
gcarlin37
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: Fresh out Jul 12, 2009
Red Chief wrote:It sounds like culture clash.

In Germany to change the lane you need to turn on an indicator only.
Imediately after that the car besides you is slowing down and you change the lane. If some foreigner (like me :)) don't give the way after indicator, German is getting angry and anyway is trying to change the lane.

Probably your guy was a tourist who just arrived to Dubai. :)

RC, You know what will happen if that is the norm here. (Giving way immediately on indication)

No body (or read no one from certain countries) will wait in queue to an exit :lol: . All of them will just indicate (or may not even bother to do so) and get in the queue as near as possible to the exit. All who abide by the rules will wait and wait in the queue forever.
:oops:
gcarlin37
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

It's a culture clash as I said, but the situation is not so hopeless and it has being changed gradually.
For example in Sharjah near Safir Mall, the toughest place in terms of traffic, motorists are getting given the way to the pedestrians. A few years ago I couldn't imagine that.
As for me I always give way people on any pedestrian crossing and a car that wants to change lane. For impatient motorist, who horns behind me in these cases, I always have my middle finger up.
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Red Chief wrote:As for me I always give way people on any pedestrian crossing and a car that wants to change lane. For impatient motorist, who horns behind me in these cases, I always have my middle finger up.

I agree with you in that we should give way to a car which wants to change the lane. But what about the guys who try to sneak into the queues at the very beginning? I feel giving way to such an arrogant guy, is an offence to the people patiently awaiting their turn.

Is showing finger a good idea? I heard you could land up in jail for doing that.
gcarlin37
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jul 20, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:If I was driving my old car, built a bit like a tank, I would just slam on the brakes and let the tail gaters hit the back of me, teach them a lesson. But not in my shiny new car.

Maybe I could come up with some sort of pie throwing device, that launches custard pies onto their windscreen instead.

No need to slam on your brakes. Just pull the Head light lever & see the effect on the vehicle behind you. :twisted:
Skele
Dubai Forum Guest

Jul 20, 2009
Misery Called Life wrote:Well Desert Dude a recent survey counducted had made it rather clear that the bulk of the accidents were caused by Indians, Pakistanis and Arabs.

According to the stats, apart from the Brits, Westerners are quite ok on the road.

Getting hassled on the road thankfully has been a rarity for me. Although the above mentioned incident was a first. And I wasn't pleased at the very least.

I don't think it's right to keep blaming nationalities for accidents.....It's individuals. And with globalisation and the way the world is becoming flat, to keep blaming nationalities for everything is just gonna get retarded!

Statistics are like clay. You mould as you need. The percentage of Expats from India, Pakistan are a few times higher than other nationalities. Most of the Pakistanis arriving here are on the driver visa. So the percentage of accident from these communities are larger. Consider the stat with the percentage of the people from other countries. Calculate on the same level of the expats from India & Pakistan. You will see the wonder of statistics then
Skele
Dubai Forum Guest

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat