Think Twice Before You Send Your Family Member To Australia

Topic locked
  • Reply
Jun 01, 2009
So as well as Brits and Aussies being racist, Indians being corrupt and also like cockroaches, Filipinos are stupid. Your list of racist comments grows wonderfully for a non-racist. ;)

Readers can go to the 'Muslim mother excluded from school' thread if they are wondering what this is about. Or not....it's pretty boring.

Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot
User avatar
Posts: 4262

  • Reply
Jun 03, 2009
Misery Called Life wrote:I've been reading about these attacks in the media and I've come away a little confused.
50,000 Indian students in Melbourne alone. A handful have fallen prey to outrageous racially motivated attacks. The perpetrators I presume are arrested.
So what is the hue and cry about. Read blogs before the incident everyone was fine with Melbourne. Things were OK! Then the incident takes place, it becomes a political issue in India and the next thing you know tens of thousands are vilifying the Oz.
There was a huge Indian rally in Melbourne yesterday. None of the speakers had any apparent problems prior to the attacks. They had issues with the media not highlighting the issue enough. In fact that was their main plank.Ridiculous!
This IS A ONE OFF INCIDENT. 50,000 live peacefully year round why the noise?
Send a 100 whites to India and 10 will come back raped. You don't see massive protests and rallies then. Because everyone realizes that a few miscreants cannot hold an entire community liable. When a crime against a foreign national happens in India and justice is so hard to come by, Indian foreign minister always use the population card. We are a billion people, few are damaging the good name of our society blah blah. Then the cops will come out with a statement maligning the victims character.
Just a few weeks back a Russian teen was found raped and murdered in Goa. Few months prior to that a German teen and few months prior to that A Brit teen was gang raped and murdered. There are countless incidents.
This is nothing but politicization. Indians see that they are so many of them and they take recourse in their huge numbers.
The incident need to be condemned, but straining the image of a beautiful country like Australia over one incident? Is uncalled for.
I condemn the incidents, I also condemn the uncivil Indian protests. I will say this, there is an issue which has to be tackled. There has to be a constructive way out of this!



misery ... hope someone gets you with a petrol bomb or throws u under a train or u prefer the Screwdriver .. :wink: ... and then would love to hear u say the same thing... "This IS A ONE OFF INCIDENT. 50,000 live peacefully year round.. why the noise?" ... :)

and it is not a ONE OFF INCIDENT ... do ur homework .. :)

no one is saying that all Aussie's are racists .... there are definitely great people there ... Cappy for instance :)... but it's a problem that people are facing there and it needs to be addressed.

and lastly, you think just coz Indians were a lot in number... they had the rally get a kick out of it... ?????? :)

"Until the problem starts affecting YOUR life... it's never a big deal" :)
rahulwitty
Dubai Forums Frequenter
Posts: 101

  • Reply
Jun 03, 2009
rahulwitty wrote:misery ... hope someone gets you with a petrol bomb or throws u under a train or u prefer the Screwdriver .. :wink: ... and then would love to hear u say the same thing... "This IS A ONE OFF INCIDENT. 50,000 live peacefully year round.. why the noise?" ... :)

and it is not a ONE OFF INCIDENT ... do ur homework .. :)

no one is saying that all Aussie's are racists .... there are definitely great people there ... Cappy for instance :)... but it's a problem that people are facing there and it needs to be addressed.

and lastly, you think just coz Indians were a lot in number... they had the rally get a kick out of it... ?????? :)

"Until the problem starts affecting YOUR life... it's never a big deal" :)


Blah Blah Blah RW, as usual you will blindly follow the crowd!

Lets wait and watch. Ultimately the exodus from Australia if there is any should paint a true story!

Offcourse in the meantime we can continue with our peaceful protests

http://www.thepunch.com.au/articles/thi ... t-of-hand/

http://blogs.news.com.au/heraldsun/andr ... conscious/
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot
User avatar
Posts: 3033

  • Reply
Jun 03, 2009
Misery Called Life wrote:
rahulwitty wrote:misery ... hope someone gets you with a petrol bomb or throws u under a train or u prefer the Screwdriver .. :wink: ... and then would love to hear u say the same thing... "This IS A ONE OFF INCIDENT. 50,000 live peacefully year round.. why the noise?" ... :)

and it is not a ONE OFF INCIDENT ... do ur homework .. :)

no one is saying that all Aussie's are racists .... there are definitely great people there ... Cappy for instance :)... but it's a problem that people are facing there and it needs to be addressed.

and lastly, you think just coz Indians were a lot in number... they had the rally get a kick out of it... ?????? :)

"Until the problem starts affecting YOUR life... it's never a big deal" :)


Blah Blah Blah RW, as usual you will blindly follow the crowd!

Lets wait and watch. Ultimately the exodus from Australia if there is any should paint a true story!

Offcourse in the meantime we can continue with our peaceful protests

http://www.thepunch.com.au/articles/thi ... t-of-hand/

http://blogs.news.com.au/heraldsun/andr ... conscious/


The exodus? Really? You think most of those 50 thousand Indian students are going to give up their degrees because of this? I highly doubt it mate.

Australia is a relatively safe country, but we still have our fair share of muggings and random beatings. I've been assaulted a few times by random strangers (usually drunks) and I've been mugged once, and I'm a 6'4" white guy. So 'easy targets' like an Indian student, new to the country getting the train home late I would expect to have a fair number of muggings statistically. So I'm guessing that a lot of these attacks are just that, opportunistic crime.

That doesn't mean it's right, I'm just looking at the underlying factors. And it doesn't absolve the Police and University for not tackling the problem.

But clearly some of these are purely racist attacks. I think maybe the racists thugs of Melbourne got sick of trying to attack the Lebanese (and getting their arses kicked) so they're going for an easier target. But they're not too bright these racist types, so who knows what's going through their little brains.

ALSO - That Andrew Bolt blog you linked to - What an idiot. That's what I mean when I say some Australians get way too defensive about being called racist. What wrong with saying "I'm not racist, but yes, there are racist people in Australia"
Captain Australia
Dubai chat master
User avatar
Posts: 849
Location: Radelaide

  • Reply
Jun 03, 2009
Misery Called Life wrote:
rahulwitty wrote:misery ... hope someone gets you with a petrol bomb or throws u under a train or u prefer the Screwdriver .. :wink: ... and then would love to hear u say the same thing... "This IS A ONE OFF INCIDENT. 50,000 live peacefully year round.. why the noise?" ... :)

and it is not a ONE OFF INCIDENT ... do ur homework .. :)

no one is saying that all Aussie's are racists .... there are definitely great people there ... Cappy for instance :)... but it's a problem that people are facing there and it needs to be addressed.

and lastly, you think just coz Indians were a lot in number... they had the rally get a kick out of it... ?????? :)

"Until the problem starts affecting YOUR life... it's never a big deal" :)


Blah Blah Blah RW, as usual you will blindly follow the crowd!

Lets wait and watch. Ultimately the exodus from Australia if there is any should paint a true story!

Offcourse in the meantime we can continue with our peaceful protests

http://www.thepunch.com.au/articles/thi ... t-of-hand/

http://blogs.news.com.au/heraldsun/andr ... conscious/




"Blah Blah Blah" ?????? i can't really argue with that.. :)

hmmm.... first off .... did u even understand what i wrote ?

i am not saying that Australians are all racists .... have i ? I did not even mention "racism" in my post as the problem... :) and moreover, the attackers are people from other countries as well .... which most likely would have been "opportunistic attacks" ... :) hell, even i would be robbed in India if a situation arose... hehe

Racism exists everywhere you go .... even in India .... that's a part of life ..... but there is a limit when it comes to people getting injured and killed.

Neither do i advocate violent rallies... whatever the cause may be ... but yes, I definitely do advocate "peaceful" rallies and people should stand up against injustice, their rights and their beliefs.

This is definitely a PROBLEM affecting people (not just indians) there... and if they finally decide to do something about it ... then it's a good thing ... why are you getting so worked up over that ? :)

If this was a small issue.... why are the Leaders from both countries getting into it... why would the media give it so much importance ? Maybe you should enlighten them about how small the issue is ... :)

Read both the links that you have posted... both of them openly admit that these people are victimised there ... the only doubts raised is "why" ?

Misery, when YOU need to have to worry about being abused, stabbed, robbed and physically assulted while walking down the street or even while sitting at ur own home ... then only would you know what they are going thru .... :)

Andrew Bolt .. sounds like an idiot ... he is "naturally sympathetic to the cause" .... but it's all "baseless" ... lol .... sigh !!!
rahulwitty
Dubai Forums Frequenter
Posts: 101

  • Reply
Jun 03, 2009
rahulwitty wrote:"Blah Blah Blah" ?????? i can't really argue with that.. :)

hmmm.... first off .... did u even understand what i wrote ?

i am not saying that Australians are all racists .... have i ? I did not even mention "racism" in my post ... :) and moreover, the attackers are people from other countries as well ....

Racism exists everywhere you go .... even in India .... that's a part of life ..... but there is a limit when it comes to people getting injured and killed.

Neither do i advocate violent rallies... whatever the cause may be ... but yes, I definitely do advocate "peaceful" rallies and people should stand up against injustice, their rights and their beliefs.

This is definitely a PROBLEM affecting people (not just indians) there... and if they finally decide to do something about it ... then it's a good thing ... why are you getting so worked up over that ? :)

If this was a small issue.... why are the Leaders from both countries getting into it... why would the media give it so much importance ? Maybe you should enlighten them about how small the issue is ... :)

Read both the links that you have posted... both of them openly admit that these people are victimised there ... the only doubts raised is "why" ?

Misery, when YOU need to have to worry about being abused, stabbed, robbed and physically assulted while walking down the street or even while sitting at ur own home ... then only would you know what they are going thru .... :)


You such an opportunistic debater. You agree with me, yet to curse and rant. What a stupid way to make an argument:-

rahulwitty wrote:misery ... hope someone gets you with a petrol bomb or throws u under a train or u prefer the Screwdriver


Anyways apart from your diatribes you seem to agree with me!

So I guess that's that. End of discussion!

Oh and yea Indian leaders made a big deal about Big Brother as well, yet they are so cautious to label LTTE a terrorist organization , I think everyone knows how opportunistic they are!
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot
User avatar
Posts: 3033

  • Reply
Jun 03, 2009
Misery Called Life wrote:
rahulwitty wrote:"Blah Blah Blah" ?????? i can't really argue with that.. :)

hmmm.... first off .... did u even understand what i wrote ?

i am not saying that Australians are all racists .... have i ? I did not even mention "racism" in my post ... :) and moreover, the attackers are people from other countries as well ....

Racism exists everywhere you go .... even in India .... that's a part of life ..... but there is a limit when it comes to people getting injured and killed.

Neither do i advocate violent rallies... whatever the cause may be ... but yes, I definitely do advocate "peaceful" rallies and people should stand up against injustice, their rights and their beliefs.

This is definitely a PROBLEM affecting people (not just indians) there... and if they finally decide to do something about it ... then it's a good thing ... why are you getting so worked up over that ? :)

If this was a small issue.... why are the Leaders from both countries getting into it... why would the media give it so much importance ? Maybe you should enlighten them about how small the issue is ... :)

Read both the links that you have posted... both of them openly admit that these people are victimised there ... the only doubts raised is "why" ?

Misery, when YOU need to have to worry about being abused, stabbed, robbed and physically assulted while walking down the street or even while sitting at ur own home ... then only would you know what they are going thru .... :)


You such an opportunistic debater. You agree with me, yet to curse and rant. What a stupid way to make an argument:-

rahulwitty wrote:misery ... hope someone gets you with a petrol bomb or throws u under a train or u prefer the Screwdriver


Anyways apart from your diatribes you seem to agree with me!

So I guess that's that. End of discussion!

Oh and yea Indian leaders made a big deal about Big Brother as well, yet they are so cautious to label LTTE a terrorist organization , I think everyone knows how opportunistic they are!



lol .... pulling one line and quoting me out-of-context is a very sly move .. and where is the line right after that ???? :)

"misery ... hope someone gets you with a petrol bomb or throws u under a train or u prefer the Screwdriver .. Wink ... and then would love to hear u say the same thing... "This IS A ONE OFF INCIDENT. 50,000 live peacefully year round.. why the noise?" ... "


and nooooooo ...... i do not agree with the way you think ... and when did i "curse and rant" ?????? .. lol ... why do u get so worked up when someone does not agree with you ??????? :)

lol ... Big Brother is a stupid TV show (which i have never bothered to watch !!) ... have it ever occured to you that it was done as part of PR to promote the show ????? ....plssssss !!! ... on so many shows celebrities have used racial slurs by mistake or on purpose... and that became a big hype ... for eg. recent Britain's Prince Harry made some racial remark ..... who really cares about that ??????... lol ... that does not bother u, but when an Indian is involved you are all guns ... lol

and LTTE ... is not a terrorist organisation ???? ... :) what are they then ? Do your homework before shooting your mouth off ... they did not start off as one but ended up as one.. :)
rahulwitty
Dubai Forums Frequenter
Posts: 101

  • Reply
Jun 03, 2009
Well I kinda have to agree with MCL on this. These kinds of things happen the world over and there is normally no rhyme or reason for it, other than those doing the attacks, simply don't like you.

But yes you do have a reputation for rallying and protersting at the drop of a hat and burning effigies of people for no real reason. Does that help the issue to villify everyone and tar everyone with the same brush? No not really. Yet you let horrific atrocities occur in your own country, like women having acid thrown over them, being mutilated etc and do nothing.

Why don't you concentrate on the issues in your own back yard and let the authorities in Australia deal with the issues there.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005
User avatar
Posts: 12829

  • Reply
Jun 03, 2009
rahulwitty wrote:lol .... pulling one line and quoting me out-of-context is a very sly move .. and where is the line right after that ???? :)

"misery ... hope someone gets you with a petrol bomb or throws u under a train or u prefer the Screwdriver .. Wink ... and then would love to hear u say the same thing... "This IS A ONE OFF INCIDENT. 50,000 live peacefully year round.. why the noise?" ... "


and nooooooo ...... i do not agree with the way you think ... and when did i "curse and rant" ?????? .. lol ... why do u get so worked up when someone does not agree with you ??????? :)

lol ... Big Brother is a stupid TV show (which i have never bothered to watch !!) ... have it ever occured to you that it was done as part of PR to promote the show ????? ....plssssss !!! ... on so many shows celebrities have used racial slurs by mistake or on purpose... and that became a big hype ... for eg. recent Britain's Prince Harry made some racial remark ..... who really cares about that ??????... lol ... that does not bother u, but when an Indian is involved you are all guns ... lol

and LTTE ... is not a terrorist organisation ???? ... :) what are they then ? Do your homework before shooting your mouth off ... they did not start off as one but ended up as one.. :)


Do I have to spell out everything for you? Sheesh

rahulwitty wrote:If this was a small issue.... why are the Leaders from both countries getting into it... why would the media give it so much importance ? Maybe you should enlighten them about how small the issue is ... :)


To which I replied

Misery Called Life wrote:Oh and yea Indian leaders made a big deal about Big Brother as well, yet they are so cautious to label LTTE a terrorist organization , I think everyone knows how opportunistic they are!



To which you replied
rahulwitty wrote:lol ... Big Brother is a stupid TV show (which i have never bothered to watch !!) ... have it ever occured to you that it was done as part of PR to promote the show ????? ....plssssss !!! ... on so many shows celebrities have used racial slurs by mistake or on purpose... and that became a big hype ... for eg. recent Britain's Prince Harry made some racial remark ..... who really cares about that ??????... lol ... that does not bother u, but when an Indian is involved you are all guns ... lol


rahulwitty wrote:and LTTE ... is not a terrorist organisation ???? ... :) what are they then ? Do your homework before shooting your mouth off ... they did not start off as one but ended up as one.. :)


Did I deny that the LTTE is not a terrorist organization. Did I praise Big Brother?
I merely pointed out to the opportunistic and petty ways of the Indian government after you brought the topic up. The Aussie government will naturally reply after the hue and cry made by the Indian gov.

And why would I quote you out of context? in both your posts you make a veiled reference hoping that such misfortune fall upon others. I merely pointed it out.

So before you shoot your mouth off, I suggest you first read and understand my posts!
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot
User avatar
Posts: 3033

  • Reply
Jun 03, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:Well I kinda have to agree with MCL on this. These kinds of things happen the world over and there is normally no rhyme or reason for it, other than those doing the attacks, simply don't like you.

But yes you do have a reputation for rallying and protersting at the drop of a hat and burning effigies of people for no real reason. Does that help the issue to villify everyone and tar everyone with the same brush? No not really. Yet you let horrific atrocities occur in your own country, like women having acid thrown over them, being mutilated etc and do nothing.

Why don't you concentrate on the issues in your own back yard and let the authorities in Australia deal with the issues there.




chocoholic.... firstly, i clearly said that i do not advocate violent rallies .... do u want me to repeat that again ? :)

moreover, this buring effigies happened in India.... not in Australia .. :) In Australia, what happened were 2 seperate peaceful rallies :) So basically what you are talking about happened in "our backyard", so in ur own words ... you don't have to concentrate on those issues ... hehe ... :)

women having acid thrown on them... mutilation ??????..lol.. which country does not have all these crimes against society ?????? may i ask which PERFECT country do u come from ? :)

MY POINT IS ....... the people who conducted PEACEFUL rallies in Australia did it for a reason, coz they were worried for their OWN LIVES ... they have a valid reason ... and let them do what they think will help ......

why are you and Misery getting worked up over that ???? :)

Like you said, "Why don't you concentrate on the issues in your own back yard and let the authorities in Australia deal with the issues there." It's none of ur friggin business either :)



http://www.expressindia.com/latest-news ... ks/468749/

http://www.expressindia.com/latest-news ... ia/470080/
rahulwitty
Dubai Forums Frequenter
Posts: 101

  • Reply
Jun 03, 2009
Misery Called Life wrote:
rahulwitty wrote:lol .... pulling one line and quoting me out-of-context is a very sly move .. and where is the line right after that ???? :)

"misery ... hope someone gets you with a petrol bomb or throws u under a train or u prefer the Screwdriver .. Wink ... and then would love to hear u say the same thing... "This IS A ONE OFF INCIDENT. 50,000 live peacefully year round.. why the noise?" ... "


and nooooooo ...... i do not agree with the way you think ... and when did i "curse and rant" ?????? .. lol ... why do u get so worked up when someone does not agree with you ??????? :)

lol ... Big Brother is a stupid TV show (which i have never bothered to watch !!) ... have it ever occured to you that it was done as part of PR to promote the show ????? ....plssssss !!! ... on so many shows celebrities have used racial slurs by mistake or on purpose... and that became a big hype ... for eg. recent Britain's Prince Harry made some racial remark ..... who really cares about that ??????... lol ... that does not bother u, but when an Indian is involved you are all guns ... lol

and LTTE ... is not a terrorist organisation ???? ... :) what are they then ? Do your homework before shooting your mouth off ... they did not start off as one but ended up as one.. :)


Do I have to spell out everything for you? Sheesh

rahulwitty wrote:If this was a small issue.... why are the Leaders from both countries getting into it... why would the media give it so much importance ? Maybe you should enlighten them about how small the issue is ... :)


To which I replied

Misery Called Life wrote:Oh and yea Indian leaders made a big deal about Big Brother as well, yet they are so cautious to label LTTE a terrorist organization , I think everyone knows how opportunistic they are!



To which you replied
rahulwitty wrote:lol ... Big Brother is a stupid TV show (which i have never bothered to watch !!) ... have it ever occured to you that it was done as part of PR to promote the show ????? ....plssssss !!! ... on so many shows celebrities have used racial slurs by mistake or on purpose... and that became a big hype ... for eg. recent Britain's Prince Harry made some racial remark ..... who really cares about that ??????... lol ... that does not bother u, but when an Indian is involved you are all guns ... lol


rahulwitty wrote:and LTTE ... is not a terrorist organisation ???? ... :) what are they then ? Do your homework before shooting your mouth off ... they did not start off as one but ended up as one.. :)


Did I deny that the LTTE is not a terrorist organization. Did I praise Big Brother?
I merely pointed out to the opportunistic and petty ways of the Indian government after you brought the topic up. The Aussie government will naturally reply after the hue and cry made by the Indian gov.

And why would I quote you out of context? in both your posts you make a veiled reference hoping that such misfortune fall upon others. I merely pointed it out.

So before you shoot your mouth off, I suggest you first read and understand my posts!




hmm ... listen carefully.... students are getting attacked there as we speak ..... so there is a reason for the "hue and cry by the Indian Govt" ... :)

http://www.expressindia.com/latest-news ... ia/470080/


and i do not wish it upon anyone else (stop putting words in my mouth) ... all i said is, i would love to hear ur opinion IF something would have happened to you personally ????? :) maybe after that... you would learn to be a lil more empathatic for a fellow human...

I think you learned a new word today "opportunistic" ... coz i see u use it non-stop... lol

Please stop resorting cheap tricks of bringing new meaning to what i am saying (in both your posts you make a veiled reference hoping that such misfortune fall upon others) ... stick to the subject ... :)

and honestly, what does Big Brother have to do with something remotely important ????? ... lol
rahulwitty
Dubai Forums Frequenter
Posts: 101

  • Reply
Jun 03, 2009
I think you should be renamed RahulDimwit

I brought up big brother to highlight the fact that the Indian government made a hue and cry about that as well. You just can't take everything they say seriously, because by and large their actions are politically motivated.

You have failed to understand the crux of the issue.

No one denies the fact that the incidents were outrageous. But you need to understand that these issues happen, in every country(as you pointed out) and are resolved Internally!
If India wanted to voice their concern it could have been done in a civil way. Because India-Australia relations go far. And by and large relations have been warm and cordial.
The Indian media as you should know by now, loves a scapegoat. It's business for them. You guys always succumb to their over the top sensationalist journalism.
If your so concerned about human right violations then you must condemn atrocities against foreigners in India as well. Racism faced by African students in India. Racism faced by students from Nepal and Manipur and other North Indian states?
Delhi Police handbook handbook for North East students
I'm sure you're aware of the racial chants Aussie Aborigine cricket Andrew Symonds was subjected to by Indian fans.
But I doubt you'll bother condemning any of the above issues. You are simply an opportunistic debater.

This peaceful rally your talking about, took place in Federation Square, Melbourne's city hub, bringing life to a standstill. They blocked traffic, vandalized public property and eventually 18 were detained. So much for peaceful rallies. The Aussie police showed considerable restraint as the rally was brought to an end after the overnight protest. These things are commonplace in India, rioting, ransacking public property and incurring considerable losses to the state exchequer. Your probably right on one count, by Indian standards they were peaceful, But don't expect Australia to tolerate such nonsense.
The simple fact is that the Aussie government stands for equality. Indians want preferential treatment because of their large numbers. That's why there is a veiled message: watch out or we'll take our business elsewhere.

http://www.ndtv.com/news/diaspora/dont_ ... ndians.php

http://www.cricketfizz.com/cricketblog/ ... ers-please
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot
User avatar
Posts: 3033

  • Reply
Jun 03, 2009
Misery Called Life wrote:BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH



you sound like a Tourism agent promoting AUstralia. At the same time you sound like a Pakistani politican vilifying India. Jack of all trades - master of none
michaeldubai
Dubai forums Addict
User avatar
Posts: 321

  • Reply
Jun 03, 2009
At the end of the day one can only hope that the grievances of the students are addressed.
Racism needs to be tackled. And lets hope that unnecessary politicization can be averted.
And as of now we can only pray for the victim battling for life and hope justice is rendered.

But I'm curious...
How will things play out? Will there be a fall in students enrolling? Will they be a rise in student transfers from Australia elsewhere? Will the Indian government put it's money where it's mouth is and issue some sort of travel advisory warning regarding future students in Australia? Not that it may be necessary at all, But considering the hype, Just how far will the government go? Or will it just be all talk?
Which is actually what I presume. The matter will die down, the government will have won a few brownie points and everything will go back to normal.
So let's wait and watch!

Cos if one remembers only recently Australia issues a travel warning to Australians against going to India. Even the Aussie Davis Cup team forfeited their Indian leg which supposed to be held in Chennai.
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot
User avatar
Posts: 3033

  • Reply
Jun 03, 2009
Misery Called Life wrote:But I'm curious...
How will things play out? Will there be a fall in students enrolling? Will they be a rise in student transfers from Australia elsewhere? Will the Indian government put it's money where it's mouth is and issue some sort of travel advisory warning regarding future students in Australia? Not that it may be necessary at all? But considering the hype? Just how far will the government go? Or will it just be all talk?

Cos if one remembers only recently Australia issues a travel warning to Australians against going to India. Even the Aussie Davis Cup team forfeited their Indian leg which supposed to be held in Chennai.


I know you were just pondering here, but I thought I'd put things into a little perspective regarding travel warnings. Hereare some of the listings on the Australian travel advisory website about India.

  • On 26 November 2008, a series of coordinated terrorist attacks targeting places frequented by Westerners occurred in Mumbai. Over 170 people were killed and more than 300 were injured. Australians were among the casualties. Further attacks cannot be ruled out.

    or
  • We advise you to exercise a high degree of caution in India at this time because of the high risk of terrorist activity by militant groups.

    or
  • We advise you not to travel to the state of Jammu and Kashmir, other than to the Ladakh region via Manali, or by air to the regions main city of Leh, due to frequent armed clashes and terrorist activities.


We have our problems, but come on?
Captain Australia
Dubai chat master
User avatar
Posts: 849
Location: Radelaide

  • Reply
Jun 03, 2009
Dude just last month Australia refused to send their Davis Cup team to India.

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/tennis ... id=4098182

Look every country has their reservations and their own problems. I'm NOT debating that.

My bone of contention is with RahulWitty, that the Indian Government and media are blatantly politicizing the issue, just to win a few brownie points.
It's all talk and most likely nothing will come off it.

As of now we can only wait and watch!
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot
User avatar
Posts: 3033

  • Reply
Jun 03, 2009
Misery Called Life wrote:Dude just last month Australia refused to send their Davis Cup team to India.

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/tennis ... id=4098182

Look every country has their reservations and their own problems. I'm NOT debating that.

My bone of contention is with RahulWitty, that the Indian Government and media are blatantly politicizing the issue, just to win a few brownie points.
It's all talk and most likely nothing will come off it.

As of now we can only wait and watch!


Yeah, I was just pointing out the reasons behind the Australian travel warning about India, and how you could hardly say they were political. (not that you were saying that, I'm just throwing more information out there)

As to what you're saying, I agree, wait and see.
Captain Australia
Dubai chat master
User avatar
Posts: 849
Location: Radelaide

  • Reply
Jun 03, 2009
rudeboy wrote:
puppypup wrote:
rudeboy wrote:guess the brits and aussies are alike when it comes to racism ;)

"An Englishman, an Irishman and an Australian walk into a bar.
The barman says, "Is this some kind of bloody joke?"


I don't get it. Is the barman from Pakistan?


u r philipino so i dont blame u :D


I don't get it? Who's Filipino? The barman? I'm of English and Irish ancestry rudeboy but don't get the joke....must be centuries of distance from my English colonial ancestors original homeland.
puppypup
Dubai Expat Helper
Posts: 606

  • Reply
Jun 03, 2009
puppypup wrote:
rudeboy wrote:
puppypup wrote:
rudeboy wrote:guess the brits and aussies are alike when it comes to racism ;)

"An Englishman, an Irishman and an Australian walk into a bar.
The barman says, "Is this some kind of bloody joke?"


I don't get it. Is the barman from Pakistan?


u r philipino so i dont blame u :D


I don't get it? Who's Filipino? The barman? I'm of English and Irish ancestry rudeboy but don't get the joke....must be centuries of distance from my English colonial ancestors original homeland.


Please don't derail another thread with this crap. We're talking about Aussie racism. And yes, I'm talking to both of you.
Captain Australia
Dubai chat master
User avatar
Posts: 849
Location: Radelaide

  • Reply
Jun 03, 2009
^Leave me alone. He said something hurtful so I fought back. I contributed in the beginning of the thread. I've gone through abuse on this forum being racially abused because I stand up for having European ancestry and not being Asian even if I woke up tomorrow morning looking like Jackie Chan.

I originally said I liked Australia and didn't encounter racism but YOU make me wonder if Australia was just an illusion.
puppypup
Dubai Expat Helper
Posts: 606

  • Reply
Jun 03, 2009
Fair enough. I'm a racist.

Let's continue.
Captain Australia
Dubai chat master
User avatar
Posts: 849
Location: Radelaide

  • Reply
Jun 04, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:Well I kinda have to agree with MCL on this. These kinds of things happen the world over and there is normally no rhyme or reason for it, other than those doing the attacks, simply don't like you.

But yes you do have a reputation for rallying and protersting at the drop of a hat and burning effigies of people for no real reason. Does that help the issue to villify everyone and tar everyone with the same brush? No not really. Yet you let horrific atrocities occur in your own country, like women having acid thrown over them, being mutilated etc and do nothing.

Why don't you concentrate on the issues in your own back yard and let the authorities in Australia deal with the issues there.


Thats a pretty dumb statement. just because acid attacks on women occur in their country doesnt mean that their govt is liable to sit quiet over its citizens being abused in another. You're justifying the "racist" attack through an unrelated event.

Face it - Australians have been in trouble time and again especially in sports (i.e. cricket) and this is a well known fact. their racist comments on the field are common.
michaeldubai
Dubai forums Addict
User avatar
Posts: 321

  • Reply
Jun 04, 2009
michaeldubai wrote:Face it - Australians have been in trouble time and again especially in sports (i.e. cricket) and this is a well known fact. their racist comments on the field are common.


True, but please don't judge a whole country based on some meatheads who can swing a piece of wood quite well. Sportsmen aren't famous for their intelligence.

Just know this. There are racist people in Australia, BUT, racial discrimination is illegal and can carry heavy penalties. There are many options open to someone who is vilified because of their race and the media is free to report on all such incidences. I admit the government and police have a way to go on these issues, but the systems are in place to deal with it. We just need to admit there is a problem and start dealing with it.

That said, I think Australia holds up pretty well against the rest of the world in being progressive about racism.

At the end of the day you can't control people's thoughts, but you can set clear boundaries and educate people. That is the solution.
Captain Australia
Dubai chat master
User avatar
Posts: 849
Location: Radelaide

  • Reply
Jun 04, 2009
Peaceloving Indian People. Damn I was scared for that reporter. She handled the situation extremely well. Power to her



The fact is mob mentality is very prevalent in India.

http://www.thaindian.com/newsportal/ind ... 96929.html

This is a very common form of Indian protest. When 1000's get together in Melbourne under the guise of a peaceful rally, the cops had best be alert. So when We talk violence you guy's know what I'm insinuating.

http://www.wintv.com.au/national/news/item/7777
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot
User avatar
Posts: 3033

  • Reply
Jun 04, 2009
My above post was sensationalist and uncalled for.
But that's exactly how the incident was reported in Indian Press. Over the top meant to sensationalize and shock!
You see it's very easy to distort and put things out of perspective.So should one take the above incidents and start a thread warning one not to travel to India?

Rahul Witty assess the situation without all the debris. Maybe then will logic prevail!
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot
User avatar
Posts: 3033

  • Reply
Jun 04, 2009
Captain Australia wrote:
worldguy wrote:You missed my point speedy. What I am trying to say is that the media did not cover it initially, but they also did not cover similar stories that happened elsewhere as it was not perceived to be big enough.


And I'm telling you they did. The Aussie riots were covered extensively all around the world.

When I heard of these latest attacks on Indian students my initial reaction was "Wow, more attacks, what is going on in Melbourne" because I have been hearing about it in the media for a long time.

Right now the Australian politicians and high up police are being smashed by the media because of their failure to acknowledge these issues. You can fault Australia for a lot, but our media is one of the freest in the world. We even a TV show that specifically scrutinise the media itself. It's called Media Watch.

The few times I've heard of media bias being an issue was when Kerry Packer died. He was a billionaire media owner and there were concerns that some papers and tv shows were being too nice to him after he died because he owned lots of media outlets. But the very fact that I read about these issues IN THE MEDIA means I don't think we have too much to worry about.

So forget about the media, attack the government. That's what I do. Most of my blog is about how stupid the Australian Government is being. :-)


Cap well said and thanks for pointing few points. I have stopped reacting to this any more as people have just lost purpose of what they wanted to achieve. The Australians and Indians in general have just lost the plot and instead of trying to find ways to tackle this issue, they have just gone out to blame each other. Nobody will win this battle except few more idi*ts wasteing their time. The problem across the world is with education and its the educated lot that is always the party that is raci*st or discriminatory. UAE is a prime example of that.
worldguy
Dubai forums Addict
Posts: 352

  • Reply
Jun 04, 2009
Misery Called Life wrote:I've been reading about these attacks in the media and I've come away a little confused.
50,000 Indian students in Melbourne alone. A handful have fallen prey to outrageous racially motivated attacks. The perpetrators I presume are arrested.
So what is the hue and cry about. Read blogs before the incident everyone was fine with Melbourne. Things were OK! Then the incident takes place, it becomes a political issue in India and the next thing you know tens of thousands are vilifying the Oz.
There was a huge Indian rally in Melbourne yesterday. None of the speakers had any apparent problems prior to the attacks. They had issues with the media not highlighting the issue enough. In fact that was their main plank.Ridiculous!
This IS A ONE OFF INCIDENT. 50,000 live peacefully year round why the noise?
Send a 100 whites to India and 10 will come back raped. You don't see massive protests and rallies then. Because everyone realizes that a few miscreants cannot hold an entire community liable. When a crime against a foreign national happens in India and justice is so hard to come by, Indian foreign minister always use the population card. We are a billion people, few are damaging the good name of our society blah blah. Then the cops will come out with a statement maligning the victims character.
Just a few weeks back a Russian teen was found raped and murdered in Goa. Few months prior to that a German teen and few months prior to that A Brit teen was gang raped and murdered. There are countless incidents.
This is nothing but politicization. Indians see that they are so many of them and they take recourse in their huge numbers.
The incident need to be condemned, but straining the image of a beautiful country like Australia over one incident? Is uncalled for.
I condemn the incidents, I also condemn the uncivil Indian protests. I will say this, there is an issue which has to be tackled. There has to be a constructive way out of this!


You are wrong MCL. Each time such an incident takes place, there is a big cry in India and more often than not the criminals have been punished and I must add quite harshly. The Russian and German teen was really sad, but please read the full details into the Brit's teen and her mom leaving her by herself. There is more to it than that meets the eye mate.

Also the Indians complained because the attacks went out of control as the economic slow down hit Australia as well. Even though Australia is one of the few countries doing better than others. The mistake Indians did was that they termed these attacks against themselves, where as from the blogs I read, I found it was directed towards non-whites. I could be wrong as I am just reading various blogs and people going all out to make this as a big deal.

The best solution is for the government to fix these issues. The government is inviting people into Australia without trying to bridge the cultural gap. It is like inviting a vege guest to your house and serving him Non-veg meal. If the guest compains, you turn around and say, if you do not like the food, please leave. Don't invite them in the first place.

In UAE, most of the people I know have felt some discrimination from Australians and not from Brtis and Americans. Again, it could be one off cases and things get branded.
worldguy
Dubai forums Addict
Posts: 352

  • Reply
Jun 04, 2009
Misery Called Life wrote:
rahulwitty wrote:misery ... hope someone gets you with a petrol bomb or throws u under a train or u prefer the Screwdriver .. :wink: ... and then would love to hear u say the same thing... "This IS A ONE OFF INCIDENT. 50,000 live peacefully year round.. why the noise?" ... :)

and it is not a ONE OFF INCIDENT ... do ur homework .. :)

no one is saying that all Aussie's are racists .... there are definitely great people there ... Cappy for instance :)... but it's a problem that people are facing there and it needs to be addressed.

and lastly, you think just coz Indians were a lot in number... they had the rally get a kick out of it... ?????? :)

"Until the problem starts affecting YOUR life... it's never a big deal" :)


Blah Blah Blah RW, as usual you will blindly follow the crowd!

Lets wait and watch. Ultimately the exodus from Australia if there is any should paint a true story!

Offcourse in the meantime we can continue with our peaceful protests

http://www.thepunch.com.au/articles/thi ... t-of-hand/

http://blogs.news.com.au/heraldsun/andr ... conscious/


You do have a set mindset against Indians. This time around the crimes were a lot serious and hit the educated students who were there to better their careers. Who knows, you could face that someday and then maybe you will realise the pain and humilation. You are offended by somebody buring an effigy, but people getting hurt, stabbed and burnt is fine. Way to go MCL.
worldguy
Dubai forums Addict
Posts: 352

  • Reply
Jun 04, 2009
worldguy wrote:You are wrong MCL. Each time such an incident takes place, there is a big cry in India and more often than not the criminals have been punished and I must add quite harshly. The Russian and German teen was really sad, but please read the full details into the Brit's teen and her mom leaving her by herself. There is more to it than that meets the eye mate.

Also the Indians complained because the attacks went out of control as the economic slow down hit Australia as well. Even though Australia is one of the few countries doing better than others. The mistake Indians did was that they termed these attacks against themselves, where as from the blogs I read, I found it was directed towards non-whites. I could be wrong as I am just reading various blogs and people going all out to make this as a big deal.

The best solution is for the government to fix these issues. The government is inviting people into Australia without trying to bridge the cultural gap. It is like inviting a vege guest to your house and serving him Non-veg meal. If the guest compains, you turn around and say, if you do not like the food, please leave. Don't invite them in the first place.

In UAE, most of the people I know have felt some discrimination from Australians and not from Brtis and Americans. Again, it could be one off cases and things get branded.


worldguy wrote:You do have a set mindset against Indians. This time around the crimes were a lot serious and hit the educated students who were there to better their careers. Who knows, you could face that someday and then maybe you will realise the pain and humilation. You are offended by somebody buring an effigy, but people getting hurt, stabbed and burnt is fine. Way to go MCL.


Fair Enough WG. Point Noted!

And please don't justify the murder of the Brit teen. You're whole argument came down because of that.

Second argument,
worldguy wrote:You are wrong MCL. Each time such an incident takes place, there is a big cry in India and more often than not the criminals have been punished and I must add quite harshly.

Which incident you talking about?

And no I have nothing against Indians. Sheesh. It's just that the country is so diverse, sometimes I target a few and it may come off that I'm anti-India. This time round my rant was against political class and the media.
Period!
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot
User avatar
Posts: 3033

  • Reply
Jun 04, 2009
Misery Called Life wrote:
worldguy wrote:You are wrong MCL. Each time such an incident takes place, there is a big cry in India and more often than not the criminals have been punished and I must add quite harshly. The Russian and German teen was really sad, but please read the full details into the Brit's teen and her mom leaving her by herself. There is more to it than that meets the eye mate.

Also the Indians complained because the attacks went out of control as the economic slow down hit Australia as well. Even though Australia is one of the few countries doing better than others. The mistake Indians did was that they termed these attacks against themselves, where as from the blogs I read, I found it was directed towards non-whites. I could be wrong as I am just reading various blogs and people going all out to make this as a big deal.

The best solution is for the government to fix these issues. The government is inviting people into Australia without trying to bridge the cultural gap. It is like inviting a vege guest to your house and serving him Non-veg meal. If the guest compains, you turn around and say, if you do not like the food, please leave. Don't invite them in the first place.

In UAE, most of the people I know have felt some discrimination from Australians and not from Brtis and Americans. Again, it could be one off cases and things get branded.


worldguy wrote:You do have a set mindset against Indians. This time around the crimes were a lot serious and hit the educated students who were there to better their careers. Who knows, you could face that someday and then maybe you will realise the pain and humilation. You are offended by somebody buring an effigy, but people getting hurt, stabbed and burnt is fine. Way to go MCL.


Fair Enough WG. Point Noted!

And please don't justify the murder of the Brit teen. You're whole argument came down because of that.

Second argument,
worldguy wrote:You are wrong MCL. Each time such an incident takes place, there is a big cry in India and more often than not the criminals have been punished and I must add quite harshly.

Which incident you talking about?

And no I have nothing against Indians. Sheesh. It's just that the country is so diverse, sometimes I target a few and it may come off that I'm anti-India. This time round my rant was against political class and the media.
Period!



sorry... was busy at work with meetings .... back now...


RahulDimWit ???????... lool ... am i supposed to feel hurt or it was supposed to be funny.. ?????? ... hehe

Misery, why do u really care what the Indian Govt or politicians in India get out of it ???? ... lol ... and i seriously do not see them benefitting in any major way ... :) but yes, even if they are benefitted in their own way ... i would be fine with it as long as the Indian students in Australia are being helped ... :)

the issue here is ... non-whites are getting assaulted in Australia and it's not just by few Australians but even other nationalities.... from the people getting assaulted, the Indian group of students chose to have a rally... so as it bring their plight to the media notice, so that some kind of action can be taken to ensure their SAFETY ... :)

what exactly about this is getting ur undies in a knot ?????? ... hehe

"But you need to understand that these issues happen, in every country(as you pointed out) and are resolved Internally! "

misery, tomm if your a*s is thrown in Dubai jail (which happens more than you would believe) and there is nothing which your family and friends can do to help you .. wouldn't u want your Govt to interfere and help you out ??????? this is what all Govts do... be it the UK, USA or Australian Govts... they will do what they can to ensure that their citizens are safe in other countries as well ........ as it is the Indian Govt does not do much for it's people here (referring to the plight of labourers ... don't start on that now)... they might as well start doing something atleast ... and they would not have interferred probably of the Indian students in Australia did not bring the issue to the media attention by going on a rally .........

Again, why are you all guns when it comes to pointing fingers at India ???? ..lol... don't ruin all topics by going on and on with ur anti-indian remarks .... look at what the subject is ... and stick to it... lol

btw..... are you PAKI ?

GET A LIFE !!! EVEN IF IT IS A "MISERABLE" ONE ... lol
rahulwitty
Dubai Forums Frequenter
Posts: 101

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat


cron