Physical Signs That She's Into You

Topic locked
May 02, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:Or in your case BB, 'How to scare a guy off in 10 easy steps'.

Well i can send you my ten easy steps and you can add them to your 20 easy steps. But with mine you would have to do that sober and not on mind altering drugs. You would need a clear head and that's something a medicated drunk doesn't have.

Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

May 02, 2009
Well this thread isn't bout me. I've got a pretty ok love life, not as steamy as I'd like it though.
One of my latest interests is psychology. I've been reading a lot of Sigmund Freud and works by other renowned authors( Mens Health, Maxim etc), and their take on facial expressions and body language is rather intriguing.

Excerpts from an article by Richard Corniff in April's edition of Men's Health
" Facial expressions are the universal language of the human soul. Understanding what they mean could determine weather you land the job, close the deal, make friends, win fights, talk her into dinner at your place, charm her pants off, live surrounded by the people you love, or die listening to a $8 an hour orderly crack rude jokes outside your door"

Well before she's spoken the words, her facial expression and body language convey the message, unless she's lying!

Women's Intuition -- for Men

"A popular belief -- and an incorrect one -- is that women are better than men at reading people," says William Ickes, Ph.D., a mind-reading expert and a professor of psychology at the University of Texas at Arlington. "But studies have shown that the difference isn't in ability but in motivation." Meaning that if you're motivated to read her mind, you'll do a better job. Try these tactics for some extra help.

Talk after $ex. This is possibly the last advice you want to hear, we know. But according to a study in Biological Psychiatry, an increase in your level of the feel-good hormone oxytocin will improve your mind-reading abilities, largely because it makes you feel closer to your partner. Since both of you receive a jolt of it during $ex, there's no better time to suss out her thoughts than right afterward. She'll be more willing to share and you'll be more able to listen. (Oxytocin makes you sleepy; fight it!) If postcoital conversation isn't an option, exchange massages. A good rubdown also releases the oxytocin tide.

Listen for the odd word out. While she's talking, she might drop hints at her true feelings. If you're in a tough spot with her, pay particular attention. "Any words that stand out as being strange in context are clues to what she's really thinking," says Ickes. The odd word out can be as blatant as a Freudian slip, or as subtle as the extra emphasis she gives to the invitation at the end of a date when she says, "Would you like to come up for some coffee?"

Watch her arms and legs. Many people believe that agitation is a sign that someone's lying -- but if she's normally fidgety and her arms and legs are stone-still for once, that's when you should be concerned. "Any noticeable change in behavior can be a sign that she's lying," says lie-detection expert Maureen O'Sullivan, Ph.D., a psychology professor at the University of San Francisco.

Beware the "killer" smiles. Telltale signs that she's not saying what she means: if she's smirking or smiling crookedly during a bland or uninteresting story, or if the timing of her smile is off. "If her smile flashes across her face too quickly, or lingers too long, that's a good sign she's not feeling genuine happiness," O'Sullivan says. Maybe that's the time when you most need to prove your perceptiveness. carolyn kylstra

http://www.menshealth.com/cda/article.d ... ___&page=8
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 02, 2009
i see you are doing your homework properly :)
raidah
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

May 02, 2009
Misery Called Life wrote:Well this thread isn't bout me. I've got a pretty ok love life, not as steamy as I'd like it though.
One of my latest interests is psychology. I've been reading a lot of Sigmund Freud and works by other renowned authors( Mens Health, Maxim etc), and their take on facial expressions and body language is rather intriguing.

Excerpts from an article by Richard Corniff in April's edition of Men's Health
" Facial expressions are the universal language of the human soul. Understanding what they mean could determine weather you land the job, close the deal, make friends, win fights, talk her into dinner at your place, charm her pants off, live surrounded by the people you love, or die listening to a $8 an hour orderly crack rude jokes outside your door"

Well before she's spoken the words, her facial expression and body language convey the message, unless she's lying!

Women's Intuition -- for Men

"A popular belief -- and an incorrect one -- is that women are better than men at reading people," says William Ickes, Ph.D., a mind-reading expert and a professor of psychology at the University of Texas at Arlington. "But studies have shown that the difference isn't in ability but in motivation." Meaning that if you're motivated to read her mind, you'll do a better job. Try these tactics for some extra help.

Talk after $ex. This is possibly the last advice you want to hear, we know. But according to a study in Biological Psychiatry, an increase in your level of the feel-good hormone oxytocin will improve your mind-reading abilities, largely because it makes you feel closer to your partner. Since both of you receive a jolt of it during $ex, there's no better time to suss out her thoughts than right afterward. She'll be more willing to share and you'll be more able to listen. (Oxytocin makes you sleepy; fight it!) If postcoital conversation isn't an option, exchange massages. A good rubdown also releases the oxytocin tide.

Listen for the odd word out. While she's talking, she might drop hints at her true feelings. If you're in a tough spot with her, pay particular attention. "Any words that stand out as being strange in context are clues to what she's really thinking," says Ickes. The odd word out can be as blatant as a Freudian slip, or as subtle as the extra emphasis she gives to the invitation at the end of a date when she says, "Would you like to come up for some coffee?"

Watch her arms and legs. Many people believe that agitation is a sign that someone's lying -- but if she's normally fidgety and her arms and legs are stone-still for once, that's when you should be concerned. "Any noticeable change in behavior can be a sign that she's lying," says lie-detection expert Maureen O'Sullivan, Ph.D., a psychology professor at the University of San Francisco.

Beware the "killer" smiles. Telltale signs that she's not saying what she means: if she's smirking or smiling crookedly during a bland or uninteresting story, or if the timing of her smile is off. "If her smile flashes across her face too quickly, or lingers too long, that's a good sign she's not feeling genuine happiness," O'Sullivan says. Maybe that's the time when you most need to prove your perceptiveness. carolyn kylstra

http://www.menshealth.com/cda/article.d ... ___&page=8

I see we read related stuff.

From the editors of Mens Health comes also: Best Life

http://www.bestlifeonline.com/

A good read I think.
RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

May 02, 2009
RobbyG wrote:
From the editors of Mens Health comes also: Best Life

http://www.bestlifeonline.com/

A good read I think.

Nice...I wasn't aware of that. Haven't seen the mag over here though. Busy lapping up the website right now! :)
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 02, 2009
Snow wrote:
Sharp wrote:when a female like's you, then it dosn't need you anything to see physically offcourse!......
it's all to feel n you will feel if she like's you, look in her eye's it's all their!........

Ohhhh you're definitely oin love!!!

Ohhh!!... I really wish to be!!...........
Sharp
Dubai Expat Helper

May 02, 2009
Sharp wrote:
Snow wrote:
Sharp wrote:when a female like's you, then it dosn't need you anything to see physically offcourse!......
it's all to feel n you will feel if she like's you, look in her eye's it's all their!........

Ohhhh you're definitely oin love!!!

Ohhh!!... I really wish to be!!...........

You really wish to be...a dumba.ss??
Snow
Dubai forums Addict

May 02, 2009
Not in this way!!.........
Sharp
Dubai Expat Helper

May 09, 2009
you will know if a woman likes you if she likes your company no matter what the consequences are
syndicated_mind
Dubai Forum User

May 09, 2009
When love hit's nothing Can be matter's!!.........
Sharp
Dubai Expat Helper

May 09, 2009
Sharp wrote:When love hit's nothing Can be matter's!!.........

You are doing it again. !!!!..........!!!!!............

Stop it.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

May 09, 2009
Hey!, how're you now check it , it wont be for you girl.
Sharp
Dubai Expat Helper

May 09, 2009
Sharp wrote:Hey!, how're you now check it , it wont be for you girl.

Now not making any sense.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

May 09, 2009
Well, here you go again.
Sharp
Dubai Expat Helper

May 09, 2009
Sharp wrote:Well, here you go again.

And you never stop!!
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

May 09, 2009
See now You're doing the Same, !!! Nah Don't use.
Sharp
Dubai Expat Helper

May 23, 2009
This is r-e-t-a-r-d-e-d, anyone who needs this kind of instruction/information is a certified loser who has been living in a closed shoebox for their entire life.
smokedawg
Dubai Forums Frequenter

May 24, 2009
smokedawg wrote:This is r-e-t-a-r-d-e-d, anyone who needs this kind of instruction/information is a certified loser who has been living in a closed shoebox for their entire life.

What a narrow minded moron you truly are!
It's purely for the sake of psychology. The only thing retarded is your sense of logic which borders on ignorance. By your logic Sigmund Freud, Robert A. Baron, Donn Byrne etc are all retarded. Social Psychology is all retarded right?
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 24, 2009
I'm not saying Social Psychology is BS. But realizing that a girl's close proximity is a sign that she is not repulsed by you is common sense, not Psychology. I don't think Freud ever wasted his time on such trivial things. But considering your user name and avatar, I guess these are things someone like you needs to be told.
smokedawg
Dubai Forums Frequenter

May 24, 2009
A personal attack......The hallmark of one who can't make an argument on the subject. It pretty evident you've not gone through the length and breadth of this thread! So I'd suggest you do that before you decide to open ur trap again!
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 24, 2009
Misery Called Life wrote:A personal attack......The hallmark of one who can't make an argument on the subject. It pretty evident you've not gone through the length and breadth of this thread! So I'd suggest you do that before you decide to open ur trap again!

And it only took 10 postings!! :lol:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

May 24, 2009
Bora Bora wrote:
Misery Called Life wrote:A personal attack......The hallmark of one who can't make an argument on the subject. It pretty evident you've not gone through the length and breadth of this thread! So I'd suggest you do that before you decide to open ur trap again!

And it only took 10 postings!! :lol:

Tell me bout it! Kids these days! :lol:
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 24, 2009
Misery Called Life wrote:
smokedawg wrote:This is r-e-t-a-r-d-e-d, anyone who needs this kind of instruction/information is a certified loser who has been living in a closed shoebox for their entire life.

What a narrow minded moron you truly are!
It's purely for the sake of psychology. The only thing retarded is your sense of logic which borders on ignorance. By your logic Sigmund Freud, Robert A. Baron, Donn Byrne etc are all retarded. Social Psychology is all retarded right?

This isn't a personal attack by you? I'm sorry I guess I missed something...
smokedawg
Dubai Forums Frequenter

May 24, 2009
...and I have read the entire thread. the only person talking about psychology is you. This subject is more complicated and simpler than your self-help books lead on. All women are different and give different signs. Some signs, however are universal (like the one you mentioned.) It takes a pretty dim dude to not understand that she is "into you"

Other than you mentioning psychology, the thread pretty much consists of others calling you an idiot. Which is what I second. Good luck Don Juan.
smokedawg
Dubai Forums Frequenter

May 24, 2009
Does spraying count??
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

May 24, 2009
smokedawg wrote:...and I have read the entire thread. the only person talking about psychology is you. This subject is more complicated and simpler than your self-help books lead on. All women are different and give different signs. Some signs, however are universal (like the one you mentioned.) It takes a pretty dim dude to not understand that she is "into you"

Other than you mentioning psychology, the thread pretty much consists of others calling you an idiot. Which is what I second. Good luck Don Juan.

The subject is more complicated. At least I've made the effort to initiate debate. All you've done is dissed this thread.The purpose of this thread was so that people could post their thoughts and their views, and maybe then a study on body language could be made. Social Psychology and body language is just something the posters here are not interested in.

You're just cowed down by the complexity of what I'm talking about.
The thing is you've simplified the content. It's beyond your grasp that body language is a rather significant aspect of psychology.

Your simplistic thought process has fooled you into believing that you know it all. Well so be it.
The adage Ignorance is Bliss seems tailor made for you!
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 24, 2009
edit
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 24, 2009
If it is, then it seems to be working for me. I don't have to resort to reading volumes of self-help books to understand if a girl "likes me" or not. I seem to have gotten past that around, hmmm, I dunno, age 12.

I'll leave you to your subject (which only you are discussing) and continue to wish you luck so that next time a girl gives you a sign of the body, you won't have to rush home and scamper through your library of psychology books to figure out "what it means"...
smokedawg
Dubai Forums Frequenter

May 24, 2009
smokedawg wrote:If it is, then it seems to be working for me. I don't have to resort to reading volumes of self-help books to understand if a girl "likes me" or not. I seem to have gotten past that around, hmmm, I dunno, age 12.

I'll leave you to your subject (which only you are discussing) and continue to wish you luck so that next time a girl gives you a sign of the body, you won't have to rush home and scamper through your library of psychology books to figure out "what it means"...

Simpleton! :lol:
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 24, 2009
Misery Called Life wrote:A personal attack......The hallmark of one who can't make an argument on the subject.

Your own words...
smokedawg
Dubai Forums Frequenter

posting in Dubai RomanceForum Rules

Return to Dubai Romance