Daily Traffic Madness - Let's Ducument Our Road Rages

Topic locked
May 04, 2009
CVB wrote:
desertdudeshj wrote:I actually don't get hassled much on the road, I'm sorry but having a luxury SUV really does spare you the worst and somehow people do think twice before flashing, honking, cutting you off or tailgating, but still not totally immune from it. But really doesnt bother me much.

thisis the bit I like best from your post.
It says to me
"I feel immune from any traffic hassles because I expect the poor people in little cars to get out of my way and let me drive whichever way I choose"

Half of these posts are probably about you !

I guess they leaving the flashing, honking, cutting off or tailgating to you in your big a$$ car.

Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

May 05, 2009
CVB wrote:thisis the bit I like best from your post.
It says to me
"I feel immune from any traffic hassles because I expect the poor people in little cars to get out of my way and let me drive whichever way I choose"

Half of these posts are probably about you !

LOL Probally 8)

FYI : I never drive over 110kph ( wel not anymore for a long time anyways) even on highways and in 10 years of driving in the emirates don't have a single speeding fine ...Beat that suckas 8) 8)

Thats the problem with you tree huggers just because someone drives a nice SUV he is more eviler than evil itself, What gives. I would never drive a low slung car even if it is a V10 Dodge Viper because I'm too used to a high driving position plus I feel its a lot more safer and gives excellent visiblity all around and sometimes can see upto 10 cars ahead of me.

PS: I know a lot of people who eairlier didn't want to get an SUV ( expensive to maintain, gas blah blah ) when they ride a proper SUV and I mean proper not those gayroaders like Rav 4. Fell in love with the high posture, visiblilty and driving position and ended up buying 4x4's them selves. A dude actually forced me to sell my older R.Rover to him the same day he took a ride in it for the very the first time ! And atleast I use them for their proper intended use and not as a Jumeria Jane Mall crawler. Now I can't go Dune Bashing in a Tiida now can I ?
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

May 05, 2009
Bora Bora wrote:I guess they leaving the flashing, honking, cutting off or tailgating to you in your big a$$ car.

All I hear is Blah Blah Blah and Blah I wish I drove a proper car instead of that nasty white nissan sunny and people didnt mistake me for moustached malabari Blah blah. :D
desertdudeshj

May 05, 2009
desertdudeshj wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:I guess they leaving the flashing, honking, cutting off or tailgating to you in your big a$$ car.

All I hear is Blah Blah Blah and Blah I wish I drove a proper car instead of that nasty white nissan sunny and people didnt mistake me for moustached malabari Blah blah. :D

And your point is???????
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

May 05, 2009
Don't have one.

BTW whats with the points these days. Its like that Are you a bandit thing. Is it a joke I'm not in on ?
desertdudeshj

May 05, 2009
desertdudeshj wrote:Don't have one.

BTW whats with the points these days. Its like that Are you a bandit thing. Is it a joke I'm not in on ?

I have no idea what you are referring to?
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

May 05, 2009
desertdudeshj wrote:Don't have one.

Is heat taking a toll mae. No clue what you trying to say ... accept generalise. If you can not make a diffeence ... why bi**h.

I know that's the easiest thing to do .... but, that does not reflect you.

Live and let live. Its possible desertdude ... I know you can do it .... take a deep breath and love your fellow humans ... if you can't love them ... don't break them. Helpem and you'll feel better mate.

Make world a better place .... not a world that discrimintes. Once you exploit humans ... you see the worst in them. Negative people see negative traits ... positive people see positive traist ... what do you see desertdude??????
worldguy
Dubai forums Addict

May 05, 2009
??????? WTF !
desertdudeshj

May 05, 2009
desertdudeshj wrote:

Well I have owned a 4X4 and can agree with the advantages. As for driving a nasty white nissan sunny - not in this life time! I would have to say that driving a Jag isn't too shabby.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

May 05, 2009
I have something good to report!

I was pacing along with a White Lamborghini Murcielago yesterday.
Young guy. I expected him to step on it, weave in and out, pretend he was Schumacher. Instead, he drove along, behaving all the rules of the road.

I actually felt bad for him since random idiots were hanging out of their windows with cellphones taking pictures, hardly paying any attention to the road themselves.
dresden
Dubai chat master

May 05, 2009
dresden wrote:I have something good to report!

Young guy. I expected him to step on it, weave in and out, pretend he was Schumacher. Instead, he drove along, behaving all the rules of the road.

I actually felt bad for him since random idiots were hanging out of their windows with cellphones taking pictures, hardly paying any attention to the road themselves.

I actually find supercar drivers are usually well-behaved except for their parking manners. I suppose that driving a million dirham car sort of forces you to be wary of wrecking it. Some supercars are more well-behaved than others though. I find that Murcies, Enzos, and DB9s are fairly tame whereas BMW M5s, Gallardos, and SL63s are more likely to drive like life's nothing but a video game.
gamercowboy
Dubai forums Addict

May 05, 2009
gamercowboy wrote:
dresden wrote:I have something good to report!

I actually find supercar drivers are usually well-behaved except for their parking manners. I suppose that driving a million dirham car sort of forces you to be wary of wrecking it. Some supercars are more well-behaved than others though. I find that Murcies, Enzos, and DB9s are fairly tame whereas BMW M5s, Gallardos, and SL63s are more likely to drive like life's nothing but a video game.

try the japanese or korean cars they zoom in like crazy...
portland
Dubai Expat Helper

May 07, 2009
What racism! As long as one drives a fancy car it gives one the right to be a road bully?

I drive a basic Mini and I couldn't care less bout upgrading just to up my road status! It's another matter that I'm only a student and can't really afford an upgrade........

I look around and I see all these people driving fancy cars. Whats the point if you don't know how to appreciate the fab engineering behind these vehicles.
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 07, 2009
Misery Called Life wrote:What racism! As long as one drives a fancy car it gives one the right to be a road bully?

I drive a basic Mini and I couldn't care less bout upgrading just to up my road status! It's another matter that I'm only a student and can't really afford an upgrade........

I look around and I see all these people driving fancy cars. Whats the point if you don't know how to appreciate the fab engineering behind these vehicles.

I don't think it was meant to be a racist remark MCL. Japanese made cars are well made vehicles.

Reckless drivers are behind the wheels of all kinds of cars, buses, trucks.

I'm sure if someone handed you a Hummer or a Ranger Rover or the like you wouldn't turn it down.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

May 07, 2009
plus mini is pretty quick mate and gives you a video game feel, if you driving on a racing circuit. I have driven at few racing circuits and love them, but sadly too small for me as I normally would need a boot.

In addition, Nissan GT R simply rocks. Nissan, Honda and Toyota have some real fast and efficient cars and there is no taking away that beamers are great, but these cars are catching up, yet staying so fuel efficient and environment friendly.

I went to the Big Boys Toys and if the fastest car hits UAE, then we could be seeing people do 100kph in 2.1 seconds.
worldguy
Dubai forums Addict

May 07, 2009
talking about fast cars, ones my friend asked me to drive his loaded performance street racing car and asked me to step on it, I did and guess what, it stood on the back 2 wheels wooooow I guess i pissed on my pants hehehe

back to the point.. people here drives crazy , it's just stressful driving here, I mean ppl drives in a hurry 24/7 for no reason ,it's like they wana break the record every time they leave the house.
uaekid
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

May 07, 2009
as for me, i drive fast because im always late. :D
zuzudiva
Dubai Forums Frequenter

May 07, 2009
You know what is the funny part in all this. people have lot more time in UAE than they have back home, specially in big cities across the world. Most of the people in London commute for at least 30-75 minutes.
worldguy
Dubai forums Addict

May 07, 2009
Bora Bora wrote:
I don't think it was meant to be a racist remark MCL. Japanese made cars are well made vehicles.

Reckless drivers are behind the wheels of all kinds of cars, buses, trucks.

I'm sure if someone handed you a Hummer or a Ranger Rover or the like you wouldn't turn it down.

I couldn't be bothered with a Hummer or a RR. If I had one, I would sell it and buy a wrangler, that’s cuz I go kayaking and mountain biking and I need boot space. Besides the ultimate SUV is the Merc G55
Small cars are perfect and the new Alfa Romeo Mito should be something

There has to be more to a car than alloys and brand image....Half the people don't even appreciate the wheels they drive. Why buy a Hummer and struggle for parking everyday? Why buy a Jag and struggle to pay maintenance costs?
I know someone who owns a Volvo XC90 (got it for 40,000...was a company car and he knew someone in charge of the sale) as well as a Nissan Patrol. So this guy uses the Nissan 99% of the time and only keeps the Volvo a a status symbol. That's cuz maintenance and fuel costs of the Volvo leaves his wallet gasping.
I mean are so many cases like this where people own fancy cars simply to showboat, and I find that really sad!
People should learn to buy cars that SUIT their lifestyles.
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 08, 2009
uaekid wrote:talking about fast cars, ones my friend asked me to drive his loaded performance street racing car and asked me to step on it, I did and guess what, it stood on the back 2 wheels wooooow I guess i pissed on my pants hehehe

back to the point.. people here drives crazy , it's just stressful driving here, I mean ppl drives in a hurry 24/7 for no reason ,it's like they wana break the record every time they leave the house.

What kind of car was it?
Hulahula
Dubai Forums Talker

May 08, 2009
uaekid wrote:back to the point.. people here drives crazy , it's just stressful driving here, I mean ppl drives in a hurry 24/7 for no reason ,it's like they wana break the record every time they leave the house.

I always found it funny that in most ways the UAE is so laid back with things happening when they happen, fairly loose appointment keeping, the insha'Allah attitude etc, yet when people get behind the wheel it's Fast, Fast, Push Push etc.

You know, a casual stroll with friends down the mall, coffee for a few hours, long chats then bang, in the car and flash flash get out of my way I need to get somewhere!!.

I know that it's not just Emiratis who drive really fast and try to push others out of the way but I'm just commenting on them here. I also know that not all Emiratis drive like maniacs, I'm sure most drive well but they are not the ones that stand out unfortunately.
Captain Australia
Dubai chat master

May 08, 2009
I think there has to be some kind of a "Law deviation": when we will be allowed to beat offenders' faces or whip them in some circumstances. :D Ths will teach people a lesson, bcs now they know they can get away with everything. Even 'the finger' has left: honking doesn't give u even a fraction of satisfaction 'the finger' used to do
:D
Leda
Dubai Forums Talker

May 08, 2009
Leda wrote:I think there has to be some kind of a "Law deviation": when we will be allowed to beat offenders' faces or whip them in some circumstances. :D Ths will teach people a lesson, bcs now they know they can get away with everything. Even 'the finger' has left: honking doesn't give u even a fraction of satisfaction 'the finger' used to do
:D

LOL. :lol: Well there is always the "V" (you know for "Victory").
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

May 08, 2009
Bora Bora wrote:

I stil want them to understand what I suggest, when with the 'V' i can't be sure :(
Leda
Dubai Forums Talker

May 08, 2009
Leda wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:

I stil want them to understand what I suggest, when with the 'V' i can't be sure :(

Oh, I am sure they know what the "V" means, but if it brings you trouble you just say: "I was giving him the Victory sign to let him know he won, that's all". The finger is just that, the finger.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

May 10, 2009
Hulahula wrote:
uaekid wrote:talking about fast cars, ones my friend asked me to drive his loaded performance street racing car and asked me to step on it, I did and guess what, it stood on the back 2 wheels wooooow I guess i pissed on my pants hehehe

What kind of car was it?

Hotwheels?

A car which stands on 2 wheels needs to be putting down 1000+ RWHP and/or be light as a feather.

Pics or it never happened!
dresden
Dubai chat master

May 10, 2009
dresden wrote:
Hulahula wrote:

What kind of car was it?

Hotwheels?

A car which stands on 2 wheels needs to be putting down 1000+ RWHP and/or be light as a feather.

Like most of what he sees or heard!!!
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

May 10, 2009
dresden wrote:
Hulahula wrote:

What kind of car was it?

Hotwheels?

That's what I was getting at. I've built drag cars as a lifelong hobby and getting something to pull a wheelie takes a suspension and tire setup that won't work on normal roads. You'd need a VHT compound-prepped track to even give drag slicks enough grip to pull your wheels in the air....
But that's just my car geek side coming out...
Hulahula
Dubai Forums Talker

May 10, 2009
Hulahula wrote:
dresden wrote:
Hulahula wrote:

What kind of car was it?

Hotwheels?

That's what I was getting at. I've built drag cars as a lifelong hobby and getting something to pull a wheelie takes a suspension and tire setup that won't work on normal roads. You'd need a VHT compound-prepped track to even give drag slicks enough grip to pull your wheels in the air....
But that's just my car geek side coming out...

I have a feeling it was a fast car, which gave the "feel" of lifting off the ground.

:) Nice to see some car junkies on the site!
Anything in the works here in Dxb?
dresden
Dubai chat master

May 10, 2009
^No not at the moment. Yas Island Drag Strip isn't due finished until 2011, and UAQ Motorplex doesn't allow test n' tune nights for weekend racers. I belong to Evolve and ADPCC car clubs so we have short-track autocross races and whatnot, but no real drag racing yet, not legal anyways....
Hulahula
Dubai Forums Talker

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat