Dobermann Cropping Ears And Tail

Topic locked
Apr 27, 2009
WOW you had your ears peirced and didn't feel a thing, Good now try chopping them off completely. You wont feel a thing and maybe you can start a new fashion trend plus according to you will give you better "sound localisation" Probally would make listening to Wille Nelson and Brookes & Dunn more pleasureable.

desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Apr 27, 2009
desertdudeshj wrote:I still think its quite cruel !

actually Doberman are happier with short ears cause they can hear better. proven fact
JBR_Resident
Dubai Forums Member

Apr 27, 2009
Ah, they told you that. OK Doolittle ;) :D
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 27, 2009
Speedhump wrote:Ah, they told you that. OK Doolittle ;) :D

pretty funny pansy. no I had one, and My vet, my doberman breeder, many pet forums, pet experts told me so.
JBR_Resident
Dubai Forums Member

Apr 27, 2009
Well, how on earth can one puppy tell you it's happier than another? Or is it you put a mutilated dobie next to an unmutilated one and the mutilated one looks like it's smiling? Or what? I'm mystified by the 'facts' you've been told.

The mutilation is done purely for the happiness of the owner, not for the dog, stop trying to defend it as being 'nice' to the dog. It's like saying UAE construction workers are happier sleeping 12 to a room because they have more people to talk to.
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 27, 2009
JBR_Resident wrote:

actually Doberman are happier with short ears cause they can hear better. proven fact

Dog whisperer?
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Apr 27, 2009
JBR_Resident wrote:

Yeah, and men and women enjoy s.e.x a lot better when they have their foreskin and labia and clitoris cut off. :lol:
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Apr 27, 2009
hahaha im just crackin up here about the stuff all yall saying IT IS A PROVEN FACT THAT IT THEY CAN HEAR BETTER and because ive have allot of valueable stuff in my house and im not talking bout tv's computers and stuff .i own a jewelry store and deal in monetary gold and i have that stuff in my house i need a killer dog i understand sum of u think its cruel but i need the best of the best
KINGLOKI
Dubai Forum Visitor

Apr 27, 2009
KINGLOKI wrote:hahaha im just crackin up here about the stuff all yall saying IT IS A PROVEN FACT THAT IT THEY CAN HEAR BETTER and because ive have allot of valueable stuff in my house and im not talking bout tv's computers and stuff .i own a jewelry store and deal in monetary gold and i have that stuff in my house i need a killer dog i understand sum of u think its cruel but i need the best of the best

Why not take proper insurance dude.

Just consider this one fact. IF you cut the ears of your dog, the 360 degree hearing might improve, but the localisation of sound is gone. The dog will search wildly to get a feeling where the sound comes from. If you want your furniture at the places you put them, just let the ears on.

He can find the sounds way better when he directs his head, thus the ear cone, towards the sound source and respond accordingly.

Pulling an ear of such dog, doesn't hold him back from his duty. Its utter nonsense unless you are going to pursue in dog fights in the desert.

Just ask an expert vet. Not a forum with personal opinions!!! :wink:
RobbyG

Apr 27, 2009
Speedhump wrote:Well, how on earth can one puppy tell you it's happier than another? Or is it you put a mutilated dobie next to an unmutilated one and the mutilated one looks like it's smiling? Or what? I'm mystified by the 'facts' you've been told.

The mutilation is done purely for the happiness of the owner, not for the dog, stop trying to defend it as being 'nice' to the dog. It's like saying UAE construction workers are happier sleeping 12 to a room because they have more people to talk to.

12 to a room? HOLY CRAP, that's little. check out other places like India and Pakistan and other TWC...
JBR_Resident
Dubai Forums Member

Apr 27, 2009

Just consider this one fact. IF you cut the ears of your dog, the 360 degree hearing might improve, but the localisation of sound is gone. The dog will search wildly to get a feeling where the sound comes from. If you want your furniture at the places you put them, just let the ears on.

He can find the sounds way better when he directs his head, thus the ear cone, towards the sound source and respond accordingly.

Pulling an ear of such dog, doesn't hold him back from his duty. Its utter nonsense unless you are going to pursue in dog fights in the desert.

actually i dident ask for opinions i asked if anybody knew a place
KINGLOKI
Dubai Forum Visitor

Apr 28, 2009
KINGLOKI wrote:

actually i dident ask for opinions i asked if anybody knew a place

Still, if you love your animals, go to a vet and ask him where to take your dog.

Don't go cheap now, you King Loki the Butcher 8) :twisted:
RobbyG

Apr 28, 2009
GET AN ALARM SYSTEM AND GOOD INSURANCE AND DON'T MUTILATE SOME DOGS!
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Apr 28, 2009
give me some scissors and I'll do kingloki
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 28, 2009
Speedhump wrote:give me some scissors and I'll do kingloki

:lol:
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Apr 28, 2009
kanelli wrote:

Diplomatic in every sense :lol:
RobbyG

Apr 30, 2009

Speedhump, if kingloki's pup is not a Very young puppy, then there will be some repercussions from cropping the ears... nerve ends fully developed and etc.
JBR_Resident
Dubai Forums Member

May 01, 2009
I doubt kingloki cares.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

May 05, 2009
RobbyG wrote:
kanelli wrote:

Diplomatic in every sense :lol:

hilarious making me crack up hahaha
KINGLOKI
Dubai Forum Visitor

May 05, 2009
well with a name like Loki you should have evil ears, right? I'd be happy to do that for you.....
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum