Dobermann Cropping Ears And Tail

Topic locked
dobermann cropping ears and tail Apr 22, 2009
where can i do it in dubai because if i cant imma head back to the states and buy a puppy there and do it and for the people that think its cruel and unnecessary read this (i need guard dogs)

Cropped ears, likewise, were the logical, functional addition to complete the Dobermans physical equipment to make him the elite family companion and protection dog that he was, even from the beginning. There are two primary reasons that we desire cropped ears, and both have to do with FUNCTION. The first is that a neatly cropped ear is less of a "handle" for an attacker to hang on to. Since the Doberman has been bred to be a personal protector, a cropped ear gives the dog a decided advantage in a confrontation with a perpetrator. The second has to do with sound "localization". An erect earred dog can localize the source of a sound to within a 5 degree cone, whereas a drop earred dog can only localize a sound source to within a 20 degree cone.

KINGLOKI
Dubai Forum Visitor

Apr 22, 2009
You would probably have to call veternarians to see if it is done here.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Apr 22, 2009
I still think its quite cruel !
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Apr 24, 2009
well yeah desertdude everyone has there own opinion
KINGLOKI
Dubai Forum Visitor

Apr 24, 2009
Each to their own. I think nature didn't get it wrong (think the same thing about male and female genitals too!) but some people like to change what nature gave.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Apr 24, 2009
If you would treasure what nature gives us, then you would not change the dogs appearance and make it a killer.

Proper training should be ok, but a Dobermann needs a little more than just a fence and bone and a yard to run in.

By the way, why need a guard dog or a killer like Rottweilers and Dobermann's? Last time I checked to officials, they said the UAE was the savest place around in the world?

Don't punish the doggies for it. Cut your own ears and check whether you like the effect first. ;)

Just my 2 cents
RobbyG

Apr 24, 2009
Maybe an alarm system would be a better option than guard dogs?
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Apr 24, 2009
RobbyG wrote:Cut your own ears and check whether you like the effect first. ;)

Love it!!!! Touche.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Apr 24, 2009
Yeah I have to say it's totally unnecessary! It's barbaric and cruel. Tail docking and reshaping ears is totally unnecessary, it doesn't change anything about the dog.

The reasoning does not justify it.

Also I think these dogs are on the banned list anyway, so you can't have them.

There's certainly no need for attack/ guard dogs here, most people are frightened of the smallest dogs, so great/hulking dogs are a complete waste of time.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Apr 24, 2009
I thin we don't need them for guard's..... Okay for pet's!!..........
Sharp
Dubai Expat Helper

Apr 24, 2009
Dobs and Rotties make awsome pets, they're super affectionate.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Apr 24, 2009
Discuss it with your dog first?

Dogs are known to love getting mutilated….!

Seriously, it’s not fair to do that the dog.

Just keep this dog as a pet or sell it or give it away, and then get yourself another Doberman with cropped ears!

8) 8)
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

Apr 24, 2009
hey there.

i had it done on my dogs ears in sharjah. theres a vet there he did a pretty good job.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 24, 2009
RB, sicko! Don't encourage things like this, it's not neccesary, it's cruel to the animal and shame on you!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Apr 24, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:RB, sicko! Don't encourage things like this, it's not neccesary, it's cruel to the animal and shame on you!

everyone has their own views chocoholics ;)

it should be done when a dog is a few weeks old and ppl have argued whats the point of it all.

does it hurt? :D u tell me whether Circumcision hurts or not ;) guess everyone who has been circumcisied is a sicko :D
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 24, 2009
It's an animal and that is tantamount to mutilation. There's no need for it to be done, it serves no purpose.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Apr 24, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:It's an animal and that is tantamount to mutilation. There's no need for it to be done, it serves no purpose.

like i said everyone has their own views. i only did it to give my dog an "evil" look :D u can call it dogs latest fashion :D

its late and i m not gonna argue about dogs so whatever u say is correct chocs :D
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 24, 2009
What breed do you have RB?
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 24, 2009
Misery Called Life wrote:What breed do you have RB?

its not a pure breed. its a cross breed. crossed between a boxer and a great dane. a monster in size :D
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 24, 2009
rudeboy wrote:
Misery Called Life wrote:What breed do you have RB?

its not a pure breed. its a cross breed. crossed between a boxer and a great dane. a monster in size :D

:lol: I bet he looks like you 8)
RobbyG

Apr 24, 2009
making holes in one's ear is not exactly a kiss on the cheek either, yet nobody qualifies it as cruelty.
circumcision on lil boys is also widely practiced, and also not seen as cruelty.
as long as you don't mutilate the animal and don't cause them pain, these small changes in their looks are nowhere close to being cruel.
raidah
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Apr 25, 2009
RB, you that's the dumbest reason ever for doing that! Typical obsessed with vanity and what makes you look good with no thought for the animal.

Raidah, Pierced ears I believe should be done when a person can make the choice to have it done themselves, I disagree with parents piercing babies ears. And with circumcision I don't agree with that either.

People have no right to meddle with animals breeding or looks, why do you think so many breeds now have breathing troubles and other issues, from peoples desire to make the 'best' of a breed, with little or no thought for animal.

Dumbasses!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Apr 25, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:Dumbasses!

I think you need your pills again luv.

You are getting fragile here. 8)
RobbyG

Apr 25, 2009
No Robby, it's not the point. The point is this stuff is completely unnecessary and does nothing for the animals welfare, once again humans imposing their 'needs' on the animal.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Apr 25, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:No Robby, it's not the point. The point is this stuff is completely unnecessary and does nothing for the animals welfare, once again humans imposing their 'needs' on the animal.

this part i agree with. have 2 dogs back home, both intact, simply because there was no need to change them.
on a separate note, i wish i had my ears pierced when i was a baby. it would have saved me the pain at the age of 20 to stick a needle into my own ear :pale:
raidah
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Apr 26, 2009
I agree it's cruel and unnecessary.

A friend of mine here has a Rottie (not clipped) and he's lovely, very good natured, but they need a lot of control to train them.

His only problem is when he's out being street walked if he sees a car full of Indian faces driving past he launches himself at the car. It's something about the way they all stare I think. Nearly pulls my friend's arm out of his socket. :D

Human male circumcision is unnecessary and is an abuse of the child's rights. Female circumcision is just mutilation of the worst kind and includes removal of the clitoris, to prevent women from having full s*xual feeling and thereby keeping them from wanting s*x, making them good 'marriage material' :(
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 26, 2009
ooh rudeboy send me a picture dude and yeah again everyone has their own opinion and raidah i have my ears pierced a couple years ago and trust me u wont feel a thing pinch ur ear thats how its gonna feel but yeah i already found a vet here whos gonna do my 2 pupz soon :)
KINGLOKI
Dubai Forum Visitor

Apr 26, 2009
Oh boo to you, stupid person. Sound like a typical idiotic yank!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Apr 26, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:Oh boo to you, stupid person. Sound like a typical idiotic yank!

I can hear and feel the emotion coming off you Chocs. :wink: :lol:
RobbyG

Apr 26, 2009
woowow american pride worldwide :D haha
KINGLOKI
Dubai Forum Visitor

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum