The Permissible Period Of Unbroken Stay In The UAE

Topic locked
Apr 20, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:No one says local people can't work. But the simple fact is that there aren't enough of you to fill the hundreds of thousands of positions that there are, plus it's also a fact that there are some jobs you simply won't get EMiratis to do.

agree with the first part but still we have large number of unemplyed locals, and the number is increasing.

now can u tell me what kind of jobs locals cant do?

naruto
Dubai Expat Helper

Apr 20, 2009
You mean, what locals could do, but would never want to do?
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Apr 20, 2009
kanelli wrote:You mean, what locals could do, but would never want to do?

locls have no problem working whatever jobs that will put food on the table . i know locals who works as bus drivers in my dept. i know locals who works as pilots in emirates airline and they are way better that the british , i know so many locals who good at what they do , so if u and choc knew some lazy locals thats doesnt mean all locals cant work , or all locals will not do a certin jobs.
naruto
Dubai Expat Helper

Apr 20, 2009
How do you judge if some pilots are "way better" than others ?

I understand all pilots have to be perfect in their jobs regardless of nationality, so how does one turn out better than the other?
BlackburnRovers
Dubai Expat Helper

Apr 20, 2009
erm you'd never get locals to work in construction, actually building the city. Sweeping streets, cab drivers, waiters etc etc, basically low level jobs. You can't compare an airline pilot to a cab driver, or office boy.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Apr 20, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:erm you'd never get locals to work in construction, actually building the city. Sweeping streets, cab drivers, waiters etc etc, basically low level jobs. You can't compare an airline pilot to a cab driver, or office boy.

well choc as u said befor we are low in numbers and when we will be like indai in population then we will see that .
naruto
Dubai Expat Helper

Apr 20, 2009
I seriously doubt it sonny Jim!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Apr 20, 2009
BlackburnRovers wrote:How do you judge if some pilots are "way better" than others ?

I understand all pilots have to be perfect in their jobs regardless of nationality, so how does one turn out better than the other?

yes u know , fast recation and good decision . not drunk all day long
naruto
Dubai Expat Helper

Apr 20, 2009
That was a below the belt comment. I could tell you horror stories about 'some' pilots. Who would do nothing in an emergency as they have an 'inshallah' attitude. All pilots have the same training, human error no matter what nationality you are is always a risk factor.

And sweets sadly you'll never increase in umbers while you're busy killing yourselves on the roads.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Apr 20, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:erm you'd never get locals to work in construction, actually building the city. Sweeping streets, cab drivers, waiters etc etc, basically low level jobs. You can't compare an airline pilot to a cab driver, or office boy.

Who knows? Nobody could have imagined local working as a cashier in the supermarket 5 years ago. It's a reality now...
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Apr 20, 2009
They're mostly women, the women work hard, wish to learn and do a good job. The men on the other hand are a whole other story.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Apr 20, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:They're mostly women, the women work hard, wish to learn and do a good job. The men on the other hand are a whole other story.

Surprisingly I see mostly local men as cashiers in Carefour although I agree that such kind of a horse-mill is more suitable for women.

Probably it's due to literacy rate for local men is much higher than for women here.
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Apr 20, 2009
Well when I worked for a well known supermarket chain here, there were nothing but issues with the guys sadly.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Apr 20, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:That was a below the belt comment. I could tell you horror stories about 'some' pilots. Who would do nothing in an emergency as they have an 'inshallah' attitude. All pilots have the same training, human error no matter what nationality you are is always a risk factor.

And sweets sadly you'll never increase in umbers while you're busy killing yourselves on the roads.

the thing is we do not proliferate like animals
naruto
Dubai Expat Helper

Apr 20, 2009
That's got nothing to do with anything.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Apr 20, 2009
you'r smart .. you will know it dear
naruto
Dubai Expat Helper

Apr 20, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:Well when I worked for a well known supermarket chain here, there were nothing but issues with the guys sadly.

Probably you are right.
Anyway I have never seen any single man as a cashier of big supermarket in my country, only women...
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Apr 20, 2009
This will be the stupidest rule enacted by a government that has come up with some not so bright rules in the past. Either Emiratis need to prove that they can do any job (street cleaners, office boys etc. etc,) or they need to live with the status quo
Dubaidude007
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 20, 2009
naruto wrote:
portland wrote:seems very crazy for this kind of caps...

companies hire workers (skilled/unskilled) train them and they become an asset until their contracts expires, companies reabsorb them or renew their contracts/visa for they are already a working asset for company and roi is being brought by them. Then walah! when this residency caps comes out, these so called workers(skilled/unskilled) become's an asset to a company, then government throws them out of the country, company loses asset and roi, hire another then after sometime throws them again. then company got tired of hiring and training workers (skilled/unskilled),Then companies hire people here and train them, people here ask to much of salary, people here sits all day long beeping celphones, companies lost assest and roi, companies closes branches or offices in dubai, expats leaves because there is no stability or job security in dubai, then dubai losses at the end...THEN Johan Hari, Saul and Gerhan Hankins predictions will be sitting on their balcony in london, laughing and saying yep our predictions are right...TADAH! :pottytrain2:

when you get rid of the idea that local ppl can't work , then we can listen to u.. :lol:

who ever told you you cant work? Its simply what im telling is you cant or you dont want to take jobs with a very low salary and that the positions your after are those positions on top of the management. :blob6:
portland
Dubai Expat Helper

Apr 26, 2009
The emirati passport seems to have the same format as the Pk, India passports
This is the third passport which looks like it was printed using US tech.

US does a good job of improving security by making sure all people on these airports are tracked.

Notice the cameras.

I would venture to guess that there are cameras for all people coming and going out of India also.
khawar
Dubai Forums Member

Apr 27, 2009
naruto wrote:the thing is we do not proliferate like animals

Who's "we"?

Humans - average birth rate 20 per 1000 population per year
Congo - 50 per 1000
Hong Kong - 7-8 per 1000
Europe - 10 per 1000
UK - 11 per 1000
USA - 14 per 1000
UAE - 18 per 1000
UAE citizens - 30 per 1000
UAE expats - 12 per 1000
Rabbits - 2000-3000 per 1000 (gave up looking so estimated)
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Apr 27, 2009
bonk wrote:
naruto wrote:the thing is we do not proliferate like animals

Who's "we"?

Humans - average birth rate 20 per 1000 population per year
Congo - 50 per 1000
Hong Kong - 7-8 per 1000
Europe - 10 per 1000
UK - 11 per 1000
USA - 14 per 1000
UAE - 18 per 1000
UAE citizens - 30 per 1000
UAE expats - 12 per 1000
Rabbits - 2000-3000 per 1000 (gave up looking so estimated)

Bonkers!!! Thats a lot. We are animals!!

Lets see the death-rate with it, that might get the rabbits down a bit. Otherwise they would walk us of the floor in a few years. ;)
RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Apr 27, 2009
RobbyG wrote:Bonkers!!! Thats a lot. We are animals!!

We are? Rabbits seem to be more active :shock: .
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Apr 27, 2009
bonk wrote:

:wink: :lol:
RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Apr 29, 2009
bonk wrote:

Alert the G-20; they need to meet to implement a plan called BIRTH CONTROL FOR RABBITS :D
Dubaidude007
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat