Dubai Issues List Of Prohibited Public Behaviours

Topic locked
Apr 04, 2009
*** You are all missing the point ***

MoeJoe's posts lay it out very clearly

That is what the true Emiratis and the vast majority of the muslim population of the UAE think of the hired western help.

Do not kid yourself, some will say "I have lots of lokal friends"

No you do not - you may think you are their friend, but I can guarantee they do not reciprocate the feeling, you are Side Show Bob to their Crusty the Clown.

And as current events are playing out it is you westerners who will find yourselves in jail, wondering where all your Emirati friends with Wasta are now !

Thank you MoeJoe, I have felt like a lone voice in the wilderness until you so eloquently underlined my point.

viking-warrior
Dubai Expat Helper

Apr 04, 2009
viking-warrior wrote:*** You are all missing the point ***

MoeJoe's posts lay it out very clearly

That is what the true Emiratis and the vast majority of the muslim population of the UAE think of the hired western help.

Do not kid yourself, some will say "I have lots of lokal friends"

No you do not - you may think you are their friend, but I can guarantee they do not reciprocate the feeling, you are Side Show Bob to their Crusty the Clown.

And as current events are playing out it is you westerners who will find yourselves in jail, wondering where all your Emirati friends with Wasta are now !

Thank you MoeJoe, I have felt like a lone voice in the wilderness until you so eloquently underlined my point.

*yawn...* and you thought it was all over...

viking-warrior, you've made around 20 posts in these forums, almost all of them negative in tone, and mostly about lack of ex-pats' right in Dubai. The weird thing is I don't think anyone has actually tried to argue that expats have strong rights here..so...

Do you have anything at all positive or upbeat to contribute to these forums? I agree you are 100 percent entitled to your opinions and to air them (over and over if you wish), but you are really in danger of being a one trick pony.

Isn't this subject just about done to death now?
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 04, 2009
*yawn....* a one trick pony, ...... were I only that limted, I would still be in Dubai

Your attempts at being as pithy as Robbie only serves to highlight your stubborn reluctance to face up to or even acknowledge reality, and the the number of posts that you make can only lead one of a number of conclusions

(a) you have so much time on your hands due to a lack of business that you can post 30 times per day on average

(b) you are employed in a Dubai Government company and therefore have doing nothing to do anyway

(c) you are unemployed / not working and are therefore hiding behind a freezone company for some other reason

My comment was generic, not directed at you, so get off your high camel and get a life, this is not about peoples rights, or lack of them, it was to highlight how the people that hold your destiny and freedom in their hands truely feel about you (Again generic) and the fact that whilst you were rightly unimpressed with his language again no one seemed to understand or acknowledge the message therein.

Alternatively, why dont you start a separate thread - Happy happy joy joy in Dubai ...... where you and your hoodwinked friends can talk yourselfs in to a frenzy of cuddly joy and bonhomie about the shared experience of 3 months in Dubai, I have lots of fun stories from decades ago that I could add

You appear to spend a lot of time critiquing others whilst not really adding much yourself, always easier to be an observer that a player, eh! :roll:

http://www.couldnotgiveaflyingfuckaboutdubai.com :D
viking-warrior
Dubai Expat Helper

Apr 04, 2009
viking-warrior wrote:*yawn....* a one trick pony, ...... were I only that limted, I would still be in Dubai

Your attempts at being as pithy as Robbie only serves to highlight your stubborn reluctance to face up to or even acknowledge reality, and the the number of posts that you make can only lead one of a number of conclusions

(a) you have so much time on your hands due to a lack of business that you can post 30 times per day on average

(b) you are employed in a Dubai Government company and therefore have doing nothing to do anyway

(c) you are unemployed / not working and are therefore hiding behind a freezone company for some other reason

My comment was generic, not directed at you, so get off your high camel and get a life, this is not about peoples rights, or lack of them, it was to highlight how the people that hold your destiny and freedom in their hands truely feel about you (Again generic) and the fact that whilst you were rightly unimpressed with his language again no one seemed to understand or acknowledge the message therein.

Alternatively, why dont you start a separate thread - Happy happy joy joy in Dubai ...... where you and your hoodwinked friends can talk yourselfs in to a frenzy of cuddly joy and bonhomie about the shared experience of 3 months in Dubai, I have lots of fun stories from decades ago that I could add

You appear to spend a lot of time critiquing others whilst not really adding much yourself, always easier to be an observer that a player, eh! :roll:

http://www.couldnotgiveaflyingfuckaboutdubai.com :D

I don't attempt to be anything buddy, but I dont want to waste a lot of words on this, see? 'One' has decided to pour on more negativity I see, again, your right I guess :)

I spend a lot of time at my keyboard and on mobile web/mail but as I'm not a two finger typist and don't need to spellcheck anything it takes me hardly any time to be active here. Yor generalizations about me are not only childish but 100 percent wrong, which you would know if you followed my posts. Ever help anyone in the expat help forum? No I didn't think so. But all you hear is blah blah blah when it goes against your already made up mind mate.

I spent about 7 or 8 hours at the keyboard yesterday (on my bloody weekend *sob*) because customers decided they needed me. But I made around USD 5-6000 though on two deals so it was better than nothing. I checked forums/facebook personal email all the while as well. maybe you can't multitask....

I didn't say your comment was directed at me. Ijust said that you and your 'dontgiveaf*ckaboutdubai.com* rants are really misplaced on a forum which is about Dubai, and shows you are a person who is unable to move forward in their life when something goes wrong and has to keep raking it over and over.

There, I'm generalising now!

Cheers
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 04, 2009
Sorry I thought you referred to yourself as 'one' (very royal), but I see it was just a mistype by you. Guess you couldn't wait to tear into me and check your post before sending....

No problem, I won't bother to comment any more on your 'I hate Dubai' posts, I just thought maybe you yourself would like to lighten up a bit. I can see I was wrong. I admit it. Happier?
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 04, 2009
Oh boo flippin' hooo to the pair of you! My heart bleeds! Get over yourselves already, this thread was dead long ago. Take it to fight club if you really feel you need to have a p*ssing contest!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Apr 04, 2009
If you notice that was my comment exactly. Nothing more to say.

I reckon the only thing bleeding on you today may be your liver after a Friday night out.... ;)
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 04, 2009
Speedhump wrote:If you notice that was my comment exactly. Nothing more to say.

I reckon the only thing bleeding on you today may be your liver after a Friday night out.... ;)

You forget the parrot between her legs SH. ;)
RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Apr 04, 2009
I didn't even want to go there.... (err, can I say that?)
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 04, 2009
Speedhump wrote:I didn't even want to go there.... (err, can I say that?)

Yes, unless you implied that Choc's got a smelly parrot down there....which raises the question; Are you familiar in that area? :lol: :lol: :lol:
RobbyG

Apr 04, 2009
RobbyG wrote:

Yes, unless you implied that Choc's got a smelly parrot down there....which raises the question; Are you familiar in that area? :lol: :lol: :lol:

You're trying to get me into trouble! I plead the fifth.

But....what are those feathers between your teeth?
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 04, 2009
Yuck!! You two are disgusting.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Apr 04, 2009
:lol: It worked majestically did it not? :lol:

Feathers? you mean furry fluff from Bora. Ohh she's so sweet, I've eaten her alive this morning. I ate the A$$ first. Medium rare...delicious ;)
RobbyG

Apr 04, 2009
Very ungentlemanly behaviour :evil:
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Apr 04, 2009
Oh come on Kanelli, just having a laugh here. I'm good with Bora. Just playing a bit.

Don't worry. We're just being...MAN. ;)
RobbyG

Apr 04, 2009
Well I don't find it funny in the slightesat. Infact it's downright foul!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Apr 04, 2009
That, my Chocs, was to be expected. ;)

I hope you can look at it from a word-game perspective. Its was the Humpmaster that really came up with all this 'bloody' talk 8)

I guess this is one of them funny talk issues that in some peoples opinion should be banned and registered on a list of prohibited public behaviours...
RobbyG

Apr 04, 2009
Speedhump wrote:
RobbyG wrote:

Alrit guy's leave choco out, go find urselves a strumpet! :lol: I hear Amsterdam's full of em? :)
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 04, 2009
Misery Called Life wrote:
Speedhump wrote:
RobbyG wrote:

Alrit guy's leave choco out, go find urselves a strumpet! :lol: I hear Hollad's full of em?

Lets blow this horn per decree. I took the freedom to present Chocs the Campsis Radicans, also known as the Blood (Red) Trumpet Vine;

RobbyG

Apr 04, 2009
RobbyG wrote:
Lets blow this horn per decree. I took the freedom to present Chocs the Campsis Radicans, also known as the Blood (Red) Trumpet Vine;

Flowers from me too! Game over.... ;)

Chocs mentioned blood from the heart, I said from the liver, it was the Naughty Nederlandsche boy who first took it further south !! :D

Night all!

+++

http://archive.salon.com

Penis flower fans storm Netherlands
Rare plant draws large crowds to see the phallus-shaped bloom.

- - - - - - - - - - - -
By Jack Boulware
Aug. 8, 2000

After more than a decade of anticipation, horticulture fans stormed a Dutch greenhouse this week to catch a glimpse of the "penis plant," the world's largest and smelliest flower.

Originally from Sumatra, the Amorphophallus titanum features a prominent phallus-like pod that can grow up to 12 feet tall. It can take several years to flower in captivity, but whenever it does, the bloom attracts penis flower fans from all over the world. Time is of the essence. The bloom usually lasts less than one day, and then, just like a human penis, the pod quickly shrivels up.

Visitors crowded into the greenhouse of the University of Leiden for a peek at the rare blossom, which gives off a pungent stench of rotting fish and putrid meat. Humans will wrinkle their noses, but in the wilds of Indonesia, carrion beetles are drawn to the odors, and inadvertently help perform the plant's pollination.

Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Dubai issues list of prohibited public behaviours Apr 11, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:DUBAI (Alarabiya.net, AFP)

Playing loud music, dancing, nudity, kissing and even holding hands in public is considered inappropriate behavior under new guidelines laid down by the authorities of Dubai, according to a press report on Saturday.

Dubai Executive Council issued a list of public behaviors that requires Dubai residents and visitors to respect the customs of the Muslim country and avoid what the council considers inappropriate behavior, according to the Arabic-language daily Al Emarat Al-Youm.

" Pants and skirts have to be of appropriate length, and outside clothing should not expose body parts indecently and should not be transparent "

Dubai Executive Council

The rules, which apply to all public places, include a ban on all forms of nudity, playing music loudly and dancing, exchange of kisses between men and women—and even on unmarried couples holding hands.

Any breach of the guidelines, by nationals or expatriates, carries a possible prison penalty, the paper wrote.

The order also requires all visitors of public places, such as government buildings, shopping malls, streets and restaurants to dress in “appropriate” clothing, otherwise they would be denied entrance to those areas.

“Pants and skirts have to be of appropriate length, and outside clothing should not expose body parts indecently and should not be transparent,” the guidelines stipulate under section “public behavior,” Al Emarat Al-Youm wrote.

In addition, the council ordered that anyone caught under the influence of alcohol—even a small amount—outside designated drinking areas is liable to being fined or imprisoned, the paper added.

Dubai, a member of the seven-emirate United Arab Emirates, has a diverse culture as it is home to a foreign population made up mainly of low-skilled workers from Asia and Western professionals.

Unlike most of its neighbors in the conservative Gulf region, the emirate tolerates a relatively relaxed dress code and hosts dozens of hotels that have bars and clubs, where alcohol is legally served.

However, a series of incidents, including crackdowns on cross dressers and the expulsion of two British expats found guilty of having love on the beach, has thrown into the limelight the sometimes clashing local and foreign cultures.

Dubai Executive Council issued a list of the Appropriate Public Behavior, obliging Dubai Locals, Expatriates and Visitors on respecting its Social, Cultural, Religious and Customary ethics.

The list ‘Obtained by Emirates Today News Paper’ compels locals, residents and visitors on respecting the country’s values, morals and believes by avoiding all kinds of inappropriate behaviors throughout the whole Emirate.

The list has been circulated throughout Dubai’s Governmental Departments and Private Companies.

Under the Article of Public Moral Code, the list stressed on the importance of respecting the UAE’s icons, including but not limited to it’s Governors, Flag, National Symbols…etc.

According to the list, any insolence of the aforementioned will be considered a crime.

Visitors of all public places in the Emirate, including but not limited to Governmental Buildings, Shopping Malls, Restaurants and other are obliged to wear suitable clothes at all times. Individual wearing improper/indecent clothes will be banned of entry.

The list obliges visitors of both genders to wear accepted swimming attires at beaches and swimming areas (in respect of society’s culture & values). It also prohibits wearing swim wear afar swimming areas as stipulated by the General Dress Code applicable to the rest of the Emirate (Decent Clothing).

Nudity of all sorts and kinds is strictly prohibited and is penalized with imprisonment and ejection.

Under the Article “Behavior Between Sexes”, the list strictly prohibits several actions in public such as: any kind of; kissing, cuddling, fondling, sexual harassing, harassment of women, hand holding or any other act that can be considered as abrasion of modesty. Any individual who conduct such act will in violation to Public Decency which can be penalized with imprisonment and ejection.

Only married couples are permitted to hold hands in decent ways that does not harass public civility.

Hence Dancing and disturbing Loud Music in Public places such as beaches, parks and residential hoods is forbidden; its allowed in its designated places.

Alcohol and Drudges: Alcohol is only allowed in its licensed places. Any breach will be punished with imprisonment and fine.

Drugs are strictly forbidden. Its position, consumption or trading is con considered a crime.

Drivers caught under alcohol effects will be legally accountable for the consequences which may lead to expulsion.

Drivers should use head sets. All vehicle passengers including driver are obliged to wear seat belts. Children must be seated in the back seats. Road way must be vacated to Police, Ambulance and Fire department cars. Drivers are prohibited from stopping to watch accidents. Pedestrians must be respected.

Smoking is restricted to its permitted areas. Violators will be held accountable.

Any chemicals that affect the mind is prohibited, and consuming it is punishable by law.

Verbal abuse of all kinds, offensive hand gestures or any other aggressive or malevolent gestures is a violation panelized with fine and imprisonment. All nationalities and religions must be respected. Old civilians, disabled and pregnant woman should be given priority when necessary. Whistling, Loud conversations and laughter should be avoided.

Spreading or circulating false roomers, news’s or jokes that harasses public security, peacefulness and health will be punishable.

Being cautious while taking photographic pictures is necessary. Photographing women and families on purpose without taking permission is publicly un accepted in Dubai.

The list has allocated a special article on the Islamic Religion & Other Religions, obliging those concerned to switch off music in public places or in Cars in proximity to Mosques or when the Call for Prayer ‘Muslim Athaan’ is on.

In the Month of Ramadan, Eating, drinking and smoking in public places is strictly forbidden. Those who breach will be legally accountable.

The list has stressed on restricting any religious activity, Islamic or non Islamic unless permitted through competent authorities.

i know..my reply is a little too late..it's a shame thing to admit..i just got out of the jail because, i lost my job and the bank in which ive been paying continously for my loans and credit card sent me in.

surprisingly, while in there, was shocked to learn about this news...for ive seen a lot of ladies being jailed for wearing those prohibit dresses mentioned herein, and some were jailed for just kissing goodbye to their lovers..there was even one 15 year old girll from russia who came in just because of wearing shorts and a sleeveless top in mall of emirates with her mom..

whew..what a law huh..well..this is their country and cant do nuthin from that..maybe just to bid goodbye from them... :shock: :shock: :shock:
ce*ce_me
Dubai Forums Member

Apr 11, 2009
CC - so sorry to hear about your ordeal. Hope all is well with you now.

Thank you so much for your post. Better late than never because I don't think there are any people here who could confirm first hand, as you have done, that the law is being enforced.

What are your plans now?
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

ce*ce_me wrote:

Playing loud music, dancing, nudity, kissing and even holding hands in public is considered inappropriate behavior under new guidelines laid down by the authorities of Dubai, according to a press report on Saturday.

Dubai Executive Council issued a list of public behaviors that requires Dubai residents and visitors to respect the customs of the Muslim country and avoid what the council considers inappropriate behavior, according to the Arabic-language daily Al Emarat Al-Youm.

" Pants and skirts have to be of appropriate length, and outside clothing should not expose body parts indecently and should not be transparent "

Dubai Executive Council

The rules, which apply to all public places, include a ban on all forms of nudity, playing music loudly and dancing, exchange of kisses between men and women—and even on unmarried couples holding hands.

Any breach of the guidelines, by nationals or expatriates, carries a possible prison penalty, the paper wrote.

The order also requires all visitors of public places, such as government buildings, shopping malls, streets and restaurants to dress in “appropriate” clothing, otherwise they would be denied entrance to those areas.

“Pants and skirts have to be of appropriate length, and outside clothing should not expose body parts indecently and should not be transparent,” the guidelines stipulate under section “public behavior,” Al Emarat Al-Youm wrote.

In addition, the council ordered that anyone caught under the influence of alcohol—even a small amount—outside designated drinking areas is liable to being fined or imprisoned, the paper added.

Dubai, a member of the seven-emirate United Arab Emirates, has a diverse culture as it is home to a foreign population made up mainly of low-skilled workers from Asia and Western professionals.

Unlike most of its neighbors in the conservative Gulf region, the emirate tolerates a relatively relaxed dress code and hosts dozens of hotels that have bars and clubs, where alcohol is legally served.

However, a series of incidents, including crackdowns on cross dressers and the expulsion of two British expats found guilty of having love on the beach, has thrown into the limelight the sometimes clashing local and foreign cultures.

Dubai Executive Council issued a list of the Appropriate Public Behavior, obliging Dubai Locals, Expatriates and Visitors on respecting its Social, Cultural, Religious and Customary ethics.

The list ‘Obtained by Emirates Today News Paper’ compels locals, residents and visitors on respecting the country’s values, morals and believes by avoiding all kinds of inappropriate behaviors throughout the whole Emirate.

The list has been circulated throughout Dubai’s Governmental Departments and Private Companies.

Under the Article of Public Moral Code, the list stressed on the importance of respecting the UAE’s icons, including but not limited to it’s Governors, Flag, National Symbols…etc.

According to the list, any insolence of the aforementioned will be considered a crime.

Visitors of all public places in the Emirate, including but not limited to Governmental Buildings, Shopping Malls, Restaurants and other are obliged to wear suitable clothes at all times. Individual wearing improper/indecent clothes will be banned of entry.

The list obliges visitors of both genders to wear accepted swimming attires at beaches and swimming areas (in respect of society’s culture & values). It also prohibits wearing swim wear afar swimming areas as stipulated by the General Dress Code applicable to the rest of the Emirate (Decent Clothing).

Nudity of all sorts and kinds is strictly prohibited and is penalized with imprisonment and ejection.

Under the Article “Behavior Between Sexes”, the list strictly prohibits several actions in public such as: any kind of; kissing, cuddling, fondling, sexual harassing, harassment of women, hand holding or any other act that can be considered as abrasion of modesty. Any individual who conduct such act will in violation to Public Decency which can be penalized with imprisonment and ejection.

Only married couples are permitted to hold hands in decent ways that does not harass public civility.

Hence Dancing and disturbing Loud Music in Public places such as beaches, parks and residential hoods is forbidden; its allowed in its designated places.

Alcohol and Drudges: Alcohol is only allowed in its licensed places. Any breach will be punished with imprisonment and fine.

Drugs are strictly forbidden. Its position, consumption or trading is con considered a crime.

Drivers caught under alcohol effects will be legally accountable for the consequences which may lead to expulsion.

Drivers should use head sets. All vehicle passengers including driver are obliged to wear seat belts. Children must be seated in the back seats. Road way must be vacated to Police, Ambulance and Fire department cars. Drivers are prohibited from stopping to watch accidents. Pedestrians must be respected.

Smoking is restricted to its permitted areas. Violators will be held accountable.

Any chemicals that affect the mind is prohibited, and consuming it is punishable by law.

Verbal abuse of all kinds, offensive hand gestures or any other aggressive or malevolent gestures is a violation panelized with fine and imprisonment. All nationalities and religions must be respected. Old civilians, disabled and pregnant woman should be given priority when necessary. Whistling, Loud conversations and laughter should be avoided.

Spreading or circulating false roomers, news’s or jokes that harasses public security, peacefulness and health will be punishable.

Being cautious while taking photographic pictures is necessary. Photographing women and families on purpose without taking permission is publicly un accepted in Dubai.

The list has allocated a special article on the Islamic Religion & Other Religions, obliging those concerned to switch off music in public places or in Cars in proximity to Mosques or when the Call for Prayer ‘Muslim Athaan’ is on.

In the Month of Ramadan, Eating, drinking and smoking in public places is strictly forbidden. Those who breach will be legally accountable.

The list has stressed on restricting any religious activity, Islamic or non Islamic unless permitted through competent authorities.

i know..my reply is a little too late..it's a shame thing to admit..i just got out of the jail because, i lost my job and the bank in which ive been paying continously for my loans and credit card sent me in.

surprisingly, while in there, was shocked to learn about this news...for ive seen a lot of ladies being jailed for wearing those prohibit dresses mentioned herein, and some were jailed for just kissing goodbye to their lovers..there was even one 15 year old girll from russia who came in just because of wearing shorts and a sleeveless top in mall of emirates with her mom..

whew..what a law huh..well..this is their country and cant do nuthin from that..maybe just to bid goodbye from them... :shock: :shock: :shock:

How long did you had to reside in jail?

Can you tell us some more about you experience and the circumstances?

Thnnks
RobbyG

RobbyG wrote:
ce*ce_me wrote:

Dubai Executive Council

How long did you had to reside in jail?

Can you tell us some more about you experience and the circumstances?

Thnnks

was there for 40 days..hmmm..difficult..really..traumatic even..imagine having a call in between ur lunch, only to find out ull be jailed and leaving ur child and husband at home..

traumatic
ce*ce_me
Dubai Forums Member

Apr 11, 2009
CC, if it is not too personal what were you jailed for? Where are you from? I understand that the woman's jail is horrible.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Apr 12, 2009
Bora Bora wrote:CC, if it is not too personal what were you jailed for? Where are you from? I understand that the woman's jail is horrible.

She had already noted that bad debts were the reason I believe
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Apr 12, 2009
sage & onion wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:CC, if it is not too personal what were you jailed for? Where are you from? I understand that the woman's jail is horrible.

Right you are (grrr, as usual). Thanks for pointing that out.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Apr 12, 2009
Bora Bora wrote:
sage & onion wrote:

Bora is a little distracted, since the has got her big puny eyes focussed on yet another male boy toy 8)

Excuse her for being very unattractive at this point :wink: :lol: 8)
RobbyG

Apr 12, 2009
RobbyG wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:
sage & onion wrote:

Bora is a little distracted, since the has got her big puny eyes focussed on yet another male boy toy 8)

Excuse her for being very unattractive at this point :wink: :lol: 8)

Being rather unkind don't you think?
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Apr 12, 2009
No, she gets it. You clearly don't ;)
RobbyG

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat