Bringing Alcohol Into Dubai As A Gift?

Topic locked
Bringing alcohol into Dubai as a gift? Jan 23, 2006
My BF and I are moving to Dubai in a few weeks and staying with some expat friends of ours. We were hoping to bring them a bottle of Canadian icewine as a little gift (we're pretty sure they can't get it in Dubai and thought it would be a nice reminder from home) but I'm not sure if we'll have problems bringing it into the country.

Does anyone have information on bringing alcohol into Dubai as a gift? Please let me know - thanks!

Sweetlethe

Lethe
Dubai Forum Visitor

Jan 23, 2006
You are allowed to bring 4 litres of whatever you like into Dubai, whether that be wine, beer, spitits or fire water :lol:

4 x 1 litre bottles or other sizes, so yes, you will be OK.
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Jan 24, 2006
A little off topic but once i saw ice wine for sale in Qatar, the good stuff from Niagra falls area.

As Yorky said as long as you are not muslim, 4 litres, enjoy.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Jan 24, 2006
Hey Lethe, just wanted to say hello!!!!!
kelly1966
Dubai Forums Talker

Jan 24, 2006
Along with your little girft. Buy your booze when you get off the plane, there's a good duty free shop just after passport control and it's sooooo cheap, buy your regular stuff there on arrival, not from home.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jan 25, 2006
Thanks for all the tips -- I was actually wondering if it would be cheaper in the Duty Free - and if they had on in Dubai. I might pick some stuff up there, but I'll bring the icewine from home - don't want to take the chance that they won't have any!

So 4 litres of any form of alchohol? Sounds good!

Thanks all -
Lethe

P.S. Hi Kelly!
Lethe
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: Bringing Alcohol Into Dubai As A Gift? May 05, 2011
you can bring 4 units of alcohol - that could be 4 litres of vodka - but if you want a case of beer (24 pc) than it costs you a unit...........
dubaipetfood
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: Bringing Alcohol Into Dubai As A Gift? May 06, 2011
Answering to a post from January 2006?? Odds are that they already got the information!!!
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Re: Bringing Alcohol Into Dubai As A Gift? May 08, 2011
You're probably right about that Bora Bora. It's unlikley they were checking the forum regularly for the last 6 years waiting for clarification on what happens if you bring beer.
blueshift
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum