Bringing Dogs To Dubai

Topic locked
Bringing dogs to Dubai Nov 09, 2009
I know this topic has had lots of air time on this forum but I can't find any messages from anyone who has successfully brought a 'banned' dog into Dubai. My understanding is that the 'ban' relates to not causing a nuisance or taking them out in public without a lead and muzzle. My wife and I are looking to move to Dubai early next year and we have 2 dogs. An English Bull Terrier (like Bullseye in Oliver) and a cross EBT/Staffy. Can ANYONE please let us know if you have successfully brought either of these types into Dubai. If so, did you have to jump through any extra 'hoops' and how have the dogs coped with the heat?

JDM7799
Dubai Forum Guest

Nov 15, 2009
Whenever my family moved from Azerbaijan to Dubai back in 2006 we flew our rottweiler from Baku to Dubai via Frankfurt with Lufthansa. As far as I am aware, as long as you have all the vaccination paperwork in order then there should be little problem.

I do know that if you have a known 'vicious' dog (rottweiler, pitbull etc.) then you must have them on a lead at all times, as well as having them muzzled when outside of where you are staying. Please see http://dwc.hct.ac.ae/expatinfo/animals.htm for more information about someones own case story.

When we first got our rottweiler in Baku in 2003 we kept him indoors, but he was chewing the furniture too much so we sent him to police training and kept him outside. Since moving to Dubai he has remained an outdoor dog. He has a fenced area outdoors with an air conditioned kennel. He is locked in his own area during the day where he mostly sleeps in the kennel, but at night he is allowed out to roam the garden.

He's now 7 years old and still full of energy, so as for coping with the heat I'd say he's doing pretty well.

RossBaku :-D
rossbaku
Dubai Forums Talker

Re: Bringing dogs to Dubai Dec 07, 2009
Thanks Ross. I think we have worked it all out now and just need to get on with the thousands of things we need to get done before heading off in January (including Christmas)!

Cheers,

John
JDM7799
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Bringing dogs to Dubai Dec 10, 2009
JDM7799 wrote:Thanks Ross. I think we have worked it all out now and just need to get on with the thousands of things we need to get done before heading off in January (including Christmas)!

Cheers,

John

Make sure because the last poster states that the dogs were brough in in 2006 and the new law went in effect in 2008. I suggest you speak to a person who imports dogs. I know Snoopy pets (Katie) does that kind of work. Give her a call to make sure 971 (0)55 902 7425 http://www.snoopypets.com/grooming_main.html

According to Snoopy Pet's site:

The following breeds of dogs are prohibited to be imported into UAE:

• All kinds of Pit Bull
• Japanese Tosa (Tosa Inu, Tosa Fighting Dog)
• Dogo Argentino, Argentinean Mastiff
• Fila Brasileino, Brazilian Mastiff
• Crossbreeds with any extract of the above listed breeds
• Wolf Hybrid dog or cross of dog with a wolf
• American Staffordshire Terrier
XPT
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum