that's rite

cheers!!!!

8)

sharfraz
Dubai chat master

Mar 24, 2009
Oh I've seen the signs and even read the report on the RTA site:

http://www.rta.ae/

but please point at where it officially states that your car will be impounded and you will be fined 5000 AED.

I received an email on this yesterday and it is just one of those mails that gets sent around Dubai.

Maybe I should have been clearer in my first post:
Show me some proof on the fines and I will believe this - otherwise its bullsh!t......
XPClone
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 24, 2009
rudeboy wrote:
sage & onion wrote:
rudeboy wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:
rudeboy wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:
rudeboy wrote:well i am not referring to anyone specifically on this forum. ppl are rich in dubai you know it and i know it. if you dont know it. go to dubai marina, go to jlt, etc.

do you drive a company car?

I didn't think you were referring to anyone specifically on the forum. I know that you are generalizing On the level of one's financial work, where to you stand?

FYI: I drive my own car which is 7 years old.

And living in the Marina doesn't make you filthy rich. Most of those apartments were bought off plan years ago. Many of the residents have two incomes which made it possible to purchase a flat. Keep in mind that many of the flats in the marina are either rentals or sitting vacant, as well as in JBR.

are u a westerner?

What does that have to do with anything?

westerners get a pretty salary. so are you? yes or no?

Before you ask the question, tell us what you are?

british :D ;) :D

You hold the British passport? If so, I am inclined to think that you may be a hyphenated Brit. Or, your family migrated to Britain and by birth you received the British passport.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Mar 24, 2009
rudeboy wrote:there was a law about strict clamp down on ppl who drive on the hard shoulder. but still ppl do it. and how exactly do you catch them? by having more police cars? by having loads of cctv cameras on every single road?

fact is ppl in dxb are rich filthy. 10,000dhs is what? nothing to someone who can drive a cruiser, patrol, bmw or a merc, lexus. and hey they will consficate your car :S WOWEEEEE thats great but hmmmm what if in your house there are 4 cars :D

lol

They're fixing the hard shoulder problem in Abu Dhabi by installing speed bumps every 20 meters. Twas' great fun to sit out by the road and watch landcruisers and mercs starting flying and spraying sparks all over the place during rush hour the first day they installed them.
Hulahula
Dubai Forums Talker

Mar 24, 2009
Talking on the phone isn't the scary part...it's the messaging while driving that needs to be checked, and how can the police keep track of that without x-ray goggles!!!?
Snow
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 24, 2009
So RB if you are British then that must mean you are filthy rich by your definition. What do you do for a living? Where in Dubai do you live? And why do you judge Westerners and so strongly defend the Indian population.

FYI there are Indians in Dubai who hold a huge mass of money. I think that you need to reach out to them and wag your finger at them for not doing something for their fellow man suffering in Dubai. JUMBO is a good place to start. And when you get finished with the wealthy Indians in Dubai head on out to India and give those who own Tata and Reliance a piece of your mind. And while you are there you can get in touch with the Indian goverment and ask them what they did with the money that the production company paid them to film Slumdog Millionaire. Maybe they can set up a clinic for those infected with AIDS.

Stop making the problems of Indians everyone elses responsibility.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Mar 24, 2009
According to research talking on a cell phone period, even with a headset is the same level of distraction. As well, it is the same as talking with a passenger in the car. Also, eating and drinking and reading the newspaper and personal grooming are huge factors in many crashes. Why can't people just drive from A to B and focus on the driving? If people get to casual about driving it endangers everyone else on the road.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Mar 24, 2009
Talking on the phone is much more distracting than talking to a passenger. There are many reasons for this. First of all, talking on the phone takes more effort to understand what the person is saying on account of the poor voice quality (even with the best connection possible). Secondly, the person on the other line does not see what you see and, unlike a passenger, will not stop talking even if there's an imminent need for you to focus all your attention on the road.
gamercowboy
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 24, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:Using the phone whilst driving has always been illegal without a headset!

And are you blind? Or have you not seen those great big flashing warning messages from the RTA on the highways saying - 'Do not use your phone, call when you arrive!'

i need really big glasses cos maybe they have put it in really really small words :D
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 24, 2009
Bora Bora wrote:
rudeboy wrote:
sage & onion wrote:
rudeboy wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:
rudeboy wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:
rudeboy wrote:well i am not referring to anyone specifically on this forum. ppl are rich in dubai you know it and i know it. if you dont know it. go to dubai marina, go to jlt, etc.

I didn't think you were referring to anyone specifically on the forum. I know that you are generalizing On the level of one's financial work, where to you stand?

And living in the Marina doesn't make you filthy rich. Most of those apartments were bought off plan years ago. Many of the residents have two incomes which made it possible to purchase a flat. Keep in mind that many of the flats in the marina are either rentals or sitting vacant, as well as in JBR.

are u a westerner?

You hold the British passport? If so, I am inclined to think that you may be a hyphenated Brit. Or, your family migrated to Britain and by birth you received the British passport.

last time i checked i was british :D will let you know if there are any updates :D by the way you still havent told me where u from?? what is it with ppl and them telling their nationalities :S i guess ppl in dxb arent really proud of what they are or where they from.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 24, 2009
Hulahula wrote:
rudeboy wrote:there was a law about strict clamp down on ppl who drive on the hard shoulder. but still ppl do it. and how exactly do you catch them? by having more police cars? by having loads of cctv cameras on every single road?

fact is ppl in dxb are rich filthy. 10,000dhs is what? nothing to someone who can drive a cruiser, patrol, bmw or a merc, lexus. and hey they will consficate your car :S WOWEEEEE thats great but hmmmm what if in your house there are 4 cars :D

lol

They're fixing the hard shoulder problem in Abu Dhabi by installing speed bumps every 20 meters. Twas' great fun to sit out by the road and watch landcruisers and mercs starting flying and spraying sparks all over the place during rush hour the first day they installed them.

hmmm thats not going to help much especially when ppl on jumeriah beach road "jump" over the speed bumps there :D
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 24, 2009
rudeboy wrote:
sage & onion wrote:
rudeboy wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:
rudeboy wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:

are u a westerner?

Wouldn't that make you a westerner? Well then, that must make you filthy rich!

You are a walking, breathing contradiction.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Mar 24, 2009
Bora Bora wrote:So RB if you are British then that must mean you are filthy rich by your definition. What do you do for a living? Where in Dubai do you live? And why do you judge Westerners and so strongly defend the Indian population.

FYI there are Indians in Dubai who hold a huge mass of money. I think that you need to reach out to them and wag your finger at them for not doing something for their fellow man suffering in Dubai. JUMBO is a good place to start. And when you get finished with the wealthy Indians in Dubai head on out to India and give those who own Tata and Reliance a piece of your mind. And while you are there you can get in touch with the Indian goverment and ask them what they did with the money that the production company paid them to film Slumdog Millionaire. Maybe they can set up a clinic for those infected with AIDS.

i dont judge westerners. westerners are humans like us all. we all make mistakes. yeh i do egg some westerners off but i only do that when they mistake islam for something else. i also try to help out the westerners by providing them more info on islam and the islamic culture and way of living.

hehehe i never have defended the indian government or indian population. on the contary i have been doing the opposite :D check my posts you will be suprised :D bloody *N*£)S
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 24, 2009
rudeboy wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:So RB if you are British then that must mean you are filthy rich by your definition. What do you do for a living? Where in Dubai do you live? And why do you judge Westerners and so strongly defend the Indian population.

i dont judge westerners. westerners are humans like us all. we all make mistakes. yeh i do egg some westerners off but i only do that when they mistake islam for something else. i also try to help out the westerners by providing them more info on islam and the islamic culture and way of living.

hehehe i never have defended the indian government or indian population. on the contary i have been doing the opposite :D check my posts you will be suprised :D bloody *N*£)S

So, you are british, but don't consider yourself a westerner (see highlighted text) as you use the term "like us all" - who is "us all"?, then I have to ask what your ethnicity is? And how can you say you don't judge westerners when you outright claimed that they are all filthy rich? You are clearly anti-western.

My guess is that you are a distant relative of bangleboy.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Mar 24, 2009
:lol:
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Mar 25, 2009
Bora Bora wrote:
rudeboy wrote:

So, you are british, but don't consider yourself a westerner (see highlighted text) as you use the term "like us all" - who is "us all"?, then I have to ask what your ethnicity is? And how can you say you don't judge westerners when you outright claimed that they are all filthy rich? You are clearly anti-western.

Now you are talking :lol: :lol: :lol:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Mar 25, 2009
He may be Britsiharab, another poster who likes to crap on this forum. He ain't British. Just look at the way he writes.
K-Dog
Dubai Expat Helper

Mar 25, 2009
K-Dog wrote:He may be Britsiharab, another poster who likes to crap on this forum. He ain't British. Just look at the way he writes.

Me thinks Indian, holding the British passport.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Mar 25, 2009
Bora Bora wrote:
K-Dog wrote:He may be Britsiharab, another poster who likes to crap on this forum. He ain't British. Just look at the way he writes.

No I don't think so. He has posted some really vile stuff about Indians. My bet is on Afghan holding a Brit PP.
K-Dog
Dubai Expat Helper

Mar 25, 2009
K-Dog wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:

No I don't think so. He has posted some really vile stuff about Indians. My bet is on Afghan holding a Brit PP.

Well we won't find out until he answers some questions, which he has totally avoided doing. But we do know one thing for sure, he is a walking contradiction. Multiple personalities???
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Mar 25, 2009

...dudes ... what's with that looking for his identity!!!!!

sharfraz
Dubai chat master

Mar 25, 2009
K-Dog wrote:No I don't think so. He has posted some really vile stuff about Indians. My bet is on Afghan holding a Brit PP.

He-he British PP holder that has been living in SHJ. :roll:
Probably he likes its Muslim heritage and conservatism. :?
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Mar 25, 2009
Red Chief wrote:
K-Dog wrote:No I don't think so. He has posted some really vile stuff about Indians. My bet is on Afghan holding a Brit PP.

He-he British PP holder that has been living in SHJ. :roll:
Probably he likes its Muslim heritage and conservatism. :?

hey, there are more...however I live in dubai!!!!

8)
sharfraz
Dubai chat master

Mar 25, 2009
sharfraz wrote::lol:

...dudes ... what's with that looking for his identity!!!!!

Well Dude, not looking for his "identity". Please read posts from the beginning and you will understand why the questions.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Mar 28, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:And are you blind? Or have you not seen those great big flashing warning messages from the RTA on the highways saying - 'Do not use your phone, call when you arrive!'

The RTA is so intent on making my life on the roads difficult. What with watching the DVD player, trying to send text messages, drinking my coffee, keeping an eye on the car behind me trying to insert their number plate up my exhaust pipe, checking email on the blackberry, slowing down for speed cameras, reading the map to get the right exit off the highway ... now I gotta check those overhead signs as well :?:
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Mar 28, 2009
bonk wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:And are you blind? Or have you not seen those great big flashing warning messages from the RTA on the highways saying - 'Do not use your phone, call when you arrive!'

The RTA is so intent on making my life on the roads difficult. What with watching the DVD player, trying to send text messages, drinking my coffee, keeping an eye on the car behind me trying to insert their number plate up my exhaust pipe, checking email on the blackberry, slowing down for speed cameras, reading the map to get the right exit off the highway ... now I gotta check those overhead signs as well :?:

Don't shortchange your female multitasking abilities, we all know you apply your lippy and mascara too....
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 28, 2009
Speedhump wrote:Don't shortchange your female multitasking abilities, we all know you apply your lippy and mascara too....

And shave my legs on Mondays ...
bonk

Mar 28, 2009
bonk wrote:
Speedhump wrote:Don't shortchange your female multitasking abilities, we all know you apply your lippy and mascara too....

And shave my legs on Mondays ...

so they're nice and stubbly again for the weekend? :D
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 28, 2009
Speedhump wrote:so they're nice and stubbly again for the weekend? :D

"And baby when it's love if it's not rough it isn't fun ..."
bonk

Mar 28, 2009
Bora Bora wrote:
rudeboy wrote:

boy you need to take the chill pill :D

anti-western lol you still havent told me where u from :S what is it with ppl and their ethnic roots :S i just asked where you from and you getting cheesed off :S you aint EVEN WESTERN and you are on my case. lol.

i am not anti-western. i am anti-western GOVERNMENTS. got it?
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat