Good posting kid.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Mar 13, 2009
thanks for sharing..
quatroporte
Dubai chat master

Mar 13, 2009
is death by stoning still legal in the UAE? it may be never applied, but i read that it is still in the law.

Is it true that fathering a children without being married can land a couple in prison?
herve
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 13, 2009
Thanks, lets just hope they'll pass it to new city arrivals this time :wink:
uaekid
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Mar 13, 2009
herve wrote:is death by stoning still legal in the UAE? it may be never applied, but i read that it is still in the law.

Is it true that fathering a children without being married can land a couple in prison?

your posts just show how you hate UAE and its ppl. would anyone be interested in reading your book knowing that it is biased?
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 13, 2009
it is just a question, you cant put forward transparancy and ignore questions because they are embarrassing, and the responses in contradiction to what you claim.
herve
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 13, 2009
rudeboy wrote:
herve wrote:is death by stoning still legal in the UAE? it may be never applied, but i read that it is still in the law.

your posts just show how you hate UAE and its ppl. would anyone be interested in reading your book knowing that it is biased?

This kind of posts from people who react like you (Rudebwoy) are causing a ban on everything. You are insulting, biased and non-negotiable at times.

Open your mind son. We won't take your identity away by loosening up a bit. This kind of defense shows your weakness again and again and again...every time again.

Let it go and discuss our differences like a multiculti :idea:
RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Mar 13, 2009
RobbyG wrote:
Let it go and discuss our differences like a multiculti :idea:

I'm sorry Robby but there is no such thing as discussing differences here !! it's all about pointing at other ppl and forcing what you see is right in your terms. to me personally I see all of you coming from worst cultures no matter how you look at it compared to ours yet you still point fingers at Arabs and Asians in general. beside I don't thing rudeboy is local.

and ppl stop trolling my thread :lol:
uaekid

Mar 13, 2009

And how about France then?

http://www.dumblaws.com/laws/france

Big Government. Small Brains. Dumb Laws.

Between the hours of 8AM and 8PM, 70% of music on the radio must be by French artists.
It is illegal to kiss on railways in France.
No pig may be addressed as Napoleon by its owner.
It is illegal to take photos of police officers or police vehicles, even if they are just in the background.
It is forbidden without a cemetery plot to die on the territory of the commune.

So what does that prove? Laws still exist on statute books all over the world that won't be enforced any more, they are there just because there's no actual need to repeal them. I'm happy to live in Dubai, a country where public drunkenness and lewd behaviour are acted on by police. What's wrong with some morality?

I completey agree with RedHawk's recent posts. You came here without full disclosure of your past, they found out you had been a spy, that's YOUR BAD, and any treatment that befell you after that can only be viewed in that light. Once you have been a spy, no-one can ever trust you again (even the people you spied for), and anyone that even talks to you must see you as a potential threat especially when you are dealing with business at the very highest level.
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: thread of the month Mar 13, 2009
uaekid wrote:Dubai new code of conduct check it out

http://uaesm.maktoob.com/up/uploads/6f8ab77275.pdf

I hope this has been sent to all countries' embassies and consulates in the UAE. I also think tourists coming to the UAE should be given a copy of this by their tour companies.....

The driving section I think ALL nationalities should have to recite this five times each night before prayers.
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 14, 2009
Speedhump wrote:

Between the hours of 8AM and 8PM, 70% of music on the radio must be by French artists.
It is illegal to take photos of police officers or police vehicles, even if they are just in the background.

So what does that prove? Laws still exist on statute books all over the world that won't be enforced any more, they are there just because there's no actual need to repeal them. I'm happy to live in Dubai, a country where public drunkenness and lewd behaviour are acted on by police. What's wrong with some morality?

I completey agree with RedHawk's recent posts. You came here without full disclosure of your past, they found out you had been a spy, that's YOUR BAD, and any treatment that befell you after that can only be viewed in that light. Once you have been a spy, no-one can ever trust you again (even the people you spied for), and anyone that even talks to you must see you as a potential threat especially when you are dealing with business at the very highest level.

Morality? bravo that is the best one of this forum.
i saw first hand my Emirati' partners and friends , maried with 4 wives and cheating EVERY single day with prostitutes. and the poor wives have to swallow it. try that in the free world you get divorced. liquor stores with Emirati's customers, is not it that alcohol is forbiden?
as far as laws, Dubai is a facade, behind its glitter it shows anachronistics laws, not dumb laws, medievalistic laws, ruthless, there is a difference in ever getting a ticket for taking pictures of a french cop (never heard of) and being flogged because you slept with your girl frienD.
Hypocrisy, when having children out of marriage can land a couple straight to jail, but Sheikh Mohammed with 17 children i find hard to beleive he had 16 of them with only one wife. so he is above the law and can jail a british couple for a french kiss at the beach while he does what he wants and jail anyone who would report it. For anyone here, should you know that by Emirati law, a "french kiss " is considered s..e.x... and is worth 1 year in prison. Dubai, like Miami, no way, more like Ryad.
by the way is it moral to kidnap little boys and force them to be camel jockeys.
In France, in the US or anywhere else, no one confiscates your passport, even if you are sued.
The UAE is the last country in the world to give any lessons of morality

tell me what this guy was doing in a liquore store, i busted him with my camera. morality....please try something else, you are going to make everybody laugh.

www.escapefromdubai.com
herve
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 14, 2009
You mean: the truth is enlightening :D (for an open minded person)

Nothing better than a good portion of reality.
RobbyG

Mar 14, 2009
herve wrote:
Speedhump wrote:

Morality? bravo that is the best one of this forum.
i saw first hand my Emirati' partners and friends , maried with 4 wives and cheating EVERY single day with prostitutes. and the poor wives have to swallow it. try that in the free world you get divorced. liquor stores with Emirati's customers, is not it that alcohol is forbiden?
as far as laws, Dubai is a facade, behind its glitter it shows anachronistics laws, not dumb laws, medievalistic laws, ruthless, there is a difference in ever getting a ticket for taking pictures of a french cop (never heard of) and being flogged because you slept with your girl frienD.
Hypocrisy, when having children out of marriage can land a couple straight to jail, but Sheikh Mohammed with 17 children i find hard to beleive he had 16 of them with only one wife. so he is above the law and can jail a british couple for a french kiss at the beach while he does what he wants and jail anyone who would report it. For anyone here, should you know that by Emirati law, a "french kiss " is considered s..e.x... Dubai, like Miami, no way, more like Ryad.
by the way is it moral to kidnap little boys and force them to be camel jockeys.
In France, in the US or anywhere else, no one confiscates your passport, even if you are sued.
The UAE is the last country in the world to give any lessons of morality

tell me what this guy was doing in a liquore store, i busted him with my camera. morality....please try something else, you are going to make everybody laugh.

ah, if i could be blocked from this forum, that would make your day. the truth is disturbing.

www.escapefromdubai.com

Morality in the West is totally bankrupt, don't try to make it sound like the UAE is the only place where its citizens don't abide by the laws, you make yourself look like a fool with your photo. There are always a visible minority who don't abide by the law and have no shame about it. Everywhere.

In a Muslim country people should know what to expect or just get out. It's pure arrogance to expect them to change their laws because they don't suit you although Muslims are trying it in the West I admit, it's just wrong. By the way, did you hear of anyone being flogged here for pregnancy outside marriage? No, you didn't.

It's NOT within the law for your employer to confiscate your passport here and you must know it so stop with your smokescreens. But possession is nine tenths of the law and if any expat owed me even 200,000 dirhams and I thought they were dodgy I'd have their passport quick as a flash until the paid me, and let them go to the DNR or the police.

On the other hand, for the authorities to take your passport to stop you fleeing the country is of course totally within the law in all countries, if the offence is serious enough.

Sheikh Mo's children? Now you're just throwing stuff around in desperation....get some proof that they haven't either been produced by his wife or adopted. Your insinuations and suggestions picked from the air are a very bad advertisement for your book. Most people like to read facts.

The UAE isn't 'giving lessons in morality' it's applying its laws to the people living here, as all countries do. It's a pity you didn't learn your own lessons before you came here. Do they need to put in their visa applications 'ex spies not permitted entry'? You're a sneaky little person who has lived on and made money from lies and deception. You got what you deserved. End of story (and NOT one worth reading).

It's a pity you weren't caught working in Iraq, then you would actually have had a book to write.

Ban you from the forums? Who's said anything about banning you....this is fun.

p.s. child jockeys were banned years ago, even your research is cr*p!!
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 14, 2009
RobbyG wrote:You mean: the truth is enlightening :D (for an open minded person)

Robby get a grip. I'm very openminded but also a huge cynic. I believe that this book, just like all the others like it claiming to 'lift the lid' off something or other always end up being very little fact and a huge stuffing of hearsay and conjecture (made up or theorised stuff, or 'it happened to someone else but I heard about it').

The vast majority of expats in the UAE life normal lives, they work, earn money, get away with breaking a few laws (as do some of the locals), this guy really wants to hurt them all and hurt the UAE because of his own stupidity.

He had to escape from Dubai purely because he had made some very powerful people very angry with his deception. Powerful people all over the world ignore the laws and do what they want. This isn't new.
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 14, 2009
Agreed , Flogging is not applied by the UAE courts, but it is still in the law, same as death by stoning. the UAE did not abolish it.
i understand the UAE set their own standards and laws, it is perfectly normal, the fraud is when the UAE advertise itself as an opened society to attract tourist and investors money, because it is not.
the UAE should make it clear, for instance that a non married couple can go to jail for 6 months, that a cheating wife or husband can go to jail for 18 months, while Emirati's cheat on their multiple wives with prostitutes, you know it, you know i know it, i have seen first hand.
The UAE should warn that you can go to jail if you miss 2 car payments.
The UAE should warn that the police sometimes torture people or threaten them that if they dont sign a confession, they will be tortured. one of these days i am going to have my recording on FOX news, and i would like to see your face when everyone listen to it and realizes that indeed the UAE condones torture. great that day when i walked in that police station with a concealed recorder (just in case), what a slap in their face, now i got the whole interrogation on tape, the cop now is probably keeping camels outof sight somewhere in the desert.
the Dubai gov knows i have it, and it is in a safe location.
The full transcript of the interrogation is in my book for everybody to see.
What is it with this spy obession, a spy is an extension of a government, spies dont go around on their own, they act upon orders from the highest authorities of a Government. so vent you hatred to the french government, not me. I am sure you are not that naive to beleive that the UAE does not have spies, but are those ok with you? yes or no?
the law suit for child slavery against Sheikh Mohammed was settled in november 2008, it is not that far years ago. what he did was the worst form of slavery and he got caught. child slavery was banned only because and after he got caught by the international society. not before.
i invite here anyone to visit the liquore stores and you will see, that kandourahs are certainly not a minority or isolate.
in the free world a passport is taken away only in case of conviction, in the UAE a simple delation is enough. before conviction. in the UAE you are guilty until proven guilty.
in the US, if you owed $200,000$ to someone, your passport would NOT be taken away. you see the difference. so say what you want, but tell poeple how it works before they come to Dubai, so they can make the decision to work somewhere else and not be lured under false pretense.
herve
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 14, 2009
herve wrote:Agreed , Flogging is not applied by the UAE courts, but it is still in the law, same as death by stoning. the UAE did not abolish it.
i understand the UAE set their own standards and laws, it is perfectly normal, the fraud is when the UAE advertise itself as an opened society to attract tourist and investors money, because it is not.
the UAE should make it clear, for instance that a non married couple can go to jail for 6 months, that a cheating wife or husband can go to jail for 18 months, while Emirati's cheat on their multiple wives with prostitutes, you know it, you know i know it, i have seen first hand.
The UAE should warn that you can go to jail if you miss 2 car payments.
The UAE should warn that the police sometimes torture people or threaten them that if they dont sign a confession, they will be tortured. one of these days i am going to have my recording on FOX news, and i would like to see your face when everyone listen to it and realizes that indeed the UAE condones torture. great that day when i walked in that police station with a concealed recorder (just in case), what a slap in their face, now i got the whole interrogation on tape, the cop now is probably keeping camels outof sight somewhere in the desert.
the Dubai gov knows i have it, and it is in a safe location.
The full transcript of the interrogation is in my book for everybody to see.
What is it with this spy obession, a spy is an extension of a government, spies dont go around on their own, they act upon orders from the highest authorities of a Government. so vent you hatred to the french government, not me. I am sure you are not that naive to beleive that the UAE does not have spies, but are those ok with you? yes or no?
the law suit for child slavery against Sheikh Mohammed was settled in november 2008, it is not that far years ago. what he did was the worst form of slavery and he got caught. child slavery was banned only because and after he got caught by the international society. not before.
i invite here anyone to visit the liquore stores and you will see, that kandourahs are certainly not a minority or isolate.
in the free world a passport is taken away only in case of conviction, in the UAE a simple delation is enough. before conviction. in the UAE you are guilty until proven guilty.
in the US, if you owed $200,000$ to someone, your passport would NOT be taken away. you see the difference. so say what you want, but tell poeple how it works before they come to Dubai, so they can make the decision to work somewhere else and not be lured under false pretense.

I don't intend to waste a lot more time on this.

People cheat on husbands/wives worldwide, flouting the religious and secular laws in every country, you are being disingenuous to imply it only happens here.

Every person in the UAE with two brain cells or more KNOWS that bouncing cheques (e.g. for car payments) is a criminal offense. It is up to YOU to find out what is the punishment if you intend to come here and break the law. Have you heard of Google searches.....?

If the French government hired a UAE national for some sensitive project (unlikely of course) and found out he had been a national spy (which means he very well still may be, as it's all about complete deception), he would have been handed over to the French secret service and would have been dealt with covertly. You know this. Don't try to imply your treatment was a one way street. Their fault if any was to take you on trust (as arabs have a way of doing) and not to check deeply enough into your background.

To the best of my knowledge, which is not all encompassing but based on 10 years of visiting/living in UAE is certainly better than yours, child slave labour was not and is not legal here. Laws cannot exist against every single human action which is not acceptable. Child jockeys were employed by racing camel farms until banned in 2002, and stronger laws were introduced 2 or 3 years later. Some still do it, outside the law, at illegal races. Individuals in all countries break the law, some get caught by police. Your spying for example was illegal. Your decision.

In the US, like most countries, if you are an 'undesirable' or there is a legal case against you and there is a possibility you may flee, your passport may be confiscated if the court so decides. Before trial and before conviction. Football hooligans in the UK can have their passports taken away so they can't travel.

Now everything has been said a least twice, so there's nothing else to say, except that I go to a private bottle shop twice a month for over four years outside Dubai Emirate, and have NEVER ONCE seen a kandourah there. Did you find your photo on the Internet? Also I wonder how you will prove the veracity of your taped interrogation. Quite frankly it would be easy for you to 'mock up' something like this to back up your bitter story. Call me cynical, but stories of police or governmental brutality are a dime a dozen even in France, UK, USA. Why should I bother to read yours just because it's about the UAE?
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 14, 2009
herve wrote:Agreed , Flogging is not applied by the UAE courts, but it is still in the law, same as death by stoning. the UAE did not abolish it.

Man, you clearly got the classic Dubai syndrome :lol: ! you know, the I'm happy in Dubai and when you get kicked out ,it is all bad !!

Now every single thing you said has its own thread in this forum "trust me ". non of your so called facts are new to anyone here, so will you stop jumping on every dam thread and applying your stupid adventure on it LOOOL. Get over it man it is getting ridiculous.

"Ran away on a boat" give me a break. I think your book will be in the kids story section, your story reminded me the classic Rambo movies. 8)
uaekid

Mar 14, 2009
the phone number, name and voice of the police officer is identifiable. did i fake the police station too? it is probably even recorded on their side too, it is easy for you to imply that my recording is a fake, cowardly hiding behind this forum, i would have a feast dragging you to a US court for that, why dont you go public with this, come come forward, show me some courage. even the lawyers from the UAE gov have not tried that one. i welcome any lawyers who will claim otherwise, and sue them right back big time, not in the UAE of course where the judiciary is not independant, in the US where they have assets. Actually they dont deny it, rather it would be smarter to claim that the cop was bluffing to scare me. you dont seem to understand that i prepared for this for 9 months, that my case is solid concrete. and that i have more in store.
my problems had nothing to do with my previous line of work, my problem was that people were trying to extort from me, simple.
they did not care what i did before for my gov, and the proof is that if they did, they would have taken more precautions when they started to persecute me.
i took that picture myself , along many others, that i will post on iternet.
dont put the UAE and the free world on the same level, of course people cheat on spouses everywhere, that is not my point, but if you get caught cheating on your wife in france , you got a problem with your wife, that s it, in the UAE you go to prison, for a long time, you lose your job, then you are deported and lose you assets, there is a big difference. in the US if you miss 3 cars payments they take your car back, period, in the UAE you go to prison, lose your job and are deported, (without the car). you are missing the point, i am not giving an opinion, i am exposing verifiable facts, and living in the UAE is certainy not better than to live in France, for a thousands reasons, starting that you dont go to prison for the sillest reasons. have you been to France?
Really you have to read my book,all is true, you are going to love it and discover many things, you can tell here you wont read it, it is ok, i know you will, trust me. it was cool the tricks i played to get out. movie material but real. and so embarrassing for the UAE.

www.escapefromdubai.com
herve
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 14, 2009
sad
uaekid

Mar 14, 2009
herve does not exsist herve does not exsist herve does not exsist herve does not exsist herve does not exsist herve does not exsist herve does not exsist....
naruto
Dubai Expat Helper

Mar 14, 2009
Speedhump wrote:

Robby get a grip. I'm very openminded but also a huge cynic. I believe that this book, just like all the others like it claiming to 'lift the lid' off something or other always end up being very little fact and a huge stuffing of hearsay and conjecture (made up or theorised stuff, or 'it happened to someone else but I heard about it').

The vast majority of expats in the UAE life normal lives, they work, earn money, get away with breaking a few laws (as do some of the locals), this guy really wants to hurt them all and hurt the UAE because of his own stupidity.

He had to escape from Dubai purely because he had made some very powerful people very angry with his deception. Powerful people all over the world ignore the laws and do what they want. This isn't new.

My grip is superb.

Every story has got two sides. The 'simple' expats live their life in a reasonable secure company environment and entrepreneurs are mostly 'einzelgangers' that are strong negotiators that either succeed or fail. They endure more hardhip in the efforts they put out. Herve has his experience which he writes in a book. Totally plausible.

I understand you being a cynic. I'm one of the strongest around too, but I know there's more behind this story. Muslim culture is not really the most open society for everyone. As UAE kid put it recently to me, that we (the West) are the worst of cultures and he does not want to open up to it. (Biased as hell).

Its clear that some people are so focussed on themselves and their own situation that they lose conscience about what really happens below the 'dream' surface or better said 'rosebed'. Every rosebed has thorns hiding beneath it. Just face it and you'll come out as a more complete person.

I actually have a firm believe in Herve Jaubert's story as he simply has a history which is intriguing. Doesn't make it true, but I'm willing to read his book before making to much critical arguments (like you tend to do upfront) and therefore I put my opinion out AFTER I read his book. In the mean time, I try to find plausibility to read (buy) his book. I'm convinced he has a story worth reading!

Every word you say without backing it with facts of Herve's experiences, is simply a biased view and as such a weakness from you Speedhump.

Just read the book and critize afterwards. I think our societies are somewhat further in our freedom (and I'm being easy with my expression here) and you can learn a lot by simply facing the truth and open up your minds.

"What a person doesn't know, will not hurt him."
RobbyG

Mar 14, 2009
naruto wrote:herve does not exsist herve does not exsist herve does not exsist herve does not exsist herve does not exsist herve does not exsist herve does not exsist....

:lol: :lol: :lol:

In optimum denial mode :wink:
RobbyG

Mar 14, 2009
RobbyG wrote:
naruto wrote:herve does not exsist herve does not exsist herve does not exsist herve does not exsist herve does not exsist herve does not exsist herve does not exsist....

:lol: :lol: :lol:

In optimum denial mode :wink:

...in true Dubai style.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Mar 14, 2009
RobbyG wrote:
Speedhump wrote:

My grip is superb.

Every story has got two sides. The 'simple' expats live their life in a reasonable secure company environment and entrepreneurs are mostly 'einzelgangers' that are strong negotiators that either succeed or fail. They endure more hardhip in the efforts they put out. Herve has his experience which he writes in a book. Totally plausible.

I understand you being a cynic. I'm one of the strongest around too, but I know there's more behind this story. Muslim culture is not really the most open society for everyone. As UAE kid put it recently to me, that we (the West) are the worst of cultures and he does not want to open up to it. (Biased as hell).

Its clear that some people are so focussed on themselves and their own situation that they lose conscience about what really happens below the 'dream' surface or better said 'rosebed'. Every rosebed has thorns hiding beneath it. Just face it and you'll come out as a more complete person.

I actually have a firm believe in Herve Jaubert's story as he simply has a history which is intriguing. Doesn't make it true, but I'm willing to read his book before making to much critical arguments (like you tend to do upfront) and therefore I put my opinion out AFTER I read his book. In the mean time, I try to find plausibility to read (buy) his book. I'm convinced he has a story worth reading!

Every word you say without backing it with facts of Herve's experiences, is simply a biased view and as such a weakness from you Speedhump.

Just read the book and critize afterwards. I think our societies are somewhat further in our freedom (and I'm being easy with my expression here) and you can learn a lot by simply facing the truth and open up your minds.

"What a person doesn't know, will not hurt him."

Your argument is self-defeating. You admit you WANT to believe him and so you will read his book to try to find some truth in it. I smell in him someone who has an eye to making money, so I just doubt that his story is exactly as he says. Nice that he had someone to take pictures of him in his frogman outfit and dressing up as a woman. You can almost see the speech bubble over his head 'this will make a great book'. He is the biggest self-publicist I saw here yet, beating you and RedKite into a cocked hat (no insult meant, I dont have a problem with you plugging your websites). I also still have no idea why he would not 'escape' from Khor Kalba or Fujairah where security is so much more lax and the journey a good deal shorter. Anyway, I'm not really interested.

I run my own company here, I know the knocks and I know the risks that I take in being here. This word rosebed that keeps cropping up, who believes this place is a rosebed? Every country has its cupboard full of skeletons, but who needs to read the dirty details except the people that have to clean it up? Example, you know that child pr0n exists, do you need to see it on paper to believe?

If it wasn't for people like me, some people (maybe you) you would still be buying snake oil, because 'it might be true', exactly why you will give this guy money by buying his book. If he had such a real solid case backed with factual evidence he would have taken it to his country's authorities if he wanted justice, not written a book and put up a website full of emotive language. Did you think of that?

Robby, your way of thinking is why the trashy tabloid newspapers sell so many copies, because people love to rake the muck. It's not my way, I know there's sh*t beneath there grass, all over the world. If it comes to you then deal with it, otherwise just leave it be. Life is really too short and this guy plainly just wants to dump on the UAE, whether he has reason or not, I don't know. Just don't expect any rationality in his book, He's French and he's hopping mad!
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 14, 2009
Actually, I never read books from 'one day writers'. But this one looks very interesting, as Herve was a close initial allie of the Sheikh and his following.

In my article on my website recently, I also wrote about the Sheikh Mo reinstalling the Diwan (royal court) after recognizing that giving power to his lieutenants outside his family and tribal inner-circle makes transparacy hard to see for the outer world. So Herve could be under scrutiny of those people instead of the 'real honest government' bodies.

Anyway, I want to read his book as my critic arguments about the book and Herve's experience must be based on what he says in the book. Not just coming from a few rosegarden locals that sit on goverment payrolls. You understand? I like to be informed from different sides of the game just to avoid making the biggest mistake of my life by moving to a society where I can get locked for life.

I'm thorough in such matters. And Herve has an interesting case. I dont mind if he makes a few dimes (read millions) from his books. There are more people who've done it with less interesting topics....US octuple mom :)
RobbyG

Mar 15, 2009
speedhump, you will read my book, you dont have to say it though, but you are burning to read it, what you dont want is everybody else to read it, they might find some reasons to avoid Dubai and avoid Emirati's, but that you cant say.
so you got a dilemma here, how tell people not to read a book if you have not read it for yourself, or tell people to read it because you dont care anyways, but if you did not care then you would not be spewing your venom here.

www.escapefromdubai.com
herve
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 15, 2009
herve wrote:speedhump, you will read my book, you dont have to say it though, but you are burning to read it, what you dont want is everybody else to read it, they might find some reasons to avoid Dubai and avoid Emirati's, but that you cant say.
so you got a dilemma here, how tell people not to read a book if you have not read it for yourself, or tell people to read it because you dont care anyways, but if you did not care then you would not be spewing your venom here.

www.escapefromdubai.com

No wonder you're an EX spy! You jump in with both feet don't you. I would be so happy if people ignored Dubai and stopped coming here. I don't make my living from renting apartments or selling cars. Dubai was a nice quiet place a few years ago. I would be incredibly pleased if your book stopped people coming here. I don't need Dubai to look wonderful for me to live here in peace and make a good living. I don't work for the government , have done private business here for around twelve years and don't really have any problems with the place. I came here of my own volition, not on a company tour, not running away from debts or crime. I had friends living here and I followed them because I saw it was a nice peaceful and crime-free place for my family. Things have changed to some extent since Dubai decided to become a world city. I for one regret it.

I have no wish or need at all to read your book, that's a firm promise, and I think you are generating bad publicity for yourself with all your gloating about how wonderful your book is. As you obviously have a huge axe to grind with the UAE nobody will be able to take your story seriously. Your supporter viking-whatever is so abusive about the UAE and locals he also is bad publicity for you. They are good and bad, just like everyone else. His astonishingly racist remarks drag you down.

Now, I'm finished publicising your book on this forum. No more from me.
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 15, 2009
RobbyG wrote:Actually, I never read books from 'one day writers'. But this one looks very interesting, as Herve was a close initial allie of the Sheikh and his following.

In my article on my website recently, I also wrote about the Sheikh Mo reinstalling the Diwan (royal court) after recognizing that giving power to his lieutenants outside his family and tribal inner-circle makes transparacy hard to see for the outer world. So Herve could be under scrutiny of those people instead of the 'real honest government' bodies.

Anyway, I want to read his book as my critic arguments about the book and Herve's experience must be based on what he says in the book. Not just coming from a few rosegarden locals that sit on goverment payrolls. You understand? I like to be informed from different sides of the game just to avoid making the biggest mistake of my life by moving to a society where I can get locked for life.

I'm thorough in such matters. And Herve has an interesting case. I dont mind if he makes a few dimes (read millions) from his books. There are more people who've done it with less interesting topics....US octuple mom :)

Fair comment. You will read his book as research which of course makes sense. Most people will just buy it because they want to read a horror story. And that's exactly how he and his cronies are promoting it.
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 15, 2009
if Dubai claimed what it really is, i would not have written a book, because i would have not gone to dubai.
This is the problem here, you dont know to whom you got married until it is too late, Dubai invites everyone to visit but hides the fact that you can be a criminal in the UAE and jailed indefinitively for something that would get you a ticket in the free world. it is a fraud to claim that dubai has the most beautiful beaches in the world, it is a fraud to claim it is an open society, it is a fraud to claim that a famous US developper has invested in a hotel on the palm jumeirah to attract investors, when he has not put a single dollar so far.it is a fraud to claim it is tax free when you do pay taxes. it is fraud, you go to prison if you do that in the US. but in the UAE it is normal government business, state lies.
you said you ran a business, but few knows that an emirati must own it. 51%, you were no exception. otherwise please explain.
and how comfortable do you feel to live in a country on a mere guest visa that you have to renew every 3 years, where you will never , ever be considered a member of their society. 12 years you said, in the US, in France you would get citizenship, in the UAE that is not going to happen anytime soon, should anything hapened to you, i wish not, and that you got deported for it, you would lose everything you can lose.
it is not a horror story, not an opinion, i am not insulting anyone, i am giving facts, verifiable facts, the truth. now because i got screwed, i explained how i got out, but it is a damn good story.
herve
Dubai Forums Veteran

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat