Salary Vs London?

Topic locked
salary vs London? Jan 20, 2006
I know salary depends on many factors including age, experience, education etc. However, do you think I should expect, less, equal or more than I am currently on in London?

Cheers

onetickin
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jan 21, 2006
Depends what salary you're currently on, what job you do, what your qualifications are, what nationality you are? Answer some of these questions and we might be able to help a bit more.

Remember you can earn tax free money here, therefor the salary you can earn might be less but you could earn more in the long run as you're not paying tax.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jan 21, 2006
The job is with the Dubai Mercantile Exchange in the DIFC, in Futures & Options. I have a degree, 5 industry qualifications, 7 years experience and am a British national.

I very much doubt you will be able to give me an idea of salary, as currently Dubai does not have this sort of industry yet. The job role involves working to bring this market/industry to Dubai. It with the DME, which is apart of Dubai Holdings.

I don't want an exact figure, I would just like to know, if the the salary would be lower, equal or higher than my London salary.
onetickin
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jan 21, 2006
In the absence of not knowing what your current salary is, how can you expect anyone to at least try to answer that.

And if the job is available, then surely there must be some form of salary offered.
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jan 22, 2006
Very true, if you can't give us any firgures then it;s difficult to even tell you if the wage is good to even come here in the first place.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jan 24, 2006
onetickin, I have a pretty good idea of what you should expect in terms of salary and I would say I am pretty much interested myself in finding out more about the DME. You can contact me on my email nico_bauzone@yahoo.co.uk . I currently work in the city and would love to relocate there...
BAUZONE
Dubai Forum Guest

posting in Dubai Job WantedForum Rules

Return to Dubai Job Wanted