A Great Deal Of Naivete

Topic locked
a great deal of naivete Jan 31, 2009
i have been browsing this forum for a few months now and it seems to me that a great number of ppl on here are insanely naive when it comes to relationships and love....i mean we all know why the local isn't going to marry you or the the expat has ended the relationship when it was time to leave the job...what makes you think things are going to be different in your case...sure hope for the best but don't be running around hoping for fairytales
and the funniest posts are the ones asking about what arabs think of certain ethnic groups....if you've lived in the middle east long enough you know exactly what the hierarchies of ethnic groups are...so stop fooling yourselves
or maybe i just managed to only read the woe is me posts....

barbarella
Dubai Forums Member

Feb 01, 2009
Talk about harsh!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Feb 01, 2009
Sometimes, harsh is good. Not just for S&M fetishists but also for those who continually dive headlong into obviously bad relationships. I'm not talking about relationships that go sour; I'm referring to those that look bad from the get-go.

Case in point: a certain lady friend of mine was involved with a guy who lived in my dorm in college. Well, they didn't last and so she moved on to another guy in my dorm. Then word got out that she was easy so everyone tried to get a piece of that. And she was upset that every one of these guys was just using her. I bluntly told her that she needed to stay out of the dorm for her men because everyone knew about her.

She's now engaged to a guy she met later that semester. He didn't live in my dorm.
gamercowboy
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 01, 2009
You also have to remember that some people who come here are, emotionally and relationship wise, comparatively inexperienced.

For certain nationalities, arriving in the UAE is often their first chance to get away from a cloying family situation at home and find out about the big wide world.

:? :? :?

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Feb 01, 2009
life in Dubai :D
Miss_lolly
Dubai Expat Helper

Feb 01, 2009
Miss_lolly wrote:life in Dubai :D

You're taken :lol:

By me.... :wink:
RobbyG

Feb 02, 2009
It doesn't only happen in Middle East. You come to the U.S. and you'll see the exact situation involving Arabs with other nationalities.

It just so happens that most women here already know how this stuff go, - WITH you.

Dubai Knight wrote:For certain nationalities, arriving in the UAE is often their first chance to get away from a cloying family situation at home and find out about the big wide world

LOL. You certainly haven't gone out long enough from your perfect little region. 8)
sara08
Dubai Forum User

Feb 02, 2009
sara08 wrote:It doesn't only happen in Middle East. You come to the U.S. and you'll see the exact situation involving Arabs with other nationalities.

It just so happens that most women here already know how this stuff go, - WITH you.

Dubai Knight wrote:For certain nationalities, arriving in the UAE is often their first chance to get away from a cloying family situation at home and find out about the big wide world

LOL. You certainly haven't gone out long enough from your perfect little region. 8)

:lol: Think again Sara!
I think that Dubai Knight has been to more places than we could ever dream of going to. This guy :wink: has profound world knowledge and a sane brain. O and he just bought this... http://auto.indiamart.com/motorcycles/bullet-350/

Well you know...he's got life experience, otherwise he wouldn't buy a (Indian) Royal Enfield just like that. :lol: :lol: :lol:

:toothy4:
RobbyG

Feb 02, 2009
Bravo Sara

This happened to a friend of mine... Dated a Lebanese who studied and worked in Miami... "He had never loved anyone so much", "never felt anything like that", she was his "number one priority"...

What happened?
He moved back to Lebanon, and married the Lebanese fiancee who had been waiting for him the entire time...
Nessie971
Dubai Forum Visitor

Feb 02, 2009
RobbyG wrote:[
I think that Dubai Knight has been to more places than we could ever dream of going to. This guy :wink: has profound world knowledge and a sane brain. O and he just bought this...

Well you know...he's got life experience, otherwise he wouldn't buy a (Indian) Royal Enfield just like that. :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol:
What it has something to do with him traveling the whole world? :lol:
I probably be only 18 but I have so much experience dealing with all sorts of people. And those persons...eh, I see how they approach into sensitive issues. They think they know what's going on around the world but in fact they only know what's giving within their area and claim it as concrete truth.
I don't care. But this is something I am really blessed for that I've been brought up into a liberal country.

:roll:
sara08
Dubai Forum User

Feb 02, 2009
Nesie971 wrote:Bravo Sara

This happened to a friend of mine... Dated a Lebanese who studied and worked in Miami... "He had never loved anyone so much", "never felt anything like that", she was his "number one priority"...

What happened?
He moved back to Lebanon, and married the Lebanese fiancee who had been waiting for him the entire time...

*high five*
tell me about it.

You see.. these people say it only happens to the "foreigners" who come to their country to work. Dude have you even stayed in these "REALLY Open Cities" and witness how your breed do here? lol. Sure you haven't! :mrgreen:
sara08
Dubai Forum User

Feb 03, 2009
RobbyG wrote:
sara08 wrote:It doesn't only happen in Middle East. You come to the U.S. and you'll see the exact situation involving Arabs with other nationalities.

I think that Dubai Knight has been to more places than we could ever dream of going to. This guy :wink: has profound world knowledge and a sane brain. O and he just bought this... http://auto.indiamart.com/motorcycles/bullet-350/

Thanks for that!

Actually, I bought the 500cc Bullet Machismo! Its currently the only one in the UAE!

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight

Feb 03, 2009
lol, nice one DK,
M.
Mahmoud04
Dubai chat master

Feb 03, 2009
Your welcome :wink:
RobbyG

Feb 03, 2009
sara08 wrote:

What happened?

*high five*
tell me about it.

You see.. these people say it only happens to the "foreigners" who come to their country to work. Dude have you even stayed in these "REALLY Open Cities" and witness how your breed do here? lol. Sure you haven't! :mrgreen:
oh lord could you please just SHUT UP...
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 03, 2009
lol its like watching EastEnders tadanana tadana
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 04, 2009
When's the next episode???
RobbyG

Feb 04, 2009
sara08 wrote:

What happened?

*high five*
tell me about it.

i don't have time to be your counsellor on here and guide you through a recovery for your arab hate...
anyway...its not just arabs that end up settling with their own kind no matter what city they live in....indians do it, pakistanis, somalis, persians...and not just ethnic backgrounds but ppl also keep to religious backgrounds as well....greek orthodox will usually marry another greek orthodox person, catholics etc....its about similarities...its hard enough already trying to build a life with someone but its even harder to build a life with someone that doesn't share the same values, religion, culture and so on....
so lets be realistic.....and not get carried away with just the arabs doing this...i just decided to talk about locals and dubai because its a freakin dubai msg board
barbarella
Dubai Forums Member

Re: a great deal of naivete Feb 08, 2009
barbarella wrote:i have been browsing this forum for a few months now and it seems to me that a great number of ppl on here are insanely naive when it comes to relationships and love....i mean we all know why the local isn't going to marry you or the the expat has ended the relationship when it was time to leave the job...what makes you think things are going to be different in your case...sure hope for the best but don't be running around hoping for fairytales
and the funniest posts are the ones asking about what arabs think of certain ethnic groups....if you've lived in the middle east long enough you know exactly what the hierarchies of ethnic groups are...so stop fooling yourselves
or maybe i just managed to only read the woe is me posts....

Love it so true
Kiwiana
Dubai Forum Guest

Feb 08, 2009
Sounds like someone got burned to me!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Feb 08, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:Sounds like someone got burned to me!

lol.....oh god no
i haven't lived in the uae since i was a child but seems like things still haven't changed except for the buildings
barbarella
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Dubai RomanceForum Rules

Return to Dubai Romance