The Worst Pinch Of Having No Friends

Topic locked
The worst pinch of having no friends Jan 31, 2009
hey guys ,

I am Mark from Belgium. Came to dubai 2 weeks back and working here as an analyst for a financial firm. Dubai as a city is implausible no doubt about it. But at the end of the day what is matters is about your social circle. I believe this forum being a networking platform too , would be great if i get to make best of the best friends from here.

itsmebymyself
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Jan 31, 2009
Hi Mark, welcom to DF.

Well you touched me with your story.... :D
I'm currently residing in Holland, so I'm merely greeting you to DF in good will and as former neighbour. Hopefully I'll be joining you all soon in Dubai.

Good luck with the networking. I'm sure you'll find your way with these very nice people around. At least they look that way from a distance. :wink:
RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Feb 02, 2009
hey Mark,

nine months here. Dubai it's hard to keep up with friends once u have got to know each other. I am still making contacts. Main prob is unlike Canada I dotn have backyard where I can invite everyone and have a barbecue.
desert surfer
Dubai Forums Talker

Feb 02, 2009
Hello hello hello! Okay, I'm not going to moan about this being in the wrong section - it can stay - as long as you all keep me happy! :wink:

Been a Dubaiite for 5 veeeery long years now.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Feb 02, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:Hello hello hello! Okay, I'm not going to moan about this being in the wrong section - it can stay - as long as you all keep me happy! :wink:

Been a Dubaiite for 5 veeeery long years now.

Say Choco, after five looooongg years...you still don't find your friends romantic?

No love between you and them? Allrighty then...time to dump 'em! :wink:
RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Feb 02, 2009
Hi Mark, buy yourself a ticket to the Rugby Sevens World Cup next month. Buy some beers and wander/sit around chatting to everyone you meet, it's a really friendly event (the yearly seven's championsips are, for sure), even if you don't know rugby. So many nationalities are there, having a great time, and you may well have a social circle by the finish on Saturday!
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 02, 2009
heya, welcome to the forums :D
xero_
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai RomanceForum Rules

Return to Dubai Romance