Is Dubai Party Over?

Topic locked
Feb 01, 2009
RedKite wrote:You have no idea . My "interest in Dubai" ?

[1] I've been there!
[2] Six from my small town work there. One got in there on Dubai residency with £12 million [sterling] to avoid tax in UK.

He bought on the front of the marina for £900,000 in 2006. A friend of his says that is worth £1.5 million now.
I thought the property had dropped.

Who says that is MY web-site? I just said it is at the top , if one enters "visit dubai" into Google UK.
Another one at the top is visit-Dubai-city.

I still say that Dubai's internet marketing generally is not clever.
Too slow, with fancy music, much of it.
Who wants to here SALES SPIN from Dubai building developers and Dubai Govt?
You tell me which are the best TRULY INDEPENDENT tourism web-sites for Dubai !! visit-dubai.co.uk looks independent , but I don't know how accurate it is . No idea!!

The value of your friends property will be dropping like a stone at the moment, with very little chance of off loading it until the global situation stabilizes at least.

sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Feb 01, 2009
He actually has 11 properties, at least out there, several around the marina. He bought in 2006/07 after moving from the UK.
Living expenses in Dubai look high.

Does Dunbar ring a bell as a marina address?
RedKite
Dubai Forums Veteran

Feb 01, 2009
RedKite wrote:He actually has 11 properties, at least out there, several around the marina. He bought in 2006/07 after moving from the UK.

At the moment his properties ar worth what he paid for them. They are devaluing by the week so he cant be that smart, i dumped all mine off and with hindsight i am fekin glad i did.
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Feb 01, 2009
arniegang wrote:
RedKite wrote:He actually has 11 properties, at least out there, several around the marina. He bought in 2006/07 after moving from the UK.

At the moment his properties ar worth what he paid for them. They are devaluing by the week so he cant be that smart, i dumped all mine off and with hindsight i am fekin glad i did.

You did well m8
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

interesting Feb 01, 2009
dubai1970
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Re: interesting Feb 01, 2009
dubai1970 wrote:http://www.zawya.com/video/default.cfm/sidVID20090201131821

Can somebody translate this?? :D :D :P :roll:
TheChoosen
Dubai Expat Helper

Feb 01, 2009
It is unfair to sign the death of Dubai. The current crises has effected all countries. Given the over dependence on RE, the sentiment has taken a nose dive. But I guess t will scale greater heights in about 3 - 4 years
DPS
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Feb 01, 2009
It is very fair. They lapped up the hype, now they can take the critisism
arniegang

Feb 02, 2009
well the remaining question is, what will happen to the unfortunate ppl who left or will leave Dubai ? I think they will face a worse situation else where! If you guys are impressed by the layoffs of Dubai's then check out the other cities, it is scary .
uaekid
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Feb 02, 2009
uaekid wrote:well the remaining question is, what will happen to the unfortunate ppl who left or will leave Dubai ? I think they will face a worse situation else where! If you guys are impressed by the layoffs of Dubai's then check out the other cities, it is scary .

I don't thing anyone is impressed by the lay-offs, more like depressed don't you think.
By the way where have you been?, long weekend?
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Feb 02, 2009
sage & onion wrote:
uaekid wrote:well the remaining question is, what will happen to the unfortunate ppl who left or will leave Dubai ? I think they will face a worse situation else where! If you guys are impressed by the layoffs of Dubai's then check out the other cities, it is scary .

I don't thing anyone is impressed by the lay-offs, more like depressed don't you think.

http://www.shangri-la.com/en/property/m ... ssahresort 8)
uaekid

Feb 02, 2009
arniegang wrote:It is very fair. They lapped up the hype, now they can take the critisism

humm where was this attitude when you got paid behind their hype I wonder :!:
uaekid

Feb 02, 2009
uaekid wrote:
sage & onion wrote:

Looks fantastic, how was it and what about the cost?
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Feb 02, 2009
sage & onion wrote:
uaekid wrote:
sage & onion wrote:

beautiful, this is my second time, my first visit was the week that follows the hurricane thingy in 2006 !!!! it was summer time and it is a place to die for, I spoiled my self with THAi massage :wink: .coast is 3000 for singles give or take but cheaper if throw traveling agencies.
uaekid

Feb 02, 2009
uaekid wrote:
sage & onion wrote:
uaekid wrote:
sage & onion wrote:

Is that the cost for the weekend?

beautiful, this is my second time, my first visit was the week that follows the hurricane thingy in 2006 !!!! it was summer time and it is a place to die for, I spoiled my self with THAi massage :wink: .coast is 3000 for singles give or take but cheaper if throw traveling agencies.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Feb 02, 2009
uaekid wrote:
sage & onion wrote:

Hey.... thats one hell of a awesome place!!!. I love the mountain side location of the resort.... make the beach almost private.... you enter the lobby which looks like the ground floor and then go down several floors to the beach level!!! Nice
DPS
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Feb 02, 2009
uaekid wrote:
sage & onion wrote:
uaekid wrote:
sage & onion wrote:

From the stories I heard from other visitors, I am sure you went for the extra-cost "bonus" after the massage.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Feb 02, 2009
Nothing wrong with taking care of the little man after a nice massage.
K-Dog
Dubai Expat Helper

Feb 02, 2009
Hi guys. Off topic posts are often SO much more fun....and I don't think there's an adult forum on this site is there? :la:
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 02, 2009
Speedhump wrote:Hi guys. Off topic posts are often SO much more fun....and I don't think there's an adult forum on this site is there? :la:

What do you mean by Adult?
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Feb 02, 2009
umm...well...something you wouldn't want to fnd your teenage daughter contributing to, maybe..?
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 03, 2009
Speedhump wrote:umm...well...something you wouldn't want to fnd your teenage daughter contributing to, maybe..?

This is Dubai my friend.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Feb 03, 2009
sage & onion wrote:
Speedhump wrote:umm...well...something you wouldn't want to fnd your teenage daughter contributing to, maybe..?

This is Dubai my friend.

Exactly. Prostitution flourishes here.

No daughters allowed. :lol:
RobbyG

Feb 03, 2009
unfortunately all efforts to date have failed, including the massive cash influx into the economy. if you see economies like UK and USA who do the same kind of thing, it rarely works. the core issues of the economy need be fixed and only then will cash thrown into the system make its way through hands.

that said, can someone elaborate on the new laws in dubai prohibiting the publishing of such true factual stories?

Sunil
http://www.dubai-information-site.com
DubaiInformationSite
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Feb 03, 2009
yessssssssssssss lets have a naughty forum and me as a moderator
uaekid

Feb 03, 2009
uaekid wrote:yessssssssssssss lets have a naughty forum and me as a moderator

You can always start one:

http://forum.redho.com/
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Feb 03, 2009
Red Ho ?? Interesting I didn't see any Native American working girls here yet...

RobbyG, I guess you mean Dubai not the Netherlands, where it's available over the counter (I accidentally typed 'counter' without the 'o' first, Freudian or what....?). But in fact 'the oldest profession' flourishes eveywhere there are men with money in their pockets. It's a Force of Nature and the railing against it down the centuries have done nothing to stop it. Viva!
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 03, 2009
Yep I meant Dubai, in reply to Onion particularly Speedbump. ;)
RobbyG

Feb 03, 2009
RobbyG wrote:Yep I meant Dubai, in reply to Onion particularly Speedbump. ;)

Mr. Onion to you :wink:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Feb 03, 2009
sage & onion wrote:
RobbyG wrote:Yep I meant Dubai, in reply to Onion particularly Speedbump. ;)

Mr. Onion to you :wink:

How would an Arab say this....ah I remember: Inshallah :lol:

:wink:
RobbyG

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat