Alcohol , Fun ?

Topic locked
Jan 24, 2009
KID, anything new? Did you call them?
Pls report us

TheChoosen
Dubai Expat Helper

Jan 24, 2009
uaekid wrote:I'm asking cuz one of my friends is a heavy drinker, alcoholic, he just has to drink every day starting at 9pm till he passes away,

That sounds like the behaviour of an alcoholic to me. If he had a broken leg or hypothermia you wouldn't hesitate to help him would you? Think of his illness in the same way, except it's more difficult since he probably doesn't want to be healed, and a bit of plaster or warm soup isn't going to fix him.

Disclaimer: I am not a doctor or in any way qualified or knowledgeable about alcoholism.
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Jan 25, 2009
bonk wrote:
uaekid wrote:I'm asking cuz one of my friends is a heavy drinker, alcoholic, he just has to drink every day starting at 9pm till he passes away,

That sounds like the behaviour of an alcoholic to me. If he had a broken leg or hypothermia you wouldn't hesitate to help him would you? Think of his illness in the same way, except it's more difficult since he probably doesn't want to be healed, and a bit of plaster or warm soup isn't going to fix him.

Disclaimer: I am not a doctor or in any way qualified or knowledgeable about alcoholism.

Well Bonky he even said he was an alcoholic.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Jan 25, 2009
sage & onion wrote:Well Bonky he even said he was an alcoholic.

Ah yes. That's why I'd be a terrible doctor :)
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Jan 30, 2009
LOL liquors are great on some pastry also..

but wine is the best at any time to drink.
Skyper
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jan 30, 2009
Skyper wrote:LOL liquors are great on some pastry also..

but wine is the best at any time to drink.

Thanks for the advice 8)
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Jan 30, 2009
Drinking+friends+chicks+music+party is fun ..I started drinking when I was in high school.When I went to college were drinking daily before going to night class.When I worked in UAE i started to slow down drinking .. This country really changed my drinking habbits..I quit drinking alchohol for almost a year now.
ArchitectRoel
Dubai forums Addict

Jan 30, 2009
ArchitectRoel wrote:Drinking+friends+chicks+music+party is fun ..I started drinking when I was in high school.When I went to college were drinking daily before going to night class.When I worked in UAE i started to slow down drinking .. This country really changed my drinking habbits..I quit drinking alchohol for almost a year now.

Hahahah drinking drinking drinking, say it one more time and I say you are a drunk! :lol:

Just enjoy alcohol with discretion and there's nothing wrong with it. Actually in a country where it is mostly illegal, the Western exception should be joyfully used to your finest moments in front of the TV.

Ahhhhhhh thats life...after a hard day of work 8)
RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Feb 01, 2009
Sounds like your friend is suffering from the ALCHOLISIM! It is both combined with a mental obsession and pysical addiction. There is nothing
you can do for him until he hits his own rock bottom, only then will he really seek help. Support groups will give you great advise of how to deal
with this so seek them out as previous posts have given you numbers, you should have no problem.

My brother is 2yrs sober down to AA, but the situation before that got pretty grave before he accepted he was an alcholic. There is one thing
admitting it but it is the acceptance that really counts.

Best of luck,

Crewingb.
crewingb
Dubai Forums Member

Feb 01, 2009
uaekid wrote:I'm asking cuz one of my friends is a heavy drinker, alcoholic, he just has to drink every day starting at 9pm till he passes away, I keep asking him to degrees the amount he drinks instead he keep buying the more heaver liquor bcz as he claims the old ones doesn't do it for him anymore!

the way he doing is not fun at all, we use to go camping allot now I stopped cuz he gets announcing and stupid when he get drunk .

is he muslim?
Nucleus
Dubai Forums Veteran

Feb 01, 2009
Offcourse he is. All those foulmouths are.

Where else would the 'rotten psyche' come from... :drunken:
RobbyG

Feb 01, 2009
RobbyG wrote:Offcourse he is. All those foulmouths are.

Where else would the 'rotten psyche' come from... :drunken:

Here we go again, heading for the fight club soon :!:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Feb 01, 2009
I have to apologize. My words were not appropriately selected and directed. After reading this twice, it looks racist, but the intention is to these two 'foulmouths' MB and UAEkid on DF who happen to be muslim.

I would like to apologize to every muslim that feels offended. Not my intention to generalize or talk racist. Cause I'm not.

Again, my apologies to everyone who reads this wrongly.

Thank you
RobbyG

Feb 01, 2009
Everything is fine in moderation.

Except this thread!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Feb 01, 2009
Dubai Knight wrote:Everything is fine in moderation.

Except this thread!

Knight

Cos Muppetbanglaboy wasn´t online almost 2 days :lol: 8) :oops: :shock:
TheChoosen
Dubai Expat Helper

Feb 01, 2009
TheChoosen wrote:
Dubai Knight wrote:Everything is fine in moderation.

Except this thread!

Knight

Cos Muppetbanglaboy wasn´t online almost 2 days :lol: 8) :oops: :shock:

Hes like Arnold S. he will be back :lol: :lol:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Feb 01, 2009
If I was a friend of uaekid, I think I'd be driven to drink too.
FTD
Dubai Forums Talker

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat