BOOKS Review & Exchange

Topic locked
Feb 13, 2007
alexandra wrote:i have read everything signed by Coelho and one my fav. was Manual of the warrior of light.
eleven minutes is a great book too and u wont be disapointed :wink:

Eleven Minutes is a good read. Literally, I never put the book down till I finish it!

weary_heart
Dubai Forums Veteran

Feb 22, 2007
For those Stephen King fans, Salem's Lot is one master pieces. Specially if you liked Bram Stocker's Dracula.

Is there books that match Bram Stocker's Dracula? I am very much into vampires.
Lexer
Dubai Forum Visitor

Feb 22, 2007
The Anne Rice Vampire Chronicles series is very engaging.
bear
Dubai chat master

Jun 04, 2007
11 minutes was interesting i agree

Cheers,

D
smartd
Dubai Forums Vice-Admin

Jun 04, 2007
smartd wrote:11 minutes was interesting i agree

Cheers,

D

I can sense you like brazilian lady. It was a good read, i was keen to know at first, why the title of the book is ELEVEN MINUTES. Is it "eleven minutes" only? :oops:
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

new in dubai Jun 08, 2007
Hello every one

I am new in city. been relocated from uk (Manchester) because of my job. I read this forum, spent all my friday insurfing. i really like the way you people share your ideas.
I have 'eleven minutes' to start with this forum i can share this with you.

Hope to hear from your side

Amar
aamir_398
Dubai Forum Guest

Jan 07, 2008
i like more The alchemist, by Coelho.
sankyx
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Feb 04, 2008
it seems that nobody here read books anymore :shock: :shock:
sankyx
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Feb 05, 2008
i just finished 'the kite runner' and its wonderful.... as soon as i finished it i went and bought 'a thousand splendid suns' by the same author.... looking forward to it....
SparHawk
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Feb 05, 2008
Hey love those books too......I felt sorry for the actor (boy) in kite runner that they have to escape afghanistan 'coz of threats.
reviewer
Dubai Forums Veteran

Feb 05, 2008
we have heard the story a thousand times... but hosseini's rendition was absolutely superb.... touched my heart.... i bought the book based on one comment by Isabelle Allende "after reading this, everything else seemed to be bland" ... i totally agree with her....
SparHawk
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Feb 05, 2008
SparHawk wrote:we have heard the story a thousand times...

Im only showing my sympathy to the boy who play the part in the film, such acerbic attitude of yours......doesn't really have space in here....
reviewer
Dubai Forums Veteran

Feb 05, 2008
:arrow:
reviewer
Dubai Forums Veteran

Feb 05, 2008
i dint mean anything like that... i am sorry for the boy... i was trying to say tht even though the story is something known to all of us, the way hosseini portrayed it was wonderful and brilliant....
SparHawk
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Feb 09, 2008
Jeevan wrote:I mostly read fiction and if i can lay my hands on something about astronomy i jump at it.

Just finished reading From a Buick 8 by stephen King.

would be definately interested in a exchange forum:)

Cheers,

Jerry

im readin it .. cool book haan ..
Captain Sirus Black
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 09, 2008
SparHawk wrote:i dint mean anything like that... i am sorry for the boy... i was trying to say tht even though the story is something known to all of us, the way hosseini portrayed it was wonderful and brilliant....

complete waste of time ..

The Zahir and The Alchemist are better ..
Captain Sirus Black
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 09, 2008
does anyoe have CWSP (PW-200) and CWNE (PW-300) .. i really need them .. cheap :P ..
Captain Sirus Black
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 17, 2008
Harry potter, and the deadly hollows :shock:
sankyx
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jul 07, 2008
A new book is out now. A fresh look on men-women relations in Arabic world. " Change Ur Dating Life Forever"[/img]
Countryboy
Dubai Forum Visitor

I love paulo cohelo's books Jan 15, 2009
Its the most amazing fiction i have came across... self recognition and an insight of human psychology is fantastic.

I recently finished "The Zahir"

Its abt self revival and new understanding of the nature of love, the power of destiny and fate and following ur heart to ur destined place.
daisy
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: I love paulo cohelo's books Jan 15, 2009
daisy wrote:Its the most amazing fiction i have came across... self recognition and an insight of human psychology is fantastic.

I recently finished "The Zahir"

Its abt self revival and new understanding of the nature of love, the power of destiny and fate and following ur heart to ur destined place.

Can you please share some excerpts from the book to all of us? perhaps we might be inclined to buy the book :-)
dubai1970
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Mar 17, 2009
Read Mario Puzo guys, everytin by him!
Then read, Shantaram by gregory davids roberts
Sea of poppies-Amitav Josh, just for the beauty of literature.
Dreams from my Father- Barrack Obama
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 31, 2009
I have some good books by Indian Authors...if anyone wants to trade them with any other book by Indian Author please post here or PM me
NoName01
Dubai Forums Member

Apr 22, 2009
just finished reading the biography of E.Hemingway by Jeffry Meyers..
It's excellent, it's exhaustively rich and it's a hihgly recommended reading..
muyesser
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 22, 2009
I have looked around for Dark Eros by Thomas Moore/ 95 Spring Publications however, couldn’t find it in Dubai. Any ideas on would it be delivered if ordered on amazon.com..? :)
muyesser
Dubai forums Addict

Dan Brown - The Lost Symbol Nov 12, 2009
Let's start with the question every Dan Brown fan wants answered: Is The Lost Symbol as good as The Da Vinci Code? Simply put, yes. Brown has mastered the art of blending nail-biting suspense with random arcana (from pop science to religion), and The Lost Symbol is an enthralling mix. And what a dazzling accomplishment that is, considering that rabid fans and skeptics alike are scrutinizing every word.

The Lost Symbol begins with an ancient ritual, a shadowy enclave, and of course, a secret. Readers know they are in Dan Brown territory when, by the end of the first chapter, a secret within a secret is revealed. To tell too much would ruin the fun of reading this delicious thriller, so you will find no spoilers here. Suffice it to say that as with many series featuring a recurring character, there is a bit of a formula at work (one that fans will love). Again, brilliant Harvard professor Robert Langdon finds himself in a predicament that requires his vast knowledge of symbology and superior problem-solving skills to save the day. The setting, unlike other Robert Langdon novels, is stateside, and in Brown's hands Washington D.C. is as fascinating as Paris or Vatican City (note to the D.C. tourism board: get your "Lost Symbol" tour in order). And, as with other Dan Brown books, the pace is relentless, the revelations many, and there is an endless parade of intriguing factoids that will make you feel like you are spending the afternoon with Robert Langdon and the guys from Mythbusters.

Nothing is as it seems in a Robert Langdon novel, and The Lost Symbol itself is no exception--a page-turner to be sure, but Brown also challenges his fans to open their minds to new information. Skeptical? Imagine how many other thrillers would spawn millions of Google searches for noetic science, superstring theory, and Apotheosis of Washington. The Lost Symbol is brain candy of the best sort--just make sure to set aside time to enjoy your meal. --Daphne Durham
Larysa
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: BOOKS Review & Exchange Feb 12, 2010
Try "The Quickie" by James Patterson. simply, it's perfectly amazing. I even took it with me to the office to read few pages at the break time. try it and never regret.
howdy

Re: BOOKS Review & Exchange May 29, 2010
I've just finished reading 'My Name is Red' by Orhan Pamuk. An historical novel set in Istanbul during the reign of Ottoman Sultan Murat III, it concerns the fate of miniaturists and illuminators whose art form began during the Timurid Dynasty. Brillinat book!
Despinaki
Dubai Forums Member

Re: BOOKS Review & Exchange Aug 03, 2010
Anyone here read The historian by Elizabeth Kostova by any chance?
Nabilsan
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: BOOKS Review & Exchange Nov 27, 2010
China Meville - "Perdido Street Station"- "The Scar" -"Iron Council"...one of our most brilliant contemporary writer of fantastic fables...
I am a Chinese, because at home, so never seen.Maybe they are JinShu it
preacher
Dubai Expat Wannabe

posting in Movies and Music TalkForum Rules

Return to Movies and Music Talk