HELP; Victim Of Black Points System

Topic locked
HELP; Victim of black points system Jan 11, 2009
Hi all,
Please don't kill me because of that, but i'm guilty as hell. i know and i need your help and advice.

I've been in dubai for around 3 years, with a traffic offense every now and then. 2008 i got zero black points.

Had a very rough 2 weeks at work, had to go to very early meetings and got caught by radar with speed 60km above the limit, TWICE.
So now i ended up with 2 violaitons, each 1000 dhms, and 24 black point.
Also my car should be confiscated / impounded for 60 days (30 for each offence)

I was able to pay the first one online, but the second one is highlighted in red and it mentions i MUST go to the traffic department to pay it.

Did anyone had similar experience?

Again i'm sorry, i know i'm guilty, so please don't trash me, but try to help me, i'll never do this again.

I am an old forum member, but i don't want to say who i am because i'm ashamed of what i did.

If anyone has experience with this, please tell me. Or if you know anyone can help.

I'm afraid that they might take my license or go to jail.

Thank you in advance and stay safe

Guiltydriver
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Jan 11, 2009
hmmm not much you can do but suck it up, pay the fines, hand your car in and see if they ban you unfortunately.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jan 11, 2009
But... i'll not be able to survive without a license :(

I know i'm guilty, thats why i'll suck it up and pay the hard earned money that is i'm putting down the drain :'( really.... i feel like crying

I just don't want them to take my license.
Guiltydriver
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Jan 11, 2009
Hey guilty,

Feel sorry for you bro/Sis whoever you are.

Upon recieving 24 black points, as what i have heard from the traffic officials & read in papers., your lisence will be cancelled/impounded for 1 year, during which you will not be allowed to drive. If repeated the second time (from the completetion of the 1st year), your lisence will be cancelled permanently. To apply for a driving lisence again, you wil have to get a clearence letter from the traffic prosecution & start from the scratch again. This will include 40 classes & all the tests and lectures you have attended. At the time of your road test, 2 or more inspectors (probably 3 of them) will be with you to take your final test, after which they will judge your eligibility. (this is in case, if you repeat the same offence again & accumulate 24 black points)

EDIT: [well many of you might oppose or disagree with my above idea, but the traffic department publishes different rules, as official rules, and practise something different, this is what i know from a few years of dealing with the cops. C'mon how the hell can you be fined for having your sunroof open? Dont wonder, it did happen]

Concerning your fine, that you are not able to pay and is marked in red (called hajz muroori) you will be required to settle the fines in the fines section in muroor (traffic dept) (I think its the black glass door).

Once done, they will tell you if your lisence will be impounded or if your vehicle will be impounded. In your case i think its both!

You will be running from the blue door (bab al azrak), the black door (bab al aswad) & then the to the Captain's office to get his signature, which he proudly does with a green inked pen.

Once all the formailities are done & the paper work is done, schedule immediately to deliver your car to the confiscation center either behind tasjeel (qusais) or in the muroor itself (in quisais opposite to lulu hypermarket). You will be given the reciept of the vehicle delivery & the expected date of return. I am unsure about your lisence though.

Incase your vehicle is impounded, make sure you collect the vehicle the same day as mentioned (even if it is a friday, as they are working, last friday i was in muroor on friday to collect a vehicle) else you will be fined 50 or 100 AED for over stay.

Not sure if captain saif or captain mohamed almas would take your plead. You can try to get on your knees though.

Best of luck. And if you need guidance with the doors to run in between, post back.

Oh yeah make sure you get the CID Clearence from muroor (its a small cabin in the entrance of the fine section, and a nice arab lady will help you out quickly, she is very nice and kind)

Ciao!

UPDATE: You will be required to deposit the car owner's lisence & or ID Card until you get your car in the confiscation center. Can collect it once the car is confiscated and is in the shed, or later when you collect your car back!
ahamed
Dubai chat master

Jan 11, 2009
Ouch! Guess it pays to set the alarm clock and drive to work with the correct speed limit, with the added benefit of lessening the risk of killing people on the way there. I'm shocked and pleased that the Dubai police actually do punish people for serious speeding.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Jan 11, 2009
Hmmm the speed cameras are buggers at the moment. :shock: I've been caught a couple of times, sadly though they were on stretches of road where the limit wasn't clear - damn it.

I haven't got any black points though. I guess they start adding those, if you're ridiculously over the limit.

I had my car impounded for 15 days. But I put it in before I went on holiday, so no major hassles there. It wasn't a terrible process to get it all sorted.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jan 11, 2009
Kaneli,
Was up...

Apart from speeding, In an event of drink and drive, you will be happily spending three months of jail, with 20,000 Dhs fine & then deportation. And with quite good vaasta, you can only stop the deportation part of the story.

Ah UPDATE: You will now be able to purchase your confiscation days. That will be 100 AED Perday. If your car is confiscated for 2 months, you will be paying 6000/-
ahamed
Dubai chat master

Re: HELP; Victim of black points system Jan 11, 2009
Guiltydriver wrote:Hi all,
Please don't kill me because of that, but i'm guilty as hell. i know and i need your help and advice.

I've been in dubai for around 3 years, with a traffic offense every now and then. 2008 i got zero black points.

Had a very rough 2 weeks at work, had to go to very early meetings and got caught by radar with speed 60km above the limit, TWICE.
So now i ended up with 2 violaitons, each 1000 dhms, and 24 black point.
Also my car should be confiscated / impounded for 60 days (30 for each offence)

I was able to pay the first one online, but the second one is highlighted in red and it mentions i MUST go to the traffic department to pay it.

Did anyone had similar experience?

Again i'm sorry, i know i'm guilty, so please don't trash me, but try to help me, i'll never do this again.

I am an old forum member, but i don't want to say who i am because i'm ashamed of what i did.

If anyone has experience with this, please tell me. Or if you know anyone can help.

I'm afraid that they might take my license or go to jail.

Thank you in advance and stay safe

Del
Dubai Expat Helper

Re: HELP; Victim of black points system Jan 11, 2009
Del wrote:

Hhahaahahahahahah !boy
ahamed
Dubai chat master

Jan 11, 2009
My personal experience running between the doors in traffid dept was:

I got a fine for installing a loud after market exhaust in 2007, which was then 100 Dirhams.

A new rule was pushed out in early 2008 for confiscating cars emitting loud noise. And since my car's registration was yet to get over in july 2008, the cops concluded that we go by the new law, which is confiscating the cars. With the help of a friend, we sorted out the no. of days from 30 down to 7 days. And from seven days down to 3 days. And then again, we collected it back under 2 days. Did this during the weekend, so dint really miss my car then !
ahamed
Dubai chat master

Jan 11, 2009
n you still pay instead of confiscation? Thought they stopped that! I wasn't able to do it.

Not sure about the DUI either, they say that, but hardly anyone gets 3 months. Know I guy who was well ratted, he got busted and flicked the finger, he did a week, fined 10,000 Dhs and let go.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jan 11, 2009
Exactly.

Guys, this is the help i need from you... how to do that??? how to get less time, no confiscation of my driving license and may be pay more of my hard earned money during this financial crisis... this is a huge punishment, but it won't stop my life, but taking my car and license... WILL.

Ahmad, thank you alot for the extreme details, i'll pm you and see how can i get some less sentence like you did...

Any idea how to do that? less time, no confiscation of the license.

ive been a good boy driving around for 3 years now.. and in one damn week all my life would be on hold because of me waking up late :( please help
Guiltydriver
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Jan 11, 2009
They WILL take your car - no doubt about it.

Licence don't know. It might depend who you see on the day and what mood they're in.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jan 11, 2009
well they did stop it, now started it again for covering up rising costs :lol:

They do ground your vehicle for more than 3 months incase of serious offences and multiple instances of same.

I stopped driving rash & fast, until and unless someone offers for a race or just to choke out carbon & warm up tyres for a long drive.

Apart from that, the traffic pattern has changed, there are variations in most of the conjested roads..seems to be getting better.. so i am enjoying driving at norm speed these days! No fines, no headaches.
ahamed
Dubai chat master

Jan 11, 2009
Guiltydriver wrote:Exactly.

Guys, this is the help i need from you... how to do that??? how to get less time, no confiscation of my driving license and may be pay more of my hard earned money during this financial crisis... this is a huge punishment, but it won't stop my life, but taking my car and license... WILL.

Ahmad, thank you alot for the extreme details, i'll pm you and see how can i get some less sentence like you did...

Any idea how to do that? less time, no confiscation of the license.

ive been a good boy driving around for 3 years now.. and in one damn week all my life would be on hold because of me waking up late :( please help

You will have to go and pay the fine and take the consequences, they do have taxi's in town so you will be able to get around.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Jan 11, 2009
ahamed wrote:well they did stop it, now started it again for covering up rising costs :lol:

They do ground your vehicle for more than 3 months incase of serious offences and multiple instances of same.

I stopped driving rash & fast, until and unless someone offers for a race or just to choke out carbon & warm up tyres for a long drive.

Apart from that, the traffic pattern has changed, there are variations in most of the conjested roads..seems to be getting better.. so i am enjoying driving at norm speed these days! No fines, no headaches.

Yeah I think I need to do the same and relax behind the wheel, go with the flow and take it easy. BUT it's hard! I just wanna get from A to B asafp.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jan 11, 2009
Sage, i love your answers! I love you man! Hahahahahahaah
ahamed
Dubai chat master

Jan 11, 2009
Guilty,

Do you speak arabic? iF you speak arabic like a parrot & can wear a hagaal' gatra & a nice tidy kandora..consider your job done then.
ahamed
Dubai chat master

Jan 11, 2009
We are not the Judge and Jury, you are in the hands of Inspector Al Knacker of the Car Yard. Its normally black and white here: You do the crime, you do the time. Or rather your car does.

They don't even wash it before you get it back!

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jan 11, 2009
Dubai Knight wrote:We are not the Judge and Jury, you are in the hands of Inspector Al Knacker of the Car Yard. Its normally black and white here: You do the crime, you do the time. Or rather your car does.

Knight

True enough :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Jan 11, 2009
Dubai Knight wrote:We are not the Judge and Jury, you are in the hands of Inspector Al Knacker of the Car Yard. Its normally black and white here: You do the crime, you do the time. Or rather your car does.

Knight

Yeah what's up with that man! Mine was a disaster when I got it back, and just trying to get it out the sand was a nightmare.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jan 11, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:

Knight

Yeah what's up with that man! Mine was a disaster when I got it back, and just trying to get it out the sand was a nightmare.

Are you serious?, did you have your vehicle impounded?, details please.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Jan 11, 2009
Ran a red light - that damn junction on Wasl road. Actually it was a ripe orange!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jan 11, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:Ran a red light - that damn junction on Wasl road. Actually it was a ripe orange!

How long did they keep your vehicle for?, I love the "Ripe Orange" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Jan 11, 2009
15 days and an 800 Dhs fine - boohoo
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jan 11, 2009
Chocs, you are such a bad-ass! I used to think you were so innocent, but you got your car impounded! :P
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Jan 11, 2009
But the best bit - oh this is great. Before I gave my car for impounding, I was out shopping for shoes, ended up buying a new car, instead of shoes, it's a woman thing - don't ask!

So when I went to get the new car, the sales people took my old car, dropped it off at the pound, then registered the new car and tadaaaaa not without a car!

THen I sold my old car to a friend.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jan 11, 2009
Or you could go and rent a car before your licence goes by by
busa
Dubai forums Addict

Jan 11, 2009
busa wrote:Or you could go and rent a car before your licence goes by by

busa, its risky to drive a rent a car without your permit in your wallet. Especially if it is confiscated.
ahamed
Dubai chat master

Jan 11, 2009
It is painfully easy to avoid speeding tickets and parking fines. I find it hilarious when people rack up thousands worth in tickets and then keep whining about them. However, this dude managed to screw himself with only 2 offences, which is a bit disconcerting.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat