Why Staying Here ? Answers Required

Topic locked
Jan 07, 2009
we are doing what we can but they can't get a hint. beside do you think they have other places to go ?nop. they are holding hard no to leave, they know whats going to happen to them if they leave, like I said in onother thread, they ll go back to hanging their deplomas in the windshield of the taxies they drive back home :)

uaekid
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Jan 07, 2009
Humbleman wrote:UAE government has to ensure that its citizens have the priority to jobs if they meet the jobs’ criteria, just like what other smart governments do around the world. In Australia and New Zealand, if citizen meet jobs’ criteria then companies must employ the citizen first.

However, I think its imperative that the UAE attracts the world’s brightest, and at the same time, work as hard to speed up its citizens’ readiness to replace these skilful people. These people will go back home sooner or later, it’s a matter of time, but UAE people are the one who will have to take care of their country’s future and development.

I am really happy to see Emiratis aiming for high achievements – it’s about time.

Assalamu Alaikum brother,
I agree with the 'preference given to locals' approach, it's enforced all over the world (more or less).

While UAE has to attract, retain and also groom the best and the brightest, we must not forget to take into account other factors - social stability, compatibility with Emirati culture and ethos, leaving a legacy for future generations.

The Emirati government must think along all these dimensions. If you don't want to leave a horrible legacy for your children who are totally attuned to Western societies while Westerners treat you worse than dirt in your own backyard, (some of them in this forum treat brother UAEKid very poorly, for example), the Emirati government had better invest heavily in military (for security - weakness invites aggression), indigenous production capabilities in most important and vital sectors of national interest, in research & development, in world class universities, in media, in sports, in political think tanks that formulate coherent, forward looking, comprehensive policies for our Emirati brothers and the wider Ummah.

These positions of vital national security interest can NOT, I repeat can NOT, be delegated to some nonmuslim, foreign, westerner who thinks he is above your laws and rules, customs, traditions, norms, religion, behaviour, values and system.
muslimbangladeshi
Dubai chat master

Jan 07, 2009
BTW I don't intend to say, the UAE government has done nothing that I have mentioned.

It has to do more, that's what I truly hope it does.

For example, if most of your Emirati channels and movies watched are sourced from a foreign country that has invaded illegally and killed millions of Muslims in Iraq, Afghanistan, Palestine, Syria, Lebanon, Sudan, Somalia, Pakistan etc and also depicts ISLAM, MUSLIMS & ARABS negatively in their movies, media, news channels etc, you MUST become independent in your own media propagation activities.

Qatar has done a very good job with Al Jazeera English. I have to commend it before I can criticize it for its pro Western, specifically pro American, viewpoint. It has a highly diverse, well qualified staff. Its bureaux are located in different time zones (although two of them are in anglo phone countries, UK and USA). It covers global news from a widely different perspective.

Its major shortcoming is its preoccupation with Western viewpoints when it comes to say, depicting Russia. Or handling any issue whatsoever that doesn't involve the Middle East. Most of its 'experts' that it interviews, most of its employees seem to be Westerners or at least its directors are.

That's a major shortcoming, and UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and many more of our brotherly countries of great prosperity must establish research establishments, think tanks, WORLD CLASS universities (I know it's easy to say, hard to do) that can formula policies for the benefit of the region and the Ummah and the wider world in fact, to save it from the tentacles of Western hypocrisy and deception.
muslimbangladeshi
Dubai chat master

Jan 07, 2009
muslimbangladeshi , I couldnt agree more with what you have stated above and it seems that you really understand what makes a nation independent and strong to decide for its own.

I also emphasize on the point that people from different countries regardless (muslims or non muslimes) will essentially have to adapt to our local systems and try to contribute in its stability, prosperity and to make it a better living ground for everyone instead of bashing UAE nationals for not doing enough.

The westerners, eurpians, micheal anglo whatever you call them, will always be what they are and no matter how much time you spend describing their deeds throughout history, you will not be able to change that old fact , that everywhere they go to create some sort of political instability and fragmentation among the people. the key is to know this trick to deal with them.
mesheditor
Dubai Forums Talker

Jan 07, 2009
Right you narrow minded little feather - here's a news flash it's all very well having Emiratisation, the problem is, many of the locals don;t actually WANT to work or are incapable of doing the job!

If I was the opposite of you! I would be saying all Muslims all Hindus all anyone else of any religion out of the Wetsner countries! If you come here you MUST wear bikini on the beach or speedo if you're a guy. You must drink beer! etc etc etc

Don't you understand how utterly ridiculous that sounds?! That's how utterly ridiculous you sound. You sad, pathetic little man!

Walla Habibi! Inshallah one day you'll wake up! Oh by the way my arabic isn't bad!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jan 07, 2009
uaekid wrote:we are doing what we can but they can't get a hint. beside do you think they have other places to go ?nop. they are holding hard no to leave, they know whats going to happen to them if they leave, like I said in onother thread, they ll go back to hanging their deplomas in the windshield of the taxies they drive back home :)

honestly speaking, the world is crazy out there and if were them , i would stick around . the other day i got pretty much frustrated when someone said something like we only here to leach out your money and leave you when its all dry so you guys get back to eating dates and stuff like that.

these kind of people that i would like to see exterminated. and seriously these are only minority here so i will never apply the impression i got on everyone i see here.
mesheditor
Dubai Forums Talker

Jan 08, 2009
nationalist parties and ordinary people of other countries around the world scream 'go home paki, romanian, polish, turkish, kurdish', and in uae, 'americans,english, indian' etc.. it's pretty much the same every where really..

so what do we do now; stop living..??

xl
muyesser
Dubai forums Addict

Jan 08, 2009
muyesser wrote:nationalist parties and ordinary people of other countries around the world scream 'go home paki, romanian, polish, turkish, kurdish', and in uae, 'americans,english, indian' etc.. it's pretty much the same every where really..

xl

What a dull world it would be if everyone had to live in their country of birth and never leave it or visit other countries.

It would be like Saudi Arabia.

Or the USA.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jan 09, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:Right you narrow minded little feather - here's a news flash it's all very well having Emiratisation, the problem is, many of the locals don;t actually WANT to work or are incapable of doing the job!

If I was the opposite of you! I would be saying all Muslims all Hindus all anyone else of any religion out of the Wetsner countries! If you come here you MUST wear bikini on the beach or speedo if you're a guy. You must drink beer! etc etc etc

Don't you understand how utterly ridiculous that sounds?! That's how utterly ridiculous you sound. You sad, pathetic little man!

Walla Habibi! Inshallah one day you'll wake up! Oh by the way my arabic isn't bad!

That's already happened.

Can you name a Muslim nonWestern country that has ordered invasion or mass killing of nonmuslim Westerners? Westerners including your selves are indulging in killing and occupation of Iraq, Afghanistan, Palestine, Somalia directly or indirectly. These are facts we mustn't lost sight of.

Moreover, what was the deal with anti Muslim and anti Islamic rhetoric from political parties in the West and their media. They even insulted the Prophet (PBUH) while in a forum dedicated to Dubai, you Westerners and your lickspittle find it hard to face up to the fact that is Dubai forum, not UK or Western forum?

There have been firebombs, religious attacks, calls for immigrants to be screened using 'compatibility tests' (if they can adjust to seeing topless Dutch females etc) in Western countries.

There are 'skinheads' and so many other groups in the West that no nonwestern country can match it. Of course your obedient lickspittle 'gtmash' etc may be oblivious to these facts; quite obvious given their Western leanings.
muslimbangladeshi
Dubai chat master

Jan 09, 2009
uaekid wrote:we are doing what we can but they can't get a hint. beside do you think they have other places to go ?nop. they are holding hard no to leave, they know whats going to happen to them if they leave, like I said in onother thread, they ll go back to hanging their deplomas in the windshield of the taxies they drive back home :)

Brother I think you are taking this not so seriously. It's a serious issue.

Think about your children. Do you want them to grow up like Westerners?

That's what Chocoholic, Dubai Knight is doing by corrupting your environment, moreover by trying to suppress any and alll voice that speaks out the truth (remember how they threatened me despite Choco thinking a "muslim" is a "muppet", while I made no religious insult) they want to blind you to the obvious realities of life back in their Western countries.

Dubai and UAE should 'filter' foreigners that come to Dubai. The foreigners MUST adapt to local conditions,customs etc.

These insolent Westerners are athreat to your future generation. No offence to your leaders but I think in search for the short term economic benefits of inviting foreigners (which can be any foreigner), your leaders are overlooking the cost to be borne by your future generation.
muslimbangladeshi
Dubai chat master

Jan 09, 2009
Dubai Knight wrote:
muyesser wrote:nationalist parties and ordinary people of other countries around the world scream 'go home paki, romanian, polish, turkish, kurdish', and in uae, 'americans,english, indian' etc.. it's pretty much the same every where really..

xl

What a dull world it would be if everyone had to live in their country of birth and never leave it or visit other countries.

It would be like Saudi Arabia.

Or the USA.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight

Your opinions.

Carry no weight.
muslimbangladeshi
Dubai chat master

Jan 09, 2009
mesheditor wrote:muslimbangladeshi , I couldnt agree more with what you have stated above and it seems that you really understand what makes a nation independent and strong to decide for its own.

I also emphasize on the point that people from different countries regardless (muslims or non muslimes) will essentially have to adapt to our local systems and try to contribute in its stability, prosperity and to make it a better living ground for everyone instead of bashing UAE nationals for not doing enough.

Well said brother. We mustn't forget they are trying to impose their views on the Emirati establishment with their devious schemes.

They act as if they know it all and they hold the key like the Dutch boy. They suggest what Emiratis should do is follow their lead, moreover they ask what is wrong with allowing promiscuity, prostituion, homosexuality and other sins in the hope that other westerners and likeminded persons like 'gtmash' will support these statements.

Don't be misled by their deception.

The westerners, eurpians, micheal anglo whatever you call them, will always be what they are and no matter how much time you spend describing their deeds throughout history, you will not be able to change that old fact , that everywhere they go to create some sort of political instability and fragmentation among the people. the key is to know this trick to deal with them.

Precisely brother. Well said.
muslimbangladeshi
Dubai chat master

Jan 10, 2009
Ignorance is bliss. :shock:
RobbyG

Jan 10, 2009
:roll:
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jan 10, 2009
This is to Muslimbangladeshi

Mate, I am a Muslim myself, but I wouldn’t expect others to embrace everything that I belief in, nor would I embrace everything that they belief in.

You see, people who come to the UAE or Dubai in particular, think they are coming to a fun city, because that’s what Dubai has been portraying to the outside world. Not to mention, some people have no idea about the local’s culture or what’s acceptable and unacceptable. So it’s unfair to blame these individuals, the only one to blame is the UAE government of not making their law and culture easily understood by others.

I don’t like it when you somehow want others to think that your culture or religion is somehow superior then theirs. I am sorry, but I have t be fair and say so everyone else does. However, if you don’t like my culture then try to educate me about yours in an amicable manner, or otherwise just don’t invite me to the party, it’s that simple.

Look, human history is full of tragedies and miseries, I always try to avoid read about it because its makes me feel embarrassed as a human being. I sometime ask myself, when humans will ever learn to respect one another’s right, freedom, culture, lands, point of views, and understand that we all share the same DNA.

It’s funny to hear the same thing being said to foreigners in the UAE, because I’ve been hearing the same thing said to migrants in a Western country, that’s where I live – I guess it’s a universal blaming-game after all.

Muslimbangladeshi, please don’t generalize, be specific. There are so so so many Westerners who are peace-loving, compassionate and not afraid to stand up against injustice – these people are my heroes and always will be.
Humbleman
Dubai forums Addict

Jan 10, 2009
Great post Humbleman and I salute you for your views. Sadly though I think your words will fall on deaf ears. But it's very nice to know that at least some of us share the same views and can also learn to accept our differences.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

shut the hell up Jan 10, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:Right you narrow minded little feather - here's a news flash it's all very well having Emiratisation, the problem is, many of the locals don;t actually WANT to work or are incapable of doing the job!

Your statement about local community makes me want to vomit, it is so disgusting to hear you say this while enjoying the poor guys benefits; you owe me an apology for it. We do have very hard workers, but since they are being appraised by some of your type at the end of the year, of course they gonna be lazy and incapable to do the job and that guarantees your survival here.
mesheditor
Dubai Forums Talker

Jan 10, 2009
is the whole forum turning into "war of words" ?!!!!!!!!!!!!
gafoorgk
Dubai forums Addict

Jan 10, 2009
gafoorgk wrote:is the whole forum turning into "war of words" ?!!!!!!!!!!!!

No, why would you say that.

It is a good thing when people exchanging their opinions, because it will increase their understanding of one another.

You have to understand that, humans cannot even agree on everything with even their own son/daughter let alone stranger.
8)
Humbleman
Dubai forums Addict

Jan 10, 2009
true, but it seems respect for others opinion is what i find lacking here.
gafoorgk
Dubai forums Addict

Jan 10, 2009
True, however when someone describes us lazy and incapable to do the job, will eventually get a slap for it by any Emaraty. The Emartization scheme is more complicated than that for certain, and as the name suggests, it’s a western made scheme just to delude poor emaraties and other indigenous in the northern emirates that this is what they are trying to do. “People who live in the Amazonian rainforests never talk of doing anything, they just go and DO IT”
mesheditor
Dubai Forums Talker

Jan 10, 2009
don't mind her mesheditor, she is chocoholic , the brainiac of UAE social affair and locals capabilities.
But just to comment on her poor view of us, I for one will not work a DH6000 ! which I guess is the average salary for privet businesses , why would I since there are jobs that pays more I mean why settle for less?
uaekid
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Re: shut the hell up Jan 11, 2009
mesheditor wrote:

Your statement about local community makes me want to vomit, it is so disgusting to hear you say this while enjoying the poor guys benefits; you owe me an apology for it. We do have very hard workers, but since they are being appraised by some of your type at the end of the year, of course they gonna be lazy and incapable to do the job and that guarantees your survival here.

Nope, shant apologise for som ething being true. And please note that I didn't say all, but many or some, which is true enough. I can give you plenty of examples, but quite frankly, can't be bothered.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jan 11, 2009
Bring your reference or else shut the hell up, or rather just like what BM said the other daY “ your words have no weight “
When you get a problem you have to investigate and get your reference straight, I don’t want you to apologies to me but rather for the citizens of this graceful country, . And I suggest that we talk about Emartization foully campaign in some other thread.
mesheditor
Dubai Forums Talker

Jan 11, 2009
To Chocoholic;

Show em your shoe and walk on.
Its not even worth replying to some of these unethicals.

Just ignore them, so they get bored by themselves.
RobbyG

Jan 11, 2009
RobbyG, just want to knwo what was so unethical in my ealier post, I am addressing everyone and i dont point stuff personally, I didnt call choco something like a little feather or anything.

I really feel that i want to clarify things up when it outsiders from Netherlands like you come over here and bashging and badmouthing my community, calling them names, judge them before even meeting of them.

all this is now coming to an end , mark my words !
mesheditor
Dubai Forums Talker

Jan 11, 2009
mesheditor wrote:RobbyG, just want to knwo what was so unethical in my ealier post, I am addressing everyone and i dont point stuff personally, I didnt call choco something like a little feather or anything.

I really feel that i want to clarify things up when it outsiders from Netherlands like you come over here and bashging and badmouthing my community, calling them names, judge them before even meeting of them.

It is fantastic to see passionate Emiratis want to change the status quo. I like what you are stand up for.

The UAE government should impose a law that oblige companies to train local people to fill certain jobs. UAE people are very smart and fast learner, I know that because I’ve studied with some of them.

Its naïve and condescending to think that certain group of people are lazy or less intelligent. All human beings are capable of doing anything as long as they trained and given the opportunity.
Humbleman
Dubai forums Addict

Jan 11, 2009
mesheditor wrote:RobbyG, just want to knwo what was so unethical in my ealier post, I am addressing everyone and i dont point stuff personally, I didnt call choco something like a little feather or anything.

You know you only say this to get me on response. I mark my words carefully, and haven't said significant unrespectful remarks about our Emirati friends because I respect everone with good reasoning and arguments. Its the context that matters and I see to much generalisation.

Some have that, some don't. I don't like people who play games like this. I'm done with this thread.
RobbyG

Jan 11, 2009
From hard personal experience, I have found that a number of Emiratis think they have a given right to be the boss and are not willing to learn the basics of a job function or task that give you the true understanding of the job.

They are looking for a fast track without having to learn the ropes.

There are many jobs they could be doing here but simply don't want to follow the natural progression required to have the skills as there will be 'someone' to do it for them.

That being said, I have met some locals who are highly skilled at their jobs and take a pride in doing it and seeing it done properly. They have studied hard, worked their way up through the heirarchy, learned each level thoroughly and have a full grasp of the job function. Unfortunately, they are not working in the sectors where the country really needs it.

:? :? :?

Knight
Dubai Knight

Jan 11, 2009
Okay, I'll give you two classic examples. My mother lost her job due to Emiratisation - fine, but once she's gone everyone complained about the local girl that replaced her as she didn't have a clue how to do the job, sat there filing her nails or yapping on the phone all day and basically got everyone else to do the work for her!

My father, a manager for a huge corporation here, was forced to take on a national guy due to having to have a certain number Emiratis on the work force, the girls he took on were fabulous and he had nothing but praise for them as they were brilliant. But the guy! Basically couldn't pull a 10 hour shift, would rock up late, go early, fall alseep at his desk, tlak all day on the phone. In the end the guy quit, saying it was impossible for one person to do the job and that it would take three! Bonus, meaning dadio thanks to the guys admission, was allowed to not have to employ locals.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk