What Are People Upto Tonight?

Topic locked
What are people upto tonight? Jan 02, 2009
I'm so bored - I have no idea where to go and what to do apart from malls and driving...any tips/ideas? Thanks!

newfromLondon
Dubai Forum User

Jan 02, 2009
Name a bar...

Ski Dubai might be cool! In fact bloody cold!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jan 02, 2009
Ski Dubai comes under "Malls"

:P :P
arniegang

Jan 02, 2009
desert driving in a Jeep??
arniegang

Jan 02, 2009
bugger just noticed "driving is out" too

:?
arniegang

Jan 02, 2009
Go to a movie

Dine out

Read a book

Go sit on the beach

Play a game on your pc...

Clean up your apt.
Dubai Rose
Dubai Forums Member

Jan 02, 2009
I was going to go to karaoke. But seeing as I'm an infectious, ozzing bag of disease, I'm curled up at home.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jan 02, 2009
arniegang wrote:bugger just noticed "driving is out" too

Lol! I would love that except I am only renting an Toyota Yaris - just about got the hang of driving on the 'wrong side of the road' - desert driving is a whole new ballgame! It's a bit chilly outside...so far my evening has involved; sitting on this forum, staring out of the window and going to choithrams just so I can see some life and people as it is DEAD where I am currently staying (Barsha) - I've even started striking up conversations with the reception staff and security guard though I think they think I am nuts :) oh well....
newfromLondon
Dubai Forum User

Jan 02, 2009
I went go-karting today for the first time in my life. Despite getting lapped by girls half my age and spinning out on almost every corner, I had a superb time.

Recommend it to anyone
FTD
Dubai Forums Talker

Jan 03, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:I was going to go to karaoke. But seeing as I'm an infectious, ozzing bag of disease, I'm curled up at home.

couldn't find one yet choco I see !! well I'm always here and remember (since we locals are enjoying the bad things you westren brought )that I might be at the same spot.
uaekid
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Jan 03, 2009
Happy New Year all
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Jan 03, 2009
newfromLondon wrote:
arniegang wrote:bugger just noticed "driving is out" too

Lol! I would love that except I am only renting an Toyota Yaris - just about got the hang of driving on the 'wrong side of the road' - desert driving is a whole new ballgame! It's a bit chilly outside...so far my evening has involved; sitting on this forum, staring out of the window and going to choithrams just so I can see some life and people as it is DEAD where I am currently staying (Barsha) - I've even started striking up conversations with the reception staff and security guard though I think they think I am nuts :) oh well....

Hey London gal. Reading from your posts and the replies you got it seems to me quite a few of your country fellows offered their assistance. I don't understand why you don't give them a chance. I absolutely respect your decission to go back but it does sound a hasty one. When I first came here about 10 months ago there were so many frustrations that I was ready to go back many times during the first 3 months. But I decided to give it at least a year and then weigh my options. One year mark is approaching for me and I'm still kinda undecided. But like many people have said calling this city dead doesn't help. It takes some effort to get out and explore as this city and country has a lot to offer. I understand its not London for you or Nevada for me. We all feel comfortable in our familiar surroundings and things we grow up with, friends and families etc etc. But all made this choice to come here knowing/expecting full well that things will be different.
Anyway good luck on your move. Wish you all the best.
K-Dog
Dubai Expat Helper

Jan 03, 2009
hi
i had the same feelings many times from few months, what i did is i start to practice my hobbies.
Photography shoots, ballroom dance, desert drive, climping etc.
and through each hobby i find and made friends and i have a busy life right now.
good luck and try to find your way, if any help need just say it.

Cheers
yasrkasem
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jan 03, 2009
FTD wrote:I went go-karting today for the first time in my life. Despite getting lapped by girls half my age and spinning out on almost every corner, I had a superb time.
Recommend it to anyone

Where did you play go-kart dude?
ArchitectRoel
Dubai forums Addict

Jan 03, 2009
morning back!!!!

work asusual!!!!

sharfraz
Dubai chat master

Jan 03, 2009
ArchitectRoel wrote:
FTD wrote:I went go-karting today for the first time in my life. Despite getting lapped by girls half my age and spinning out on almost every corner, I had a superb time.
Recommend it to anyone

Where did you play go-kart dude?

The do go-karting up at the Autodrome. They have an inside track, which is hilarious as you come away dizzy, because the turns are so tight and it take real skill to overtake people on it. Plus they have a huge outdoor track.

Brilliant fun and pretty cheap too! They now also have laserquest.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jan 03, 2009
ArchitectRoel wrote:Where did you play go-kart dude?

As mentioned the Autodrome, it's just past the Global Village. We went on the outside track. Big and has dips and hills too. We had two 15 mins sessions with a break in between.

http://www.dubaiautodrome.com/general/c ... 45&sm=1048
FTD
Dubai Forums Talker

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat