Laws That Should Be Enforced IMMEDIATELY!

Topic locked
Laws that should be enforced IMMEDIATELY! Jan 02, 2009
Been on the road all day and I am shocked to see the amount of kids not strapped into childrens seats, usually stood up in the front or sat on the parents knee.......What makes this all the more shocking is that the parents are sat there with their seat belts on!!!!!

Surely the police should be enforcing this most basic rule??????

smoggie
Dubai Expat Helper

Jan 02, 2009
Mate, unfortunately these people will never get it. I quite frequently ask parents that I see doing this, to strap their children in, and the normal reaction is to be told to get lost and mind your own business.

They will never learn until their child is injured or killed.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jan 02, 2009
Yeah I know! But I guess it is not up to you to enforce the law. That is the job of the police.

We all know that if you voice an opinion here that people take personal offence.
smoggie
Dubai Expat Helper

Jan 02, 2009
Unfortunately, life here is cheap.

The fact that a child seat costs very little escapes these idiots.

:( :( :(

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jan 02, 2009
I remember the 7Days article about the woman who "heroically" protected her child from death when they were out wadi bashing. What happened was the husband lost control of the SUV, and the mother and son who weren't wearing seatbelts in the back flew through the windshield and the child landed on his mother's body down the cliff. She died, but thank goodness she heroically used her body to protect her child. :roll:

It is the viewpoint there that the outer shell of the car should be enough to protect the passengers. If it doesn't, oh well, God didn't wish it to be so.

One of my husband's coworkers was driving on SZR and thought the car in front had a doll in the back window. No, it was the family's infant!
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Jan 02, 2009
Smoggie, I know! However, people that know me here, know very well that I believe in speaking for those who cannot speak for themselves. I believe if you see a childs life being put in danger, because that is exactly what this is, reckless endangerment, you are obliged to say something. You never know, you could save a childs life.

The police do very little about it here. I have on several occassions reported irresponsible drivers to the police, who tell me that they would fine them. But this is not good enough. Many of these people will not learn until the see the potential consequences of their actions.

Children should be taught at school, that they should be strapped into a car.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jan 03, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:Smoggie, I know! However, people that know me here, know very well that I believe in speaking for those who cannot speak for themselves.

get a hobby..Seriously
uaekid
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Jan 03, 2009
uaekid wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:Smoggie, I know! However, people that know me here, know very well that I believe in speaking for those who cannot speak for themselves.

get a hobby..Seriously

She does have a point...
Galactico
Dubai forums GURU

Jan 03, 2009
uaekid: she is so much more right than you could ever believe, I have lost a good friend back in Canada because he thought nothign would ever happen to him and he ended up dead in a car accident because he didnt have his seatbelt on. What you take as offense is someone actually carign about saving your life. These accidents are stupid and easily avoidable, but unfortunately until 100's of people die like this no one is going to realize.

Very sad
Pimpin80
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jan 03, 2009
uaekid wrote:

get a hobby..Seriously

dude, you area banana. seriousy
dubaidog
Dubai chat master

Jan 03, 2009
dubaidog wrote:
uaekid wrote:

get a hobby..Seriously

dude, you area banana. seriousy

did not realize i was censored. I said you were a *** just to clear things up..you can stick the banana in your back ring. leave chocs alone.

At least she has the smarts to restrain children.
dubaidog
Dubai chat master

Jan 03, 2009
uaekid wrote:

get a hobby..Seriously

If you like her...court her :oops:
ArchitectRoel
Dubai forums Addict

Jan 03, 2009
Galactico wrote:
uaekid wrote:

get a hobby..Seriously

She does have a point...

Indeed...
quatroporte
Dubai chat master

Jan 03, 2009
ArchitectRoel wrote:
uaekid wrote:

get a hobby..Seriously

If you like her...court her :oops:

is someone seeing someone here!!!!!!!!?

hahahahahahahhahha

:lol:
sharfraz
Dubai chat master

Jan 03, 2009
Thanks guys. I lost my aunt in a car accident because she was not wearing a seat belt! She went straight through the windscreen. I also lost a very good school friend the same way. So as far as I'm concerned you can never be wrong, by telling people to look after their children.

UAEkid, go drop a water melon froma first floor balcony! The result is what happens to a baby or childs head when they hit the windscreen! Children will also be killed instantly if hit with an airbag, they suffer from a broken neck or crushing of the chest.

Children or even adults, not strapped in the back seat are also a danger to the driver or front seat passenger, because even if they are not thrown through the windscreen, they can easily be thrown forward into the back of those in front, causing head injuries.

I can only assume you are one of those ignorant people who doesn't care about children's safety. I hope you never have to learn the hard way.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jan 03, 2009
Galactico wrote:
uaekid wrote:

get a hobby..Seriously

She does have a point...

+1
reviewer
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jan 03, 2009
seat belt or no seat belt, its in your destiny whether you will die or not. When facing death not even a seat belt can save you.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 03, 2009
Oh yes it can! What a rubbish attitude to have!

I really really do not understand the 'sick' mentality of many 'people' here. A couple of weeks ago whilst driving back from UAQ there was an accident and the police, ambulance and fire brigade were dealing with it. The number of cars and people stopping to take photos, get out and watch what was going on was appalling!

Imagine if that was you, or one of your friends and family? It's got nothing to do with you.

People like that who would take pleasure in seeing another suffer, disgust me! It's like watching a snuff video!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jan 03, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:Oh yes it can! What a rubbish attitude to have!

I really really do not understand the 'sick' mentality of many 'people' here. A couple of weeks ago whilst driving back from UAQ there was an accident and the police, ambulance and fire brigade were dealing with it. The number of cars and people stopping to take photos, get out and watch what was going on was appalling!

Imagine if that was you, or one of your friends and family? It's got nothing to do with you.

People like that who would take pleasure in seeing another suffer, disgust me! It's like watching a snuff video!

sorry chocoholics for my "sick and sorry" mentality. But I have known ppl who have survived crashes where they were not wearing a seat belt. I have known ppl who were wearing a seat belt and they passed away when their car steered off the road and crashed down the mountain.

you might have read of articles in gulf news where a 2 year old kid jumped from a 4 storey building and still survived.

Sorry for my sick mentality but this is someone called "god" up there who decides our fates. not a seat belt.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 03, 2009
rudeboy wrote:

Its amazing to see such ignorance and arrogance. God has given us brains to think. Seat belts are the best protection in a car accident. If we apply your logic, why go see a doctor when we get sick? Why wear safety gears when working on a construction site?

sorry chocoholics for my "sick and sorry" mentality. But I have known ppl who have survived crashes where they were not wearing a seat belt. I have known ppl who were wearing a seat belt and they passed away when their car steered off the road and crashed down the mountain.

you might have read of articles in gulf news where a 2 year old kid jumped from a 4 storey building and still survived.

Sorry for my sick mentality but this is someone called "god" up there who decides our fates. not a seat belt.
K-Dog
Dubai Expat Helper

Jan 03, 2009
Rudeboy:
The point that I was making was that this is one of the easiest laws to enforce that CAN SAVE LIVES!

The parents that take no care to secure their own offspring should be hammered (legally)

What makes it worse is when they strap themselves in securely
smoggie
Dubai Expat Helper

Jan 03, 2009
Its amazing to see such ignorance and arrogance. God has given us brains to think. Seat belts are the best protection in a car accident. If we apply your logic, why go see a doctor when we get sick? Why wear safety gears when working on a construction site?
K-Dog
Dubai Expat Helper

Jan 03, 2009
K-Dog wrote:Its amazing to see such ignorance and arrogance. God has given us brains to think. Seat belts are the best protection in a car accident. If we apply your logic, why go see a doctor when we get sick? Why wear safety gears when working on a construction site?

K-Dog and others i think you guys have mis-understood what i m saying. I am not against the seat belt law. I think it should be implemented. Yes I agree that wearing a seat belt increases your chance of survival. And YES wearing safety gears on a construction site do save lifes. But what I am saying is that you will come across cases where ppl have perished away despite wearing seat belts. Ppl have got burnt alive because they were stuck in their cars while they were tangled in the seat belt. You will also come across cases where ppl have passed away despite wearing a seat belt.

Bottom line is seat belt or no seat belt its up to our fate and when death is in our face not even a seat belt can save us.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 03, 2009
rudeboy wrote:

Ahhh you seem to forget that GOD also gave you the man that invented seatbelts!

People fall from balconies, failed parachute jumps etc all the time and survive. And there is a very simple explanation for this. But I won't bore you with it.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jan 03, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:They will never learn until their child is injured or killed.

Exactly, or they're killed themselves. So then just make seatbelts compulsory only for people who choose to wear one. If some people don't want to wear one, or protect their children, that's their choice. If it increases the chances they or their children die, well isn't that Darwinism working as expected?
bonk

Jan 03, 2009
I really don't care if the adults 'choose' to put their lives at risk! But for a child who relies on it's parents/adults to keep them safe. There really is no excuse.

How about adults can choose, but children must be strapped in, until they reach the age of 18, then they can choose or not.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jan 03, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:
rudeboy wrote:

Ahhh you seem to forget that GOD also gave you the man that invented seatbelts!

People fall from balconies, failed parachute jumps etc all the time and survive. And there is a very simple explanation for this. But I won't bore you with it.

Yes I agree with you it is God that made man and gave us humans a heart and a brain. Yes man have invented seatbelts but dont forget man also invented the Nuclear Bombs and various other guns and weapons which are being used to wipe each other out.

hmmm i guess talking about seat belts is more important then talking about the facts how to stop all this killing ;) or how to ban guns and weapons or even nuclear weapons ;)

plz i would luv to hear "chocs" version on how humans survive from a failed parachute or even a jump from a high storey building. Are you going to be giving me some scientific evidence?
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 03, 2009
Deleted
bonk

Jan 03, 2009
bonk wrote:
rudeboy wrote:Sorry for my sick mentality but this is someone called "god" up there who decides our fates. not a seat belt.

You mean "God" I presume? God might decide our fates but God also gave us abilities to do things and make choices. Personally, I'm not comfortable blaming God when I make a choice that has an outcome I don't like.

bonky i m not blaming god all i m saying is when facing death a seat belt will not save your life. its up to god. that is all i m saying. I am up for seat belt law but its god who decides our fate not a seat belt. If you dont believe in God well thats another story and suggest you hold on to your seat real tight :D
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 03, 2009
rudeboy wrote:If you dont believe in God well thats another story

Where did I say that?
bonk

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat