Disgruntled Dutch Girl

Topic locked
Jan 07, 2006
Thanks for the recommendation. It should make some interesting reading.

Now back to the topic at hand.

Linda_Stuiv
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jan 07, 2006
Linda_Stuiv
Dubai Forum User

Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 10:11 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Getting there is kind of hard.

It's pretty big, and I think that people furnishing/completing their hourses/villas will appreciate the basic bathroom/toilet/marbles ...etc

Its "Houses" i think you will find Linda, not "hourses"

Hourses are those rather grand animals with four legs that race and hunt

:lol: :lol:
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jan 07, 2006
Linda,

We / i have never gone "off topic". I have chosen to bring into the current debate, your rather agressive and over reactive attitude.

It is most relevant
arniegang

Jan 07, 2006
Next !!!
arniegang

Jan 07, 2006
Ok, it was a typo.

But you've shown us that you know what Horses (not hourses) are. Good for you "enthusiastic clap".

How about starting a new thread just telling people how "bad" I am, because I questioned the "Western community" in Dubai, something which you can't seem to get over.

As for this thread, some people are actually -I know it's hard to comprehend- trying to have a discussion.

Yawn.
Linda_Stuiv
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jan 07, 2006
Linda,

You really do yourself no justice. The majority of us totally agree with you, it is the way you respond to people like Choc that is becoming the issue.

If you want good constructive debate Linda, lighten up and dont be so over reactive, curt and rude in your responses.
arniegang

Jan 07, 2006
The majority of us totally agree with you

Thank you :) I finally have Arniegang's opinion on the issue.

it is the way you respond to people like Choc that is becoming the issue.

I don't see anybody else making it "The Issue". Anyway, let's just say I have my reasons (from other posts ..etc). But point taken. Moving on.[/code]
Linda_Stuiv
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jan 08, 2006
Linda,

If you don't care nthen why are you making such a big deal of it all?

I DON'T CARE!!!! I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOU AND YOUR FIANCE!

Go and live happily ever after and forget about everything.

Bloody hell if this is the way you act towards you patients, they probably all need extra treatment. For a Psychologist you're not exactly good at looking at other peoples perspectives and seeing the bigger picture.

You're way too aggresive.

Look at you! You're now running around the forum posting in every topic, like a silly little school girl who desperately wants to be friends with and be accepted by everyone 'Oh please like me, please be my friend'

Pathetic!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jan 08, 2006
Linda_Stuiv wrote:
Sadly bias, bigotry, prejudice and misunderstanding are to be found in the four corners of the planet. I don't really know whether Dubai is any worse than anywhere else. Maybe it's given a sharper edge and more focus because of the incredible mix in one place.

Your particular case is probably a personal example of what happens on the world stage... there is a lack of understanding and will to understand each other between the Muslim world and the West. Maybe if they started in schools teaching kids about each others beliefs and ways it might be a start....

I agree Goodbai, I just hope I can make a change, although some seem to kick and scream in resistance :) oh well.

As for arniegang : it's cheated On her final exams, not in.

It's psycho analysis, not psycho analayising, that sounds like an island in the Pacific ocean.

It's brilliant , not brillaiant.

It's Juvenile, not Juevenial

It's Issues, not issue's

It's Counselling, not Counciling.

Ok .... now you were saying something about intelligence and cheating on exams? I totally missed it :)

But I'll give you a B for the effort. :lol:

P.S: You're yet to say anything about the topic itself, I repeat for the 3rd time 8)

I love reading flames and retorts and this was one of the best posts of the year. HEY LIBAN MAKE THIS POST A STICKY!!! OK guys carry on! :lol:
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 08, 2006
Well Linda,

I am sorry to say, but you will have to live with it. Bigotry, racism etc are evident in every single country in the world, without exception. If it really bugs the hell out of you, then you need to grow up and face it.

There is one simple answer to get you over all your worries = convert to his religion!
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Jan 08, 2006
sniper420 wrote:
I love reading flames and retorts and this was one of the best posts of the year. HEY LIBAN MAKE THIS POST A STICKY!!! OK guys carry on! :lol:

It would be humorous to have this as a sticky :)
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 08, 2006
yorky500 wrote:Well Linda,

I am sorry to say, but you will have to live with it. Bigotry, racism etc are evident in every single country in the world, without exception. If it really bugs the hell out of you, then you need to grow up and face it.

There is one simple answer to get you over all your worries = convert to his religion!

Actually, I thought of that... Why don't you convert?
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 08, 2006
Sorry to butt in but bigotry is learned. A child is not born with prejudices against others. "Teaching" acceptance is not the answer whereas showing or leading by example is. (Yeah! Don't finish a sentence with is! Done that twice now!! :) ) Watch young children play with others -neither language nor race will be a barrier unless they have been taught to believe otherwise.
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jan 08, 2006
Sorry to butt in but bigotry is learned. A child is not born with prejudices against others. "Teaching" acceptance is not the answer whereas showing or leading by example is. (Yeah! Don't finish a sentence with is! Done that twice now!! ) Watch young children play with others -neither language nor race will be a barrier unless they have been taught to believe otherwise.

Very well put GAB. That's precisely my point. I don't think that people of a certain race/descent (Westerners in this case) just miraculously turn into racists/biased as soon as they land here. It's an on-going process. A lot of people have pre-concieved thoughts, and they -think- they know all about Arabs and Muslims, when -in fact- they've had very little interaction with them. These lens through which these people view Arabs are called "Orientalism".

Actually, I thought of that... Why don't you convert?

How would that solve anything? I'm not complaining of Muslims accepting me. I'm complaining of Westerners' bias and stereotypes. The issue is that, me and my fiance's situation is a "Manifestation" of that racism. But -by no means- is that the main issue here.

I don't want to gain acceptance, I could care less. I do have my friends and inner circle. But this general atmosphere, is not very friendly, or accepting, and it's unjust. So the purpose of this thread was to understand why, and if anybody else has noticed the same. End of Story.

Linda,

If you don't care nthen why are you making such a big deal of it all?

Because it's unjust. I abhore injustice. And this happens to be a situation where I'm involved in first-hand.

I DON'T CARE!!!! I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOU AND YOUR FIANCE!

I'm devastated.

Go and live happily ever after and forget about everything.

For the most part, I am very happy. But I wanted to discuss this sensitive and controversial issue on this seemingly open-minded forum, emotions run high, we're only human.

Bloody hell if this is the way you act towards you patients, they probably all need extra treatment. For a Psychologist you're not exactly good at looking at other peoples perspectives and seeing the bigger picture.

A psychiatrist treats patients. A psychologist is a person which studies the Human Psyche, and that isn't limited to "treating" people. As a matter of fact it has very little to do with it in most cases.

The big picture? Your opinion was that I was exposed to a minority. My opinion was that it's not a minority, it's a
bigger picture ........ come again?

Look at you! You're now running around the forum posting in every topic, like a silly little school girl who desperately wants to be friends with and be accepted by everyone 'Oh please like me, please be my friend'

Errr..... Does participating in the forum and voicing what I think mean that I'm desperately trying to find friends? Interesting.

Pathetic!

No sweety, you're pathetic. I'm yet to see any post of yours that indicates the slightest shred of intelligence. It's basically jerky reflex-initiated personal remarks.

Hence, ever after your first gem (which any 6-year old could have come up with), ie: just live it off!! Everything you had said had nothing to do with the topic.

Try to get this down your thick skull: the issue is about a community which displays racism/closure/bias towards the majority. I had learned that through the case of being with an Arab man. Other people might notice the same end result but through a completely different method (such as working in a mixed workplace)....etc.

So you basically miss the point. You never knew what the point was to start with.

Secondly, your personal attacks are amusingly lame. Trying to befriend people? Trying to get accepted? What is this? Highschool? :lol:

I'll ignore whatever jejune retorts you might post (unless they're solid, which is unlikely considering the span of your attention and obvious lack of education and maturity). I hope we can exchange views on other threads where it might be more constructive than the catfight it is here.
[/code]
Linda_Stuiv
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jan 08, 2006
Linda

I think, as much as you have a clear perspective regarding others, i must ask you to just stop, think and review how others may percieve you.

I said earlier, you have a good point for discussion and a case to some extent. But if you want people to listen and discuss, then you must not sink to the level that you feel they have sunk too, whether valid or not.

I would have assumed that, as a professional you can relate to this. Getting "personal" does nothing to get your point across and damages any credability you may have.
arniegang

Jan 09, 2006
arniegang wrote:Linda

I think, as much as you have a clear perspective regarding others, i must ask you to just stop, think and review how others may percieve you.

I said earlier, you have a good point for discussion and a case to some extent. But if you want people to listen and discuss, then you must not sink to the level that you feel they have sunk too, whether valid or not.

I would have assumed that, as a professional you can relate to this. Getting "personal" does nothing to get your point across and damages any credability you may have.

You're right. things have gotten out of hand, haven't they? :)

Let's hope things get better when this thread has exhausted itself, and when other threads come up.
Linda_Stuiv
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jan 09, 2006
in the end I know in middle east the rascism is Blatant for example in classifieds u see "I want an indian accou...." it is outrageous to see any of these in North America. Only way u have to get to stop is by implementing laws and second mixing among different cultures. In this way you get to know and get acquainted and comfortable (if u get along well) and in the end you perceive the fact that we are Homo sapeins irrespective of caste color or creed. So the first part starts with U. Teach ur friends, siblings etc not to pass or think in terms of rascism and the message will spread. Liban PLEASE LOCK THIS thread! :D
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 09, 2006
This thread is now closed.
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai RomanceForum Rules

Return to Dubai Romance