Where Are The Nice Beaches In Dubai??

Topic locked
Where are the nice beaches in Dubai?? Jan 07, 2006
Hey all, anyone know where the nice stretch of beaches are in Dubai? I used to go to the stretch behind the Oasis hotel by the 5th interchange, but now seems its all gone, with the new developments there! And I'm not too impressed with the shady crowds at the Jumeriah beach near Dubai Marine Beach resort.. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Jag

jag
Dubai forums Addict

Jan 07, 2006
Jumeirah beach park isn't bad. Wollongong where all the kite surfers hang out is quite cool.

Al Mamzar park just into Sharjah can be quite nice or head over to Fujeirah.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jan 07, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:Jumeirah beach park isn't bad. Wollongong where all the kite surfers hang out is quite cool.

Choc

Where is Wollongong?
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jan 07, 2006
shady crowds

You mean non-europeans? :wink:

Depends on what you want the beach for. Swimming? Surfing? Walking?

I prefer the "virgin" beaches for a walk, like Sharjah's and Ajman's beaches (except on Thursdays and Fridays) at night.

As for surfing/diving, I've been told there some very nice ones near Umm al Quawin (spelling?) and Ras Al-Kheimah.

Swimming I'd say Mamzar or Jumeirah.
Linda_Stuiv
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jan 07, 2006
Linda_Stuiv wrote:
shady crowds

You mean non-europeans? :wink:

Depends on what you want the beach for. Swimming? Surfing? Walking?

I prefer the "virgin" beaches for a walk, like Sharjah's and Ajman's beaches (except on Thursdays and Fridays) at night.

As for surfing/diving, I've been told there some very nice ones near Umm al Quawin (spelling?) and Ras Al-Kheimah.

Swimming I'd say Mamzar or Jumeirah.

Hehe, well actually just a place to chill, lay down, walk a little.. no swimming.. but would like a nice crowd.. some beaches in Dubai have too many shady labourers about with video cameras lurking about eck... the stretch near the ritz was a perfect spot till all the construction there.. :(

Anyways, will check out Mamzaar i guess and possibly Jumeriah beach park.. isnt the park private though? meaning you need to enter through the park?
jag
Dubai forums Addict

Jan 07, 2006
arniegang wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:Jumeirah beach park isn't bad. Wollongong where all the kite surfers hang out is quite cool.

Choc

Where is Wollongong?

choco meant the old Wollongong build... theyve moved, it doesnt say 'wollongong' anymore but its next to KFC and Hardees on Jumeira road.
easternjewel
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Jan 07, 2006
easternjewel wrote:
arniegang wrote:

Choc

Where is Wollongong?

choco meant the old Wollongong build... theyve moved, it doesnt say 'wollongong' anymore but its next to KFC and Hardees on Jumeira road.

Mank thanks EJ

so its the long beach are basically ending/starting next door to the Jumeira Beach Hotel then.
arniegang

Jan 08, 2006
yes, exactly (i think)
you will have the view of the Burj al Arab and JBH from it.

But still you might find what you might call "shady crowd"

i went there with friends and enjoyed nice BBQ in a chilli night.

Cheers
yshimy

Jan 08, 2006
Yeah Wollongong is the stretch after the Wollongong University on Beach road.

Jumeirah Beach park, you pay 5Dhs to enter, they're doing a lot to it, it's becoming pretty nice.

You get the guys with cameras on every beach, so long as they don't bother people not much of a problem. Anyway the police constantly patrol the beaches and move guys on if they're being a pain or caught filming.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jan 08, 2006
Try Jebel Ali beach-30 minutes drive-nice beach, little hut thingees and showers and you can watch the gaagle of kite surfers summersault in the air-a great few hours out! Cheers!!
Woolongong? The name cracks me up! Should call it Miami Beach or something equally obscure! Turn just before the green servo on J. B. road and drive between the boats-great backdrop as the Burj is in the background!
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jan 08, 2006
Hey it's next to the Aussie University that's why.

There are weirder names, honestly.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jan 08, 2006
Yeah and the uni is no longer there, right?? Bit like the defence roundabout?? Where are the army barracks?? LOL The references here to landmarks that existed long ago kills me!! In fact getting directions to anything here is hysterical eg "Where is your office?" answer "Near the Burjuman." ... "What road is that on?"...answer "Don't know." Hmmmmm.... you go to work everyday but you don't know which road your place of work is on???? :lol:
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jan 08, 2006
i think jebel ali beach is pretty good....its not as crowded as jumeirah beach. You can go there and sit in peace.
cadmus
Dubai forums Addict

Jan 08, 2006
GAB, Yeah you're so right. Very funny.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jan 08, 2006
i always know where i am, i bought a "navigator"

:D
arniegang

Jan 08, 2006
GAB wrote:Try Jebel Ali beach-30 minutes drive-nice beach, little hut thingees and showers and you can watch the gaagle of kite surfers summersault in the air-a great few hours out! Cheers!!
Woolongong? The name cracks me up! Should call it Miami Beach or something equally obscure! Turn just before the green servo on J. B. road and drive between the boats-great backdrop as the Burj is in the background!

Ok this sounds perfect! How do I get there from Skh Zayed highway?

Cheers!

:D
jag
Dubai forums Addict

Jan 08, 2006
Funny in more ways than one-I always get my husband to do the driving :oops: Anyway you basically just drive up the Sheikh Zayed Road and follow those signs to Jebel Ali then follow the signs to the Jebel Ali Golf Resort ( :oops: I think that's what they say! Gee, I should take more notice shouldn't I!!??). You know your in the right place when you hit the beach!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jan 09, 2006
go straight on sheikh zayed road. you have to take a right turn after the LOB buildings in jebel ali...i think that is towards gate no. 6 of jebel ali free zone...go straight on that road and you can find signs for jebel ali resort. Shooting range and jebel ali go carting clubs are also big landmarks there...once you reach jebel ali resort...intead of entering it...just go straight off the road...you will see the beach after a bumpy ride of some 100 meters.
cadmus
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum