Investment Funds In Dubai Looking For Deal Flow

Topic locked
Investment Funds in Dubai looking for deal flow Nov 12, 2008
Hi

I have just recently joined the forum and have found it very helpful. I am looking to possibly move to the Middle East, preferably Dubai and work in finance. I currently work for an investment bank in Australia, and although I am very happy with that I am looking for a “sea change”.

I have worked in investment banking for the last 4 years and have been lucky to build up a very full roller dex of clients/contacts, especially in the mining industry which I believe will be valuable in the future.

I am trying to get a feel for what the job market is like in Dubai at the moment. How badly has the current market situation hit UAE and the Middle East?

I believe I will be best suited working for a fund as my strength is my access to deal flow. I understand that several funds have been set up in Dubai recently, to invest in the mining industry and believe I am well positioned to serve these companies. However, I have yet to fully grasp whether or not these funds are hiring. Information in seem to be very scarce. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Carlos
Dubai Forum Guest

Nov 12, 2008
Don't bother coming here unless you want to compete for a job with the hundreds of axed i-bankers from the US and UK...
shaq
Dubai Forums Member

Nov 13, 2008
Fair comment, I appriciate the honesty!
Carlos
Dubai Forum Guest

Dec 15, 2008
Carlos: Share me with your email, I'd offer you the best investment opportunity in Dubai. Or you can email me at pa_la_ch@yahoo.co.uk or give me a call to 04-4230804

Rgds,
Umid
Umid
Dubai Expat Wannabe

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum