Libraries?

Topic locked
Libraries? Jan 03, 2006
Hi all,

Am an avid reader, but i cannot find the source to get good books to read. Magrudys is an option but how many books can one keep on buying? are their any libraries in Dubai where you can get books to read for a monthly membership?

Cheers,

Jerry

Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Libraries? Jan 04, 2006
Jeevan wrote:Hi all,

Am an avid reader, but i cannot find the source to get good books to read. Magrudys is an option but how many books can one keep on buying? are their any libraries in Dubai where you can get books to read for a monthly membership?

Cheers,

Jerry

very good question. There arent many open public libraries in Dubai which suxs big time! They spend lots on other useless stuffs.
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 04, 2006
How about starting a library on our own :) pool in the books you have so everyone can borrow and return them after reading.:).
Seems a far fetched idea but it just might work.

Jerry
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 05, 2006
Jeevan wrote:How about starting a library on our own :) pool in the books you have so everyone can borrow and return them after reading.:).
Seems a far fetched idea but it just might work.

Jerry

yep y not. Get some volunteers having many novels and you can set up a forum to exchange the books.
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 15, 2006
Isn't there a public library next to Union Coop on Al Wasl??
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jan 28, 2006
GAB wrote:Isn't there a public library next to Union Coop on Al Wasl??

There is..!
There is one in Deira too
easternjewel
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Feb 01, 2006
easternjewel wrote:
GAB wrote:Isn't there a public library next to Union Coop on Al Wasl??

There is..!
There is one in Deira too

It's smaaaaaaaaall lib
hashman
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Libraries Feb 05, 2006
Has anyone tried the British Council Library? They have limited books there but guess its worth a shot.

My view on the public libraries here is that they are as good as not being there. FYI the one on Wasl road Jumeirah is for kids.

Laterz
Sam
samnnd5
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Library Feb 19, 2006
I have visited one Publice Library at Hor AL Anz near Al Mulla Plaza & seen another one at Deira Gold Souk.

You can call the Customer Care No. & find out more.
sobani
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Library Feb 20, 2006
There is a public library in Deira , Just close to the creak and next to st.George Hotel . Its a very good library and normally remain open till 8.30 pm .

regds
Sree
sreedhar_p@hotmail.com
sree
Dubai Forums Member

Mar 08, 2006
hey i think starting a book club is a good idea....we can exchange books...and suggest readings....and besides in this scenerio you are saved from wasting your time on useless books....i have some 25-30 books...if neone is interested in exchanging books for reading PM me.
cadmus
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 08, 2006
Why not try the House of Prose! You buy second hand books and when you're finished, you seel it back to them and buy another. It's kinda like a lending library with minimal cost.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Mar 08, 2006
On the AL Soufa Road just before the junction to IC 4 and the Mina Salam there is a sign saying E-Library.

Thats all i can tell you lol
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat