Effective?

Topic locked
Effective? Oct 09, 2008
Did anyone ever find the job they were looking for by posting their resume on this forum?

Dutchess
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: Effective? Oct 10, 2008
Dutchess wrote:Did anyone ever find the job they were looking for by posting their resume on this forum?

Well I dont think so...... As employers may not have much time to see such forums in order to find employees. But still such forums are a little hope for people like us who wish to work and live in UAE.

-Kamran
itauditorpk dot blogspot dot com
kkmm
Dubai Forum User

Oct 10, 2008
not quiet true, there are one or two recruiters that do post vacancies on these forums, as well as some members who do try to help out where possible.

remember this is not a recruitment site, the aim is for people "in the know" to try and provide encouragement, direction, guidelines/ pointers to people looking for positions; what you do and how you do it after that is up to you.
dbxsoul
Honored Member

hi Oct 10, 2008
i agree. But i am not even getting guidelines for my questions and job requirement/specifications.

Just to understand no one is there in finance field to guide ???
rajeshramaswamy
Dubai Forum Visitor

Oct 10, 2008
I agree. But i am not even getting guidelines for my questions and job requirement/specifications.

Just to understand no one is there in finance field to guide ???

Friends,

What are the chances that an experienced finance professional getting a job in UAE ?

Visit visa

or trying from the place itself --contacting headhunters.

Please can anyone guide me as i am confused. As i am in need of job ASAP.

Any ones guidance will be of great help.

I see you posted this, and then another post asking for leads.

Without trying to be funny, how much effort have you put into looking for the answers? What job sites have you visited? Have you used the Search function on this site?

Visit Visa? What about it, you can get a visit visa for Dubai through a travel agency. What is the question relating to Visit Visa’s

You need to be as specific as possible with regards to the questions for someone to be able to help you. As I said remember that the people on the site answer questions voluntarily, not because we get paid to do it.
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Oct 10, 2008
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Oct 11, 2008
appreciate your reply.

i have registered with headhunters starting from the big ones like hays, charterhouse, gulftalent, budge,bayt to more than 100 consultants approx in UAE.

i have sent/registered my resume with almost all the headhunters in UAE, registered with Cos in their respective sites . apart from the above daily i am searching for new headhunters also to get registered.

My question is whether trying from home country(out of UAE) is advantageous or coming in visit visa is more advantageous to get a job ?
rajeshramaswamy
Dubai Forum Visitor

Oct 11, 2008
rajeshramaswamy wrote:My question is whether trying from home country(out of UAE) is advantageous or coming in visit visa is more advantageous to get a job ?

I would also like to know the answer to this question.
Dutchess
Dubai Forum Visitor

Oct 11, 2008
without a doubt, the answer is yes. applying for a job whilst in the uae will give you edge over candidate who are out of the country.

the employer can meet and interview you at legnth.

the employer does not have to pay to have to re-located as you are already here.

you can evaluate the employer face-to-face rather than when you arrive.
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Oct 11, 2008
thanks for your prompt response
rajeshramaswamy
Dubai Forum Visitor

posting in Dubai Job WantedForum Rules

Return to Dubai Job Wanted