Nissan Altima 2008

Topic locked
Nissan Altima 2008 Aug 31, 2008
I'm in the market for a new car and am considering Altima or Accord. I looked at the Altima 2.5S model (2008 MY). Its fully loaded and a whole lot cheaper than 2008 Accord, the other car I looked at. The price difference between an Accord EX 2008 (2.4 litre) and a comparably equipped Nissan Altima 2.5S is around 10,000 DHS. However, my friends tell me that the resale value of Altima is bad and that I will lose a lot of money, compared to Accord or Camry. I also heard that there are transmission problems with Altima (automatic). How true are these? I rather like the Altima but I’d appreciate if you guys can let me know whether the issues stated by my friends are real.

Also, when does Nissan release 2009 models in UAE?

Thanks,
thekinge

thekinge
Dubai Forums Member

Sep 01, 2008
u bet..Altima has a lower resale value than Accord
xdude
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Sep 04, 2008
oh~really?

thanks for sharing the info.

by the way, how about the 2009 Mazda 6, i like its aggressive look and zoom zoom feeling~
Bonde
Dubai Forum Visitor

Sep 19, 2008
Halo

I'm driving a 2008 2,5 Altima. The Car is pretty good and dosn't use much petrol and very comfortable. However, the thing u said about the transm is true. But i think it is not serious problem because im using the car and it's pretty good.
Vexit
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Dec 11, 2008
Would you be interested in Importing this car from Canada? I can save you thousands over any US vehicle import. Please let me know!

Jason@LPauto.ca
LPauto
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Feb 21, 2009
Whats ur last price?
GrooVeR
Dubai Forum Visitor

May 04, 2009
well I have a nissan altima 2.5 S and is a great car. it take only 6.5/100 petrol and the comfort is very good. I'm very happy with this car
marikas_2005
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

posting in Dubai AutoForum Rules

Return to Dubai Auto