Creating A Business In Dubai

Topic locked
Creating a business in Dubai Jun 05, 2008
Does anyone know how one would go about creating a new business in Dubai?

I am an English citizen and I am in the process of moving to Dubai shortly and I am considering creating a business.

Cheers

Dan

DannyA
Dubai Forum Guest

Jun 06, 2008
Dan,
Your question is so WIDE..... like ask how to sail somewhere in ocean. It depends on where you want to come, exactly. May be one part of ocean, may be another land with different conditions. And, depends on those conditions, choose your vessel and crew.
So here is the same: first decide which business sector you aiming for, then gather lots of information about it, find people who "sails" this part of "economic ocean" and work with them.
Navigator
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jun 06, 2008
dannial sun you can set up a LLC company in which you have 49% share and local (emarati) has 51% shares. mind you, you will have to find a local thats trusthworthy ;).

2nd you can set up a company in FREEZONE. Every state i.e dubai, shj has a freezone. In a freezone you will have 100% ownership of the company.

There are benefits and drawbacks for both of them.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 07, 2008
Hi Rude Boy,

Thank you for your answer Rude Boy. I am also considering starting a business in UAE in a year and a half. Do you know if there are any restrictions regarding free zones, or are they any websites that you can recommend for proper information.

Thanks in advance and best regards
shireen
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Jun 07, 2008
i ran across a good book recently relating to starting and registering your own business in dubai..

"dubai red-tape"

i actually know two people who have used this to get them through the procedures government departments and get thier respective buinesses underway
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Jun 07, 2008
http://www.dafza.gov.ae/en/

http://www.saif-zone.com/

just go on google and type in the emirates and then freezone. example sharjah freezone or dubai freezone etc.

well there is a shortage of offices in the freezone at the moment :( was planning on opening another company in the freezone but they dont have offices but I can still setup the company and i will have to pay around 40,000dhs to 60,000dhs for a small office :(.

i have got a llc company as well but like i said you need to be able to find a trustable local because they will have 51% share of the company.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 07, 2008
Thank you very much for your answers Rudeboy and Dbxsoul. Very much appreciated, feel free to share additional info if you feel like to..

Best regards
shireen
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Jun 07, 2008
by the way shireen what business you thinking of setting up?
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 08, 2008
Helping and guiding foreign businesses looking to enter the French and North African markets. What about you Rudeboy, what is your field of expertise?
shireen
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Jun 08, 2008
shireen wrote:Helping and guiding foreign businesses looking to enter the French and North African markets. What about you Rudeboy, what is your field of expertise?

hmmm check out whether they have any offices in the Dubai Silicon its a freezone as well as the media and internet city.

hmm i would like to keep my expertise confidential you never know who might be listening on the net ;).

anyways good luck. I do know the germans have a similiar thing had their number and were great in helping find a companies detail in germany.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 08, 2008
Feel free to us pm for confidential information :)
shireen
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Jun 08, 2008
shireen wrote:Feel free to us pm for confidential information :)

hmm are u cia or fbi or mi5 :P
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 08, 2008
None of the above, just somebody who enjoys business networking. Since you asked me about my activity, I thought it would be normal to ask the same, kind of like exchanging business cards. But I sure do not want to push you into talking about your business. So thanks for the useful info and sorry if you felt pressured about anything...
shireen
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: Creating a business in Dubai Jun 08, 2008
DannyA wrote:Does anyone know how one would go about creating a new business in Dubai?

I am an English citizen and I am in the process of moving to Dubai shortly and I am considering creating a business.

Cheers

Dan

get ready to kiss some camel hump damaged l0ocal arse..
xibit
Dubai forums Addict

Jun 10, 2008
A big thanks to all who have replied! I'll be checking out a few of those web sites and that book over the next couple of months.
Look out for me!
DannyA
Dubai Forum Guest

Jun 10, 2008
check out RAK free zone
http://www.rak-ia.com/
super cheap and relativley easy and of course tax fee. It costs about $1500 USD every year and about $6000 to set up. You will have to hire a local firm to serve as a "registered agent" but there are quite a few who are very cheap. You will also keep 100% ownership. If most of your business will be somewhere other than Dubai, then this could be a good choice.
maximusprime
Dubai forums Addict

Jul 03, 2008
Hello, I am looking into opening a kind of Gastro pub in Dubai but am finding nothing on the internet. From what I have gathered ex pats seem to be annoyed with the lack of good Pubs in Dubai? I have never visted but plan to in the next 6 months and was wondering how difficult it is to get a (commercial) Liquor Licence.I can not find anything on the Internet to even put me on the right track
duffman
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Jul 03, 2008
Hello,
First off, you cant serve alcohol in Dubai except in the hotels so you would have to do some real slick deal making to get a spot in a hotel. Second, there is a law that says that a local partner must own 51% of your business to operate here unless you are in one off the free zones. Hope that helps.
maximusprime
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai Business TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Business Talk