Speed Of The New Metro

Topic locked
Speed of the New Metro Apr 30, 2008
Hey All,

Did anyone see the newspaper article on the Metro today in the newspaper? I was shocked to see the top speed of the tram.....25 km/h......does anyone have any other info about this? it would take one hour to get from Jebel Ali to the Creek!

Any comments, ideas?

jahnsj
Dubai Expat Wannabe

May 02, 2008
The speed is 40kmph i believe... but im sure thats not the exact report either
KeithL
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 02, 2008
That was the tram, which is a separate side-project from the actual Metro. I think the Metro itself will run at 120 kph, but I could be imagining that figure.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

May 03, 2008
unrealistic with so many stations in between, 60 -80 max would make sense, more in the 60's than 80's
and imagine its still double the avarage of cueing on SZR, but what you might win with the metro you will lose finding a ride from Metro to final destination.... :lol:
entirely BULLSHIT anyways
M!
Dubai forums Addict

May 12, 2008
25 only???? :shock: It will makes more problems than resolves. I used this kind of transport in different countries for many times. Somewhere it helps people to move fast without traffic jams and with speed about 60-80 kmph. But there is trams that makes problems, traffic jams and accidents.

So what about metro, I'm sure it will be very usefull to get D.Marina or Emirates Mall from Deira for fast in a rush hour.

By the way, it will be also very nice sightseeing route for tourists, because it's elevation above the roads.
Navigator
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

May 12, 2008
update, will make upto :!: 40K/hr scary :roll: rotfl, which takes the same time go with the car from one end to the other.....
M!
Dubai forums Addict

May 12, 2008
I heard somewhere that the metro will be running at between 80 to 100 kms/hour. The tram will of course runat 40 kms/hr
sa4877
Dubai Forums Talker

May 13, 2008
open your eyes and ears and have a look at gulf news they posted a small video of the test run and mentioned 40 K's to lazy to search for you its on Youtube
M!
Dubai forums Addict

May 13, 2008
"Blue and white train which can reach speed up to 40 kmph" :shock:

May be somewhere like at Emirate Towers it's enough speed but not for another places.
Navigator
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat