Want A Residence Visa But I Dont Want To Work. Help...

Topic locked
Want a residence visa but I dont want to work. Help... Apr 24, 2008
Hi,
I´m planning to move to Duabi but need a residence visa since I dont want to live there on a tourist visa. The problem is that I dont want to work. I can´t figure out a way around this since the only way to obtain a residence visa is either by 1, to work, 2, to marry (not yet) and 3, start a company (no).
So I´m looking for some ideas or for a company that can "hire" me and I will pay that company a fee for the help.

Have a nice!

Swede
Dubai Forum Guest

Apr 24, 2008
There r companies that do this....but it is going to cost you...

Another possibility is the buy freehold. Then you are allowed to request a residence visa.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 24, 2008
Thanks for the answer. How much do you think they charge?
Never heard the word freehold before (wikipedia wasn´t any help either), guess it has someting to do with real estate? In that case it´s not an option either.
If you have any contact information to any of those companies please PM me.
Swede
Dubai Forum Guest

Apr 25, 2008
buying properties that can be 100% foreign owned.
studstar
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Want a residence visa but I dont want to work. Help... Apr 25, 2008
Swede wrote:Hi,
I´m planning to move to Duabi but need a residence visa since I dont want to live there on a tourist visa. The problem is that I dont want to work. I can´t figure out a way around this since the only way to obtain a residence visa is either by 1, to work, 2, to marry (not yet) and 3, start a company (no).
So I´m looking for some ideas or for a company that can "hire" me and I will pay that company a fee for the help.

Have a nice!

I'm curious to know what you are coming to Dubai for?
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Want a residence visa but I dont want to work. Help... Apr 25, 2008
sage & onion wrote:

Have a nice!

right on sage......... u r aptly named
desert surfer
Dubai Forums Talker

Re: Want a residence visa but I dont want to work. Help... Apr 27, 2008
sage & onion wrote:

Have a nice!

For tax reasons. I need residence in a tax free country.
Swede
Dubai Forum Guest

Apr 29, 2008
Hmm seems a bit weird might not work for you. it's tax free salary, and there are tax free zones. but considering it as a tax free country is entirely another issue.
scarlet
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 03, 2008
Buying a freehold completed property is the cheapest non-working way you can get a residence visa, excluding the price of the expensive property. But that appreciates in value anyway. Search thru gulfnews.com or something for info on freehold.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Residence Visa through Freehold Purchase May 09, 2008
OK guys, I've heard some different things about this. If buying freehold gets you a residence visa, does the visa only apply when the property is fully paid off, or, can you receive the visa even though you still have a mortgage? Also, when you do get a residence visa this way, does it apply to your family as well?

A little confused....
CanuckEng
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: Residence Visa through Freehold Purchase May 09, 2008
CanuckEng wrote:OK guys, I've heard some different things about this. If buying freehold gets you a residence visa, does the visa only apply when the property is fully paid off, or, can you receive the visa even though you still have a mortgage? Also, when you do get a residence visa this way, does it apply to your family as well?

A little confused....

You can apply for the visa only after handover of the keys, which means you cannot get a visa if you buy incomplete property. The developer will just ask for a no-objection letter from your building owner (in case of an apartment), and possibly from the bank too. However, you definitely not get a mortgage from a local bank here if you don't have a job.

The visa can be had for your wife and kids also.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum